Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,430 members, 7,853,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

Why Biafra Failed And Lessons For IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Biafra Failed And Lessons For IPOB (389 Views)

How Security Agents Hunting For IPOB Killed Unarmed People In Enugu - PUNCH / Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens / Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Biafra Failed And Lessons For IPOB by Naijiant: 11:00am On May 26, 2017
Philip Efiong was a major-general in the Biafran army and second-in-command to Emeka Ojukwu the leader o the breakaway republic during the Nigerian Civil War of 1967 to 1970. He died in 2003, but his posthumous account of Biafra, "The caged bird sang no more: My Biafra odyssey, 1966-70, published in 2016, is quite revealing about how the Biafran effort failed. It also provides useful lessons for the recent agitation for the "restoration" of Biafra.
Details: https://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/why-biafra-failed/
Re: Why Biafra Failed And Lessons For IPOB by anaton(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2017
Post the contents here or.....
Re: Why Biafra Failed And Lessons For IPOB by dealslip(f): 12:41pm On May 26, 2017
Another lesson is that they should stop insulting everyone including Osinbajo. Osinbajo is a part of a group called God Bless Nigeria which has been in existence even before he became Attorney General of Lagos. This group prays regularly for the unity of Nigeria. He by divine orchestration has found himself at the helm of affairs of this country. Do you think he would suddenly change. I have always supported Biafra or Nigeria restructured despite been Yoruba. I have been erroneously labelled IPOB for expressing my support for the Biafra cause, but honestly the way some Biafrans turn and twist issues can be highly exasperating. They heap all sorts of lies, insult and attack on Yoruba people, blaming them for their issues. Biafrans should learn to play politics more subtle. You can't keep insulting everyone dead or alive who shares a different opinion with yours and still expect them to support you when you raise a cause. It is alien to the human nature. No sane mind would extend hands of cooperation or support. I know many Yoruba living in Rivers, Bayelsa, Niger, Plateau, Kaduna but many don't want to live in the east because some Biafrans can be troublesome. If you want Osinbajo to support, he can but this level of insult will never allow any form of interest in your advocacy. No sane mind cooperates with people who insult them. This man has spoken very wisely, let us pick the one that works for other uses even if it is in business or other associations. The best way is to sponsor someone to the level of presidency and mount pressure for cessation or restructuring.

(1) (Reply)

Ambode Boosts Emergency Response Along Lekki-ajah Corridor / Biafra Protest: Osinbajo Will Be Held Liable For Any Death - Ohaneze / Ikorodu, Badagry To Get New Emergency Response Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.