Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. (33490 Views)

Holyfield Announces Intention To Fight Mike Tyson Again / Photo Of Bash Ali Being Manhandled By GEJ's Minister's Security Aides In 2013 / Bash Ali During Goodluck Jonathan Regime Vs Buhari Regime:See The Difference(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by fkj950ax(m): 1:38pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

We value the west more than our own.

-If LASG will pay for Holyfield to visit Lagos as a guest when Bash Ali is a tenant in Lagos.

-When we celebrate Halloween and demonize the Oro and Ekpe festivals.

-When Government officials use BMWs and Mercedes Benz when we have Innosons and yet scream buy Nigerian to grow the Naira

-When we watch Kaitlyn Jenner's show on E and call Denrele and Bobrisky perverts.

-When PeterPsquare, an Anambra boy goes to London just to watch live Chelsea FC matches yet he has never been to the Ifeanyi Uba FC Stadium at Nnewi.

-when herdsmen slaughters are not talked about by supposed celebrities but you hear them tweet #PrayForParis and co.

When will we value our own
When will our inferiority complex end

Still I weep
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by mapet: 1:39pm On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:
World Boxing Champion that doesn't have a Wikipedia page, should that one even be called a boxer?

Bros,

This your reasoning get as he be o! When did "Wikipedia page" become the yardstick to measure success or popularity? I hope you are not one of those that quote wikipedia as references in school work?
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by 1metre: 1:40pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

-If LASG will pay for Holyfield to visit Lagos as a guest when Bash Ali is a tenant in Lagos.

-When Government officials use BMWs and Mercedes Benz when we have Innosons and yet scream buy Nigerian to grow the Naira

-When we watch Kaitlyn Jenner's show on E and call Denrele and Bobrisky perverts.

-When PeterPsquare, an Anambra boy goes to London just to watch live Chelsea FC matches yet he has never been to the Ifeanyi Uba FC Stadium at Nnewi.

-when herdsmen slaughters are not talked about by supposed celebrities but you hear them tweet #PrayForParis and co.

Still I weep
but bash should try earn respect for himself, his noise is too much now
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by dahunsy(f): 1:42pm On May 26, 2017
Raxxye:
The guy has a strong point. I wonder why Ambode never looked in his direction.
coughs**clears throat# Holyfield is coming to Lagos through is charity foundation and he is donating to the Lagos state govt...bash Ali is just a jobless old man that's asking for a fraud Guinness fight he never deserved...during his active days what's impact did he had on the upcoming boxers then and youth development ? He is quick to play the sympathy card and hero forgotten ish.,do u kw how many sport minister this man has fought? Is he the old retired sportsman in the country?.....mark my word bash Ali is nothing but a broke ass old man.....pls let us always make our findings

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by udemzyudex(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:
World Boxing Champion that doesn't have a Wikipedia page, should that one even be called a boxer?

Who Wikipedia help? E dey share money?
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by mapet: 1:45pm On May 26, 2017
Unfortunately Bash Ali has burnt all the bridges he could have used to sustain the profile of his glory days. In his suicidal quest to break world record of a boxing championship match in his late 50s-early 60s, he came out as percieved as trying to blackmail govt officials. He was whisked out of Bolaji Abdulahi's office as minister of Sports, same fate he suffered in with the current minister. The private sector are not even ready to touch him in a mile. He has no sell value anymore and his image is badly dented.

Aside from having his name in some print, he is not the image that will be of value to the organizers of Lagos @50......and lastly he's not a Lagosian, so what's his problem? Why not direct his jab to Edo state?

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by mayormick(m): 1:53pm On May 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
He saying the truth but as usual some punks will come here to mock him ..Evander holyfield won't recieve anything less than 300k USD to show up and yet Bash Ali is still broke ..
Hmm..na where u get dat info, moreover even if dem give am dat amount to show; u never hear how much him pledge Lagos for health support? $3m! As in 3 farking million dollars
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Lilimax(f): 1:53pm On May 26, 2017
Bash Alli, you time don expire nah shocked
Let this sink into you embarassed
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Lilimax(f): 1:54pm On May 26, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

This your reasoning get as he be o! When did "Wikipedia page" become the yardstick to measure success or popularity? I hope you are not one of those that quote wikipedia as references in school work?
It is in a way.
It'll add to your rating embarassed
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by factwriter(m): 1:57pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

Still I weep

True talk
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Gudfrie(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:
MaaziNnamdigoat sad
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by SalamRushdie: 2:04pm On May 26, 2017
mayormick:
Hmm..na where u get dat info, moreover even if dem give am dat amount to show; u never hear how much him pledge Lagos for health support? $3m! As in 3 farking million dollars

Evander Holyfield doesn't have 3 million dollars now except he want to go and raise it in a charity..

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by tiwiex(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

Still I weep

Most of your points are valid but on the Oro and Eyo festival, i think we are our own problems. We portray it as mystical and black magic. Go try wear Oro uniform as costume and see the kind beating. This fear has been passed from generation to generation and prevented us from reaping the economic gains. I don't even know what the Oro uniform looks like. If there is any.

Most of the other points also make sense. People that can project a Nigerian footbal with money made through Nigeria are after Chelsea, Arsenal and co. They could do both ways. The rich man from Kano could even partner with the foreign club to build up Kano pillars. Na so. I guess na when we get money like that we go understand.
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

Still I weep

You are so on point. When are we going to believe in the Nation called Nigeria? God help us, as our leaders keep failing us and keep importing foreigners and celebrating them
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Codyt(m): 2:07pm On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:
I know someone must deviate totally from what's been said. What has his not having a wiki page got to do with this? Get educated! angry

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by aribisala0(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2017
Somebody Don hit the head on the nail.
Bash Ali no go do novelty, him so beat Tinubu for real
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Austinoiz(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2017
eternalcity:
But why didn't asiwaju show up na? Or didn't want to hear that Hollyfield mistakenly land am one career ending jab grin

All em BROWN teeth go travel with just one mistake jab from Evander.
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by bablex01(m): 2:26pm On May 26, 2017
Ambode ##shame On You
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by 234ng44uk(m): 2:40pm On May 26, 2017
Are you all aware that Evander Holyfield was not paid to visit. Instead, Holyfield donated $3 million to Lagos state to support youth and sports development by providing medical facilities. What exactly is Bash Ali saying? Whose hero is he. A hero that can't donate 1 Naira, is that one a hero?
Moreover, he's an Edo hero, not Lagos.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/evander-holyfield-donates-3m-health-equipment-lasg/
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by bizzibodi(m): 2:44pm On May 26, 2017
Bash has a point.
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by enigma2007(m): 2:51pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

-When we watch Kaitlyn Jenner's show on E! and call Denrele and Bobrisky perverts.

Still I weep

Apt!
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by delors(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2017
He listed all the titles, decorations, honours etc he has been blessed with by Nigeria...yet he asks "what is wrong with my country?" Is someone being logically inconsistent here? Cool down sir...u cannot headline to all sporting in Nigeria na...Holyfield's invitation is just a market/advert strategy. If na So, snoop dogg or Jay-Z should headline all musical concerts in the states.

Soliloquizing: But seriously they could have invited him though...like even as just a guest of honour. #BadPlanning
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by EmekaBlue(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2017
D guest just dey look ambode like talk ur shiit and pay me my balance lemme leave this zoo back to d states
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by toshmann(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

-When we watch Kaitlyn Jenner's show on E! and call Denrele and Bobrisky perverts.

Still I weep

That is the worst. When GEJ prays for paris while Boko Haram killed hundreds in same weekend,
Buhari doesnt even recognize those killed by fulani herdsmen but he sends condolence to european country that loses 1-2 dozens of people to terrorism while pure genocide is happening in naija.

Perhaps we should start with our name. Change the name nigeria. Afterall it is a foreign name. We can call ourselves Naija or Naijaland. That is one name we gave ourselves.
This thing worry o
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 26, 2017
The truth is that, what is the motive behind bringing Holifield For the match ?

The world would see and hear about it

That could be a means to an end economically for lagos state , when the spotlight is on lagos again. Bash Ali won't achieve that

Tazdroid:
Uncle Bash has a point.... Na money dem go waste to bring am, accommodate am, feed am, take am round, pay am! In Dollars no doubt

We need to look inward. All that craze for "Western things" isn't going to take us anywhere.
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by josielewa(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2017
walosky:
Whats his own?

Borrow pose!
and am sure your dad cant pay just to borrow and snap...u talk without sense...checking profile
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 26, 2017
Are ur children players already cheesy
Everblazinggg:
I pity any body that wants to kill him self trying to make Nigeria proud. The labour of their hero past has always been in vain. I don't blame any one that is doing well now but rejects this God forsaken entity. My children will never play for this country... Never

1 Like

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Daboomb: 3:29pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

Still I weep

While l agree that Bash coul dhave been invited along, Lagos State Govt DID NOT PAy Hollyfield to come to Lagos!
The reverse is actually the case.
Hollyfield is donating a $3Million (Yes, three Million Dollars health facility to the Lagos State Govt, in return.

Unfortunately, Money talks, Bash Alli is always asking for Money from Govts, l can see any project he has invested-in, in Lagos.
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by josielewa(m): 3:29pm On May 26, 2017
BUSHHUNTER:
Thought he was hospitalized some months ago due to greed... Money meant to be shared he colonized it...Nigeria police gave him the beating of his life.

Since he quit boxing he has resorted to fighting police fighting NFF fighting neighbours now he's fighting govt.

Ode agbalagba.
you are a bastard for calling him ode
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:30pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

Still I weep

Sorry to interrupt you but do we celebrate Halloween in Nigeria?
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Waspy(m): 3:35pm On May 26, 2017
I beg to differ on this. I'm not commending LASG for what it did or didn't do but some of these people also need to give back to the society to warrant such recognitions. I'm not aware of Bash Ali's social and sports contribution too.

Thumbs up to Kanu Nwankwo and few others

Social Involvement and Responsibility is key to Social Recognitions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enyimba Explains Why Innocent Gabriel Okey's Jersey Number Was Hand Written / Poland Refuse To Play Russia In 2022 World Cup Playoff Game / Ronaldo, Benzema, Cristiano: Start One, Bench One, Sell One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.