Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Red Rose - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Rose (1168 Views)

A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio / The Fabric Red Rose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2017
If you're really an ebook lover and you're looking for a fantastic love story to read visit okadabooks.com search for RED ROSE by OKOH UDOKA and you will never regret reading it

Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2017
Let me upload some of the chapters of red rose so that you guys will see and okadabooks subscribers will know what they're about to buy thanks

PREFACE
An eye for an eye and the world will go blind, vengeance bears no fruit, war only begets hunger, casualties and division among the people. Divided nation have only but a tattered future or no future, for the only way of getting to a better future is together and united
Red rose is a masterpiece of a writer that shows a love so pure and unique that conquered all even as it pass through the trials of time, such love was found in the heart of Odum and Princess Anyanwu. The feeling they have for each other is so unbreakable even when fate faced them with obstacle and jealous friends like Agu, they still made it to the end.
Read and see how the power of love replaced the love of power paving way for a future of hope, peace and unity..
Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2017
CHAPTER 1
The sun have travelled far to the west, women and children are seen coming back from the farm with basket on their head. Hunters are heading inside the bush with guns and machete to hunt, teenage boys and girls are going down the village square to play and discuss. Most young men are in different places drinking and discussing.
“Despite all this fun we’re having right here Odum is absent.” Ikedi said to his friend in amazement. Oba replied “he may be at his forge, well am not surprised, I will say his greedy.” Ikedi cut in with disbelief “l will say he’s hardworking.” He said standing up, finished his cup of palm wine. “let me go check on him and see if anything is wrong.”
Ikedi walked a little while before he finally arrived at Odum’s forge. Odum is tall dark handsome man that many young women would like to be his wife, but Odum on the other hand is not interested in women.
Ikedi clapped his hands to making himself known, Odum who is busy hammering a hot metal to form a blade raises his head. “Aah Ikedi, come in.” he said.
“My friend, always married to your work.” “What else can I do? Especially now that I have been upgraded.” Odum said, Ikedi was surprise and confused at what Odum said “What do you mean?” He asked. “Am now the royal blacksmith.” Ikedi was happy for Odum’s improvement “how did it happen?” he asked expecting some answers “The royal blacksmith Uzala is almost too old and feeble….since there is no one else to take his place expect me, the king appointed me specifically to replace him’’ Odum tells Ikedi all that he wanted to here, “That’s good news, have you been given any work to do by the Igwe?’’. “Yes, am actually on it’’, Odum raise the sword, still blunt,’’ is that a golden head’’ Ikedi asked in amazement.
“Yes of course, finest of all blade in Odudu kingdom’’ Odum said looking magnificently at the sword’’ how d id the gold came about…oh don’t tell me, it’s the king, but who does he plan on giving it to?” Ikedi asked curiously.
“You never get tired of question, do you?” Odum asked him, he giggles… “‘well I heard that Agu have won the victory with the troops and it looks that the king will present it to him.’’ Odum concluded
“Ok, that’s fine, let me leave you to your work I wouldn’t like to act as a source of distraction to you, just make a good impression to the King’’. Ikedi said “That is right, thanks for coming anyway’’ Odum bade him good bye.
At King’s palace two guards are seen stationed at the entrance and other two at the palace where the King’s and elder’s have their meeting concerning the village matters.
King Omekagu is sitting on his throne trying to put his mind at rest with two guards at his both sides enters his daughter princess Anyanwu. “Long life your majesty “she said while she curtsy “Anyanwu ututu,’’ the King smiles as he speaks, my mirror of beauty, you’re the only thing that means everything, the only achievement that means every achievement to your mother the queen and I.
Anyanwu dances around while her father smiles “you’re a very good King but no one excels you as father” she sits down besides her father’s feet, “father can you tell me what it’s like when you first met mother”.
“Yes my daughter that was the glory old days, I was still a young prince, I went to the stream that very day with my friend and she happens to be there, when I saw her dipping a pot of water to fetch. I said to myself blessing be unto me that gaze at the most beautiful being on earth, and not even the gods would deny me such a pretty lady, I walked up to her tried to talk but she was too busy and also in a hurry to leave so all I said that day was to no avail,” he looked down at the princess and saw how earnestly she was listening so he continued “to cut the story short your mother was with no doubt my destiny, she was the very reason I was born. During my youthful age, I was known to be adventurer but to be sincere the highest adventure I ever ventured was the search of your mother’s heart”
“Father are you happy being with mother?” she asked “I was happy when I was made the king but happier that your mother Ugomma is beside me as the queen. Anyanwu my daughter I pray to the gods that you find a man that will love and cherish you like I do your mother.” He replied with a tender smile that shows his sincerity.
Like a thunderbolt it’s struck the king “I almost forgot, it’s almost sunset I need Ikoro to run some errand for me.” said the king “Is it anything I can do father.”
“don’t worry my dear I don’t want the sun to smite you and…” the king was cut short by Anyanwu “Father we live in a kingdom where the sun hit harshly, no one can escape not even someone of my status” she argued.
The king knew he never stand a chance of winning so he gave into the princess demand. “If you insist on running the errand, I have no problem with that, I just want someone to go fetch me the sword I will present to Agu from the blacksmith as a token of my gratitude for the war he won for us… we are all in his debt.” Said the king.
“Father tell me what war is like since you have been in center battle many times’’ the princess asked looking at her father’s face expecting some answers, the King took a deep breath as he exhaled, These were the words that flowed out with his breath “War is not a sight to be seen, at the end of each battle I mourn the soul of the dead both my men and the enemy, pitied those that will mourn them for the rest of their life’’, the King shock his head in regret.
“If war is such a horrible sight to behold, why do you still have to fight?”, she asked her father, he giggles shock his head again “this is a sacrifice that few have to make for many to survive, live and better tomorrow”. He said.
“Now would be the right time to go and fetch me the sword before you kill me with your question”. The King said to the princess. “Yes I guess so, is it still the workshop of the village blacksmith?” she asked, “Yes but another blacksmith” answered the king. The old one Uzala has already retired. It is high time for his becoming too old for the work said the princess.
She stands up to set off on the journey as she gets a bit closer to the entrance, she turns back and said “promise me that I will go alone father”. He looked away, disappointment crossed his feature, “I promise”. I love you father said the princess “and you too” the king answered.
The princess set off alone on her little adventure, she thought to herself how the world would have treated her if she was not the princess.
Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 6:41am On Jun 17, 2017
CHAPTER 2
At Odum’s forge he was busy with the blade and it was nearly finished, he was very busy with his work that he didn’t even noticed when the princess entered. The princess entered and saw a handsome figure that is no less than a god. She stood still gently watch as Odum hit the hot metal, the contraction and relaxation of his muscle made the princess very light on her feet as she thought to herself “look at him being as handsome as if he’s the god of handsomeness and it’s amazing how the heat and smoke from the forge makes him darker, adding more beauty to his figure, leave me in wilderness with him and I shall never complain cause his hands that is no less than a metal will protect me from the thorn of the wilderness, when night comes I shall rest in his broad chest and feel the warmth that I have never felt before not even in my father’s palace, then when danger comes calling I will stand behind cause there is the safest place in the world” the princess come closer to see his handsome face clearer and made a slight noise that Odum saw her, they have both eye glued to each other for an instant but felt like forever to them.
Odum bowed his head saying “My lady” rise she commanded, “Where is the royal blacksmith?” she asked “I am my lady” Odum replied. “Oh I see, have you finished the sword yet” she asked. Odum turned to the position of the unfinished sword “it will soon be done… you can go I will bring it to the palace, when am done, I just need a little more time” said Odum.
“Am not planning on living, I will wait and take it home”, said the princess, Odum turns in amazement and said to her “This environment is not good for your velvet skin, neither is it good for your nose which only knows the smell of a rose, a forge is no place for you my lady.” Princess replied him with a smile on her face “never mind me just keep working” alright my lady”, he went back to his work.
Anyanwu then took her time admiring Odum from where she was sitting down Odum was troubled by the presence of the princess, his heart pounds so fast and loud that it seems it’s about to explode and he fears that the princess might hear it pounding. Odum seem confused with what he is feeling inside and that same feeling goes also to the princess who tries enduring it.
She forgets herself and mistakenly placed her palm on a hot metal “Ouch my hand” she screamed out of pain. Odum ran to her aid, “Like I feared, the forge is never a place for you and now I can’t forgive myself for this injury” he said sadly as he brought out a container that contains olive oil and kneel down to rub the princess burnt palm.
“It’s not your fault,” she said, the princess was thankful to the gods for the injury, for it gave her the moment she’s been dreaming of looking directly at Odum face who was busy applying olive oil on her burnt palm “aah” the princess showed pain. “Am sorry is the hands of a blacksmith always hard and rough upon a lady”, he tries to stop, princess told him, not to stop for she love this moment and will do anything for it not to end but unfortunately for her it already ended.
Odum stood up and help the princess, he walks towards the sword, hits it a little more, then deep it into the water for it to cool off, he handed it over to the princess, with it sheath the princess took it and sheath the sword.
What’s your name? she asked ‘Odum my lady” he answered “A fine name am princess…” she was interrupted by Odum whom competed her name that left her mouth slightly open out of amazement “Close your mouth, cause fly might enter, don’t be too surprise we all know your name, after all you’re our pretty princess” he said with a gentle look on his face having a perfect smile on his lips.
“My lady you better go cause it’s almost dark”, “yes my lord” the princess answered with a nice gesture, Odum was so surprise at what his ear heard “It isn’t right for you to call me that, am just a commoner” he said “I don’t want to argue about what I will call you” the princess said and left, she met Odum’s father at the entrance and they both greet
“Good evening papa”, Odum said to his father who is with two fat rabbit tied together and a hunting gun hung on his shoulder, which he supported with his other hand ,his machete was in its sheath with its rope tied around his waist. He saw how happy his son looks “I can see that you are happy in an exceptional way today.” Okoro said “Was I sad papa?” Odum asked without care of getting an answer in return cause he seem busy. “No but you have a look in your face” now he got Odum’s attention “what look papa?” now he expects an answer. A look that a man have, when he is touched by the love of his heart desire” Okoro said Odum giggles “what do you mean by that” he asked his father.
“I think you’re in love with the princess”. No am not,” he quickly denies it and surprise at his father’s intuition, his father came closer to him tapped is shoulder. “My son love is like a drop of purity and godliness, that at first you might not know what you feel, all you can tell is that it’s so real and genuine, you can’t give up the feeling or make it die not even when men forces you to, you just know that you will stop breathing the moment you let go.” Okoro said
With a big sigh Odum said “Papa you’re such a father” raising his eyebrows a bit “You came a little early, why?” Odum asked. “Yes I did, but why stay so late when my trap have already got this two.” He said raising the rabbit for Odum to see. “That’s great we thank the gods, am not done here so you can leave I will come home later.” He said to his father, “Ok I’ve heard, just come home early I will prepare a nice dinner for us” he said as he left
Okoro is a widower his son Odum is the only thing that keeps him going, and they’re so close, sharing a bond that can only be found in an identical twins. They know each other’s heart.
Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 6:42am On Jun 17, 2017
CHAPTER 3
By the time Anyanwu got home it’s a bit late, but upon that her father is having a meeting with the elders so the princess retired to her chamber and slept off, only seeing Odum in her dream.
When morning comes she wakes up only to see her father having a meeting again, so she has to wait until the meeting is over.
The princess had more time thinking about Odum. The meeting lasted more than she expected but she still isn’t worried she is happy for Odum’s memory is keeping her company.
The King is very busy running the affairs of the kingdom, but he’s not complaining , for when he accepted Kingship he also accepted the responsibilities.
The meeting with the elders finished by mid-day and Anyanwu gave him some time to rest before approaching him with the sword. The King is seated at the throne and Anyanwu presented the sword to him. As he drew the sword out of it’s sheath he was pleased with what he saw “this is the best sword I have come across in all my life, the blacksmith did a fine job”. He said.
“A splendid job if I may add”, she said, as she remembers Odum and how handsome he is, a smile came across her face.
After the King have looked at the sword closely enough “he won’t be a disappointed after all” he added. “I vote yes”, she said believing it to be true because she saw how devoted Odum is to his work.
The Queen Ugomma enters, she is a real icon of beauty during her days as a young maiden she was the aim of every young man to be her husband, the king got lucky not because of him being the prince or the authority he have, but because it was meant to be. “Good day my king” she greeted and sat beside the king “so what am I missing” she asked looking at the princess.
“Good day mother” the princess greeted her and she nodded in response. “You’re not missing much, it’s just the sword that I brought back from the blacksmith happens to be the best ever” being amazed the king asked “even better than Uzala’s?” starring at the king.
“Yes much better,” he answered, take a look, he represented it to her. She takes it “wow this is totally amazing, with no doubt it’s the finest sword in all of Odudu kingdom” the queen said. By the look on their face Anyanwu knew that they were both impressed.
“I need someone to fetch me the blacksmith at once” the King ordered his guard to call Ikoro, the town crier and also the King’s messenger, “I can fetch him father” said the princess for she finds it as an opportunity to look upon the face of the man of her heart desire.
Looking at the princess the King notices that his daughter is feeling somewhat strange but happy “No my dear I have something to discuss with you, let Ikoro do his job” Ikoro came in and took his order from the King and rushed off to bring Odum.
“I am listening” Anyanwu said to draw her father’s attention “Hmm, my dear daughter, you have met the blacksmith, what do you think of him? He asked the princess.
She looked at her father and mother, then looked outside, even though she has only met Odum for a short period but this was not too hard a question to answer, for it felt like she have known him for a lifetime. After a brief moment of silence she said “He is a man with the heart of a god, there is more to him than meet the eyes when he sets out to achieve his goal, he must achieve it, even if he has to work his feet and hand bloody he must achieve it” all this she said starring at the space with a smile on her face.
The King looks at his queen and they both smiled to each other knowing that this is a start of something new “So little time you have spent with him, so much you know about him” the King said to the princess.
In amazement “Oh…she clears her throat, am sorry if I have said anything wrong.”
“No, no not at all my dear, just the thing I wanted to hear about him, now go and get me water to drink”, her father requested of her and she leaves to get it.
“I think the boy have gotten into her”, he said to the queen “I pray so for her own sake, she has rejected many suitors, I just hope they feel the same way for each other” said the queen.
The princess entered with a cup of water handed over to the King he drank with joy, he took a deep breath after drinking and exhaled “I have to rest now, inform me when the blacksmith gets here” the King said heading to his chamber “yes my lord” the Queen answered standing as the King left, she seats down and turned to the princess and they both started discussing about the cloth to wear at the party of Agu’s victory.
Not quite long Odum came into the palace. He saw the queen with the princess sitting together, on seeing how beautiful the queen is he then knew where the princess beauty came from he bowed and greeted them both the Queen responded, and ordered the palace guard to call the King.
Odum was standing very nervous and anxious of what the King will say he became more uncomfortable as he noticed the princess eyes all over him.
As the King entered everybody bowed and greeted him, he responded on his throne facing Odum. “So it’s you that made such a marvelous job”. “Yes my King” Odum said with happiness that the King loved his work.
“Well congrats you did well, when the warrior returns take their broken and blunt sword, repair them”, it will be my honor to serve the King” Odum bowed as he said it. “You may go now”, “thank you your majesty” Odum bowed walked three steps backward turned and left.
“Where is the princess?” asked the King. As the Queen turned right to see her, she notice she is gone, she looked back at the King “she’s gone”. “Oh children of nowadays she left without a word or sound,” the King said and giggles.
Outside the palace compound, stood the princess waiting for Odum to come outside as Odum saw her shining so bright like a morning star, with a steady smile on her face that made Odum’s kneel numb and hearts beats faster as the princess gets closer.
“Imagine the brightness of this star that can be seen shining so bright in a day light Odum thought to himself.
“My lord it’s me again the princess, if I didn’t know better I’d say you were nervous back there,” she said to Odum with a wink, Odum giggles and looked down at his two feet. “I was just surprised, Odum raises his head again.
“Surprised, yeah I saw it, how did you see it? Odum asked the princess, expecting some answer “Hmm the eye is truly the window to the heart” she pointed at Odum’s heart “and I saw how you felt” answered the princess.
Odum was surprise at how the princess could see right through him “So are you my lady you’re just as transparent as me’. The Princess and Odum were having a good time and been happy with just a conversation with each other “if am transparent then what do you see?” she asked.
Odum came closer that the distance between the both is shorter than a foot. “You’re a princess whose smile can melt a stone heart, stop a war at an instance, whom you can’t afford to wrong, cause you can’t live with the guilt especially when you look into her eyes, the princess beauty is no match for any human being “the princess was surprised “so much we know about each other can we be friend” Odum smiled “not even a mad man can refuse you that offer”, he looked at the sky “my lady the sun is no longer in the sky, gently the day chameleons into night, I think I should be on my way home.
“Yes sure goodbye my lord, from the tone of the princess you will know she never wanted this conversation to end.
“Goodbye my lady” he leaves, the princess went back to the palace hundred times happier than a man in pursuit of power that have just been made King of the whole world.
Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 6:44am On Jun 17, 2017
CHAPTER 4

The cock has crowed, at the palace the warriors have already returned from war every each of them sitting, standing and talking about their victory. Oja was speaking on top of his voice as if he won the battle alone. Oja is taken as the second best warrior of Odudu kingdom and the first is Agu, who surpass Oja with great amount, both with skills, tactics, strength and strategy but looking at Oja you will think he is the best, he have a broad shoulder, tall, huge and dark while Agu is simple, not too tall or huge.
I killed hundred all by myself, I fought like a son that was begot by Amadioha himself Oja said gallivanting around, the warriors was so displeased at Oja’s because each and every one of them played their part.
Then Agu came to be with them and saw how Oja was boasting, he saw the dismay in the face of the warriors so he knew that someone have to caution Oja and that someone is him.
“Oja my friend we all are there and we played our parts” said Agu. “Truly we all had our parts played well, but not all played so well like myself” Oja said looking down at other warriors. “Be calm my friend for victory belongs to each and every one of us” Agu tries to make him understand. “Even to those that clean the dead bodies off the battlefield” Oja asked squeezing his face.
“Yes they’re brave amateur, they did their part well” he says this as he walks away from the warriors “wait up” Oja runs up after Agu. “So have you spoken to the princess since we returned, “he asked Agu. “Not really why did you ask” asked Agu she might be angry” Oja replied.
Agu stop looked at Oja who also stopped “Is it because I left for battle for the sake of our homeland” Agu asked Oja. And he gave him the real answer “No, because you left without saying goodbye”. They start walking again Agu giggles “Such words don’t exist in my life”. “Well that’s your life” Oja stops “I have to get back to the warriors” he said. “So that you can brag more” said Agu. Oja looked away him and smiled “you can say that”.
“This is no time to boast but to thanks the gods” Agu said. “I think that should be done by the king tonight at the party” Oja said to him. “Be caution of what you say strong friend” Agu warns him. “Agu no need of being cautious am just saying I fought like a god” Oja boasted.
“This is no time to boast all we have to do is thanks the gods for our victory, honor the dead, dine with the living, making love to our woman and pray for more victory” Agu tries to make Oja see reasons, for him not to be boastful, but it falls on deaf ears. “There is nothing honorable about the dead it is only the living that have the honor and respect” even Oja tries to make Agu reason with him.
Agu smiled, shock his head in disagreement. “If the dead were not there to play their parts you might be the replacement” he said to Oja. This word was like a sudden attack to Oja, he defends it with his own word “God forbid that, or less leaves the kingdom defenseless”.
Agu giggles knowing that if they continue this argument till tomorrow neither of them will weaver his own believe he decided to end it. “Enough talk for now, go back to the warriors and I will go see the princess” said Agu as they both head to different directions.
At the princess chamber she was with her friends and maidens, they were discussing on how the grand party will be tonight sharing their opinion on how to dress up, came in Agu, without saying it, but by the looks in his eyes they knew he’s about to have a private conversation with princess so they decided to give them private time and left. The princess was kind of sad about it she knew it was the right thing for the sake of Agu.
“Hey beautiful one” Agu says trying to put a smile at princess face but it’s not working so. He continued you haven’t asked about me nor have you come to see me since I returned from battle, I think that’s very much inhuman”.
Princess was angry at Agu’s words so she answered with a harsh voice “when you left for battle without saying goodbye…now that’s what I call inhuman” the princess gave him her point.
Agu knew he was wrong and asked for forgiveness which was accepted by the princess “So can you tell me what war is like” she asked curiously.
Agu was surprised at her question “War is not for women but for men” Agu answered. Princess looks at him with disappointment “many people see me as a woman, which physically I am but inside I am more” Agu laughed at what the princess said she even got angrier “Look either you tell me about the war or you forget our friendship” she said.
“Now you have given me an offer I can’t refuse in all my life” he stepped away from the princess and get closer to the window and continued. “Like the hunters the beast approaches, but this time it’s not made with saber, claws or fangs and fur, but knives, spears bows and arrows, as warriors we stood our stand, played our part, so did the gods that favoured us. We stood with honour, fought with integrity and won with the hunger to see home” he looks back at the princess with a smile. “As a leader what did you tell them before leaving for battle”, asked the princess.
Agu comes closer to Anyanwu, stares directly into her eyes he says “I said this, fiercely we have fought before, countless times we have gone to war and no one have we been defeated, yes I know, this enemy we fight now is greater, than others but see them as you have seen all those fallen ones, as a mortal they are. I can’t promise to bring you all home alive, but as leader I will bring you all home, dead, injured and alive, I will bring you all home.”
Princess was surprised at the words of Agu and also love it “Well said, I love it”, she turns away from Agu and walks a bit forward before turning again facing him “how many died” she asked.
“Well, many died” he answered as he walk closer to her “but there is still a hand full left, as we fought I felt their hearts beat faster, firstly I thought it was fear that grasp them, then later realized it was as the thought that they might never see home” he looks down with disappointment written all over his face he paused a while then continued “the battle was a bad sight for everyone, for two market days we didn’t rest, we bathed with dirt, fast as our food, blood was made water, blood flowed in the ground like little stream I pity the parents that won’t see their sons, the sons that won’t see their father and the wives that won’t see their husbands nor feel their warmth. War is nothing to write home about” he clears his throat looks up at the princess “I better stop here princess to avoid nightmare”.
“For me or for you” the princess asked being surprised. Agu giggles “for you of course” he answered. She squeezed her face and was disappointed on how Agu underestimated her “funny enough I don’t have sleepless nights” she makes it clear to Agu.
“So will I be your escort to the night’s party?” Agu asked her, I don’t have a choice that’s my father’s order” said the princess. “I better leave now and prepare for tonight” said Agu as he leaves the princess, the maidens enter to continue with their discussion.
Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2017
CHAPTER 5

At the palace Oja is now busy bullying a palace servant, just to make himself appear mighty. Agu is not there to stop him and other warriors are afraid of him so no one seem to do anything about it, and this side of the palace is far from the King’s chamber for him to notice what is going on, the princess chamber seems to be a bit close.
Odum enters and is not comfortable with what he saw he went forward and helps the servant out. “It’s enough, I think you’ve had your fun” he said to Oja. Oja looks at the other warrior and looks back at Odum with a disgusting look, “Who made you fearless that you can speak to me” Oja asked. “Fearless of you I am, but who made it so I have no idea” answered Odum.
“Your words are too strong and courageous, your voice strikes like a blazing arrow, I hope that goes also to your strength” Oja said as he strikes Odum with all his might Odum blocks it with his left hand and use the right hand between Oja’s legs and throw him down with his backs on the ground.
Agu arrives and saw what is happening, he seems happy at the humiliation Oja had, he also knew Oja won’t give up easily. “Now this is going to be a fight” he said. The whole warrior gathered together and gave Odum and Oja a sword to fight each other, the warriors were cheering for Oja.
The noise outside was heard by the princess “what’s going on outside” the princess asked the maids. Mma the senior maid rush into the room with a smile on her face she looks at the princess “the warriors are fighting each other” she said. “Who and who the princess asked” being surprised. “I think it’s the new blacksmith and Oja” Mma replied. “You mean Oja is fighting Odum” Anyanwu asked with her eyes wide open, she rushed outside without caring to get an answer to her question her maids follow her.
“Can you hear that, that’s my name they are shouting” said Oja “be careful warrior you need victory before fame” Odum replied. “I have both” Oja shouted as he strikes Odum targeting his head, Odum defended by moving a bit back, this made Oja lose balance since stroke with all his might but didn’t hit anything, then Odum came forward so fast that before Oja can even notice or regain his balance Odum have placed his sword on his neck. Then Oja knew he have no other choice than to accept defeat. “He is fast” Agu said to himself.
The princess was looking at what is happening. “Out of a little show of courage I fell deeply in love, now I know I can’t be saved from the claws of love” she thought to herself.
Odum looks at the direction of the princess at seeing her. They both stared at each other motionlessly until the disturbance from Oja.
“Wow I have to confess, you’re great, where did you learn?” Oja asked “Nowhere everywhere” Odum answered. Oja looking so confused “I don’t understand” he said. “Nowhere as I have no permanent place everywhere, that I practice anyplace I think is convenient” Odum makes it clear to him. “Since you already know me then who are you” Oja asked him “Am Odum the royal blacksmith” answered Odum. “What about Uzala?” Oja asked “retired” he replied. “Ok so you’re here to take the swords to the forge and repair it right” Oja asked again.” Yes” Odum replied and he seems to be tired of Oja’s question. Oja also noticed it so he decided to stop. “What you did was very brave, I admit my defeat” said Oja. “Thanks” Odum replied as he leaves to collect the swords.
Odum gets on with his work and was busy tying together the swords he collected to get to his forge when Agu approached him. “That was a good fight you put out there” Agu complimented him. Odum raised his head and saw him “Thanks am honoured”.
Agu saw that Odum is not aware of who he is, then he introduce himself “Am Agu the leader of the warriors” Odum was surprised for he never expected the famous Agu to be this polite to him this made him happy he made that sword for him “Am Odum the blacksmith.”
Agu was surprise at someone with those skills and move being a blacksmith “blacksmith?” he asked with disappointment in his in features. “Is that a problem?” Odum asked. “You see, someone like you need to be on the battle field fighting for their homeland, don’t get me wrong you’re a good swordsman imagine you and me fighting alongside together we will be undefeatable for the rest of our days as a warrior” said Agu.
Odum giggle, in his mind he knew that Agu was correct about his fighting skill, but Odum has different ideology “I think I fight for my Motherland by forging blade for the battle at least” he said.
Agu was disappointed again by the words of Odum “You’re more than that, when I saw you fight I saw something in you”.
Odum was curious to know what he saw “What did you see” Odum asked “I saw a beast in a cage waiting to be unleashed” Agu said.
Odum was surprised and a bit angry for being called a beast “Am no beast, besides I can’t ever stand the presence of blood” he was rudely interrupted by Agu as he was trying to defend himself. “See Odum that was a pretty fight you put up there even my men thinks so, we really need you at the battle field”.
Odum smiles “War is one brutal effect that when it takes place, people that survive either become blood thirsty or live to regret it either way, it’s no good thing” he said.
This time Agu partially agreed with him “Yes war is not a good thing, but sometimes it is only the way to ensure the safety of the people you love, we all regret it or become bloody that’s true, but it’s a sacrifice for better future”,, said Agu.
“If you continue to fight like this you will put hatred and revenge on the minds of our children then there will be no future” with these words Odum really landed a blow at Agu whom now have gone short of words.
“All I’m trying to say is that you are a better warrior than a blacksmith” said Agu. Odum giggles and knew Agu could only say that because he haven’t seen his work “Don’t be too sure about that, you might retrieve your words after tonight” he said.
“I doubt that but let me leave you to your work because I see no matter what I say I can’t win you over” Agu said leaving Odum alone after Odum finished he went off on his way home.
Not far from the palace the princess was alone, leaning on a tree, holding a flower hoping that Odum will soon pass, and truly he arrived.
“Next time if you want to lean on something I would give you my shoulder to lean on” he told the princess, he drops the tied sword he had and sat with the princess. The princess smiled and lean on him, so happy they were like a turtle dove.
“I knew you will be waiting here for me” Odum said, the princess looked up at him “how did you know” she asked, “Because we are friends”, Odum answered.
The princess smiled and knew inside her what she feel for Odum is far more greater than a friend, “I think to me you are more than a friend” she said.
Odum looked up at the sky, “without my consent I fell in love with you, sorry I can’t control it” he said as they both smiled.
“I wonder how tonight is going to be” the princess wondered “At first it might seem boring to you but later you will like it because I will keep you company once you step away from the high table” Odum said to her.
“How do you know she asked Odum still leaning on his shoulder “maybe because I’m clairvoyant” Odum answered. The princess smiled “And you, don’t be a warrior” said the princess, she said this because she knew that must have been what Agu was telling him to be. Odum seem surprise, he looked at the princess “Why did you say so” he asked. Anyanwu looked back at him “I know that’s what Agu want you to be, but think of me and don’t be” said Anyanwu.
“I won’t be my lady”, Odum stretches himself that is a sign that he is about to leave, the princess frowns her face and held on tight to him.
“My lady don’t be sad I have to leave to prepare some sword before tonight you know I work alone for now” he said but the princess didn’t care for all she care is to have this moment with Odum, but still Odum have to leave so she decided to let him go.
He stands up and carried the sword “We shall see tonight my lady”. “Yes my lord” they both bade each other farewell with a smile on their faces.
Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 6:49am On Jun 17, 2017
Now to get the full novel you can. Buy the ebook on okadabooks.com search for Red Rose by Okoh Udoka I will be happy if u buy it thanks
Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
https://okadabooks.com/user/Okohudoka That's the link for people interested
Re: Red Rose by Martinsvp1(m): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
What's. The cost of the ebook?
Re: Red Rose by kingokoh(m): 11:22am On Jul 29, 2017
#500 only

(1) (Reply)

Campus Story - Does Love Exist Episode 1 / Write, Edit & Publish Your Books / After Being Reborn, I Tortured The Vicious Sister-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.