Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? (4732 Views)

Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement / Taking The Buhari/Jubril Story Seriously By Abimbola Adelakun / Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Rossikki: 1:11pm On May 26, 2017
Why don't these people just be honest and call a spade a spade?

They simply want to seize the whole oil and gas income the country is currently sharing. If there was no oil and gas in that region...If for instance, the oil was in the west, and all the south grew was bananas and pawpaw, does anyone seriously think we would be seeing this secessionist agitation from Biafra? I seriously doubt it. And the hilarious thing is how Ipob tries to rope in the south-south into their scheme - no doubt because of their oil fields, since they have disdain for every other ethnicity, and so, should hate the south southerners too.... And the south south say "na...we're not in". Ipob considers the Efiks, Riverine people etc, "their brothers"..... Truth is, if you replaced those groups with "Afonjas", watch how quickly 'Afonjas' will become "their brothers". Success (and opportunity) has many friends (and 'brothers').

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by kingzizzy: 1:21pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:

They simply want to seize the whole oil and gas income the country is currently sharing. If there was no oil and gas in that region...If for instance, the oil was in the west, and all the south grew was bananas, does anyone seriously think we would be seeing this secessionist agitation from Biafra? I seriously doubt it. And the hilarious thing is how Ipob tries to rope in the south-south into their scheme - no doubt because of their oil fields, since they have disdain for every other ethnicity..... And the south south say "na...we're not in".

So what you are trying to say is that the unity of Nigeria is based on oil?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Rossikki: 1:23pm On May 26, 2017
kingzizzy:

Err. No. The disunity (as exemplified by the Biafra movement) is based on oil.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by simplycarro: 1:26pm On May 26, 2017
Please they should allow these people to carry their wahala go, even if they have to go with the oil in SS, we are tired of them honestly.

9 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Built2last: 1:26pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:
Err. No. The disunity (as exemplified by the Biafra movement) is based on oil.

Flip your suppositions and see that you are saying Nigeria is one because of oil and division is because of resource control.

Simply put. ..no oil, no Nigeria

18 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Foxflames: 1:31pm On May 26, 2017
Igbo land is bigger than the the present 5 Igbo states allocated unfairly. Of course when the talk for biafra becomes serious....joining biafra is optional for other ethnic groups.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Goahead(m): 1:31pm On May 26, 2017
If you really want to know what that is impelling the agitation, go to Aba and Onitsha and you'd see that we don't need oil. Mr unity hawker.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Rossikki: 1:39pm On May 26, 2017
Foxflames:
Igbo land is bigger than the the present 5 Igbo states allocated unfairly. Of course when the talk for biafra becomes serious....joining biafra is optional for other ethnic groups.
Really? If it is "optional", you can bet your bottom dollar the south south will say NO. Why should they want to share their oil with you? They will say no, and that would leave you landlocked, like Burundi, with a smaller resource base than comparable sized countries like Sierra Leone and Liberia.

13 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by ProjectNaija(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:

They simply want to seize the whole oil and gas income the country is currently sharing. If there was no oil and gas in that region...If for instance, the oil was in the west, and all the south grew was bananas and pawpaw, does anyone seriously think we would be seeing this secessionist agitation from Biafra? I seriously doubt it. And the hilarious thing is how Ipob tries to rope in the south-south into their scheme - no doubt because of their oil fields, since they have disdain for every other ethnicity..... And the south south say "na...we're not in". Ipob considers the Efiks, Riverine people etc, "their brothers"..... Truth is, if you replaced those groups with Yorubas, watch how quickly Yorubas will become "their brothers". Success (and opportunity) has many friends (and 'brothers').

Very good observation, the roguish hypocrites are actually trying the south south to join their delusional movement. Bunch of criminals.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by 2ruink(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:

They simply want to seize the whole oil and gas income the country is currently sharing. If there was no oil and gas in that region...If for instance, the oil was in the west, and all the south grew was bananas and pawpaw, does anyone seriously think we would be seeing this secessionist agitation from Biafra? I seriously doubt it. And the hilarious thing is how Ipob tries to rope in the south-south into their scheme - no doubt because of their oil fields, since they have disdain for every other ethnicity..... And the south south say "na...we're not in". Ipob considers the Efiks, Riverine people etc, "their brothers"..... Truth is, if you replaced those groups with Yorubas, watch how quickly Yorubas will become "their brothers". Success (and opportunity) has many friends (and 'brothers').

This Afanja has started having nightmare in day time.

Advice: reduce the quantity of weed u take daily. gringrin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by orisa37: 1:49pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:

It's about running away with the oil.

6 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Rossikki: 1:53pm On May 26, 2017
orisa37:

It's about running away with the oil.
Thank you very much. Let's just call a spade a spade, and stop all this nonsense about 'zoo' this and 'zoo' that. Motherfckers just wanna bail with the oil.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Arda1000(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:
Really? If it is "optional", you can bet your bottom dollar the south south will say NO. Why should they want to share their oil with you? They will say no, and that would leave you landlocked, like Burundi, with a smaller resource base than comparable sized countries like Sierra Leone and Liberia.
You Can As Well List Some Landlocked Smaller Countries That Are Far Better Than Nigeria.That Would Have Balanced Your Post If You Think Over Population Is What Makes A Country Great

13 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Rossikki: 2:04pm On May 26, 2017
Arda1000:
You Can As Well List Some Landlocked Smaller Countries That Are Far Better Than Nigeria.That Would Have Balanced Your Post If You Think Over Population Is What Makes A Country Great
Don't come in here comparing those tiny ass countries to Nigeria. It is far easier to arrange a country of 2 million people than one of 200 million.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Arda1000(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:
Don't come in here comparing those tiny ass countries to Nigeria. It is far easier to arrange a country of 2 million people than one of 200 million.
Bro With Tecnology Advancement Those Country Has Wiping 200 million people will be a week time case

6 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Amberon: 2:52pm On May 26, 2017
We already know. They can deny all they want but the truth is already too glaring for anyone to ignore.

But then the thing here is that Nigeria is not being run fairly, I can understand why the igbos want to leave Nigeria. The igbos are not the only ones fed up with Nigeria, I as an urhobo am fed up too and i just hope my people can unite and call for an end to this union. I hope my fellow Niger Deltans can realize that we deserve better and come together to actualize Niger Delta Republic instead of aligning with Biafra.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by evilyoruba: 2:53pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:
Why are you so concerned? What concerned you in all of these? Please mind your business...igbo has right to whatever they want....if Igbo come for your help just say no and don't get involved too....I hope I'm clear

8 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 26, 2017
Afonjas OP...why is Biafraa giving you people sleepless nights? Last I checked, Cross River, Idoma, Igede, Igala, Igbanke and many more Biafraan clans have no oil. So why are we going with these people if they have no oil, Afonja? Go get a life.

5 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by BlackTechnology: 2:56pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:

They simply want to seize the whole oil and gas income the country is currently sharing. If there was no oil and gas in that region...If for instance, the oil was in the west, and all the south grew was bananas and pawpaw, does anyone seriously think we would be seeing this secessionist agitation from Biafra? I seriously doubt it. And the hilarious thing is how Ipob tries to rope in the south-south into their scheme - no doubt because of their oil fields, since they have disdain for every other ethnicity, and so, should hate the south southerners too.... And the south south say "na...we're not in". Ipob considers the Efiks, Riverine people etc, "their brothers"..... Truth is, if you replaced those groups with "Afonjas", watch how quickly 'Afonjas' will become "their brothers". Success (and opportunity) has many friends (and 'brothers').

A typical jobless Afonja

11 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Rossikki: 3:03pm On May 26, 2017
Real2020:
Afonjas OP...why is Biafraa giving you people sleepless nights? Last I checked, Cross River, Idoma, Igede, Igala, Igbanke and many more Biafraan clans have no oil. So why are we going with these people if they have no oil, Afonja? Go get a life.
Stop trying to be smarter than your father. Those areas are within the resource-rich oil and gas belt. You cannot realistically exclude them even if their specific lands are not bulging with oil.

12 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Rossikki: 3:10pm On May 26, 2017
This whole Biafra of a thing makes me laugh. The idea that Nigeria will just sit back and allow the region that provides almost 90% of federal govt revenue to just SECEDE from the country is just...laughable. The FG will fight tooth and nail to prevent it, make no mistake. It's like Texas deciding they want to secede from the US, taking the whole US oil industry with them. An industry worth trillions of dollars. Washington will never allow it, if you like, carry placard from New York to Alaska.

11 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:

Is it ur land??.. Why are you complaining ..##ENVY go kill Una##

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Rossikki: 3:25pm On May 26, 2017
TribalistMod:

Is it ur land??.. Why are you complaining ..##ENVY go kill Una##
But it's not your land either. At least not the valuable part of it.

6 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:
that shouldn't be ur headache

6 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by Omofunaab2: 3:48pm On May 26, 2017
Op, The only geo political zone that can't stand alone is the south east, they know this, but they won't answer your question instead they will call you afonja. .

Why do you think most of them on nairaland denied that there was a fight between biogbolo youths and igbo traders in Bayelsa? Bro, it is because of "oyel " ..and do you think the south south people don't know this? Left with the south south they don't want to share their resources with anyone including Nigeria sef. .

Today south west can decide to secede and be on its own but can same be said of south east?

I have friends that are from delta, they have igbo names, i see them as igbos but they usually get annoyed whenever i call them "Omo Ibo " . Seriously i really don't understand why people in rivers and delta are denying their "igboness".. Why aren't they proud of being called igbos? Kwara is in north central, okun people are in kogi but you will never hear any of them say they are not yorubas.

I must also admit that i have met two or three people from delta that embraced their "igboness " but majority always claim they are not igbos

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by stonemasonn: 4:08pm On May 26, 2017
Omofunaab2:

I have friends that are from delta, they have igbo names, i see them as igbos but they usually get annoyed whenever i call them "Omo Ibo " . Seriously i really don't understand why people in rivers and delta are denying their "igboness".. Why aren't they proud of being called igbos? Kwara is in north central, okun people are in kogi but you will never hear any of them say they are not yorubas.

I must also admit that i have met two or three people from delta that embraced their "igboness " but majority always claim they are not igbos
the problem is within them.
Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by ItsTutsi(m): 4:20pm On May 26, 2017
No,what his trying to say is that the only reason SE is impeling the SS region is bcuz of oil even tho the elites from that region have rejected and distance themselves from their agitation,its not for any legit concern but an avenue to out number the SS and divert their oil wells,one is agitating for resource control while the other is campaigning secession..i dont know what their struggle have in common that the SE keep soliciting and lobbying the SS if not for any harmful intend
kingzizzy:

1 Like

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by omenkaLives(m): 4:22pm On May 26, 2017
Real2020:
This is the reason I insist these guys are sick upstairs.

Which Igede and Idoma?

What gives you people the impression we are interested in that nonsense?

Who did you consult before lumping them into that imaginary utopia?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by SlayerForever: 4:23pm On May 26, 2017
I bow to the stupidity of the Op,it is stuff of legends

4 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by biafraone: 4:27pm On May 26, 2017
OP your cheap attempt to label Biafra break away from Nigeria as a ploy to steal oil is quite laughable. Or perhaps is it an attempt to rub the one Nigeria crap on our face?

So you really care about the oil after all. Little wonder why you cronies are hell bent on frustrating the movement.

Quick questions for you and your irks.
1. Why did Biafra try to secede the first time?
2. Who and who were the front liners of the movement at that time?
3. What notable thing happened at Asaba Delta state (an assumed non Biafran territory)?
3. Why do you claim IPOB never made any noise when their brother (someone from Bayelsa) was at the helm of affairs?

If you ever want to discuss national issues as if affects everyone, bring superior arguments and not this idiocy.

It's only a matter of time before your dear nigeria crumbles.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by jkfugghhghjdd: 4:28pm On May 26, 2017
Rossikki:
This whole Biafra of a thing makes me laugh. The idea that Nigeria will just sit back and allow the region that provides almost 90% of federal govt revenue to just SECEDE from the country is just...laughable. The FG will fight tooth and nail to prevent it, make no mistake. It's like Texas deciding they want to secede from the US, taking the whole US oil industry with them. An industry worth trillions of dollars. Washington will never allow it, if you like, carry placard from New York to Miami.
This whole thread is making me laugh. Texas that you referenced was once part of Mexico before they seceded, became Republic of Texas and finally merged with the USA in 1845.

And no. Nobody wants to take your "Nigerian oyel", it's Nigeria that's the thief here.

The old Eastern Nigeria is older than Nigeria itself. There's nothing like Southsouth and Southeast before 1967.

So Whenever you finish from unity begging, you should wake up from your dreams. Biafra is here.

6 Likes

Re: Isn't The Biafra Agitation Really Just About Taking The Oil? by koropotopoto: 4:29pm On May 26, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
This is the reason I insist these guys are sick upstairs.

Which Igede and Idoma?

What gives you people the impression we are interested in that nonsense?

Who did you consult before lumping them into that imaginary utopia?
[/s]

shatap there and get out!
your opinion is irrelevant

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of Dolapo Osinbajo With Son Laolu Osinbajo Who Just Got Called To Bar / Likely Running Mate To Tinubu If He Picks APC Ticket / JUST IN: President Buhari Flexing Out Of His Hotel Room In New York (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.