Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? (576 Views)

See Throwback Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And His Daughters / Florida Pastor Caught Having Fun With Member's Daughters. Mum & Brother Faint / Photo Of Apostle Johnson Suleman And His Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2017
"Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof" (Genesis 19:8 ).

Why would Lot offer his daughters to the mob of men since it was a very bad thing to do? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by Nobody: 5:43am On May 27, 2017
His society must have thought very little of women.
Re: Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:19am On May 27, 2017
He must know that those guys outside were bloody homosexual, having known that gambling with his daughters is a sure win.

Throwing is daughters out, to me is just to buy himself time, so as to look for escape route for his guest.
Re: Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On May 30, 2017
Muafrika2:

His society must have thought very little of women.

But Lot was supposed to be a righteous man.
Re: Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:36pm On May 30, 2017
GoodMuyis:

He must know that those guys outside were bloody homosexual, having known that gambling with his daughters is a sure win.

Throwing is daughters out, to me is just to buy himself time, so as to look for escape route for his guest.

Good point, but don't you think it was a risky idea to feed those perverts with his daughters?
Re: Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:38pm On May 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Good point, but don't you think it was a risky idea to feed those perverts with his daughters?

Very risky . It was possible that not all of them were homosexuals . Because the practice was rampant does not mean all men indulged in it . Some of them could be bisexuals . Nevertheless , it was a huge gamble that paid off .
Re: Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30pm On May 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Very risky . It was possible that not all of them were homosexuals . Because the practice was rampant does not mean all men indulged in it . Some of them could be bisexuals . Nevertheless , it was a huge gamble that paid off .

Very risky indeed but could there be other reasons why he did it?
Re: Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by Nobody: 1:57am On May 31, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

But Lot was supposed to be a righteous man.
That's why it must have a cultural problem. He was living in So dom after all,
Re: Why Did Lot Give His Daughters To The Crowd Of Men? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:42am On Jun 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
"Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof" (Genesis 19:8 ).

Why would Lot offer his daughters to the mob of men since it was a very bad thing to do? undecided

Click on the link for clues.

https://carm.org/why-did-lot-give-his-daughters-crowd-men

(1) (Reply)

Amazing! What Seems To Look Like Feather Appeared On The Sky (photo) / British Prime Minister Theresa May Worshipped In RCCG UK Today / Pastor Says Jesus ‘whatsapped’ To Warn Him Against Saving Murdered Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.