Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat (2640 Views)

There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! / US Senate Has Passed The 'obama Health Care / Us Senate Okays Soldiers To Be Intimate With Horses! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
The most recent polls released today has Dem Coakley deadlocked with Rep Brown.

I wasn't going to bother about this election for two reasons:
1. No where else does your vote not matter than in massachusetts. Unlike our enlightened neighbors up in NH, the blue zombies almost always vote democrat.
2. I heard a short interview of Brown the rep candidate, dude was asked a very simple question about the budget - twice and the sucker could not give a straight answer.

I figured if this is all the reps have to offer, I'm better off staying home. But I watched the debate earlier this week, when asked a question (I forget now) he answers "with all due respect, this is not the kennedy seat, this is not the democrat seat, it's the people's seat". Lol, that response I think rocketed him up in the minds of countless viewers. I said to myself, looks like the sucker does have some teeth afterall.

I still think Coakley will win despite the tightness of the polls, if there's anything we are up here political-wise, it's predictable.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by TayoD1(m): 12:31am On Jan 16, 2010
@JeSoul,

You better mind yourself o. I bind that siddon look attitude in Jesus' name. Better go out there and vote for Brown before I disown you finally. Do you know how much fear of God will be instilled in those politicians in Washington if Brown can somehow pull this off? You got the power girl, go use it.

By the way, the latest poll shows that Brown is up by 4% against Coakley. All well and good because my money must not go to waste. If my memory serves me correctly, this will be the first time ever I will be making any financial donations to any political party or candidate. I sent $50 to the Tea Party Express in support of Brown. I understand the guy is raking in like $1 million/day.

Oh God of TayoD, JeSoul and (not sure if I should include pres-elect) cheesy, please here our humble prayer and give the people's seat back to the people. Put the pretenders and the good ol' boys club with the sense of entitlement to shame.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 12:46am On Jan 16, 2010
Tayo-D:

@JeSoul,

You better mind yourself o. I bind that siddon look attitude in Jesus' name. Better go out there and vote for Brown before I disown you finally. Do you know how much fear of God will be instilled in those politicians in Washington if Brown can somehow pull this off? You got the power girl, go use it.
  Uncle Tayo!  grin  I was just tired of the whole thing jare. 2 weeks ago I wasn't going to bother, but the debate really changed my mind. Brown doesn't seem so bad afterall. And now that the polls indicate mass zombies may be ready to break the cycle, it makes things more interesting.

By the way, the latest poll shows that Brown is up by 4% against Coakley. All well and good because my money must not go to waste. If my memory serves me correctly, this will be the first time ever I will be making any financial donations to any political party or candidate. I sent $50 to the Tea Party Express in support of Brown. I understand the guy is raking in like $1 million/day.
Lol. I heard he got donations from 40+ states, 40. I didn't know my uncle Tayo was among them  grin lol.

Oh God of TayoD, JeSoul and (not sure if I should include pres-elect) cheesy, please here our humble prayer and give the people's seat back to the people. Put the pretenders and the good ol' boys club with the sense of entitlement to shame.
Lol, I'm sure Prez can make an exception this time. Right Prez boy?
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 12:49am On Jan 16, 2010
Oh by the way, I got these in the mail yesterday and today when I got home from work.

Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 12:52am On Jan 16, 2010
the only part I was interested in was the bottom that reads: "If you need a ride to the polls please call 800-485-0444" though I live practically down the street from city hall, I may take them up on that offer  grin

Coakley is really pulling out all the stops and tricks. If Brown can pull this off, it will be an upset of upsets.

One more thing, Coakley's source for saying Brown will "ship jobs out" is there in the fineprint if you all can super zoom in to see it. Its the Umass students magazine grin a student magazine?

Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by NegroNtns(m): 3:36am On Jan 16, 2010
JeSoul, have you watched FOX lately?

. . .hold on, let me re-phrase the question. Have you seen what FOX is doing with Sarah Palin?

This week alone she has appeared on O'Reilly, Beck and Hannity. It was strategic!! Trust me. . .Palin has become what Gingrich was in the 1994 REpublican strategy, the KINGMAKER! She never needs to campaign for a candidate or explicitly endorse one, she only needs to show up on tv and speak the conservative code for communicating approval of a running politician and that would seal their fate.

She has repeatedly said she is watching the MA election and is proud of the TeaBaggers. That, . . .is the code! The spike in poll in favor of Brown is not isolated.

Anyone wanting to predict outcome of the election? Follow Palin!

On a separate issue, in another of your neighborhood state to the South. . .what do you think of Harrold Ford's hint to run against Gillibrand for the New York seat in Senate? He is a carpetbagger, not a teabagger. . .lmao! Now, there are light skinned folks that arre humble and do not allow the kind of political privilege and crowning Harry Reid recently praised on Obama to get in their head. . .they carry their person with humility and modesty. Not Harrold! Harrold Ford is the opposite of that, in fact. . .the mothrfkr goes around pimping his lightskin and fine hair to the plantation owner, so to speak! I hope he runs and I hope he loses as woeful as he did when he ran in Tennessee.

Don't forget. . .watch the polls but watch Palin.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by preselect(m): 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
Tayo-D:

dear brethren, you guys know that I worship the God of Abraham,Isaac,Jacob & Pres-Elect cheesy  . . if that is your God too, then we are on the same side religiously at least wink . . .

anyway, about the elections, not sure if i care anymore. but i know God says in the Bible when the guy given one talent failed to use it, it will be taken from him and given to another. God gave the democrats 60 senate votes and house control as well as white house, the bomboclaats used three months to discuss olympia snowe, after which they did not get her vote in december. so i dont know what else to say. if the democrats struggle for masachusettes, the bluest state . . . na wa o
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

JeSoul, have you watched FOX lately?

. . .hold on, let me re-phrase the question. Have you seen what FOX is doing with Sarah Palin?

This week alone she has appeared on O'Reilly, Beck and Hannity. It was strategic!! Trust me. . .Palin has become what Gingrich was in the 1994 REpublican strategy, the KINGMAKER! She never needs to campaign for a candidate or explicitly endorse one, she only needs to show up on tv and speak the conservative code for communicating approval of a running politician and that would seal their fate.

She has repeatedly said she is watching the MA election and is proud of the TeaBaggers. That, . . .is the code! The spike in poll in favor of Brown is not isolated.

Anyone wanting to predict outcome of the election? Follow Palin!
Hmm, interesting. I hadn't tied the timing of her appearance on Fox to the Senate race. You may very well be right it was all planned, and if it was, it is working! lol

I guess this is what the Liberals feared and hence all the efforts to discredit her.

On a separate issue, in another of your neighborhood state to the South. . .what do you think of Harrold Ford's hint to run against Gillibrand for the New York seat in Senate? He is a carpetbagger, not a teabagger. . .lmao! Now, there are light skinned folks that arre humble and do not allow the kind of political privilege and crowning Harry Reid recently praised on Obama to get in their head. . .they carry their person with humility and modesty. Not Harrold! Harrold Ford is the opposite of that, in fact. . .the mothrfkr goes around pimping his lightskin and fine hair to the plantation owner, so to speak! I hope he runs and I hope he loses as woeful as he did when he ran in Tennessee.

Don't forget. . .watch the polls but watch Palin.
I haven't really paid it much attention to be honest. Carpetbagger? lol if he indeed is milking his skin color for what its worth then that is indeed shameful.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 4:51pm On Jan 18, 2010
pres-elect:

dear brethren, you guys know that I worship the God of Abraham,Isaac,Jacob & Pres-Elect cheesy . . if that is your God too, then we are on the same side religiously at least wink . . .
That is my God oh! my only God grin

anyway, about the elections, not sure if i care anymore. but i know God says in the Bible when the guy given one talent failed to use it, it will be taken from him and given to another. God gave the democrats 60 senate votes and house control as well as white house, the bomboclaats used three months to discuss olympia snowe, after which they did not get her vote in december. so i dont know what else to say. if the democrats struggle for masachusettes, the bluest state . . . na wa o

I happen to think that the best scenario for democracy is to have[b] equal representation of both parties [/b] - not one having the majority. I think the best policies and legislation are those borne out of honest and genuine debate, collaboration and compromise - not a dictatorship of only one viewpoint.

So I do hope enough good democrats are left after the mid-elections to keep the leadership balanced.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2010
D-Day is here.

I heard an analyst say if Brown wins, there will be a collective peeing of pants by democrats around the country grin
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by 4Play(m): 8:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
The stock market is rallying on hopes of the Democrats losing.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by Uche2nna(m): 4:02am On Jan 20, 2010
4 Play:

The stock market is rallying on hopes of the Democrats losing.

And they got it. Scot Brown is now the Ma. Senator.

Is this a purview of what will happen in the mid-terms come November? Doesnt look good for health care and the Democrats.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by OgidiBoy(m): 4:22am On Jan 20, 2010
Can someone pls tell me what's going on, if the Dems can't even win in Mass a blue state then where else. cry
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by mazaje(m): 6:47am On Jan 20, 2010
Democrats might lose both the house and the senate in November am afraid. . . .Kennedy's seat going to a rethug? Hmmmmmm. . . . . . . .The tea party people are delirious at the moment. . . .
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by montelik(m): 8:45am On Jan 20, 2010
The Dems can't lose the senate, there aren't enough contested seats for the GOP to target. But this is the final blow in the myth of Obama as the "perfect politician", "the one", "the game changer". He has lost most of his bargaining power, so have speaker Pelosi and Reid. The fact is that many elected Democrats have been following Obama and Pelosi's agenda against public approval, believing that if they got into electoral trouble, Obama the "game changer" would campaign and support them and they would make it through. He the one who was turning red states blue and purple in 2008 would turn out the vote for them. Well not anymore, if he can't help in bluest of blue Massachusetts, then he can't help any where. Watch as numerous democrats in both houses start trying to put some distance between them, Obama and his agenda. Pelosi is going have a much more difficult time controlling not just the blue dog dems but even average democrats reps. We already saw the extent to which Harry Reid had to go get health care moved through the senate and Senators Nelson, Lincoln and Landrieu are still feeling the heat (or hate) for their part in it. Well Harry Reid's jobs has just become impossible if Obama persist with this approach. Republicans suffered in the 06 & 08 elections when they were led into elections by a then very unpopular president. Soon Obama's still positive personal poll numbers will start to erode if he doesn't change approach, once that happens, it will be good night and good luck for not just him in 2012, but the entire party.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by adconline(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2010
The problem is that Dems are a bunch of bookish liberals who might have read about politics, but dont really know how to play it. They forgot that the election was held last year. Bush and Karl Rove got anything they wanted with 51 votes while Dems with 60 votes were negotiating against each other. They alienated their base by trying to appeal to everyone. If Dems were energized they would have won the election MA since the ratio of DEMs to GOP is 3:1. They had all the time to pass some of these major legislations if they had taken into that someone was sitting on Kennedy's borrowed seat. Why did you spend all the energy on bipartisanship when you couldn't get any1 to endorse your stimulus bill? Dems helped Bush to pass TARP while they refused to vote for Obama's stimulus bill. It's either they were naive or delusional to think that they would have a bipartisan support. They hoped for a country that never was and never will be. Thanks to GOP and Independents for punishing these egghead liberalswho feel that politics is a choir practice where every1 is required to sing in consonant tunes.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by mazaje(m): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2010
The Dems deserve to LOOSE. . . .Imagine having 60 votes in the senate and a majority in the house and yet still unable to pass health care bill . . . .The same Obama that campaigned on the Change platform is now the same person that is ensuring that the status-quo remains for the special interest and lobbyist. . . .Where are the construction jobs promised from the stimulus bill? He campaigned as an anti war candidate only to escalate in Afghanistan a country where al qaeda has since left, how can you fight a terrorist new work with bases in over 20 countries by occupying Afghanistan? Where is the promised change? America is not ready for the kind of big and ambitious government take over that Obama is proposing. . . .
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
Even me I still can't believe it, massachusetts really did this? shocked for once I am proud of my state for choosing to make a statement. I am glad I was wrong.

Scott Brown best believe I will keep my eyes on every vote he casts in DC, he must not make me ashamed to show this picture to my future children grin my very own ballot from yesterday.

Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
well, the republicans got it.

surprise surprise
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by Uche2nna(m): 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2010
Now the obvious question now is which way forward for the democrats?

Unless they can persuade moderate republicans like Olympia Snow, the health care bill is as good as dead in the Senate. And if that happens, that means a lot of political capital down the drain. Something has to give
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by bawomolo(m): 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2010
JeSoul:

D-Day is here.

I heard an analyst say if Brown wins, there will be a collective peeing of pants by democrats around the country grin

smh, i'm not laughing angry angry
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by otawa: 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
The most recent polls released today has Dem Coakley deadlocked with Rep Brown.

what a waste of space!

who cares,
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2010
Uche2nna:

Now the obvious question now is which way forward for the democrats?

Unless they can persuade moderate republicans like Olympia Snow, the health care bill is as good as dead in the Senate. And if that happens, that means a lot of political capital down the drain. Something has to give ??
Isn't that what they've been trying to do the past few months?

The healthcare bill is already dead. It was killed months ago when all kinds of scary, disturbing details and rumors about its content hit the streets and people began storming townhalls in anger.

They should scrap this bill entirely, people do not understand it and therefore do not trust it and will hold their congressmen and women at gunvote point and demand they don't vote for it or else risk being kicked out in November. Democrats should try again before Obama's term is up in 2012 (assuming they still have the majority then) and next time be preemptive in getting their message out and not let 10 versions of a bill float around and confuse the entire nation, and especially not have rouge senators shamelessly saying how do we expect them to read the 1200 page bill.

And should the republicans come back into power in November, I would hope they would show the same fervor in trying to fix healthcare that they showed in trying to stop the Dems this time.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2010
bawomolo:

smh, i'm not laughing angry angry
grin common Bawo, admit its funny, "a collective peeing of pants" . . . I laugh everytime. Dems thought they were going to laugh all the way to the ballot, until a lowly truck driver from wrentham threw a wrench in the political machine and did the impossible even I didn't dare think 2 weeks ago.

I am happy because this brings back balance to mass and the senate. I've never liked one party rule be it local or national. Its best when we can find a way to collab and compromise instead of only one viewpoint prevailing.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by naijaway(m): 6:55am On Jan 21, 2010
American people can be pretty ignorant. The fact is that the healthcare needs an overhaul maybe not yet but in less than five years at this rate. Wise people try to convince them but they are more intrested in listening to pundits and ill wishers who want to see obama fail. People are so relaxed but claim there are no jobs even though much needs to be done; if you don't look for jobs, obama will not leave the white house affairs to fill out application for you or convince a business owner or human resources to hire someone they don't feel comfortable with. The truth is that the great USA we know is at a trying time in history not because of democrats but because either the majority of people are still down spiritually from the bush era drives or they are just plain lazy. Obama is trying to position the country in a more competitive manner by first cleaning up the dusted values and morals, then saving the banks, then saving an ever expanding hole called heath care, then education, jobs, etc Mumu people as usual are covered in ignorance.
Well, I trust the democrats to step up on other stuffs and put healthcare on the back burner but that is still too bad for the economy olodo people. Obama is the best thing USA will get in a while. It reminds me in part of when I watched lyndon johnson's presidency and his human rights fight, today america is saved from that vision because who knows blacks and other minorities could have been used by the soviets as spies and for internal disturbances. Same here in future you can go to the clinic without fear of ridicuolous amounts. They are not deceiving anybody, the trick is; whites are weary of obama, considerable number of whites hate him, then they convince the ignorant ones around them by capitalizing on their fears eg obama is going to spread the wealth which includes minorities and all sorts of lies. They see america as whites only country and forget they have a large minority that they don't whole heartedly include in the plans. Democrats need to step up, and obama is going to be favored by history. No president has emphasised education like obama especially with action not just words. China is coming at an ever lightening speed and obama doesn't want that to happen during his tenure. Is not about obama but a great person is a great person and obama in future will be regarded as one because he has goals that are for a better and ready future. cloakly didn't campaign like thatso why blame obama.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 21, 2010
what was Obama saying about going after companies that dont file their taxes properly sef.

he means business oh.

and no, I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic. It was on the news yesterday, that's all. The man doesnt seem fazed by what's going on.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by montelik(m): 8:04am On Jan 21, 2010
naijaway:

American people can be pretty ignorant. The fact is that the healthcare needs an overhaul maybe not yet but in less than five years at this rate.  Wise people try to convince them but they are more intrested in listening to pundits and ill wishers who want to see obama fail. People are so relaxed but claim there are no jobs even though much needs to be done; if you don't look for jobs, obama will not leave the white house affairs to fill out application for you or convince a business owner or human resources to hire someone they don't feel comfortable with.  The truth is that the great USA we know is at a trying time in history not because of democrats but because either the majority of people are still down spiritually from the bush era drives or they are just plain lazy.  Obama is trying to position the country in a more competitive manner by first cleaning up the dusted values and morals, then saving the banks, then saving an ever expanding hole called heath care, then education, jobs, etc  Mumu people as usual are covered in ignorance. 
  Well, I trust the democrats to step up on other stuffs and put healthcare on the back burner but that is still too bad for the economy olodo people. Obama is the best thing USA will get in a while. It reminds me in part of when I watched lyndon johnson's presidency and his human rights fight, today america is saved from that vision because who knows blacks and other minorities could have been used by the soviets as spies and for internal disturbances. Same here in future you can go to the clinic without fear of ridicuolous amounts. They are not deceiving anybody, the trick is; whites are weary of obama, considerable number of whites hate him, then they convince the ignorant ones around them by capitalizing on their fears eg obama is going to spread the wealth which includes minorities and all sorts of lies. They see america as whites only country and forget they have a large minority that they don't whole heartedly include in the plans.  Democrats need to step up, and obama is going to be favored by history. No president has emphasised education like obama especially with action not just words. China is coming at an ever lightening speed and obama doesn't want that to happen during his tenure.   Is not about obama but a great person is a great person and obama in future will be regarded as one     because he has goals that are for a better and ready future.  cloakly didn't campaign  like thatso why blame obama.

Thinking like yours is the reason why things look so bleak for Obama and Dems. Your type of thinking is the surest way for them to continue to fail and lose. So Obama is the only one with the answers and anyone who disagrees is doing so out of hatred, for political gain or racism. Wow. Okay just one thing. You say Obama doesn't want China to overtake the U.S. But then explain the rational behind the massive deficits and debts he is constantly compiling in just one year. This debts are being financed by guess who? China. This seems like a totally sound way to ensure the U.S surpasses China.I mean by increasing their level indebtedness to China, Obama is surely ensuring China will not pass the U.S in his tenure. /Sarc   grin grin
Fact is Obama doesn't have all the answer and should start listening to other people not ignoring them. This is what made Clinton a success.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by naliakar: 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2010
WELL: After the shock of the last few days. I am reassured of one thing: Massachusetts did not--after all--turn to Red from blue. Just Brown and I can live with that in Cambridge.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2010
montelik:

Thinking like yours is the reason why things look so bleak for Obama and Dems. Your type of thinking is the surest way for them to continue to fail and lose. So Obama is the only one with the answers and anyone who disagrees is doing so out hatred, for political gain or racism. Wow. Okay just one thing. You say Obama doesn't want China to overtake the U.S. But then explain the rational behind the massive deficits and debts he is constantly compiling in just one year. This debts are being financed by guess who? China. This seems like a totally sound way to ensure the U.S surpasses China.I mean by increasing the their level indebtedness to China, Obama is surely ensuring China will not pass the U.S in his tenure. /Sarc   grin grin
Fact is Obama doesn't have all the answer and should start listening to other people not ignoring them. This is what made Clinton a success.
May the good Lord, full of mercy and grace never cease to bless you for this answer  grin Some people just don't get it and cannot see past the floor since their faces are still buried in it worshipping at the Obama altar as if he can do no wrong and his every move is perfect. It is this kind of thinking that turns me so off from Obama and his fanatics even though he himself seems to be a decent guy.

@ Naijaway,
  Americans are suddenly ignorant because they disagree with the president on Healthcare . . . weren't they also ignorant when they voted the same guy in? People do want health reform - I want health reform. I have family members w/o healthcare now so this is more than just politics for me. What people don't want is 10 versions of a very confused jumbled bill, a bill which the same people trying to pass it have NOT read themselves. Why should the american people trust it? do you think we're all stoopid? or that we all worship every word and move of Obama along with obamabots?

and nobody is saying Republicans have the answer, no. They themselves are hugely responsible for the debt we're raking up in the wars. What the people want is simplicity, give us a bill we can understand and we will support it 100%.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
naliakar:

WELL: After the shock of the last few days. I am reassured of one thing: Massachusetts did not--after all--turn to Red from blue. Just Brown and I can live with that in Cambridge.
Naliakar you had me worried for a bit, I thought you had gone underground in the republic of cambridge grin I still cannot believe massachusetts just did this, massachusetts? and I heard Brown won kennedys hometown 2-1 shocked that tells me people really are mad.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by naijaway(m): 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2010
@jesoul and montelik, am not saying Obama has all the answers but the guy and his party sure have a brighter plan. Healthcare needs a thoughtful and careful approach but the reality is that many people against it are just too scared of even thinking outside the norm. The stuff is now diluted and might be more diluted because of short sightedness. Is like when minorities were not sharing the same restrooms, voting rights, restaurants and opportunities as whites, not because the whites were devils but because they couldn't envision outside the norm but it took lydon johnson to make it happen. It is somewhat the same thing here.
The whole point is that the lady did not campaign hard enough and in a bigger picture democrats have been slipping on many fronts due to comfort of being the majority and even the white house has been slipping on security eg white house crashers, mutallab etc. They are going to improve on this and nobody is worshipping obama even though am proud of him. He still got his head on his shoulders. Jesoul i hope you are part of the majority and have lots of opportunities because if you are not and keep saying WE as if , , i must remind you that you are on a long tin. Democrats are a very vast party unlike the republicans and even when the oyibos were ruling on the democrats platform they had to listen to varieties and still fairness was about 70 - 30 in favor of the norm; now u have a different flavor and background pres. and you expect things to remain the same. It is normal for him to raise the bar to atleast 51-49 or around that a little in favor of the norm.
The truth is that many american people underestimate china's development except those who cared to research very well. The gap is closing fast. If the democrats can control healthcare spending, they can then focus on other things because china will still need to revisit healthcare too. I don't feel like explaining and breaking suffs down from my observations and research but i think u guys should look at the big picture. I still stick to my word tho, history will favor obama on many fronts and this is just the beginning. It is not worship or lust, it is calling a spade a spade. Mind you, people luv to hate whenever they can or opportuned to.
Re: The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat by JeSoul(f): 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2010
naijaway:

@jesoul and montelik, am not saying Obama has all the answers but the guy and his party sure have a brighter plan.
Well if they indeed have a brighter plan we sure ain't seeing it. The whole healthcare fiasco has been characterized by confusion.

Healthcare needs a thoughtful and careful approach but the reality is that many people against it are just too scared of even thinking outside the norm. The stuff is now diluted and might be more diluted because of short sightedness. Is like when minorities were not sharing the same restrooms, voting rights, restaurants and opportunities as whites, not because the whites were devils but because they couldn't envision outside the norm but it took lydon johnson to make it happen. It is somewhat the same thing here.
  Comparing healthcare to civil rights is a bit of a stretch don't you think? Its not that people are afraid, they just don't understand what exactly is in the jumbled-up-which-version-are-they-on-now? bill. And when a top ranking dem member of congress comes out and brazenly and shamelessly declares how can we the populace expect them to read a 1200 page bill? what arrogance. So he himself does not even know what is in the bill he is selling to us? why should we buy it? we have "universal healthcare" in massachusetts, and it is a mess so we know first hand what can happen if things aren't planned well before jumping headfirst into it.

The whole point is that the lady did not campaign hard enough and in a bigger picture democrats have been slipping on many fronts due to comfort of being the majority and even the white house has been slipping on security eg white house crashers, mutallab etc. They are going to improve on this and nobody is worshipping obama even though am proud of him.
I actually agree Coakley got cocky and wasn't campagning until the last few weeks. But like Negro said on the other thread, the buck stops with Obama - the head of the democratic party.

He still got his head on his shoulders. Jesoul i hope you are part of the majority and have lots of opportunities because if you are not and keep saying WE as if , , i must remind you that you are on a long tin.
Lol, na wa oh. Anytime I dare to associate myself with "the american people" I get scolded  grin oga Naija, scroll up and see my ballot. I am very much Nigerian, I am also very much American and very proud of being both.

The truth is that many american people underestimate china's development except those who cared to research very well. The gap is closing fast. If the democrats can control healthcare spending, they can then focus on other things because china will still need to revisit healthcare too. I don't feel like explaining and breaking suffs down from my observations and research but i think u guys should look at the big picture. I still stick to my word tho, history will favor obama on many fronts and this is just the beginning. It is not worship or lust, it is calling a spade a spade. Mind you, people luv to hate whenever they can or opportuned to.
A very very big IF. The govt scarcely does a good job "controlling costs" of many fronts and healthcare will be no different.

I apologize for saying you worship Obama, I didn't mean any offense my brother. I certainly don't hate the guy, its his followers that freqeuntly refuse to think beyond anything he proposes and proceed to demonize anyone that does not join the bandwagon that I mostly have beef with. History might indeed end up on Obama's side, we won't know for a very long time. And since none of us have foresight, we can only go on what we see now, abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Politics Of Assassination In Rwanda. Behind The 'not So Perfect' Kigali / U.S Secret Service Scandal: PHOTOS Of The Alleged Hooker. . / The Magnificent African Cake: Scramble For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.