Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) (44827 Views)

23 Nigerians Jailed In France For Sex Trafficking / U.S. Pedophile Doctor Disgraced, Sentenced To 235 Years Imprisonment(Photos) / How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by mikkyjagga1(m): 10:57pm On May 26, 2017
you are very right my dear...in Australia Nigerians are known for the way they scam Australians...I was so ashamed when an elderly lady narrated how she was scammed of 48,000$ by a 26 years Nigerian boy about 10 years ago, her joy was that she helped put the boy behind bars on a 28 year sentence though i hope he has not bribed his way out, even the police refused to liquidate the plots of land and cars he bought with the money....Shane just dey catch me as she dey narrate how her frnds have been swindled by Nigerians....ThankGod she didn't judge me to be one of them, this guys are really spoiling our image in the international community!
[quite author=LaEvilIMiss post=56912598]

I fail to see the point here.. Nigerian SCAMS have been in the public face since the 0s with scamming penpals with postal orders.. it has been a well known crime specifically made phenomenal not only by Nigerians abroad but by Nigerians at home as well.. so what if it is a public forum.. the disgrace goes on all over the world where Nigeria is mentioned. the OP's post does not add a mile to the already negative media we are getting. Nigerian Online Fraud is far more popular than Boko-Haram and ISIS put together. it is so popular it has attained cult status in Western Movies.. i don't see why you would think this single post is doing far more damage than our inept and cruel corrupt politicians and her ignorant citizenry .. I don't see your point.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by biztip: 11:11pm On May 26, 2017
erico2k2:

nah BH worse pass, there can never be any xcuse for terrorism, ok haven said that, whats the relationship btw Bh and fraud?
classic example of stealing and corruption angry angry
so what's d relationship between fraud and abusing people from d southeast and southwest.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by erico2k2(m): 11:17pm On May 26, 2017
biztip:

so what's d relationship between fraud and abusing people from d southeast and southwest.
the south east and south west are know for drug trafficking and 419, this is fact, tell or name any other tribe in Nigeria that can match these two in the mentioned crime
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by ahahnow: 11:33pm On May 26, 2017
when will nigerian stop disgracing nigeria. is it every day we must be disgraced? should we turn nigerias name to disgrace?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 11:50pm On May 26, 2017
I only came to.check names...Its Afonja!

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 26, 2017
NAH THEM THE ACCOMMODATORS.. THEM WON GO ACCOMMODATE FOR USA. GOVERNMENT SHOULD BAN AMALA AND EWEDU CO'S IT'S KINDA INTOXICATING SOME PERSONS FROM THE WASTE-SIDE. AN ADVICE, PLS LEAVE SCAMMING HARD WORK FOREVER PAYS.

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Nobody: 12:43am On May 27, 2017
Hahahahahahahaha I love america! 235 years is 235 years no day and night. It it were to be the U.K, the maximum sentence they will get is 6 years and they will be out in 3 years. Lazy bones with big eyes for riches. Goodbye forever!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by toprealman: 2:19am On May 27, 2017
BoosBae:
235years just kukuma kill them undecided
They can be granted pardon at so e point.....whilst there is life....hope, etc.
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Drixxx(m): 2:52am On May 27, 2017
Well its still better than Nigeria prison Lol,Another definition of Hades

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by RaeMystix: 2:55am On May 27, 2017
SirShymexx:

Lmao @ "raught"? Or you mean "rot"?

I don't even think "raught" is a word but you pulled it off. I guess the Ibadan accent came through in written form. grin

Also, I don't think you read the article. They were extradited from South Africa. Perhaps that's why they threw everything at them.

Not suprised you seem to be available at any chance you get to correct me. I am proud of my Ibadan accent. # peace #

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 3:02am On May 27, 2017
banmee:

Is this your argument? That they did what they did is not in question so what is your point. Because they mentioned the nationality is now a problem for you. Should they have called them Ghanaians when they are not?
Dont mind them idìots. They are the ones always posting stuff about Kenyans Ghanaians south Africans .. any other nationality then say the most hateful stuff imaginable. Sometimes I wonder why God had to make me a Nigerian... I guess there are worse countries sha

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 3:03am On May 27, 2017
EncephalonPikin:
It seems the op intentionally searched for "crimes committed by Nigerians" online. See how he highlighted their names!

In the quest to make mockery of another tribe, you're actually disgracing the whole country as this is a public forum accessible to foreigners!

Are Nigerians the only ones that commit crime?

Its a bad thing already, why smearing it in our face always?
Excuse me but in case you havent noticed this country IS a disgrace
Nigerians may not be the only ones who commit crimes but Nigerians are the only ones who condone crime

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Kolawole81: 3:49am On May 27, 2017
God bless our hustlers abeg. If not for Yahoo we would have hard Civil War 17 by now. The money these guys earned were used to support families, create jobs. Even Nollywood was created not with government money but Yahoo money. INSTEAD OF YOU IDIOTS to blame the gov't you are here insulting those who 're trying yo help themselves. I almost went livid with RAGE who Lai Mohhamed talked about Nollywood employing 1 million Nigerians and contributing %20 to our GDP. Where was the Fed when Nollywood needed support. Abeg make we hear word. Yahoo boy this Yaoo boy that. NIGERIANS ARE THE GREATEST PRETENDRRS.I AM PROUD OF OUR YAHOO BOYS.

When $50 million in cash was discovered in a safety box. How many of you here said " I am embarrassed to be a Nigerian " Our beloeved former President opened a Committee to open an official Facebook account and was allocated N3 million.Una no talk. N2.5 Billion annual Aso Rock cooking allowance nko? We live in the richest country Africa has ever known. Our oil reserves of 39 Billion barrels is worth $6.2 trillion in today'sterms. We operate the most expensive federal system in Africa..in fact only the United States is mad enough to run such a system, they can afford it.Our senators earn 5 times what Obama earns in a year. How about our galkant trooos on the front lines. FIFTEEN BILLION DOLLARS meant for weapons procurement went missing yet...all these things no pain una reach. Yahoo boys wey dey hussle to better the life of their family you hypocrite a are here talking Crap. I am ashamed of you people. LOOK AT 2FACE....open mouth " we shall stage peaceful rally" bkabkabla,,, mouth. Nothing. Imagine if Naija guys were not entrepreneurial or hustlers...can you imagine 60 million Nigerians with nothing to do? They will pick up arms...we for worse pass Liberia. LOOK AT the North, if a quarter of their youth population did Yahoo or had something doing do you think that animal Shekau will be aback to recruit 30,000 jobless youths? If you all use the time and energy you spend in condemning Yahoo boys in condemning an protesting our leaders life for Don better. Bloody Hippocrites. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by mikkyjagga1(m): 4:36am On May 27, 2017
olodo
Kolawole81:
God bless our hustlers abeg. If not for Yahoo we would have hard Civil War 17 by now. The money these guys earned were used to support families, create jobs. Even Nollywood was created not with government money but Yahoo money. INSTEAD OF YOU IDIOTS to blame the gov't you are here insulting those who 're trying yo help themselves. I almost went livid with RAGE who Lai Mohhamed talked about Nollywood employing 1 million Nigerians and contributing %20 to our GDP. Where was the Fed when Nollywood needed support. Abeg make we hear word. Yahoo boy this Yaoo boy that. NIGERIANS ARE THE GREATEST PRETENDRRS.I AM PROUD OF OUR YAHOO BOYS.

When $50 million in cash was discovered in a safety box. How many of you here said " I am embarrassed to be a Nigerian " Our beloeved former President opened a Committee to open an official Facebook account and was allocated N3 million.Una no talk. N2.5 Billion annual Aso Rock cooking allowance nko? We live in the richest country Africa has ever known. Our oil reserves of 39 Billion barrels is worth $6.2 trillion in today'sterms. We operate the most expensive federal system in Africa..in fact only the United States is mad enough to run such a system, they can afford it.Our senators earn 5 times what Obama earns in a year. How about our galkant trooos on the front lines. FIFTEEN BILLION DOLLARS meant for weapons procurement went missing yet...all these things no pain una reach. Yahoo boys wey dey hussle to better the life of their family you hypocrite a are here talking Crap. I am ashamed of you people. LOOK AT 2FACE....open mouth " we shall stage peaceful rally" bkabkabla,,, mouth. Nothing. Imagine if Naija guys were not entrepreneurial or hustlers...can you imagine 60 million Nigerians with nothing to do? They will pick up arms...we for worse pass Liberia. LOOK AT the North, if a quarter of their youth population did Yahoo or had something doing do you think that animal Shekau will be aback to recruit 30,000 jobless youths? If you all use the time and energy you spend in condemning Yahoo boys in condemning an protesting our leaders life for Don better. Bloody Hippocrites. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by bameyi(m): 4:38am On May 27, 2017
Don't drop the soap guys lol . When man Dr clock in them dry roll big .. monkey don go market no come back. I think they refused to forfeit their scam loot the government decided to throw them the book. Hahaha.
Na this kind fools dry make my kin's folks ask man say weytin you dey do for America lol .
Guy man don fall for justice

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Nobody: 4:52am On May 27, 2017
racism at work...Even Big Meech that run worldwide drug dealing was sentence to like 35 years imprisonment..
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by ProsperUSA: 5:07am On May 27, 2017
You cannot get away with crime in USA.
You will be hunted down as criminal period.
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by sekem: 5:40am On May 27, 2017
I came to check names

I was HIGHLY disappointed
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by ogbonti: 6:13am On May 27, 2017
BoosBae:
235years just kukuma kill them undecided

Aww yes, technically their life is over already because they chose to commit a crime in a land where the law is strictly applied, not the zoo where $45 million appeared in an Ikoyi apartment from thin air.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by ogbonti: 6:15am On May 27, 2017
bameyi:
Don't drop the soap guys lol . When man Dr clock in them dry roll big .. monkey don go market no come back. I think they refused to forfeit their scam loot the government decided to throw them the book. Hahaha.
Na this kind fools dry make my kin's folks ask man say weytin you dey do for America lol .
Guy man don fall for justice

Exactly, these are the guys that make all my family members think I am too lazy in America... now egbe Don gas!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by ogbonti: 6:30am On May 27, 2017
mikkyjagga1:
you are very right my dear...in Australia Nigerians are known for the way they scam Australians...I was so ashamed when an elderly lady narrated how she was scammed of 48,000$ by a 26 years Nigerian boy about 10 years ago, her joy was that she helped put the boy behind bars on a 28 year sentence though i hope he has not bribed his way out, even the police refused to liquidate the plots of land and cars he bought with the money....Shane just dey catch me as she dey narrate how her frnds have been swindled by Nigerians....ThankGod she didn't judge me to be one of them, this guys are really spoiling our image in the international community!
[quite author=LaEvilIMiss post=56912598]

I fail to see the point here.. Nigerian SCAMS have been in the public face since the 0s with scamming penpals with postal orders.. it has been a well known crime specifically made phenomenal not only by Nigerians abroad but by Nigerians at home as well.. so what if it is a public forum.. the disgrace goes on all over the world where Nigeria is mentioned. the OP's post does not add a mile to the already negative media we are getting. Nigerian Online Fraud is far more popular than Boko-Haram and ISIS put together. it is so popular it has attained cult status in Western Movies.. i don't see why you would think this single post is doing far more damage than our inept and cruel corrupt politicians and her ignorant citizenry .. I don't see your point.

Let's no complain without suggesting solutions. What is making Nigerians go into crime ? It's our culture, of wealth without work, and no one trying to question anyone's integrity in the face of sudden wealth, no punishment as a deterrent for private or public white collar crimes and the traditional institutions that shamelessly celebrate certified criminals. THIS IS WHY NIGERIANS ARE BRINGING DISGRACE TO NIGERIA. Everyman is a product of his society' culture.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Nobody: 6:59am On May 27, 2017
Yorubas are sophisticated, that's why they are good with fraud grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by wyqay: 7:30am On May 27, 2017
79 years each
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by orjaha(m): 7:54am On May 27, 2017
each of them will have 78.4years in prison. save journey, hard work pay
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by RedboneSmith(m): 8:05am On May 27, 2017
I don't know anything about American Law, but those seem like very lengthy terms for non-violent crimes.
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Revolva(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2017
Kolawole81:

bro you correct

they dont know that these are the hustlers that made nollywood grow ...that made and supported most of our musicians and spice events....
is it not Hushpuppi that gave a new foundation good money to help them feed hungry people...look hustle is hustle....risk is everything in life

these are the people who sacrifice for us....i respect them....again people de collect they go....wire wire....happening oya come and catch dem ...i laff....dating scam is easy to catch....but wire wire...is hard....
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by ihatesycophant(m): 8:14am On May 27, 2017
This sentence is too soft, another government may come and release them. They should have put them on firing squad. Image denters and lazy individuals that want to reap where they didn't sow. Let them rot to die.
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by marisdgreat(f): 9:27am On May 27, 2017
I pray they should arrest the guy that[code][/code] scammed me.
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by rickyponting504(m): 9:42am On May 27, 2017
wonder what time of country we in with bunch of old fools as leaders..... swindling and embezzling money and allocations meant to better the life's of many...... Omo if no be for G many for done die....... street still taking over..... f. a. mf
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Iceberg3: 10:38am On May 27, 2017
EncephalonPikin:
It seems the op intentionally searched for "crimes committed by Nigerians" online. See how he highlighted their names!

In the quest to make mockery of another tribe, you're actually disgracing the whole country as this is a public forum accessible to foreigners!

Are Nigerians the only ones that commit crime?

Its a bad thing already, why smearing it in our face always?

where have u been when ipob threads litter the forum? Ur Hypocritism stinks
Re: 3 Nigerians Jailed 235 years In America For Internet Dating Scam ( Photos) by Iceberg3: 10:45am On May 27, 2017
After cone heads will start shouting flat heads, how come their heads flat there? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

1 Dead In Jos Reprisal Cult Clash (Graphic Photos) / Student Electrocuted While Swearing With Utility Pole’s Steel Rod (photos) / Man Allegedly Defiles His Daughter, Son And Wife's Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.