Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers (4899 Views)

Blogging:welcome All New Bloggers / Give Back To The Community- Help New Bloggers / 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by MrTechy(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2017
No doubt the blogging sphere is saturated, as everyday new blogs emerge with different niche.
So to help you avoid wasting hours building a site that will never make any difference in the blogsphere or add a dime to your bank account, today I’ll be sharing with you
5 Profitable less-Saturated Niche of 2017

The worst mistake you can ever make as an upcoming blogger is choosing a wrong niche, choosing a niche you don't have passion for is one mistake i will advice upcoming bloggers not to make. People choose wrong niche for obvious reasons, becuase Linda Ikeji is making it in the entertainment niche and bought herself a mansion in lekki, you feel it must be entertainment or nothing else, it dosn't work that way.

There are high paying and less saturated niche you can make good money from which am about to share with you. Stay clued!

What is niche

Incase you're not familiar with the term.
According to Wiki, niche is denoting or relating to products, services, or interests that appeal to a small, specialized section of the population. Now let's narrow this term to blogging, i could simply say. It's a particular products or services an individual or group choose to engage in or offer the populace, let's take for example Ogbonge blog is based on tech and HOW TO's.

With a less saturated niche you stand a better chance of making it as a blogger in that niche, i can't go into the entertainment niche and expect to beat down those that have been there before me, example linda ikeji has been blogging for almost 11years now and her blog is all about entertainment, she holds 50% of all the people looking for entertainment news, gossip. You can't just come and take that away with your new blog, though possible, but is not going to be easy.

The world is mobilize, everybody is looking for so many information online as a smart blogger or thinker what you do is take advantage of this, provide readers with those information they can't find.
Now the question is[b]"Can i blog on a niche i know nothing about"?[/b] and the answer is YES! Only if you're a quick learner, and also ready to learn (more on this if permited)

5 Less Saturated Niche of 2017 for New Bloggers

1. Health
Health is one less saturated niche a new blogger can venture into as long as you have knowledge of this niche,
Everyday millions of people use google to search for health related topics and remedis to illness. You can take this advantage, by providing tips, cause and remedis to some unserious diseases. I have a friend who is in this niche when he started he had no much knowledge about health but now his an expert also a medical student.

Monitize with
* Affiliate
* Sell health products
* Google Adsense

2[b]Religion[/b]
Are you a religious type? Make a living with the knowlege of your religion, share knowledge to readers, debate various religious topic, also ask your reader to share their religious views.
This niche is always underated or avoided but you can make it with this niche.

Monitize with
* Google Adsense
* Affiliate

3. How to travel abroad LOL! for obvious reasons, many Nigerians are desperately seeking to travel abroad for a better living, with other motives. You’ll quickly attract hundreds to thousands of these fellows by sharing information that will be of help to them.
Share tips on how to secure overseas scholarships, how to secure a visa, how to choose the best places to be, the advantage of traveling abroad and so on, you'll be amaze at how users will keep coming and with that you can make money.

Monitize with
* Affiliate marketing
* Advertising space
* Google Adsense etc.

4[b]Beauty tips[/b]
I know what you're thinking as a guy, "it's for the ladies" it's for the ladies as much as it's for the men, let me prove you wrong.

Search google for beauty tips you see that majority of those blogs are own by male's, though we also have the female's. Again it's for the ladies as much as it's for the men.
You can post beauty tips, mantainance, makeup tools etc don't se supries if all of your reader are female's *wink*

Monitize with
* Google adsense
* Affiliates ( cosmeticsales.com and Beautyplus.com )
* Sell beauty products

5[b]Cooking Tips[/b]
This happen to be the last but can never be the least. You can simply write about food types, how to cook various nigeria dishes, foods to eat for good health, share some good cooking utinsils you have use or have good reviews on i could personally write on a topic like "10 Must Know Nigeria Dishes" sounds great right? Yeah

Monitize with
* Google adsense
* Affiliates
* Sponsored Reviews

source: http://1960tech.com.ng/5-less-saturated-niche-2017-new-bloggers/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by PulseWeb: 6:28pm On May 26, 2017
okk.... But there are other ways to monitise than Adsense. Nigerians has made Adsense look like a goldmine when it's not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:29pm On May 26, 2017
Good, traffic is key to successful blogging and content..
I blog at (check my signature).
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by ipreach: 7:15am On May 27, 2017
Yes, that is why i ventured into Religion niche and by God's grace, I making it gradually
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by ijebuloaded(m): 7:20am On May 27, 2017
okay ooo

How To Make Money On The Internet (Free Guide) - Zero Scam,100% Legit .. Tutorials on Fiverr , SEO etc

Click Here
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by edidiongmichael(m): 7:21am On May 27, 2017
Okay.. We have seen it? So what should we do? Fry beans?
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by ignis: 7:22am On May 27, 2017
Nice one
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by JeffreyJames(m): 7:30am On May 27, 2017
I'm surprised you didn't add food.....that is one niche that is really lucrative but less saturated in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by kayjee101: 7:39am On May 27, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]impressive
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Nobody: 7:43am On May 27, 2017
have you tried vlogging?
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Adieza(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2017
What of agriculture? Check my signature for my blog url
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by MrTechy(m): 7:51am On May 27, 2017
ipreach:
Yes, that is why i ventured into Religion niche and by God's grace, I making it gradually
yeah, that niche has been neglected, but believe me with seriousness you can make it
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by MrTechy(m): 7:53am On May 27, 2017
Adieza:
What of agriculture?
Check my signature for my blog url
oh yeah... Thats a good untapped niche too
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by AreaFada2: 8:20am On May 27, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by ipreach: 8:20am On May 27, 2017
MrTechy:
yeah, that niche has been neglected, but believe me with seriousness you can make it

When I started my blog in 2014, many of my friends in the industry laughed at me, not reverse is the case because, they have beginning to see the dividend of the niche.

I am really enjoying my RELIGION niche
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by webincomeplus(m): 8:24am On May 27, 2017
JeffreyJames:
I'm surprised you didn't add food.....that is one niche that is really lucrative but less saturated in Nigeria.
Who told you it's less saturated? Google something like "how to cook Nigerian fried rice" and see the number of Nigerian food blogs that would pop up in the results.

1 Like

Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by webincomeplus(m): 8:26am On May 27, 2017
While it's true that these niches are less saturated, it's not because Nigerians are not smart enough to find them. It's because only experts in those fields can excel at blogging on those topics (except for religion, which anyone can claim expertise at and not get busted).

My analysis of the niches

As for the health niche, it's hard to make headway in Nigeria because whenever most Nigerians search the web for information about most ailments, the results pages are dominated by monster health sites like WebMD, MayoClinic, WikiPedia, Medline, etc. And it's almost impossible for any new blog to topple those sites in search engines. Competing with them is like creating a new search engine to compete with Google or a new social media platform to compete with Facebook (something even Google couldn't achieve!)

The natural/alternative health niche is a bit less competitive, but that doesn't mean you have a smooth sail. Even here in Nigeria where you might attract people looking for local herbal/alternative solutions to embarrasing health problems like obesity, fibroids, infertility, etc, you'll have a hard time convincing them to buy whatever you try to sell. People have read and tried all sorts of things. So, what they want is live proofs that your so-called products would solve their problems. And you might not be able to provide such. More importantly, people are more comfortable taking health advice and tips from a qualified medical doctor, not a self-acclaimed "Professor of alternative therapy". And most Nigerian doctors have no time to blog.

As for traveling abroad, that's another area where people are very, very careful. No one wants to be scammed. So, they will only trust anyone whose blog posts really reek of expertise and years of expertise. And only seasoned travel agents can fit well into that. There's more to this niche than just going to embassy websites and scraping generic information from there. Peopl will bombard you with all sorts of questions like "How can I get my visa request approved?", "I want to apply for a Canadian student visa, how much do I need for the whole process?". These are questions that only real experts can answer. Such experts are very few in Nigeria, and that status isn't one that can easily be faked.

Someone talked about agriculture. Same applies. People are tired of reading the same old information like "To start a cassava farm, you need a piece of land, a hoe and a cutlass". It goes beyond going to other blogs and rewriting their content. It involves research. Serious research. You need to provide information like current prices of required materials, places in major Nigerians cities where quality breeds can be acquired, smart ways to get buyers after harvest, how sales projections are made, and so on. So, this is for people who are really into agriculture business for years.

Still on agriculture, the only realistic way to blog on it, even for real experts, is to focus on your one area that you've mastered really well. If you're a cassava farmer, blog only about cassava farming. If you try to set up a general agriculture blog that talks about all forms of agriculture, you'll end up providing shallow information that nobody would appreciate. However, it's not unrealistic, a smart way is to interview farmers who are experienced in different aspects of farming, and publish the interviews on your blog. Even at that, your information is unlikely to be of higher quality than that of a blog focused on only one area of agriculture and owned by an expert in that area. Unfortunately, such experts create one-page websites with e-book sales pages!

So, in all, it's not about finding a less competitive niche. It's about having what it really takes to compete and stand out in that niche. Are you surprised that almost every Nigerian blogger is a tech or entertainment blogger? That's because you don't need expertise to rewrite or copy/paste information that readers would still be satisfied with.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by JeffreyJames(m): 8:28am On May 27, 2017
webincomeplus:

Who told you it's less saturated? Google something like "how to cook Nigerian fried rice" and see the number of Nigerian food blogs that would pop up in the results.

But it's not as many as other niches na lol
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by MrTechy(m): 8:30am On May 27, 2017
webincomeplus:

boss i sight u
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Nobody: 8:40am On May 27, 2017
God have mercy..

1 Like

Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by akinbabson(m): 8:54am On May 27, 2017
ipreach:

When I started my blog in 2014, many of my friends in the industry laughed at me, not reverse is the case because, they have beginning to see the dividend of the niche.

I am really enjoying my RELIGION niche

please can you put me through on Google adsense. I have a blog but don't know how to work around it.
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by ipreach: 9:17am On May 27, 2017
akinbabson:

please can you put me through on Google adsense. I have a blog but don't know how to work around it.

what do you want to learn on AdSense?
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Nobody: 9:20am On May 27, 2017
What of Ogbanje niche...lol
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Malcolmx12: 9:28am On May 27, 2017
malcolmx12..com my new travel blog. Still work in progress.
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Britishcoins(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2017
This is all u need to do to get ur blog approved by Google Adsense http://www.dailyinfo.ga/2017/04/fastest-trick-to-get-your-blog-approved.html
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Drabrah(m): 12:01pm On May 27, 2017
MrTechy:
No doubt the blogging sphere is saturated, as everyday new blogs emerge with different niche.
So to help you avoid wasting hours building a site that will never make any difference in the blogsphere or add a dime to your bank account, today I’ll be sharing with you
5 Profitable less-Saturated Niche of 2017

The worst mistake you can ever make as an upcoming blogger is choosing a wrong niche, choosing a niche you don't have passion for is one mistake i will advice upcoming bloggers not to make. People choose wrong niche for obvious reasons, becuase Linda Ikeji is making it in the entertainment niche and bought herself a mansion in lekki, you feel it must be entertainment or nothing else, it dosn't work that way.

There are high paying and less saturated niche you can make good money from which am about to share with you. Stay clued!

What is niche

Incase you're not familiar with the term.
According to Wiki, niche is denoting or relating to products, services, or interests that appeal to a small, specialized section of the population. Now let's narrow this term to blogging, i could simply say. It's a particular products or services an individual or group choose to engage in or offer the populace, let's take for example Ogbonge blog is based on tech and HOW TO's.

With a less saturated niche you stand a better chance of making it as a blogger in that niche, i can't go into the entertainment niche and expect to beat down those that have been there before me, example linda ikeji has been blogging for almost 11years now and her blog is all about entertainment, she holds 50% of all the people looking for entertainment news, gossip. You can't just come and take that away with your new blog, though possible, but is not going to be easy.

The world is mobilize, everybody is looking for so many information online as a smart blogger or thinker what you do is take advantage of this, provide readers with those information they can't find.
Now the question is[b]"Can i blog on a niche i know nothing about"?[/b] and the answer is YES! Only if you're a quick learner, and also ready to learn (more on this if permited)

5 Less Saturated Niche of 2017 for New Bloggers

1. Health
Health is one less saturated niche a new blogger can venture into as long as you have knowledge of this niche,
Everyday millions of people use google to search for health related topics and remedis to illness. You can take this advantage, by providing tips, cause and remedis to some unserious diseases. I have a friend who is in this niche when he started he had no much knowledge about health but now his an expert also a medical student.

Monitize with
* Affiliate
* Sell health products
* Google Adsense

2[b]Religion[/b]
Are you a religious type? Make a living with the knowlege of your religion, share knowledge to readers, debate various religious topic, also ask your reader to share their religious views.
This niche is always underated or avoided but you can make it with this niche.

Monitize with
* Google Adsense
* Affiliate

3. How to travel abroad LOL! for obvious reasons, many Nigerians are desperately seeking to travel abroad for a better living, with other motives. You’ll quickly attract hundreds to thousands of these fellows by sharing information that will be of help to them.
Share tips on how to secure overseas scholarships, how to secure a visa, how to choose the best places to be, the advantage of traveling abroad and so on, you'll be amaze at how users will keep coming and with that you can make money.

Monitize with
* Affiliate marketing
* Advertising space
* Google Adsense etc.

4[b]Beauty tips[/b]
I know what you're thinking as a guy, "it's for the ladies" it's for the ladies as much as it's for the men, let me prove you wrong.

Search google for beauty tips you see that majority of those blogs are own by male's, though we also have the female's. Again it's for the ladies as much as it's for the men.
You can post beauty tips, mantainance, makeup tools etc don't se supries if all of your reader are female's *wink*

Monitize with
* Google adsense
* Affiliates ( cosmeticsales.com and Beautyplus.com )
* Sell beauty products

5[b]Cooking Tips[/b]
This happen to be the last but can never be the least. You can simply write about food types, how to cook various nigeria dishes, foods to eat for good health, share some good cooking utinsils you have use or have good reviews on i could personally write on a topic like "10 Must Know Nigeria Dishes" sounds great right? Yeah

Monitize with
* Google adsense
* Affiliates
* Sponsored Reviews

source: http://1960tech.com.ng/5-less-saturated-niche-2017-new-bloggers/

Pls which platform ll u recommend?
Blogger or WordPress?
Txs
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by micholo123(m): 1:28pm On May 27, 2017
@ op, can you shed more light on sponsored review?
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by MrTechy(m): 1:43pm On May 27, 2017
Drabrah:

Pls which platform ll u recommend?
Blogger or WordPress?
Txs

i will recommend Wordpress anyday anytime
but blogger is not bad
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by PoshOmoking: 2:15pm On May 27, 2017
Please guys.. Can I get an Adsense approval without buying a custom domain?..
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 27, 2017
smiley
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by MrTechy(m): 6:33pm On May 27, 2017
PoshOmoking:
Please guys.. Can I get an Adsense approval without buying a custom domain?..

bro not possible oh... You most have a custom domain.

Should incase u need any help for free contact me upper10@naij.com
http://www.1960tech.com.ng
Re: 5 Less Saturated Niche Of 2017 For New Bloggers by Drabrah(m): 7:13pm On May 27, 2017
MrTechy:

i will recommend Wordpress anyday anytime
but blogger is not bad

Txs Bro. I've created a site wt Blogger b4 (though I didn't monetise it) buh I've never tried WordPress. Wanna start afresh & wanna monetise it this time around. Going thru write ups comparing both leaves me more confused in d end as I can't pick any major advantage of 1 over d other.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Will I Pay For 10,000 Facebook Fanpage Likes? I Really Need It. / 10 Non-financial Reasons Why Tech Startups Can Fail In 2019. / Is It Possible To Have 2 Adsense Account Code Displayed On A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.