Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan (58049 Views)

Masturbation Deprives Him Of Great Reward During This Ramadan. Refrain Too! / How To Complete The Qur'an This Ramadan / Beautiful Hijab Styles To Try This Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Amberon: 4:47pm On May 27, 2017
Selling alcohol is not worse than bombing people.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Talkingboy: 4:47pm On May 27, 2017
Princeadebayo11:
I am a pure Muslim, but the fact is that I work in a hotel and I am in charge of bar I.e I sell alcoholic drinks and I don't have any means Of surviving if I should leave this job because of Ramadan. please hope my Fasting would still be accepted if I should be fasting while serving alcohol to customers

Alhamdullilah that you have come out to talk...

Praise be to Allaah.

It is haraam to drink alcohol or to sell it, carry it or help with it in any way whatsoever, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), and gambling, and Al‑Ansaab (stone altars for sacrifices to idols etc), and Al‑Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s (Satan’s) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful”

[al-Maa’idah 5:90]

(Culled form Islamqa)

Please note Sir , You are not only forbidden to sell alchol in Ramadan alone, youre not to sell it every other month too.

Ignore people that will say "Shey u get Job for am Ni? Na u go give am another Job? For this recession ?

You have to leave the job asap and strive hard to get another halal job , putting ur trust in Allah, Allah is sufficient for you.

May Allaah help us all to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

And Allaah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Deejay1000(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2017
LOL247:
Quit the Job!!!

The Prophet SAW said: “Allah has cursed Khamr (intoxicants – alcohol, wine etc.), the one who drinks [/b]it, the one who [b]pours [/b]it for others, the one who [b]sells [/b]it, the one who [b]buys [/b]it, the one who [b]makes it, the one who it is[b] made for[/b], the one who carries it, the one who it is[b] carried to[/b] and the one who[b] consumes the money[/b] from its sale.”

it's easy to say ma'am than doing it

1 Like

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by factwriter(m): 4:51pm On May 27, 2017
olaztek:
Selling alcoholic drinks does not make u a pure muslim especially in this blessed month. When u leave something bad for Allah sake, Allah will reward u with something else much better. Its just a matter of taqwa and patience.

I would like to agree with this person I quoted above..

Imagine your boss suddenly has reasons to close down the hotel, what would you do?

You will then "still" turn to Allah to provide sufficiency for you. So why not stop for (genuinely) for his sake.

Your heart may be pure (as
you presumed) but one or some of your past actions (obstinacy) may have landed you into the alcohol selling job, meaning it wasn't even God's plan for you. Meaning even with your (presumed pure heart) you will be held accountable for your trading services over intoxicants.

May Allah make your affairs easy for you (and me too).
Ramadhan Kareem.

4 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by olapluto(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2017
emmalexabl:

No matter the amount he is paid., thats what he survives on.
Asking him to quit his job for this kind buhari recession is very dangerous.
We don't want more suicide in our hands..
Op... Pls follow ur instinct but remember God gave you that job for a reason.

Well, recession is not worth an eternity in distress. I am confident there are Muslim members of this forum who can provide alternative jobs for him if his salary isnt too high.
Your last line is not how a Muslim thinks.

3 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Horlawoomey(m): 5:16pm On May 27, 2017
Alcohol intake, selling, serving or the act of investing in alcoholic drink is carrying a major prohibition in Islam, one is urged to stay away from an environment where alcohol is being served.

Please take that bold step during this month of Mercy and quit that job and Allah will reward you with a better paying and Halal job. When we stay away from Haram, prayers will be answered more.

3 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by BigBrother9ja: 5:16pm On May 27, 2017
xstry:
As long as you do not drink.
See God talking grin

1 Like

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Horlawoomey(m): 5:18pm On May 27, 2017
Amberon:
Selling alcohol is not worse than bombing people.

May God provide you with knowledge of what you know not.

5 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by BigBrother9ja: 5:19pm On May 27, 2017
hafeenah:
This is what is called LALURI.Besides in hadith one which says actions are judge according to the intention. ur fasting will be accepted
So true.. . Even though he works in a brothel... Shebi he has no choice indeed.
Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by bams2999(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2017
Pls no bro fine another job in dis great mouth of Ramada,
Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by ilyasom(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2017
vanida6:
Lemme ask mallam yakub in my area

Ayam coming op wink
Pls don't trivialize this sensible post.
Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 27, 2017
Brother, its wrong and not right atall, during Ramadan or after Ramadan.... Leave the job. Allah is always with those who stays in his path... I wish i can help with a job
Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 27, 2017
Op, my advice is, try to find another job, DO NOT QUIT ur current job untill you find another. Like try hard to find another then leave selling alcohol cause its haram unless absolutely necessary & you have no other alternative

2 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by MrOlai: 5:31pm On May 27, 2017
Princeadebayo11:
I am a pure Muslim, but the fact is that I work in a hotel and I am in charge of bar I.e I sell alcoholic drinks and I don't have any means Of surviving if I should leave this job because of Ramadan. please hope my Fasting would still be accepted if I should be fasting while serving alcohol to customers

There would be Allah's punishments on the following set of people as regards alcohol:
1. The person who sells alcohol
2. The person drinks alcohol
3. The person who assists in carrying alcohol
4. The person who work in alcohol company
5. The person who trades in alcohol.

Note: If you're indeed a true Muslim, then, that's not the right place for you to work! You may not leave immediately if that will create serious problem for you. However, you must plan your exit strategy on how to leave that place! With your sincerity, Insha Allah, Allah will provide a better place for you.

2 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by EazyMoh(m): 5:35pm On May 27, 2017
LOL247:
Quit the Job!!!

The Prophet SAW said: “Allah has cursed Khamr (intoxicants – alcohol, wine etc.), the one who drinks [/b]it, the one who [b]pours [/b]it for others, the one who [b]sells [/b]it, the one who [b]buys [/b]it, the one who [b]makes it, the one who it is[b] made for[/b], the one who carries it, the one who it is[b] carried to[/b] and the one who[b] consumes the money[/b] from its sale.”
Jazakumullahu khairaa sister. People trying to sugarcoat HARAM on the first day of Ramadan.
OP You absolutely have no excuse whatsoever to keep working in that your so called job.
You also need to seek for forgiveness for every bottle you served.
May Allah forgive us all.

2 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Olril18(m): 5:39pm On May 27, 2017
olaztek:
Selling alcoholic drinks does not make u a pure muslim especially in this blessed month. When u leave something bad for Allah sake, Allah will reward u with something else much better. Its just a matter of taqwa and patience.
are u gonna give him anoda job??

2 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Ramaa(m): 5:46pm On May 27, 2017
Am still wondering how come black man calling himself a Muslim.....!??

What has islam have to do with black people.....!!??

Islam teaches Arab culture and traditional...is not for black people....

My brothers and sisters get your sense back....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Mujitapha(m): 5:56pm On May 27, 2017
My Allah provide better and pure job for you, ameen
Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by osazsky(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2017
factwriter:

I would like to agree with this person I quoted above..

Imagine your boss suddenly has reasons to close down the hotel, what would you do?

You will then "still" turn to Allah to provide sufficiency for you. So why not stop for (genuinely) for his sake.

Your heart may be pure (as
you presumed) but one or some of your past actions (obstinacy) may have landed you into the alcohol selling job, meaning it wasn't even God's plan for you. Meaning even with your (presumed pure heart) you will be held accountable for your trading services over intoxicants.

May Allah make your affairs easy for you (and me too).
Ramadhan Kareem.

Who will now sell drinks to Muslims dat do alcohol,? Christians abi. Self-centered ppl

1 Like

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Princeadebayo11(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2017
Musaf:
you can't claim to be pure and serving alcoholic drinks in a bar. No matter your situation, with faith ,you can get a new job.i urge you to be on the lookout for other job.Bar attendant isn't a good job for a self acclaimed pure Muslim .May Allah forgive our shortcomings (Ameen)
i always perform my 5 rakats before Ramadan, this job is really okay for me and God is blessing me with it. since yesterday I have been seeking for Allah's forgiveness until now
Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by DaudaAbu(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2017
Billyonaire:

Didnt Isa Ibn Mariam turn water into wine ?

That was before the coming of prophet muhammad S. A. W

From the moment prophet muhammad pronounce it as haram. So it stands

1 Like

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by milavitsaromani: 6:08pm On May 27, 2017
alahu we've all being brainwashed by our fellow human being kai!!! and na because of poverty. some people do not even know yhere is an outside world where all these believes don't count(north korea, china, russia), have they died? and all these countries are way better than naija. Then they scare you of afterlife wey nobody don experience before and we all believe it, Nawa oooooooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by milavitsaromani: 6:09pm On May 27, 2017
alahu we've all being brainwashed by our fellow human being kai!!! and na because of poverty. some people do not even know there is an outside world where all these believes don't count(north korea, china, russia), have they died? and all these countries are way better than naija. Then they scare you of afterlife wey nobody don experience before and we all believe it, Nawa oooooooooooo poverty don kolo us

3 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by factwriter(m): 6:10pm On May 27, 2017
osazsky:

Who will now sell drinks to Muslims dat do alcohol,? Christians abi. Self-centered ppl

Try Google, your answer is just a keypad away.
Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by drmuri(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2017
My brother have you come across the hadith which says " man taraka shayaan lillah, awwadou llahu khayran minhu. " meaning he who leaves something (job, relationship, habit etc)because of Allah, Allah will grant him something better!. Do not be mislead by what people say here, there is no doruurah in alcohol sale. Amongst the categories of people Allah cursed is a man who serves alcohol to people. you can't be a pure Muslim and be an alcohol server even if you don't drink.
Quit the job for the sake of Allah and Allah will surely grant you a better job insha Allah. money gotten from alcohol related business is devoid of baraka. May Allah grant you halaal job soonest
Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Amberon: 6:21pm On May 27, 2017
May God give your fellow Muslims the grace to accept religious tolerance.
Horlawoomey:

May God provide you with knowledge of what you know not.

2 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by drmuri(m): 6:24pm On May 27, 2017
hafeenah:
This is what is called LALURI.Besides in hadith one which says actions are judge according to the intention. ur fasting will be accepted
sister fear Allah, and understand the concept of Doruurah (laluri as you ignorantly call it). besides it is great sin giving fatwa without knowledge. prophet enumerated the category of people Allah cursed. someone who serves others alcohol is among.
if I may ask, what makes this case doruurah? if he looks around he will get halal job even if it pays lower than the present one.
it is like you saying a prostitute should continue her job because it is doruurah. may Allah guide us all aright

4 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by willibounce1(m): 6:36pm On May 27, 2017
Bigjay2:
U will not get something better if u do not leave the job. Think about this. U don't know which Ramadan is ur last on earth. Is better u leave the job because of your akhira. May Allah be our guide.

LMAO.. I can't believe this. So what if the Ramadan is his last on earth? Are you going to help him get another job? Are you willing to help him with some money pending the time he gets a new job, after all Islam teaches helping of one another. Well I am sure the OP's brain is functioning. If you quit your job because of fasting in this recession, you might end up fasting till the end of the year due to serious OWU... God has a better understanding and he even instructed that man must labour before he'll eat. You are not drinking the beer but selling to make a living. And I don't see how drinking of beer is a sin

3 Likes

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 27, 2017
DaudaAbu:

That was before the coming of prophet muhammad S. A. W

From the moment prophet muhammad pronounce it as haram. So it stands
That was a fantastic move by Mohammed. Alcohol is treated by the body as poison, so even though I drink it, I know that I am on a self-destruct.

You sound as a great Muslism, so I can ask you this question, knowing you will be frank, as always; What aspect of Islam promotes and sponsors terrorism ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Allah Can Judge Me This Ramadan by willibounce1(m): 6:50pm On May 27, 2017
Billyonaire:
That was a fantastic move by Mohammed. Alcohol is treated by the body as poison, so even though I drink it, I know that I am on a self-destruct.

You sound as a great Muslism, so I can ask you this question, knowing you will be frank, as always; What aspect of Islam promotes and sponsors terrorism ?

Man! What you up to?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim Women Dancing To "One Corner". Video Goes Viral / Two Pastors Accept Islam In Ogun State During Ramadan Lecture (Photos) / Agege Central Mosque Sealed Off By LGA Officials For Violating Lockdown Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.