Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! (10612 Views)

Pet Dogs Dancing: Philippines Animal Advocate Shares Stunning Pictures / My New Pet Fish / Whatsapp Group For Dogs Owners In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 9:30am On May 27, 2017
This thread is open to everyone who has recently acquired a dog! The idea is for us to exchange tips and well as get valuable advice from the pros in raising our canines to be the best they can be!

It'll help reduce the no of threads being opened to randomly ask one question!

Hopefully we will have the older dog owners happy to share bits of advice and guides to caring for our "little ones"

I've got two dogs again! Recently acquired a four weeks old Caucasian/German shepherd in addition to my half rott/half German shepherd. will put up pictures as soon as I can!

For starters how best can one manage ticks in a dog?

Any nutrition tips to be shared? Considering the state of the economy how can one still feed the dogs well but save on costs?

CC : Seun

Blasiangurl

Prodegee

Cheers everyone!

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by Greene66: 4:17pm On May 27, 2017
You don't manage ticks. You prevent ticks by keeping the environment clean. Bathe your dog regularly and spray him with anti-ticks spray.
At the very young baby age, please keep your pet inside the house.

As for food, there is nothing to manage as well unless you don't want your dog to grow in power and grace. Feed him with Dry Food, Canned Food, Others such as Nutritola 3 times a day. Also give him Fish and Meat as a snack about 3 times a week or just 2 times. And you shall have you dog grow into that big and proud beast

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 10:44pm On May 27, 2017
Thanks greene66. Any recommended brand of tick spray from you?

My Immediatr challenge is that the compound isn't concrete for now so grass grows even though it's trimmed at least every two weeks! And the dogs can't be caged all day and night.

I've never heard of this nutriola but will be on the look out. Some people speak highly of broken noodles as food for dogs would you say this is good?

I also get fish heads and gills from a local frozen food store around is that a good protein option?

Thanks for stopping by!
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by lanr3y1: 8:29am On May 28, 2017
babythug:
This thread is open to everyone who has recently acquired a dog! The idea is for us to exchange tips and well as get valuable advice from the pros in raising our canines to be the best they can be!

It'll help reduce the no of threads being opened to randomly ask one question!

Hopefully we will have the older dog owners happy to share bits of advice and guides to caring for our "little ones"

I've got two dogs again! Recently acquired a four weeks old Caucasian/German shepherd in addition to my half rott/half German shepherd. will put up pictures as soon as I can!

For starters how best can one manage ticks in a dog?

Any nutrition tips to be shared? Considering the state of the economy how can one still feed the dogs well but save on costs?

CC : Seun

Blasiangurl

Prodegee

Cheers everyone!

This is how I feed my dog.
I get remnant food from Mr Biggs on daily basis.. #200 per kilo.
I order for can food 24cans from konga @ 7k
I get chicken heads, chicken legs, fish head and gill, chicken intestine.. Depending on the one available.. I get them every Friday for dog @3h per kilo.
The day am unable to visit Mr Biggs I feed my dog rice or spaghetti whicj is rich with the mixture of can food.

As for the thick.
Na Rambo insecticide powder I dey use #200 and it last me for more than 1month..
I wash the cage every Saturday... And bath my dog every sunday.

My question is how often should I gv my dog distemper vaccine and deworming cos my vet wan turn me to office o. Anytime I visit em na distemper and deworming and treatment bill he dey bring over 8k per visit... Is there any strong deworming drug I can use that will gv me dog proper deworm... 90%

3 Likes

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by Nobody: 11:24am On May 28, 2017
I like ur feeding plan bro keep it up

2 Likes

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 1:54pm On May 28, 2017
lanr3y1:

This is how I feed my dog.
I get remnant food from Mr Biggs on daily basis.. #200 per kilo.
I order for can food 24cans from konga @ 7k
I get chicken heads, chicken legs, fish head and gill, chicken intestine.. Depending on the one available.. I get them every Friday for dog @3h per kilo.
The day am unable to visit Mr Biggs I feed my dog rice or spaghetti whicj is rich with the mixture of can food.

As for the thick.
Na Rambo insecticide powder I dey use #200 and it last me for more than 1month..
I wash the cage every Saturday... And bath my dog every sunday.

My question is how often should I gv my dog distemper vaccine and deworming cos my vet wan turn me to office o. Anytime I visit em na distemper and deworming and treatment bill he dey bring over 8k per visit... Is there any strong deworming drug I can use that will gv me dog proper deworm... 90%

Sounds like a reasonable and cost effective feeding plan! What breed is yours?

Where do you source the poultry head and feet from please?

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by lanr3y1: 2:14pm On May 28, 2017
babythug:

Sounds like a reasonable and cost effective feeding plan! What breed is yours?

Where do you source the poultry head and feet from please?

Its a rotweiller. I source my poultry head from cooling store around my area.. They sell all the fish and chicken head.
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by Greene66: 8:39pm On May 28, 2017
babythug:
Thanks greene66. Any recommended brand of tick spray from you?

My Immediatr challenge is that the compound isn't concrete for now so grass grows even though it's trimmed at least every two weeks! And the dogs can't be caged all day and night.

I've never heard of this nutriola but will be on the look out. Some people speak highly of broken noodles as food for dogs would you say this is good?

I also get fish heads and gills from a local frozen food store around is that a good protein option?

Thanks for stopping by!

I really cannot suggest any brand as they are so many and very cheap. (N1500 max)

Regarding the compound, the dogs should stay away from the grass areas by keeping them inside whenever they are out of the cage. If you want them to roam in the grass, ensure the grasses are trimmed regularly and they would be fine. Also remember insecticides to be used on the grass.

Nutritola is just one of many dog meals out there but it's made in Nigeria and cost effective unlike the imported ones which are quite costly. My dogs like it so much and I see it does the magic.

Believe me when I tell you, the broken noodles has nothing to offer your dog in terms of nutrition.

The fish is very okay. Anything livestock makes sense.

Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by lanr3y1: 9:52pm On May 28, 2017
Greene66:

I really cannot suggest any brand as they are so many and very cheap. (N1500 max)

Regarding the compound, the dogs should stay away from the grass areas by keeping them inside whenever they are out of the cage. If you want them to roam in the grass, ensure the grasses are trimmed regularly and they would be fine. Also remember insecticides to be used on the grass.

Nutritola is just one of many dog meals out there but it's made in Nigeria and cost effective unlike the imported ones which are quite costly. My dogs like it so much and I see it does the magic.

Believe me when I tell you, the broken noodles has nothing to offer your dog in terms of nutrition.

The fish is very okay. Anything livestock makes sense.

Happy Sunday.

How much is this nutritola pls? Maybe I can use it and gv my dog a change
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by Greene66: 9:57pm On May 28, 2017
lanr3y1:

How much is this nutritola pls? Maybe I can use it and gv my dog a change

It's N2500 for the 2.5KG

And N4500 for the 4KG

In ibadan.. don't know about other areas.

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 10:01am On May 29, 2017
Morning everyone!

How are the canines doing? wink

Have they been walked and perhaps washed?? I wanna wash these individuals here but it's not sunny enough so still waiting kiss

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2017
One of my dogs has
Suddenly picked an interest in killing lizards! I find it very disturbing as well as a nuisance! Is there anything i can do to stop it?

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by lanr3y1: 9:44am On Jun 09, 2017
babythug:
One of my dogs has
Suddenly picked an interest in killing lizards! I find it very disturbing as well as a nuisance! Is there anything i can do to stop it?

When it kills punish the dog for killing lizard... U can flog the dog for it... Urs is better sha... Got a new dog that found its way into my sisters poultry and he killed 15 chickens. The most painful thing b say.. The dog is just to lazy for my likeness
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 10:02am On Jun 09, 2017
lanr3y1:

When it kills punish the dog for killing lizard... U can flog the dog for it... Urs is better sha... Got a new dog that found its way into my sisters poultry and he killed 15 chickens. The most painful thing b say.. The dog is just to lazy for my likeness

I just hope he will realize he's being flogged for killing the lizards! Maybe I'd drag him to the spot?

Sorry about the chickens oh! What a waste
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by lanr3y1: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2017
babythug:

I just hope he will realize he's being flogged for killing the lizards! Maybe I'd drag him to the spot?

Drag him to the dead lizard and flog him...
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 11:20am On Jun 09, 2017
lanr3y1:

Drag him to the dead lizard and flog him...

grin grin
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by Chrispal: 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
Please how is the growth of this my 3months + gsd?

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by chasisig: 7:11am On Jun 11, 2017
Im not a dog lover but my hubby just brought home 2 rott puppies of 8wks each....im so scares right now...esp cos of my kids...please i need all d help i can get....cos as it is, ainy got no choice....he already paid for them....pls help with tips...godbless
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by lanr3y1: 8:41am On Jun 11, 2017
chasisig:
Im not a dog lover but my hubby just brought home 2 rott puppies of 8wks each....im so scares right now...esp cos of my kids...please i need all d help i can get....cos as it is, ainy got no choice....he already paid for them....pls help with tips...godbless

Don't be scared ma'am dogs are wonderful animals... Just make sure u are in charge.. Instill strict training on them... Like u training human... Get diamond dry food and canned foods for them... Fees them twice daily. Get a qualified vet to check on them to make sure they have all the vaccines they need... That's all....

2 Likes

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by rumenase(m): 12:23am On Jun 12, 2017
babythug:

it is not necessary. dogs live in the moment...... yu don't punish a dog yu correct a dog caught in the act not after the act cos it will never know why yu are correcting it. thank yu

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2017
Caught in the very act!!!!!

When your dog is an upcoming escape artist grin grin grin

Just negodu the individual lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by shefik(m): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
It's not safe for your dog to be chained or on leash inside the cage ,especially that type of cage that is burglary proof.you pup can easily strangle itself and die .

2 Likes

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
shefik:
It's not safe for your dog to be chained or on leash inside the cage ,especially that type of cage that is burglary proof.you pup can easily strangle itself and die .

He wasn't chained at the time! I just left the chain hanging there
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 6:04am On Jun 30, 2017
Chrispal:
Please how is the growth of this my 3months + gsd?
Sometimes their size depends on what that parents look like!

I'd say increase the quantity and quality of his meals a bit. He still has potentials to develop more muscle mass right now!

Good luck
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hello everyone just to find out please, does anyone feed thier dog that Indomie mix?

Is it actually nourishing to dogs?

About how much does it cost?

Cheers people wink

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by emmayayodeji(m): 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
hi
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Wat is/are d effect(s) of a dog chasing his tail and biting himself? and can one correct such behavior (in a seven mnths old dog)? If yes how can one corret it

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by olumanja: 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
@babythug i would like to see the pic of your half rott/half gsd. Thanks
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by tblackE61(m): 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hey dear! Indomie waste is cool and cost effective, I give my dogs and it's works fine on demand! U can get it and add dry meat to it to make it more protieneous

babythug:
Hello everyone just to find out please, does anyone feed thier dog that Indomie mix?

Is it actually nourishing to dogs?

About how much does it cost?

Cheers people wink

1 Like

Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 12:17am On Jul 30, 2017
umarsheks6:
Wat is/are d effect(s) of a dog chasing his tail and biting himself? and can one correct such behavior (in a seven mnths old dog)? If yes how can one corret it

I will assume such a dog is just catching some fun... I doubt if there could be any need to correct as it were! Probably will outgrow it
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 7:50am On Jul 30, 2017
olumanja:
@babythug i would like to see the pic of your half rott/half gsd. Thanks

The boy nor gree stand still for picture oh! But on it wink grin
Re: New Pet -dogs Owners Club!!! by babythug(f): 7:52am On Jul 30, 2017
chasisig:

How's it going with the dogs? Trust they're well settled in now?

Do share pictures if you can!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) / Malinois Puppies Available For Experience Hands. / A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.