Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,289 members, 7,846,318 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers (660 Views)

Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa / Las Vegas Shooting, Families Of Those Killed To Get ₦100m Each(Photo) / US Orders Families Of Embassy Personnel Out Of Gambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by cristianisraeli: 10:11am On May 27, 2017
Netanyahu lashes out at Palestinians for paying families of suicide bombers: 'That law must be changed!'

At a joint appearance with Donald Trump, Netanyahu clobbered Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas for the payments
They are at odds with the principles Abbas outlined earlier in the day at his own meeting with the U.S. president, Netanyahu said
Abbas had carved out time in his remarks to condemn the horrible terrorist attack that occurred in the British city of Manchester'
'If the attacker had been Palestinian..the suicide bomber's family would have received a stipend from the Palestinian Authority,' Netanyahu said

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told the Palestinians Tuesday after their leader condemned the Manchester attack that they must end a law ensuring payments to suicide bombers if they are serious about combating terrorism.
At a joint appearance with Donald Trump, Netanyahu clobbered Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas for the payments that are at odds with the principles he outlined earlier in the day at his own meeting with the U.S. president.
'Standing next to you, President Abbas condemned the horrific attack in Manchester. Well, I hope this heralds a real change,' Netanyahu said. 'Because, if the attacker had been Palestinian, and the victims had been Israeli children, the suicide bomber's family would have received a stipend from the Palestinian Authority

'That's Palestinian law. That law must be changed.'

Abbas had carved out time in his brief remarks with Trump 'to condemn the horrible terrorist attack that occurred in the British city of Manchester, leaving tens of casualties of innocent people.'
'I do offer my warm condolences,' Abbas said through a translator, 'to the prime minister of Britain, families of victims, and the British people.'
'We would like to reassert our willingness to continue to work with you as partners in fighting terrorism in our region and in the world,' the Palestinian president added.
Addressing Monday night's deadly terror attack in Manchester, UK for the first time, Trump said in his remarks, which came after Abbas', that the suicide bomber was a 'loser' – and announced that from now on he will refer to terrorist killers that way.
'The terrorists and extremists, and those who give them aid and comfort, must be driven out from our society forever,' Trump had said. 'Life must be protected. All civilized nations must join together to protect human life and the sacred right of our citizens to live in safety and in peace.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4533976/Netanyahu-lashes-Palestinian-payments-bombers.html#ixzz4iGiPqJmU

Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by cristianisraeli: 10:14am On May 27, 2017
[b]Later, at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem, Netanyahu railed against heinous crimes, as well - characterizing Abbas as a hypocrite in his remarks as he touched on the Palestinian Authority's payments to the families of convicted terrorists.
'Together we must defeat those who glorify death and protect those who celebrate life. Together we can defeat the forces of militant Islam, who seek to destroy the civilized world,' he told Trump. 'And together we can and we must defeat the forces of terror.
'Terrorism, the deliberate slaughter of innocents, must be equally condemned and equally fought, whether it strikes in Europe, in America, or in Israel or for that matter, anywhere else.
Recalling Trump's remarks at his appearance with Abbas, Netanyahu said the 'funding and rewarding terrorism must end.'
'I hope that President Abbas heeds the principles, the clear, strong, moral and practical principles that you enunciated today, President Trump: Stop rewarding terrorists. Stop glorifying murderers.[/b]

Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by coolcharm(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2017
So their law rewards suicide bombers for a job well done? How about the victims of the attack? I guess the law is silent on that.

What a terrorist breeding ground!
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by cristianisraeli: 10:33am On May 27, 2017
A salaries to terrorists and their familes
In April 2011, the Palestinian Authority Registry published a Government Resolution granting all Palestinian prisoners imprisoned in Israel for security and terror-related offenses a monthly salary from the PA (Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, April 15, 2011). This new resolution, called PA Government Resolution of 2010, numbers 21 and 23, formalized what has long been a PA practice.

The PA defined which Palestinians would be considered "prisoners": "Anyone imprisoned in the occupation's [Israel's] prisons as a result of his participation in the struggle against the occupation" (Ch. 1 of Law of Prisoners, 2004/19, www.alasra.ps, accessed May 9, 2011)

According to the PA definition, more than 4,500 Palestinian prisoners (as of December 2012) serving time for terror-related offenses are recipients of PA salaries. This means that Palestinians convicted of crimes such as theft do not receive a salary, but Hamas and Fatah terrorist murderers do.

These monthly payments to prisoners are paid from the PA’s general budget and income taxes are paid, as is the case with all other PA salaries (Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, June 19, 2011). According to the language of the PA regulation as well as PA economic reports on government salaries, the monthly salaries to prisoners range from 1,400 shekels to 12,000 shekels. The PA economic report listed the prisoners’ salaries as part of the PA general salary budget, which includes civil servants, military personnel and others. (Life and the Market, supplement to Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, June 19, 2011). It was not listed as a social service payment.

The PA’s general budget and salary budget is funded by numerous donor countries. Since 2011, PMW has been documenting that international donors' aid money given for salaries and to the PA general budget pays the salaries of Palestinian terrorists imprisoned in Israel. This is in violation of the letter or spirit of the laws of the funding countries.

Responding to queries from donor countries following PMW reports, the PA told the donor countries that they changed the wording of the law from “salaries” – “ratib”- to “assistance” – “i’ana.” British Minister of State stated in a letter that “we have discussed these issues with the PA at the highest levels” and “the PA has now changed the wording in the Cabinet Decision to unambiguously refer to the payment as assistance – i’ana.’” (Letter from Minister of State Alan Duncan to MP Mike Freer, see report here) However, the PA immediately contradicted what Duncan had claimed, calling it a rumor:
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by cristianisraeli: 10:35am On May 27, 2017
coolcharm:
So their law rewards suicide bombers for a job well done? How about the victims of the attack? I guess the law is silent on that.

What a terrorist breeding ground!

terrorist get paid almost $4000 and victims get nothing
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by coolcharm(m): 10:37am On May 27, 2017
cristianisraeli:

terrorist get paid almost $4000 and victims get nothing

Wtf!
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by cristianisraeli: 10:40am On May 27, 2017
coolcharm:

Wtf!

The Palestinian Authority pays monthly salaries to 5,500 prisoners in Israeli prisons, including terrorists
The PA honors terrorists who have killed civilians, presenting them as heroes and role models
The PA glorifies terror attacks as heroic, including suicide bombings
The PA funds these salaries and activities from its general budget

1. New PA law enacts payment of monthly salaries to terrorists in Israeli prisons:

A law signed and published in the official Palestinian Authority Registry in April 2011 puts all Palestinians and Israeli Arabs imprisoned in Israel for terror crimes on the PA payroll to receive a monthly salary from the PA. [Official PA daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, April 15, 2011] This new law called PA Government Resolution of 2010, numbers 21 and 23, formalizes what has long been a PA practice.

4. Total amount that the PA pays in salaries to prisoners monthly:

Total: 17,678,247 Shekel ($5,207,000) a month, based on May 2011.

[Life and the Market, supplement to Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, June 19, 2011]

5. Terrorists in prison receive higher average salary than PA civil servants and military personnel

Average monthly salary

Salary recipients

Civil servant...2.882

Military personnel..2,704

Prisoner...3,129
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by spartan117(m): 10:55am On May 27, 2017
I will keep saying this; "Isis, Fulani herdsmen and boko haram are d true Muslims practicing their religion, anyone who tells u Islam is a religion of peace is a fat liar"
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 27, 2017
One man's suicide bomber/terrorist is another's matyr/hero/soldier. The Palestinians are locked in an assymetrical warfare with the Israelis(the guys with the biggest guns) whom they see as illegal occupiers so they have created an elite group of soldiers-the suicide bombers(that explains the high pay). It is the side of the divide that you are on that determines how you these guys. Brutal fact.
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 27, 2017
One man's suicide bomber/terrorist is another's matyr/hero/soldier. The Palestinians are locked in an assymetrical warfare with the Israelis(the guys with the biggest guns) whom they see as illegal occupiers so they have created an elite group of soldiers-the suicide bombers(that explains the high pay). It is the side of the divide that you are on that determines how you see these guys. Brutal fact.
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by cristianisraeli: 11:40am On May 28, 2017
mansakhalifa:
One man's suicide bomber/terrorist is another's matyr/hero/soldier. The Palestinians are locked in an assymetrical warfare with the Israelis(the guys with the biggest guns) whom they see as illegal occupiers so they have created an elite group of soldiers-the suicide bombers(that explains the high pay). It is the side of the divide that you are on that determines how you see these guys. Brutal fact.

nobody is saying dont fight the israelis.but dont go and murder innocent civilians and still get paid for it..just like boko haram kills innocent people..are u saying the likes of bokoharam and co are fighting for whats right?does anything justify killing of innocent girls in their bed while they sleep?if they want to fight israel..hamas should not use human shields..do you know hamas stores weapons in schools and hospitals and even mosques and residential buildings?yea thats right
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by cristianisraeli: 11:42am On May 28, 2017
mansakhalifa:
One man's suicide bomber/terrorist is another's matyr/hero/soldier. The Palestinians are locked in an assymetrical warfare with the Israelis(the guys with the biggest guns) whom they see as illegal occupiers so they have created an elite group of soldiers-the suicide bombers(that explains the high pay). It is the side of the divide that you are on that determines how you these guys. Brutal fact.

13-year-old Israeli girl stabbed to death in her bedroom

13-year-old Israeli girl was stabbed to death in her bedroom yesterday by a Palestinian attacker who scaled a security fence and crept into the family home.

Hallel Yaffe Ariel was murdered while she slept inside her house in Kiryat Arba, an Israeli settlement near Hebron in the occupied West Bank.

The killing of a child rocked Israel and threatens to bring about a new escalation in violence after several weeks of relative calm in the region.

Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by Nobody: 7:03am On May 29, 2017
@christianisraeli I wasn't trying to justify what these guys are doing i.e. attacking civilians and all that. No sir,far from it. Infact,premeditated assaults on civilians are morally reprehensible and it is the lowest point of any war at all to attack civilians. I just happened to see the part where you pointed out that the suicide attackers got higher salaries than soldiers and I just thought I should point it out to you that they(the suicide bombers) are infact soldiers (as far as the Palestinians are concerned,that is). I was reading an article on this issue the other day and it occured to me that the Palestinian military system as a whole was designed to function in that manner-even the Palestinian Airforce which was originally set up(in the early 60s) to carry out kamikaze-styled attacks on strategic locations. Did you know that too?
Re: Prime Minister Lashes Out At Abbas For Paying Families Of Suicide Bombers by cristianisraeli: 8:47am On May 29, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@christianisraeli I wasn't trying to justify what these guys are doing i.e. attacking civilians and all that. No sir,far from it. Infact,premeditated assaults on civilians are morally reprehensible and it is the lowest point of any war at all to attack civilians. I just happened to see the part where you pointed out that the suicide attackers got higher salaries than soldiers and I just thought I should point it out to you that they(the suicide bombers) are infact soldiers (as far as the Palestinians are concerned,that is). I was reading an article on this issue the other day and it occured to me that the Palestinian military system as a whole was designed to function in that manner-even the Palestinian Airforce which was originally set up(in the early 60s) to carry out kamikaze-styled attacks on strategic locations. Did you know that too?

ok i understand u now..this guys dont want a state/country..they want to destroy israel and thats the goal.nobody wants peace more than israel..israel gave up land for peace with jordan and egypt.they want peace..they want israel to pull back to pre 67 border and its impossible and they want east jerusalem as the capital..everyone knows israel owns jerusalem.do u know afighter jet can cross the entire israel in 4 mins?israel pulled out of gaza and what happened..they turned it into a terror enclave and fire thousands of rockets at civilians..yes civilians...if they want want a state it must be a de-militarized country.watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2hZ6SlSqq0&t=26s

(1) (Reply)

Russian Embassy Moves To Jerusalem / Rigging In Russian Elections With Video Footage / US Secret Service To Unveil Trump's New N476m Presidential Limo In A Few Months'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.