Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa (58188 Views)

USA Parades 12 Nuclear Stealth Bombers & Vows Jets Are ‘Ready To Strike Anywhere / Russia Finally Rolled Out Heavy Long range Bombers In Ukraine / US Nuke Bombers And Nato Jets Conduct War Games On Russia Doorstep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by obafemee80(m): 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
[img]https://imagizer./img923/4858/Uo2Awb.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXb-RqJB47I

Russia on Wednesday landed two nuclear-capable Tupolev Tu-160 Bombers in Waterkloof Air Force Base in Tshwane, South Africa.

The two world’s biggest military aircraft, nicknamed the White Swan, are capable of launching nuclear missiles. They are the first to ever land in Africa.

They were accompanied by SA Air Force Gripen and Hawk aircraft as they arrived at the Waterkloof air base in Tshwane.

[img]https://imagizer./img921/945/yOqVis.jpg[/img]

The flight was apparently timed to coincide with President Vladimir Putin’s opening of a flagship Russia-Africa summit designed to increase Russian influence.

Russia’s Ministry of Defence said the mission is designed to nurture military ties with South Africa.

[img]https://imagizer./img923/5525/Fvscll.jpg[/img]

With a top speed of 1,243 mph, the supersonic Tupolev Tu-160 bombers are the largest and heaviest combat aircraft. They are also the fastest millitary bomber now in use.

The Russia-Africa summit is part of Russia’s drive to win business and restore influence that faded after the 1991 collapse of the Soviet Union.

Russia will have to compete with China and the US for influence in Africa. Last week, Putin accused former colonial powers in the West of intimidating African countries to exploit the continent’s resources.

“We see how an array of Western countries are resorting to pressure, intimidation and blackmail of sovereign African governments”

During the Russia-Africa Summit, Russia and Nigeria signed a deal to supply 12 Russian-made Mi-35 attack helicopters to Nigeria. This military and technical assistance from Russia will help support Nigeria’s fight against the Boko Haram insurgency.

[img]https://imagizer./img921/8424/0C39sg.jpg[/img]

The Mi-35M attack helicopter is an export version of Mil Mi-24V large attack helicopter. The helicopter, nicknamed the “flying tank,” is Russia’s answer to Boeing’s Apache large helicopter gunship.

Russia and Nigeria also signed a deal to revive and modernise our refineries, and also to restart the decaying Ajaokuta steel company.

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, also sealed railway deal with 2 Russian firms for modernisation and rehabilitation of existing rail projects nationwide.

https://autojosh.com/russia-wants-to-hijack-africa-from-us-and-china-lands-two-nuclear-tupolev-tu-160-bombers-in-south-africa/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
Wow angry

F

T

C grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by fernandez1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
Well 3rd world war is around the corner....every world power they take style position them self on each continent

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by padi94(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
I dont know what weapons will be used to fight World War 3 but, World War 4 will be fought with sticks nd stones

313 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by decatalyst(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
I am loving this romance walahi.

America will soon be jealous grin grin

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Chainsmokers: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
Good for SA grin
But make this one no cause world war III o undecided

7 Likes

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by CTPlayer: 3:08am On Oct 28, 2019
LOL Africa selling out to China and Russia.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28am On Oct 28, 2019
Russia will have to compete with China and the US for influence in Africa. Last week, Putin accused former colonial powers in the West of intimidating African countries to exploit the continent’s resources.
Africa our Africa.

During the Russia-Africa Summit, Russia and Nigeria signed a deal to supply 12 Russian-made Mi-35 attack helicopters to Nigeria. This military and technical assistance from Russia will help support Nigeria’s fight against the Boko Haram insurgency.

Russia and Nigeria also signed a deal to revive and modernise our refineries.
This is one of the many benefits of our darling President going on the foreign trips, to better the soiled and battered image of our nation.
May God continue to give this great man more wisdom, knowledge and understanding, long life in good health as he is doing everything he can to make our nation work again.
God bless Nigeria.

TWO GREAT MEN.

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by ednut1(m): 7:29am On Oct 28, 2019
With just those two jets they can destroy africa in 5 days

28 Likes

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29am On Oct 28, 2019
fernandez1:
Well 3rd world war is around the corner....every world power they take style position them self on each continent
Chainsmokers:
Good for SA grin
But make this one no cause world war III o undecided
God forbid 3rd world war o..
Do you guys know what World war means?!
Una no go sleep!
Hmmmm

Isinweke:

If they want to start the war, let them start it!
We have nothing to loose
Here is your answer below...
shogsman:
Stop making generalisations ova,
you have nothing to lose,
we do,
because someone that has a tangible and stable source of income would not wish for this to happen.
Thanks for replying him on our behalf Shogsman!

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 28, 2019
South Africa BURRRRN grin
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:29am On Oct 28, 2019
Hmm
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 28, 2019
Okay
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by omocalabar(m): 7:30am On Oct 28, 2019
And FFK said we should go to war with S.A

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by MetalscrapPVT: 7:30am On Oct 28, 2019
impressive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:30am On Oct 28, 2019
fernandez1:
Na you wan start am undecided
I thought it would happen when North Korea was threatening to shoot missiles at the US territory of Guam,
After all the threats, dem no do anything!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 28, 2019
padi94:
I dont know what weapons will be used to fight World War 3 but, World War 4 will be fought with sticks nd stones

grin grin grin
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by moneyworth101: 7:30am On Oct 28, 2019

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:30am On Oct 28, 2019
Good for them they never see anytin he just Dey start
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 28, 2019
CTPlayer:
LOL Africa selling out to China and Russia.

Because all of you African university graduates, the minute you graduate, you want to become office workers...in airconditioned office, with car and house.

You also despise and look down on technicans and vocational education as 'being for illiterates'.

And you want the government to provide subsides, at the expense of investment and economic development.

There are reasons why China, Russia and the US are developed. It wasn't because of 'clerks'.

122 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Madibah(m): 7:31am On Oct 28, 2019
fernandez1:

Conner ko freekick ni grin

8 Likes

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Wickedtruths: 7:31am On Oct 28, 2019
padi94:

Said by Albert Einstein

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by iammo(m): 7:32am On Oct 28, 2019
cool

Africa has finally grown sense, Russia and the east are more helpful to us than the US and the west

A whole Buhari went to meet US with $350m usd for a propeler driven plane(not jet engine) not only did tump call him lifeless he also said we wont get the planes till 2022.. yet just few days meeting with Putin he has released top grade millitary helicopters for us

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Mubbyleey(m): 7:32am On Oct 28, 2019
Russia is trying so hard to be relevant grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by gidoskiaustino(m): 7:32am On Oct 28, 2019
Buhari please help us, South Africa will soon be the Giant of Africa.

You can also call me for your websites I build all kinds of website, you didn't need to pay all first you pay half and when I'm done you pay the balance.
My check my signature for contact
Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Astark: 7:32am On Oct 28, 2019
Russia and China now very soon India will be holding summit with Africa

Shameless curse race

9 Likes

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 28, 2019
padi94:

Call of duty

1 Like

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Wickedtruths: 7:33am On Oct 28, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Because all of you African university graduates, the minute you graduate, you want to become office workers...in airconditioned office, with car and house.

You also despise and look down on technicans and vocational education as 'being for illiterates'.

And you want the government to provide subsides, at the expense of investment and economic development.

There are reasons why China, Russia and the US are developed. It wasn't because of 'clerks'.

Technical education is dead in Nigeria. Until we find a way to resuscitate it, we would keep being technological beggars, importing everything.

26 Likes

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by MicroBox: 7:33am On Oct 28, 2019
Africa the dumb continent..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by Astark: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2019
gidoskiaustino:
Buhari please help us, South Africa will soon be the Giant of Africa.

You can also call me for your websites I build all kinds of website, you didn't need to pay all first you pay half and when I'm done you pay the balance.
My check my signature for contact
grin see this one, they are already giant of Africa. There's no positive thing we are better than south africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa by franchasng: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2019
omocalabar:
And FFK said we should go to war with S.A
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Truck Attack In Nice, France On Bastille Day Kills Many / Putin Sends Militia Into Kyiv To Assassinate Zelensky (Photos) / US Issues Warning To Countries Arming Russia, South Africa Hits Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.