Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,511 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent (978 Views)

UTME Candidate Rejects Admission Offer To Study Civil Eng. In Unilorin(photo) / Moses Adebowale Ogunbiyi Slumps And Dies (UNIOSUN Civil Engineering Dept HOD) / Is It Possible To Study Civil Engineering Without Further Maths In Uniben. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by Enoma222(m): 12:23pm On May 27, 2017
am going for civil engineering but am kind if scared because people say it kind of difficult , please guys i need your advice .......is they enough calculation
Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by Enoma222(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2017
i really love this course and i want to be am engineer but scared am not good enough educationally to achieve my dreams embarassed
Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:39pm On May 27, 2017
Enoma222:
i really love this course and i want to be am engineer but scared am not good enough educationally to achieve my dreams embarassed

You don't need to be a genius to study any course in the university. You just need to be hard working and diligent in your studies.
Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by Enoma222(m): 12:44pm On May 27, 2017
thanks man
Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by Enoma222(m): 12:46pm On May 27, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

You don't need to be a genius to study any course in the university. You just need to be hard working and diligent in your studies.

u jst lift my hope with this piece of advice ....
Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by Icosahedron(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2017
Enoma222:

Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by Icosahedron(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2017
Enoma222:

Who told you that you are not good enough academically? How did you even come close to that concl

Here are things you should start doing from today henceforth.

1. Develop a positive mindset, believe in yourself, it's that simple. Don't allow your present condition becloud your mindset. Without a positive mindset you can never go anywhere in life, if you continue to live with the nauseous assumption that you are an average student, then it would be difficult(if not impossible) for you to stay motivated, and motivation plays a key role in success.

2. Study as if your life depends it, visit google Salman khan(khanacademy) and check his YouTube channel, watch his video lectures and educate yourself, he treats both introductory and advanced level topics on Mathematics and Physics. Give yourself the necessary foundation, after you have done that, you are perhaps ready to advance your mind, buy the following textbooks

- Further Mathematics by Egbe
- Integrated Mathematics by Afolabi
- Additional Mathematics for West Africa by G.A Ogun
- Principles of Physics by Nelkon
- Advanced level Physics by Nelkon
- Pure Mathematics by Bunday

Make sure you master the textbooks listed above.

3. Study all night, forget sleep and train your mind.

I rest my case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by toprealman: 6:23pm On May 27, 2017
Enoma222:
am going for civil engineering but am kind if scared because people say it kind of difficult , please guys i need your advice .......is they enough calculation
You can even make a first class if you work hard.
Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by Muhammedbashir(m): 6:33pm On May 27, 2017
Enoma222:

Sorry bro, No one is not good academically unless depends on how u achieve or detect how ur brain and minds work. Devote ur time on d subjects/topics u find urself weak in. Try not to hate d subject but try as in dat d only way out to succeed in ur aims.
Bro, I was once weak in Mathematics but today in all science subjects, Maths comes first.
To cut story short, aim high and work towards achieving it.
Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by rollybest(m): 9:11pm On May 27, 2017
Icosahedron:

Who told you that you are not good enough academically? How did you even come close to that concl

Here are things you should start doing from today henceforth.

1. Develop a positive mindset, believe in yourself, it's that simple. Don't allow your present condition becloud your mindset. Without a positive mindset you can never go anywhere in life, if you continue to live with the nauseous assumption that you are an average student, then it would be difficult(if not impossible) for you to stay motivated, and motivation plays a key role in success.

2. Study as if your life depends it, visit google Salman khan(khanacademy) and check his YouTube channel, watch his video lectures and educate yourself, he treats both introductory and advanced level topics on Mathematics and Physics. Give yourself the necessary foundation, after you have done that, you are perhaps ready to advance your mind, buy the following textbooks

- Further Mathematics by Egbe
- Integrated Mathematics by Afolabi
- Additional Mathematics for West Africa by G.A Ogun
- Principles of Physics by Nelkon
- Advanced level Physics by Nelkon
- Pure Mathematics by Bunday

Make sure you master the textbooks listed above.

3. Study all night, forget sleep and train your mind.

I rest my case.
Choi that further maths by Egbe is the most useless further maths textbook i have ever seen.it can't be used by beginners, i only use it because i teach further maths in a secondary school. it's purely for those that have known the concept before not starters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Can Am Average Guy Study Civil Engineering Or You Must Be Intelligent by Icosahedron(m): 1:32am On May 28, 2017
rollybest:

Choi that further maths by Egbe is the most useless further maths textbook i have ever seen.it can't be used by beginners, i only use it because i teach further maths in a secondary school. it's purely for those that have known the concept before not starters

In the field of Elementary Mathematics, textbooks are always of three types.

1. For Dummies, these are textbooks with attractive pictures and background, detailed explanation of difficult concepts, fully worked out solutions and no 'in-depth' treatment of advanced topics. Eg "New General Mathematics(SS1-3)"

2. For the Intelligent, these textbooks covers some advanced level topics not normally covered in the first category of textbooks mentioned above and the treatment is always bereft of loaded explanations the average student will find this kind of textbooks impenetrable while the somewhat bright students would find it useful. Eg. Further Mathematics by Egbe

3. For the Geeks. These are the kinds of textbooks used in countries like Russia, Japan, Romania and others advanced nations that always top the IMO list. These textbooks assume too much knowledge, some of them can be impenetrable to the average undergraduate Mathematics student, the authors makes no attempt to explain difficult proofs and the exercise section is always loaded with problem sets that are extremely difficult. Even the more advanced stuffs spend weeks on a single chapter.
Eg. Michael Spivak's Calculus

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Tuition Free Universities In Europe For International Students / Which Of These Were You In School? / Introduction To Law - The Nigerian Legal System: Administration And Enforcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.