Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,358 members, 7,846,545 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Trilogy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Trilogy (476 Views)

Tyson Fury Trilogy(3rd) Fight Against Deontay Wilder Scheduled For December 19 / Joshua, Ruiz Set For Trilogy, Says Hearn / Warriors Vs Cavs Trilogy, Who's Your Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trilogy by haywhybamz(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2017
THE TRILOGY

1. VICTOR MOSES - THE NEVER SAY NEVER GUY
2. JOHN TERRY - THE 26TH ELEMENT
3. TALES OF TWO LONDONS

all things being equal, my final football post of the season, i promised to commend victor moses effort this season, also pay tribute to john terry before my post tales of two London's

1. VICTOR MOSES - THE NEVER SAY NEVER GUY
most Nigerians familiar with the music scene would be aware of the title i have chosen. After much thinking on the right words to describe victor, i found this as the perfect word to describe him, with the way his career has been from a young boy at crystal palace to Wigan then Chelsea. Born in Lagos in 1990, Moses began his career in the championship with crystal palace before moving to Wigan. After 2 years, he moved to Chelsea in 2012. His first season at the club was pretty good as he scored 10 goals also with winning the uefa Europa league. Sooner rather than later, moses found himself in aeries of loan spells at Liverpool, stoke and Westhampton respectively. At first, one might feel his Chelsea career is over due to the number of player the club has sent out in the last 2 years but the never say never attitude in him earned him a new contract coupled with a starting place in the first xi. I have nothing but words of admiration for the wing back. In my words, i would say " victor is a guy who never allowed circumstances around his early childhood deter his success. A great guy who had been patient enough to earn his place among the threats, also he is a role model to young player as his transition from a winger or perhaps a striker into a right wing back and performed excellently is no mean feat as only few players in the world would adapt in such situation. His stellar performance in the just concludes season earned him being named pfa fans player of the month for November 2016.

2. JOHN TERRY - THE 26TH ELEMENT
Few weeks ago, john terry announced he would leave the club at the end of the season, this means john terry will end his 18 year stay at the club and also just last weekend john played his last game at Stamford bridge in a Chelsea shirt in front of the blues faithfuls. John terry moved to Chelsea going through the youth and reserves before establishing himself as one of the best defenders to ever play the game. Arguably the greatest captain in premier league history, terry has won a handful of trophies and this include 5 premier league titles, 5 fa cups, 3 football league cups, 1 champions league and 1 Europa league trophy.
26th ELEMENT
The day was set
The players were ready
The fans couldn't stop the chants
The staff are prepared
To give our captain a guard of honour
Today, one of our greatest player would end his stay
The last guard from the old army
After over 600 appearances
John was set to leave
The game was stooped in the 26th minute
Just to honour our man
The fans couldn't atop singing your name
The tears couldn't stop
Because its your last appearance in the shirt you have always defender
Your tackles
Interceptions
Goals
Will never be forgotten
Now that the 26th element is leaving
Who will step into the shoes of the great man.
Good luck legend... We wish you the best

3. TALES OF TWO LONDON'S
This originally is my post for the fa cup final, i just had to fulfill a promise i made earlier. Although i wanted to use "TWO SIDES OF A COIN" as the title but i decided to ho with this as it best suits the game. Chelsea and arsenal enjoyed a contrasting 2016/17 season with the former winning the premier league title while the latter missed out on the champions league for the first time in about 20 years. After a 10th placed finish in the 2015/16 season, Chelsea bounced back and enjoyed a roller coaster ride since it switched to 3-4-3 winning more games more than any premier league side while arsenal on the other hand had a torrid season. Chelsea's faced bigger teams in the competition than arsenal as they faced former champions leicester city, europa league winners manchedter united and high flying Tottenham hotspurs while arsenal faced Manchester city as their biggest test and maybe giant killers Lincoln city. On paper, Chelsea should win today's game as Antonio conte said yesterday in his press conference that all player are fit. On the other hand, arsenal key players are battling with injuries while some are suspended. Football isn't word of mouth, its a 90 minute game. May the best team win.
OKERINDE AYOBAMI
AYBAMZ

(1) (Reply)

Amokachi Gears Up For Second Nigeria Debut / Manchester United Won't Give Zlatan Ibrahimovic New Contract / Fifa 18 Release Date Confirmed With Cristiano Ronaldo As Cover Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.