Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging (14482 Views)

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) / 7 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Alway Overheats And How To Fix It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by tunisbaba(m): 1:27pm On May 27, 2017
It is normal for a phone to get slightly hot during usage, but a phone overheating while charging is not normal. Therefore when your phone is overheating, you must take proactive actions to cool it or else risk your battery melting or exploding.

Overheating can also damage the touchscreen as the heat can be conveyed to screen and burn it. I know you don’t want these damages to your phone, so anytime you discover that your phone is overheating, try the following recommended fixes to cool it off.
1. Stop charge-and-use
Charge-and-use is common to most smartphone owners, and this is not really a good habit. As I have earlier said, it is expected of a phone to be slightly hot while in use, because heat is liberated from the energy used in running the phone.

Now when you couple that heat with the heat liberated as a result of the flow of charges during charging, you will only succeed in making your phone hotter. Thus the first fix to a phone overheating while charging is to stop using the phone and only allow it to charge.

If the phone is still getting hot after some minutes, then go for the next fix.
2. Close battery-draining applications
Some applications, especially social media apps that are always connected and requesting for updates over the Internet, are notorious for draining battery, causing the phone to heat up.

If you discover that your phone is overheating while charging and any of your social media apps are running, end the apps. With that you phone ought to cool off; if it doesn’t, try the next fix.
3. Turn off the phone or charge in Aeroplane Mode
Actually, the best way to charge a phone is to turn it off during the charging process. Aside the fact that this helps prevent overheating during charging, it also makes charging faster. Since the phone is offline and not processing any data, no heat would be generated, aside the slight warmth of the battery resulted from charging.

Putting the phone to aeroplane mode will also reduce overheating while charging. When a phone is in that mode, it neither send nor receive Internet data and local signal, which contribute to heating the phone.

If your phone is till overheating after this, try the next fix.
4. Try another cable
As a rule of thumb, only charge your phone will follow-come charger. Charging with substandard or non-recommended charger head and cable can lead to your phone overheating while charging.

If the charger you are using is follow-come but your phone is getting hot, you may want to try changing your cable. Get an original cable from friends or family and test it with your charger head.

If the phone is still overheating, try the next fix.
5. Try using regular charger in place of Quick Charger
Nowadays OEMs boast of shipping their phones with Quick Charger, which makes charging a phone faster than the regular chargers. There are even some Quick Chargers that can take a 4000mAh battery to 50%, from 0%, within 30minutes. That is cool, I think. But sometimes fast chargers can cause phone overheating while charging.

This is because the rate of energy flow is faster than normal in Quick Chargers, and the faster the energy flow, the more heat is liberated.

Therefore, if your smartphone comes with a Quick Charger and you discover that the phone is overheating while charging, it is best to switch to a recommended regular charger, within is period.

That will surely make the phone charge slower but less hot, and you are not at the risk of exploding your battery.

If doing that doesn’t solve the problem, try the last fix below.
6. Make sure your battery and charger are original
It is not unusual for a phone's follow-come battery and charger to develop faults, but when they develop faults, ensure you replace with original, to avoid problems. Besides, fake charger and battery will do your phone no good than causing overheating, which can lead to burning of the phone’s charging port, board and even touchscreen.

If you have walked through the recommended fixes here, your phone should charge normally again, at ambient temperature.

Source: https://www.techrabytes.com/phone-overheating-while-charging-solutions/

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by KvnqPrezo(m): 1:39pm On May 27, 2017
H
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by datribune: 2:02am On Jul 26, 2018
tunisbaba:
It is normal for a phone to get slightly hot during usage, but a phone overheating while charging is not normal. Therefore when your phone is overheating, you must take proactive actions to cool it or else risk your battery melting or exploding.

Overheating can also damage the touchscreen as the heat can be conveyed to screen and burn it. I know you don’t want these damages to your phone, so anytime you discover that your phone is overheating, try the following recommended fixes to cool it off.
1. Stop charge-and-use
Charge-and-use is common to most smartphone owners, and this is not really a good habit. As I have earlier said, it is expected of a phone to be slightly hot while in use, because heat is liberated from the energy used in running the phone.

Now when you couple that heat with the heat liberated as a result of the flow of charges during charging, you will only succeed in making your phone hotter. Thus the first fix to a phone overheating while charging is to stop using the phone and only allow it to charge.

If the phone is still getting hot after some minutes, then go for the next fix.
2. Close battery-draining applications
Some applications, especially social media apps that are always connected and requesting for updates over the Internet, are notorious for draining battery, causing the phone to heat up.

If you discover that your phone is overheating while charging and any of your social media apps are running, end the apps. With that you phone ought to cool off; if it doesn’t, try the next fix.
3. Turn off the phone or charge in Aeroplane Mode
Actually, the best way to charge a phone is to turn it off during the charging process. Aside the fact that this helps prevent overheating during charging, it also makes charging faster. Since the phone is offline and not processing any data, no heat would be generated, aside the slight warmth of the battery resulted from charging.

Putting the phone to aeroplane mode will also reduce overheating while charging. When a phone is in that mode, it neither send nor receive Internet data and local signal, which contribute to heating the phone.

If your phone is till overheating after this, try the next fix.
4. Try another cable
As a rule of thumb, only charge your phone will follow-come charger. Charging with substandard or non-recommended charger head and cable can lead to your phone overheating while charging.

If the charger you are using is follow-come but your phone is getting hot, you may want to try changing your cable. Get an original cable from friends or family and test it with your charger head.

If the phone is still overheating, try the next fix.
5. Try using regular charger in place of Quick Charger
Nowadays OEMs boast of shipping their phones with Quick Charger, which makes charging a phone faster than the regular chargers. There are even some Quick Chargers that can take a 4000mAh battery to 50%, from 0%, within 30minutes. That is cool, I think. But sometimes fast chargers can cause phone overheating while charging.

This is because the rate of energy flow is faster than normal in Quick Chargers, and the faster the energy flow, the more heat is liberated.

Therefore, if your smartphone comes with a Quick Charger and you discover that the phone is overheating while charging, it is best to switch to a recommended regular charger, within is period.

That will surely make the phone charge slower but less hot, and you are not at the risk of exploding your battery.

If doing that doesn’t solve the problem, try the last fix below.
6. Make sure your battery and charger are original
It is not unusual for a phone's follow-come battery and charger to develop faults, but when they develop faults, ensure you replace with original, to avoid problems. Besides, fake charger and battery will do your phone no good than causing overheating, which can lead to burning of the phone’s charging port, board and even touchscreen.

If you have walked through the recommended fixes here, your phone should charge normally again, at ambient temperature.

Source: https://www.techrabytes.com/phone-overheating-while-charging-solutions/

Hi,
While using my phone everything is fine. It doesn't overheat but while charging it gets hot. I'm suspecting it's overheating.

Pls what temperature range can be termed normal while charging?

At what temperature range can it be termed as overheating while charging.
Thanks very much
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by nony43(m): 6:56am On Jul 26, 2018
Informative
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Ejlove4u(m): 6:58am On Jul 26, 2018
Ok i hear... U will only notice that is second hand phones
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59am On Jul 26, 2018
Good thread...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 26, 2018
Informative

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by samwizzye(m): 7:04am On Jul 26, 2018
whow, I love dis o
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by ahjerryboy1(m): 7:13am On Jul 26, 2018
to end the app, means what, is it to delete the app from your phone
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Premiumwriter: 7:24am On Jul 26, 2018
Please where is page zero?
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by exporters101: 7:38am On Jul 26, 2018
Thanks for the info

I do quality SEO ranking for your blogs/websites. Contact me
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2018
Premiumwriter:
Please where is page zero?

It doesn't exist anymore, it wasn't even supposed to
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by abumeinben(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2018
Op, only 1 thing....just 1

Place the phone on cold surface like cemented floor or tiles for 5mins.
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 26, 2018
What of we well the use made in nigeria phone ? Made in nigeria phone no the hot.
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by EmilyBaker12345(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2018
6 suggestions to solve the problem of fast heat consumption of mobile phones:

1. Avoid charging, playing games, watching videos or making phone calls;
2. When using the mobile phone for a long time, avoid the phone close to the cheek and try to use the earphone or earpiece;
3. Avoid using a mobile phone case with poor heat dissipation or remove it when it is hot;
4. During the charging process, try to stop using the mobile phone, especially in the summer, to prevent danger;
5. If the mobile phone is already hot, it is recommended to clean up the memory, close the background program, or shut down directly, let the phone rest for a while, the phone is not hot, and then boot;
6. Summer Indoor environment When the temperature is very high, try to place the mobile phone in a place with air conditioner or fan, and let the hot phone cool for a while.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by DrMuzungu(m): 7:56am On Jul 26, 2018
Last solution: Use the monday hammer to fix your phone and then buy a proper phone (read: SONY) instead of that crappy Samsung.
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by themonk(m): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2018
grin
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 26, 2018
When ur phone overheat , remove the battery immediately. Allow it to cool down for some time
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by clarkmos15(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2018
Fame333:
When ur phone overheat , remove the battery immediately. Allow it to cool down for some time
as my battery is inbuilt nko??
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Rick9(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
What if I switched off my Data Connection, but I didn't put my fone in Airplane mode, will it charge faster ?
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by bongolistik(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2018
datribune:

Hi,
While using my phone everything is fine. It doesn't overheat but while charging it gets hot. I'm suspecting it's overheating.

Pls what temperature range can be termed normal while charging?

At what temperature range can it be termed as overheating while charging.
Thanks very much

Here are temperature ranges that determines overheating during charging of different phones

https://www.highteknology.com/2018/07/ho-to-know-whether-your-smartphone-is.html

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by datribune: 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2018
bongolistik:

Here are temperature ranges that determines overheating during charging of different phones

https://www.highteknology.com/2018/07/ho-to-know-whether-your-smartphone-is.html

Thank you so much. God bless you
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2018
clarkmos15:

as my battery is inbuilt nko??
. Switch off your phone then after some fe minutes, switch it back on
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by ladyF(f): 1:06am On Jul 27, 2018
It happens to me. But I just take cold pure water and wrap around the phone for some minutes, and it has always worked for me.

I need to get another phone sef cry
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Phythondancer(f): 6:28am On Jul 27, 2018
ladyF:
It happens to me. But I just take cold pure water and wrap around the phone for some minutes, and it has always worked for me.

I need to get another phone sef cry
hahaha that's funny ma
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by OOG(m): 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
Great tips but it is not normal for your phone to overheat while charging; no matter the circumstances.
Get Anker chargers and cables that are designed to protect you and your devices from potential hazards. Anker chargers intelligently monitors the rate of charge and temperature and varies it to ensure your phone does not overheat while still delivering the fastest charge the phone can handle.
You can Google the terms "Anker Multiprotect" and "Anker Voltageboost" to learn more about it.

Anker also offers 18 months warranty on their products and they have official presence in Nigeria.

Get yourself Anker chargers and save yourself a lot of headache.

Charge safely! Stay safe!
Re: 6 Things To Do When Your Phone Overheats While Charging by Chydobe: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Phone overheating could lead to; explosion, battery drainage or practically melting the central processing unit of your phone CPU. Click link below and see some of the reasons that could lead to phone overheating and you to end it immediately.

https://www.techlearnhow.com/2019/07/02/phone-overheating-reasons-for-cell-phone-overheating-how-to-stop-it/

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 2 (2gb, 4g Lte) Now Available At Slot / Lg Optimus L3 E400 (how To Increase Your Internal Storage Or Rom Space To 1GB) / Benefits Of Having A Verified Social Media Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.