Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,344 members, 7,829,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

What's Going On With Airtel Network? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's Going On With Airtel Network? (1769 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me / Awoof! Get 2,000naira With Just N100 On Airtel Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Going On With Airtel Network? by kennykendo(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2017
I should have called the topic 'Airtel; the scamphone network'. But I don't want to actually slander anyone. angry angry

For five months now; since January, Airtel in my area has been crappy for data and call purposes, mostly data. I currently reside in Aba Metropolis and before now, Airtel was the people’s choice for data bundles.

All we get here is 2G network or sometimes nothing despite the ‘claim’ of being a smartphone network. All day long we hardly never get the 3G or H+ signal, except from 12 midnight or some minutes past 11pm.. Even as I type this, I am currently battling with the network. Everyone knows Glo network a.k.a baba go slow, as a network that possesses this character but I’d say Airtel has joined the bandwagon.

I have called customer care reps for the umpteenth time and alerted them on twitter to complain and all they say is ‘we are looking into it’. Even if their servers are congested, five months is a time too enough for their engineers to get to work. All they are interested in is, to collect your money without quality assurance. On two occasions, my subscriptions have expired without my exhausting them which for me is inhumane. Their customer care agents aren’t helping either, all they do is end the calls from their end before you end your complaint. I have no problems with them as they are simply paid to voice out what has been handed to them in a template.

A lot of people in my area are quitting the use of their Airtel sims because of this issue, resulting to the use of another exploitative network MTN that milks you dry of your data even before switching on your data connection and I am doing same. We unfortunately live in a country where quality and assurance policies are taken with a pinch of salt and complaining about that is a spent bullet. Many of us clapped our hands when NCC dropped their toll free number 622, which for me has done nothing but retained an undeserving status quo.

Maybe in other locales, Airtel is the best. But Aba like Onitsha, is one of the commercial nerves of the Southern Nigeria and it is witnessing a less than steady network performance. This needs to be handled or else they’ll watch many people here disconnect from their network. Etisalat is a living witness of what poor customer base looks like.

To the mods this post needs to go viral, so that their staff on Nairaland, can see this and try to get things fixed.
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by divinehand2003(m): 4:11pm On May 27, 2017
My dear, to be frank, I don't understand Airtel Nigeria anymore. The network is fastly turning to Glo internet fraud. Even right there in the FCT, Airtel network is annoying.
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by TechPanda(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2017
Is it true that Multi Link still works in Aba?
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by kennykendo(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2017
TechPanda:
Is it true that Multi Link still works in Aba?

I am not sure bro.
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by kennykendo(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2017
divinehand2003:
My dear, to be frank, I don't understand Airtel Nigeria anymore. The network is fastly turning to Glo internet fraud. Even right there in the FCT, Airtel network is annoying.

They are no better than GLO network that will take 30mins+ to download a 10mb file
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 27, 2017
But airtel works fast here,about 500kbps
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by TechPanda(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2017
kennykendo:

I am not sure bro.

Okay, thanks.

Anyway, i lost 40MB to airtel yesterday. I Inserted The Sim Into My Moderm, Plugged It To My System. Only To Browse Fb. In 15 Minutes, Freebasic Started Loading.
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by NoWorries7(m): 5:10pm On May 27, 2017
True. Airtel is being very fraudulent these days... lost 700 naira day before yesterday to them... I'm done with them..
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by Sugarcious(m): 5:46pm On May 27, 2017
I have H+ signal here in calabar with my airtel network. Fast downloading speed. Same goes with my glo sim.
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by kennykendo(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2017
TechPanda:

Okay, thanks.

Anyway, i lost 40MB to airtel yesterday. I Inserted The Sim Into My Moderm, Plugged It To My System. Only To Browse Fb. In 15 Minutes, Freebasic Started Loading.

Sorry bro you never see nothing nothing
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by TechPanda(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2017
kennykendo:

Sorry bro you never see nothing nothing

Yeah, You Re Right. But With The Little Something I'Ve Seen, I Need No Further conviction.
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by Simeony007(m): 10:01pm On May 27, 2017
Don't know which desert you guys are replying from but here in lag am using their 2g plan to reply through tethering no case till now
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by Toluene7: 10:58am On May 28, 2017
kennykendo is this for real? i also experienced this type of issue sometimes ago... @airtel_care resolved the issue in less than a day. I will suggest you send them a tweet on their handle to get this resolved.
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by kennykendo(m): 1:40pm On May 28, 2017
Toluene7:
kennykendo is this for real? i also experienced this type of issue sometimes ago... @airtel_care resolved the issue in less than a day. I will suggest you send them a tweet on their handle to get this resolved.

bro on a weekly basis or anytime the crappy network annoys me, I tweet and call customer care

All I get is we are working on it.....

I am fed up with the network, must I stay up at night just because I want to browse .
It is rather silly of them. they have 'refreshed' my line so many times that I am now known as a regular there..

peeps in my area have disconnected their sims.
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by FrancisCAF: 2:46pm On May 28, 2017
Airtel speed in my area is wow
Re: What's Going On With Airtel Network? by yusfatedeeprof(m): 3:31pm On May 28, 2017
Airtel is really fast here..... 1.5mb/s on 3g

(1) (Reply)

Unable To Instal Google Play Store On My Zte.....pls Read And Advice. / 9mobile Celebrating Their 9th Anniversary / Where Can I Download Apps And Games For Android 2.3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.