Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost (72070 Views)

Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by lepasharon(f): 10:56pm On May 28, 2017
felixomor:
I can see on this thread how internet and nairaland has confused some people to think that they know anything about medicine.
Some will be busy diagnosing Hallucinations up and down.
Saying things they know absolutely nothing about.

Mscheww.

You that knows better, educate them
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by felixomor: 10:57pm On May 28, 2017
lepasharon:

You that knows better, educate them
Madam,
Are they ready to learn?
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by felixomor: 10:59pm On May 28, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They've been told that anything that impugns their beliefs should be rejected immediately and deemed irrational . They've been told also to make things up in other to protect their beliefs against anything contradictory . I'm certain 90 percent of them don't understand what it means to be hallucinating . grin

Honestly. If not 99%
Many of them dont even know the statistical occurence and incidence of Hallucinations.
Any cockroach, they just shout hallucination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:01pm On May 28, 2017
felixomor:

Honestly. If not 99%
Many of them dont even know the statistical occurence and incidence of Hallucinations.
Any cockroach, they just shout hallucination.

grin grin grin

As in . The whole thing tire me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by CatfishBilly: 11:05pm On May 28, 2017
lepasharon:

Lol OK... You think he took the right course of actions? Do you think he could have done anything better to save the patient? Could she have survived?
Truth is, she wouldn't have made it.
No way she came to the hospital after 3 days post surgery, it must have been longer than that.
That said, the doctor​ did the right thing, he promptly started antibiotics.
I've met consultant Surgeons and Physicians who don't give their patients Paracetamol, no matter how high the fever is as far as the person isn't a child and isn't having seizures, so, the one hour interval before the doctor gave the Paracetamol didn't make any difference.
An ICU and vigorous antibiotics and cardiovascular support might have given her a fighting chance, but at the end of the day, I'm sure she had SIRS (sepsis) and the mortality rate is very high.
I don't think the doctor did anything wrong considering the resources he has available to him.

3 Likes

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by famzynet: 11:06pm On May 28, 2017
Airforce1:

From what I read here, he's not even a qualified doctor yet they allowed him to treat on a patient in critical condition.

Where were the senior doctors at that he had to call them on phone to seek for guardance..

Or are they short staffed?
He is a qualified doctor but was only following the medical professional etiquettes of informing your senior colleagues when you see a bad case that the person may likely not make it. He was only making sure all grounds were covered by informing his senior colleagues. I am sure he even knew the woman had a poor chance. Such is the case with late presentation. The truth is that such case (sepsis) even with state of the arts equipment usually doesn't end well. It will take a miracle to survive such case in Nigeria based on our poorly equipped and government neglected hospitals. The doctor did what he could do with resources available to him.

2 Likes

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by musicwriter(m): 11:24pm On May 28, 2017
Reading through I find it funny how some people who aren't spiritual or haven't had similar encounters dismiss this kind of story as hallucination. My question to you all with that mindset; don't you know the difference between hallucination and reality? And, what makes you think you can determine for others what's hallucination and reality? The writer said "I opened the fridge and took out coke and drank, to be sure I was not dreaming". You ignored this and still insist it was hallucination.

This is just one of such realities you're missing out, cause you're spiritually dead. This condition means you're missing out on another dimension of existence enjoyed by others who either believe in God or are spiritual, or both. By the way, don't use science to justify your dead state of mind. Advanced science in quantum physics itself has confirmed we live in at least 9 dimensions, and that "there could be other people living with us right here on earth that we just can't see" and they can't see us either. I quoted here what a quantum physicist said in a TV documentary.

We simply live on one of such dimensions. And this means people living on other dimensions would also consider us humans as ghost.

Sighting of ghosts had been reported in America, Europe, Asia, Australia, South America. So, this has nothing to do with African belief system.

4 Likes

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:26pm On May 28, 2017
Airforce1:

From what I read here, he's not even a qualified doctor yet they allowed him to treat on a patient in critical condition.

Where were the senior doctors at that he had to call them on phone to seek for guardance..

Or are they short staffed?
your talk is off point sir
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by almarthins(m): 12:15am On May 29, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Ghost. Really ?
You're just dumb

Pele killer doc. Agent of Hades
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by bellenornor(f): 12:19am On May 29, 2017
victorDanladi:
You have problem.

you came up with the doctor incompetence you were busted.

you then came up with the number of doctors?

just rewrite UTME and spend 8years in medical school..
may be your own consultant will teach you:

-the pathogenesis of death
-Anti-death drug and its pharmacology
-Anti-deathoplasty,the procedure and complication.

It's better you just face your musical carrier!

His musical pedal too
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by newdawn2017(f): 12:27am On May 29, 2017
mekuzi09:
That could be a vision that was prompted by too much stress. Its more like light mode hallucination.
yesss! 4rm d stand point of Yahweh/Jehovah d only true living God of d source of life.
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by Debbime(f): 12:35am On May 29, 2017
Not only in medicine, if you work anywhere there is hierarchy, u can't just be making decisions on your own!!! In the bank, for example, u defer to your superiors a lit even if u know how to handle the issue, this usually saves ur head in case of troubles.

quote author=Ekinematics post=56934678]

Fool spotted.

It's obvious you know nothing about medicine.
That call the doctor put through saved his/her head.
In medicine there is hirachy and when you are in a general hospital or a teaching hospital for example, all patients belong to the consultant or whoever is the head of the team on call.
So I see nothing wrong done by the doctor.
Though that paracetamol came a little bit late.
Dokay you've done well, though you lost the patient, her death wasn't your fault.[/quote]
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by Debbime(f): 12:36am On May 29, 2017
Not only in medicine, if you work anywhere there is hierarchy, u can't just be making decisions on your own!!! In the bank, for example, u defer to your superiors a lit even if u know how to handle the issue, this usually saves ur head in case of troubles.

(quote author=Ekinematics post=56934678]

Fool spotted.

It's obvious you know nothing about medicine.
That call the doctor put through saved his/her head.
In medicine there is hirachy and when you are in a general hospital or a teaching hospital for example, all patients belong to the consultant or whoever is the head of the team on call.
So I see nothing wrong done by the doctor.
Though that paracetamol came a little bit late.
Dokay you've done well, though you lost the patient, her death wasn't your fault.[/quote]
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by DALE917(f): 12:42am On May 29, 2017
Lol

This one pass me oh

But, when a soul dies he faces judgement immediately
I think it's an evil spirit trying to play on your mental mind

1 Like

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by wjxavier(m): 12:48am On May 29, 2017
That's what demons do. They play on your feelings.

It knew you felt bad that she died. So it decided to harass you and guilt-trip you well.

Surely, maybe if you had applied your faith and prayers, she might have lived.
(That's the weakness of doctors -you forget you're gods too)

All of n all, it's meant to harass you. The woman was dead. 4 letters.
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by lexy2014: 1:13am On May 29, 2017
Airforce1:

How can a single doctor be handling a patient in critical condition?

Are they short staffed?
as u aware N3.8b allocated 2 aso rock clinic nobody goes to then billions more in Buhari in London season 1&2.
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by luminouz(m): 1:31am On May 29, 2017
DALE917:
Lol

This one pass me oh

But, when a soul dies he faces judgement immediately
I think it's an evil spirit trying to play on your mental mind
Really? So an evil spirit took over my grandpa's form to GREET me in SKUL? N wore his best clothes n shoes d same time he died in his own house some hundreds of kilometres away
Smh for u guys! No matter how u deny it the supernatural is real!!!
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by luminouz(m): 1:33am On May 29, 2017
wjxavier:
That's what demons do. They play on your feelings.

It knew you felt bad that she died. So it decided to harass you and guilt-trip you well.

Surely, maybe if you had applied your faith and prayers, she might have lived.
(That's the weakness of doctors -you forget you're gods too)

All of n all, it's meant to harass you. The woman was dead. 4 letters.
Lmaoooooo! Demons!!!!
U watch too many Nollywood movies bro!!!
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by mojounited(m): 1:35am On May 29, 2017
Billyonaire:
It's just a ghost, dont be too scared. Talk to the ghost and invite your spirit guide to help the woman cross the veil, that is the best thing you can do for her. If not, she might just be lurking around and haunting people.
You've been watching too much of "Supernatural" tv show grin
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by durodee(m): 1:37am On May 29, 2017
And in saner climes............

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by Culin(f): 2:48am On May 29, 2017
musicwriter:
Reading through I find it funny how some people who aren't spiritual or haven't had similar encounters dismiss this kind of story as hallucination. My question to you all with that mindset; don't you know the difference between hallucination and reality? And, what makes you think you can determine for others what's hallucination and reality? The writer said "I opened the fridge and took out coke and drank, to be sure I was not dreaming". You ignored this and still insist it was hallucination.

This is just one of such realities you're missing out, cause you're spiritually dead. This condition means you're missing out on another dimension of existence enjoyed by others who either believe in God or are spiritual, or both. By the way, don't use science to justify your dead state of mind. Advanced science in quantum physics itself has confirmed we live in at least 9 dimensions, and that there're other people living with us right here on earth that we can't see. We simply live on one of such dimensions.

Sights of ghosts had been reported in America, Europe, Asia, Australia, South America. So, this has nothing to do with African believe system.

Exactly! There are even equipments that can spot out ghosts by detecting heat signatures. Science proves that ghosts exist.

In order news i regret reading this post cos it's 02:48 amd i'm scared to hell.
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by bukiboy(m): 3:36am On May 29, 2017
duketude

it's all in your imagination, na your mind dey play tricks on you
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by bukiboy(m): 3:39am On May 29, 2017
Culin:

Exactly! There are even equipments that can spot out ghosts by detecting heat signatures. Science proves that ghosts exist.

In order news i regret reading this post cos it's 02:48 amd i'm scared to hell.

don't be scared, just close your eyes and sleep. take your mind off it

1 Like

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by jenkini(m): 4:10am On May 29, 2017
Hi I am a vet based in my experience as a vet if an animal is in shock the likelihood of gaining venous access is pretty slim,only when this occurs will I declare a case impossible. Even in such instances I try subcutaneous or intra peritoneal,these routes are usually slower but I hang on hope and try my best.

I will assume this case was handled with the usual degree of negligence we experience in Nigerian hospitals. This woman was conscious at the time she came in as confirmed by the author,she made coherent statements. She was also said to have died several hours after she came in. My question is, was she treated as an emergency case the moment she was diagnosed? My response based on how my dad was treated in a state hospital is probably not. Consultants take their time to respond, and their registrars (consultants in training) have to follow due process and protocol before they can proceed. This time interval usually may take hours in Nigeria.

Back to the basics, the longer a case of sepsis goes untreated the more complex the condition gets. The bacteria in the wound keep growing exponentially 1<<2<<4<<8<<64 imagine the growth rate. If it's a toxin producing bacteria which it likely is imagine the rate toxins will be produced. This is what eventually causes the shock that shuts down the organs.

The simple procedure is to give fluids the moment the patient gets into the ward to dilute off the toxins and concurrently administer a broad spectrum antibiotic. Next stage is to culture the bacteria should a more specific antibiotic be required.

Our emergency medicine should be better improved in Nigerian hospitals.

IamaNigerianGuy:

He did not put a call across to ask which drugs to administer. He called his senior colleagues to discuss management options in a complicated case. There is a big difference. This is acceptable practice everywhere in the world.

From his description of the case, the woman had SIRS (sepsis). Death commonly follows this condition even in the best equipped medical centers in the world.
So get your facts straight.
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by Culin(f): 5:03am On May 29, 2017
bukiboy:

don't be scared, just close your eyes and sleep. take your mind off it

Thank you
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by ifenes(m): 5:26am On May 29, 2017
"You felt sad and weak" after she died. Well you became connected to her frequency that's why you were able to see her. The problem with you humans is that you think you are alone on this plane of existence......it is far from that. We are not alone, we only experience what we can perceive. Lots of dead people who are yet to be accustomed to their new forms hang around. You didn't need to pray for her to go away, she was going to leave anyway.

Animals like dogs see these guys all the time, most times they let you know they are present. It shows humans know do little about the world they live in. Science is still a baby when it comes to ghosts and spirits.
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:25am On May 29, 2017
Princedapace:

All i see here is pride.. He maybe ignorant and u shouldnt have insulted his person before passing across your message.. Pride is too much in ur content and it seems u are a medical doctor..

Learn not to be wrong too while correcting a wrong..
This is coming frm one who has been insulting pple and their generations for calling Ojukwu, a man who led 2million pple to their deaths while he fled the country after defeat, a coward.
Nawao

3 Likes

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by raphy(m): 6:27am On May 29, 2017
So many funny PPl here.if he was very good in his job she would have live but he did his best.don't be afraid just pray she wount com again n fyn tym to see her children.
My late mum died in a hospital as well 2013 after doctor told us she will be better..I don't blame the Dr.they did there best .
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by Nobody: 6:31am On May 29, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Your posts are getting more irritating with every iteration.
The doctors management of this patient will pass the test of competence ANYWHERE in the world. If you have a better management plan given the history and presentation of the patient, please let us know.

Must you comment ? Especially on things you know nothing about?

You act surprise as if you no know say na dundee before
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by adellam16(f): 6:32am On May 29, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

They just come here to spew thrash. Most of them have not even successfully written jamb.

that wizkid wana be airforce 1 is a living example. Either he posts rubbish or comments mumuishly!smh
Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by Nobody: 6:33am On May 29, 2017
ifenes:
"You felt sad and weak" after she died. Well you became connected to her frequency that's why you were able to see her. The problem with you humans is that you think you are alone on this plane of existence......it is far from that. We are not alone, we only experience what we can perceive. Lots of dead people who are yet to be accustomed to their new forms hang around. You didn't need to pray for her to go away, she was going to leave anyway.

Animals like dogs see these guys all the time, most times they let you know they are present. It shows humans know do little about the world they live in. Science is still a baby when it comes to ghosts and spirits.

It's so unfair they can see us but we can't see them,I will love to speak with my mum again,just to know if she's comfortable at the other side.

1 Like

Re: Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost by adellam16(f): 6:34am On May 29, 2017
victorDanladi:
You have problem.

you came up with the doctor incompetence you were busted.

you then came up with the number of doctors?

just rewrite UTME and spend 8years in medical school..
may be your own consultant will teach you:

-the pathogenesis of death
-Anti-death drug and its pharmacology
-Anti-deathoplasty,the procedure and complication.

It's better you just face your musical carrier!

the dead musical carreer? b4! As he is not a smart guy he gat to find an easy way out. Which is music.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Christ Embassy Policy That's Tearing Families Apart / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Stephanie Otobo’s Claim That She’s Now ‘born Again / Apostle Johnson Suleman And His Police Escort Arrive Church Event In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.