Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs (31631 Views)

Kidnappers Who Abducted Twin Sisters Before Their Wedding, Arrested. Photos / Release Me And I'll Turn A Pastor, Says Teenage Student Robber Caught With Guns / Kidnapper Evans Hires SAN, Sues IGP, 3 Others: "Release Me Or Charge Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by mezynaija(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2017
A suspected oil thief, Ikechukwu Onyenze, who is currently in the custody of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Rivers State Command, has begged to be released so that he can attend his traditional wedding.

Onyenze, who spoke with newsmen in Port Harcourt, lamented that his absence at his marriage ceremony would negatively affect his person.

He added that he would appreciate a temporary freedom by the civil defence.

The suspect, who is a 35-year-old heavy duty vehicle mechanic from Abia State, told The Punch on Friday that the marriage ceremony was to hold on Saturday (today).

Denying that he was into oil theft, Onyenze said he was inside a petrol tanker before being arrested because the driver called him to come and carry out some repairs on the vehicle.

“It was a friend of mine who was driving the tanker. He called me that he had problem with the Civil Defence. He also said the vehicle was having break problem. So, it was when I came to help him that I was arrested. That’s how I know about this truck.

“As of the time of arrest, we were inside the truck, including the driver of the truck. I am a heavy duty mechanic. During the time of the arrest, the driver and the two conductors escaped.

“I am about to marry. My traditional marriage is on Saturday; this coming Saturday. My shop is at Obigbo; by Health Centre in Iriebe. If they (NSCDC) can permit me to go and be part of my marriage ceremony, I will be happy.

“I have left everything in the hand of God; He knows the best. I feel so bad that I will not be able to be present at my marriage ceremony. My advice to people is to avoid this kind of situation,” Onyenze said.

Speaking on the arrest of the suspect, the Rivers State Commandant of the NSCDC, Mohammed Haruna, described him as a notorious oil bunkerer, who once escaped from operatives of the corps.

Haruna also dismissed Onyenze’s plea to be freed so that he (suspect) would be able to attend his traditional marriage ceremony as a ploy to whip up sympathy.

“The man had been arrested before and he escaped. He is a notorious oil bunkerer. We were able to arrest him again. He escaped and went back to the crime of oil theft, but we have got hold of him. This time around, he will face the law.

“On his claim about marriage, it is false. We have not been able to verify his claim. He is just trying to whip up sympathy. Even the address he gave as a place he operates a shop is false. Our investigation is still ongoing and he would be charged to court at the end of investigation,” the state NSCDC commandant said.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2017/05/please-release-me-to-attend-my-wedding.html

2 Likes

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Angeleena(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2017
smh.. Haruna would never believe u...leave criminal practices, una no wan hear..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:04pm On May 27, 2017
Who believe deveropers these days?

Release him and see him in Malaysia

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by viceldo(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2017
you should have thought of your wedding before involving in this act....

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Jabioro: 6:39pm On May 27, 2017
Na today ,your pussy no dey go any where.. Whenever you finished serving hour warrant, you still find fresh keke.. Calm down..

1 Like

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:13pm On May 27, 2017
mezynaija:

Onyenze, who spoke with newsmen in Port Harcourt, lamented that[b] his absence at his marriage ceremony would negatively affect his person.[/b]

Bwaaaah... And being a thief won't affect negatively his life?! Nonsense!

If you can't do the time, don't do the damn crime.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 27, 2017
They should organize the wedding for him inside the prison yard.

NCAN motto : When there is name, there is work to do.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by brunofarad(m): 10:04pm On May 27, 2017
grin

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Airforce1(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2017
I feel for him
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Ussy4real(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2017
Nigeria kenan.. So many drama
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by AngelicBeing: 10:05pm On May 27, 2017
Hian, release you to go and do your wedding, are you for real, you will do your wedding in police cell and if convicted you will do reception in jail, do the crime , do the time, no sympathy from me to economic thieves and looters whose actions directly & indirectly affect the masses, he should be flogged with 90,000 lashes with hard labor , where is my cane to flog these criminal sad

14 Likes

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Ezedon(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2017
No need to release him, let him remain there
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by NwaObinkita: 10:05pm On May 27, 2017
angry

God punish Civil Defense people.
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by PearlStreet(m): 10:06pm On May 27, 2017
Supporters of criminals, descendants of Judas Iscariot, Followers of Shuku Abuke Alawada, Developers of prisons all over the world,

Over to you!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Kingxway: 10:07pm On May 27, 2017
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by PMWSpirit(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2017
If you cannot attend the wedding . Then your wife and family should bring the occasion to you in jail

Like my mom use to say if the mountain cannot come to Muhammad . Then Muhammad should go to the mountain ( in badoos voice ) pepper dem traditional wedding
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by leofab(f): 10:09pm On May 27, 2017
Let him
Go
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by cathodekazim: 10:09pm On May 27, 2017
its simple . postpone d wedding n sort urself out

but women sabi do quick withdrawal method

click lik if u think d wife to b will pull out f d weddin, share if otherwise

1 Like

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by demarc001: 10:10pm On May 27, 2017
This matta na dont rush to conclusion
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 27, 2017
Nairaland, Tribalism will take us no where.... this menace has now spilled over to vanguard, bellanaija , Lindaikejiblog etc

#SayNoToTribalism

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by demarc001: 10:12pm On May 27, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Hian, release you to go and do your wedding, are you for real, you will do your wedding in police cell and if convicted you will do reception in jail, do the crime , do the time, no sympathy from me to economic thieves and looters whose actions directly & indirectly affect the masses, he should be flogged with 90,000 lashes with hard labor , where is my cane to flog this criminal sad

Did you read that he not yet convicted?
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by maxwell767(m): 10:12pm On May 27, 2017
lipsrsealed
Maybe he wanted to make money to spend on his so called wedding... lipsrsealed
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by demarc001: 10:13pm On May 27, 2017
Navwa oo
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by AngelicBeing: 10:14pm On May 27, 2017
demarc001:

Did you read that he not yet convicted?
l read it, he will be convicted , did you read the part that says he was arrested before for similar offence, he is a serial offender and he deserves all he gets, he should be flogged 800,000 lashes daily and jailed, nonsense wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by crazyABO(m): 10:14pm On May 27, 2017
Hang in dre buddy cheesy if ur wife truly loves u and she's not after ur money she will come and join u dre so u could do ur better for worse angry Omo ole undecided
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by demarc001: 10:15pm On May 27, 2017
leofab:
Let him
Go
Madam enyashi oma
Re: Please Release Me To Attend My Wedding, Arrested Oil Thief Suspect Begs by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:17pm On May 27, 2017
Oil Thief.

If these MOFOs see oil thieves will they wait.

How can you just pick a civilian and call him an oil thief. He wasnt even in the act of steling so why call him a thief.

These guys are just looking for cheap publicity at the xpense of innocent civilians.

This civil defence guys will not stand for a second if the come in contact with a real oil thief. Dem go die pieces.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Nabbed In India With 155.5 Grams Of Cocaine (photos) / Oba Adewale Sunday Boboye Jailed For 10 Years For Damaging Church Properties / Man Arrested By NDLEA While Sleeping Near Indian Hemp Farm In Edo. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.