Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Question For Catholic Igbo Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Question For Catholic Igbo Men (3780 Views)

5 Reasons Most Igbo Men Don't Live To See Their Grandchildren / Man Pictured Gropping His Wife's Butt Infront Of A Catholic Church / Zimbabwean Catholic Sister Has Sex With Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 27, 2017
What is it about a girl being catholic and Igbo before you can marry her undecided

The Igbo men from other denominations are not like that but the ones in Catholic Church just have these rules it's so suspicious like there's something occult about it...

It's far from getting married to someone with whom you're compatible, most times that's the only compatibility between them - they're both from the same place and are Catholic

It just doesn't make sense to me...

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 10:15pm On May 27, 2017
Babe relax.. I am Igbo and catholic and I don't even intend marrying an Igbo girl in the first place...

5 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 27, 2017
Catholic is the best Church that's why, if you want to marry my Igbo brothers you better be prepared to change to Catholic Church or sorry is your name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 10:17pm On May 27, 2017
Although sometimes the reason why this is so is because you ladies are not willing to worship with the catholic man in his church when you both have gotten married..

No man wants a house of division.. Can two people come together if they don't agree?

So please don't blame them... If you say you love him enough then you attend his church

8 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
Babe relax.. I am Igbo and catholic and I don't even intend marrying an Igbo girl in the first place...

You're one in hundred. So, I can't relax o

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2017
Thoniameek:

You're one in hundred. So, I can't relax o
lol still relax... My mum wasn't a catholic when she married my dad but now she is the cwo president in my catholic church and in fact, she is enjoying it... As I am talking to you now, the deanery president chose her to travel with her to Rome for a one month visitation to the Vatican...

So , you never know where God wants to take you to... Just keep an open mind.. In case you dey find husband.. I dey grin

3 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
Although sometimes the reason why this is so is because you ladies are not willing to worship with the catholic man in his church when you both have gotten married..

No man wants a house of division.. Can two people come together if they don't agree?

So please don't blame them... If you say you love him enough then you attend his church

To these set of Igbo men I'm talking about eh, the only agreement that matters to them is the church and where you're from

Don't care if you genuinely love them or not and a host of other things

The only thing holding these marriages is the Catholic Church and elders in the village

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
lol still relax... My mum wasn't a catholic when she married my dad but now she is the cwo president in my catholic church and in fact, she is enjoying it... As I am talking to you now, the deanery president chose her to travel with her to Rome for a one month visitation to the Vatican...

So , you never know where God wants to take you to... Just keep an open mind.. In case you dey find husband.. I dey grin

Oh well! Good for your mother

I've lost three relationships to this nonsense

I'm not Igbo and I cannot be Catholic

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 10:32pm On May 27, 2017
Thoniameek:

To these set of Igbo men I'm talking about eh, the only agreement that matters to them is the church and where you're from

Don't care if you genuinely love them or not and a host of other things

The only thing holding these marriages is the Catholic Church and elders in the village
lol Thonia, you are still worrying yaself... I told you not to worry anymore...
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 10:33pm On May 27, 2017
Thoniameek:

oya no wahala... That is not a problem... Can I contact you privately
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
lol Thonia, you are still worrying yaself... I told you not to worry anymore...

I want answers. I'm not satisfied yet

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 10:36pm On May 27, 2017
Thoniameek:

I want answers. I'm not satisfied yet
ok let me be straight with you...

The catholic church does not allow catholic men to marry outside the church... Their kids won't be baptized in the Catholic faith... There you go

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Cuddlebugie(f): 10:40pm On May 27, 2017
You can only get the answer you seek in the religion section. The guys there are something else. I can't help but marvel at their fanaticism. It's like they breathe catholicism.

5 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Ifakiland(m): 10:41pm On May 27, 2017
Catholic is a cult.

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
oya no wahala... That is not a problem... Can I contact you privately

Sure you can
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 10:44pm On May 27, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
You can only get the answer you seek in the religion section. The guys there are something else. I can't help but marvel at their fanaticism. It's like they breathe catholicism.
not every Catholic is a fanatic.. I don't even take it so extreme.. My own is just to base my lifestyle on the new commandment of Christ... That's all..

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
ok let me be straight with you...

The catholic church does not allow catholic men to marry outside the church... Their kids won't be baptized in the Catholic faith... There you go

And that's it? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 10:50pm On May 27, 2017
Thoniameek:

And that's it? Na wa o
yes, and the rest I have mentioned previously....
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
yes, and the rest I have mentioned previously....

I don't think that's enough reason to end a relationship you've clearly invested so much in

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by thorpido(m): 10:52pm On May 27, 2017
Thoniameek:

It's a good thing you know now.There's no point accepting dates from guys who are catholics and Igbos.They usually won't compromise due to the Catholic church rules.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Cuddlebugie(f): 10:53pm On May 27, 2017
dingbang:
not every Catholic is a fanatic.. I don't even take it so extreme.. My own is just to base my lifestyle on the new commandment of Christ... That's all..
You can only speak for yourself. Most catholics are extremists (pardon my word choice). They won't meet you halfway,.lailai........... You hear stories like, 'my dad won't allow me marry you cuz you aren't a catholic(girl to boy), 'you have to put aside your religious belief and embrace Catholicism if you want this relationship to work', 'no, you can't be a pentecostal while i'm a catholic, it's absurd', and all that crap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 27, 2017
thorpido:
It's a good thing you know now.There's no point accepting dates from guys who are catholics and Igbo's.They usually won't compromise due to the Catholic church rules.

True...

But I just wonder why so many grown men would allow church elders take away what makes them happy

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 11:01pm On May 27, 2017
Thoniameek:

I don't think that's enough reason to end a relationship you've clearly invested so much in
well some men can be pretty funny...
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by dingbang(m): 11:06pm On May 27, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
You can only speak for yourself. Most catholics are extremists (pardon my word choice). They won't meet you halfway,.lailai........... You hear stories like, 'my dad won't allow me marry you cuz you aren't a catholic(girl to boy), 'you have to put aside your religious belief and embrace Catholicism if you want this relationship to work', 'no, you can't be a pentecostal while i'm a catholic, it's absurd', and all that crap.
same with other denominations as well...

2 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by shevon: 6:01am On May 28, 2017
My father was a Catholic, then became a Muslim and now is back in the Catholic church, and was married to my mum, who is a Presbyterian. I grew up a Catholic and I'm married to a Yoruba woman whose father own a Church.
I think it's all about the individual, we all have different perspective to life and religion. What I might think is sacrosanct may be seen as secular by the next person. So, don't give up hope of marrying an Igbo man who is Catholic and does not care if you are of the same faith or otherwise, we plenty out here.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by stunningjudy(f): 9:57am On May 28, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
So Pentecostals don't do same? I have a friend who swore never to marry a Catholic because she is a Pentecostal member, infact dating criteria is non-Catholic. The world will be a better place when we all mind our business, believe whatever you want and I do same.

3 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by stunningjudy(f): 10:01am On May 28, 2017
Thoniameek:

Life isn't so difficult, if you cannot be Catholic, don't bother dating them then turn around to complain. The same way you cannot be Catholic is the same way they cannot marry you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:25am On May 28, 2017
stunningjudy:

Life isn't so difficult, if you cannot be Catholic, don't bother dating them then turn around to complain. The same way you cannot be Catholic is the same way they cannot marry you.

Yes Ma'am
Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 10:36am On May 28, 2017
I ask that we put aside sentiments when we want to answer questions that were honestly asked.

When you come in contact with someone you like I don't think the first thing that comes to mind is where they worship

And it's not in my place to be on the lookout for such criteria as I'm not the that it is important to

Those guys should stay away from girls like us or let us know from the onset

1 Like

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by SirVintageCock: 12:38pm On May 28, 2017
Thoniameek:
I ask that we put aside sentiments when we want to answer questions that were honestly asked.

When you come in contact with someone you like I don't think the first thing that comes to mind is where they worship

And it's not in my place to be on the lookout for such criteria as I'm not the that it is important to

Those guys should stay away from girls like us or let us know from the onset
You want someone to put aside sentiments before answering your shitty questions while your posts are filled with nuances projected to catholics. Double standard you're playing here.

Leave catholics alone if you no wan join them. Why the lamentations You won't budge or meet the guy halfway but you expect the poor bastard to budge. Dem never baptised the catholic m'fucker that will budge to the whims and tantrums of crazy ass b!tches like you.

9 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 28, 2017
SirVintageCock:
You want someone to put aside sentiments before answering your shitty questions while your posts are filled with nuances projected to catholics. Double standard you're playing here.

Leave catholics alone if you no wan join them. Why the lamentations You won't budge or meet the guy halfway but you expect the poor bastard to budge. Dem never baptised the catholic m'fucker that will budge to the whims and tantrums of crazy ass b!tches like you.

I beg you would speak to me with a little respect for the sake of the women in your life both in the past and the future

I have nothing against Catholic Church. I was brought up there

Baptized and was half through confirmation when I left

The essence of my question is to make it known to Catholic Igbo men that it would be better to let the woman know from the very beginning

2 Likes

Re: Question For Catholic Igbo Men by SirVintageCock: 1:07pm On May 28, 2017
Thoniameek:

I beg you would speak to me with a little respect for the sake of the women in your life both in the past and the future

I have nothing against Catholic Church. I was brought up there

Baptized and was half through confirmation when I left

The essence of my question is to make it known to Catholic Igbo men that it would be better to let the woman know from the very beginning
Letting you know what Hmmm. Is it letting you know what is so obvious or what?? Once bitten twice shy.......hmmm. It happened to you thrice and you are still asking same question. I'd say that you are not smart or maybe a bigot spoiling for a showdown with Igbomen in the ring.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Please Is This An Hiv Infection?? Symptoms Inside / “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady / Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.