Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Small Web Design Outfit Needs A Proficient Web Developer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Small Web Design Outfit Needs A Proficient Web Developer (911 Views)

Need A Very Cheap Hosting For A Small Web Project? Just 2k / My Small Web Project :: Webmasters See Dis. / Female Marketer 4 My Web Design Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Web Design Outfit Needs A Proficient Web Developer by petres007(m): 1:49pm On Jan 16, 2010
Hello,

Are you a web developer? Would you like to work with a small lagos-based web design outfit on a per-project basis?

We need someone who can easily & quickly develop functional and decent-looking dynamic/database-drvien websites.

If you answered yes to these questions, please contact me via email ASAP with samples of your past work.

The email address is: mgrl7@yahoo.com
Re: Small Web Design Outfit Needs A Proficient Web Developer by Afam(m): 11:57am On Jan 17, 2010
petres_007:

Hello,

Are you a web developer? Would you like to work with a small lagos-based web design outfit on a per-project basis?

We need someone who can easily & quickly develop functional and decent-looking dynamic/database-drvien websites at very low costs per project.

If you answered yes to these questions, please contact me via email ASAP with samples of your past work.

The email address is: mgrl7@yahoo.com

Content in bold refers, someone that can easily and quickly do what you put down above would most likely have very good experience and skill set about developing dynamic/database driven websites so the part where you stated very low cost may be your undoing.

Just like you cannot buy a hummer jeep with the amount good enough for a volkswagen beetle you cannot get fully functional database driven websites at very low prices especially when you are not talking about a single solution that would be sold to millions of people.

I needed to clarify this because chances are you would come back here in future to complain about the quality of work by Nigerian developers if they agree to work at very low costs and are unable to deliver on what you want.

There is what is called appropriate pricing, understand it and stick to it and you will hardly run into problems with people or projects.

Many thanks for your time and feel free to discard the above if need be.
Re: Small Web Design Outfit Needs A Proficient Web Developer by petres007(m): 7:09pm On Jan 17, 2010
Afam:

Content in bold refers, someone that can easily and quickly do what you put down above would most likely have very good experience and skill set about developing dynamic/database driven websites so the part where you stated very low cost may be your undoing.

Just like you cannot buy a hummer jeep with the amount good enough for a volkswagen beetle you cannot get fully functional database driven websites at very low prices especially when you are not talking about a single solution that would be sold to millions of people.

I needed to clarify this because chances are you would come back here in future to complain about the quality of work by Nigerian developers if they agree to work at very low costs and are unable to deliver on what you want.

There is what is called appropriate pricing, understand it and stick to it and you will hardly run into problems with people or projects.

Many thanks for your time and feel free to discard the above if need be.

Afam,

Thanks a bunch for pointing that out! grin

I'll modify my post accordingly.
Re: Small Web Design Outfit Needs A Proficient Web Developer by yawatide(f): 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2010
As I have always said, the way you say things can either make someone move mountains (even for free) or sit there and look at you like a mugu.

When I see words like "very low cost", that right there is a turn off. That by no means implies that I wouldn't do the work for peanuts but when you come out plainly and say it, I guess to me it comes off as an insult, no offense.

Certain words are meant for private conversation ("hey, I know you are probably worth a lot and take pride in what you do but we are a start up and in need of funds so all we can afford to pay is (your amount here)". There, again within the confines of a private conversation, that sounds much better doesn't it? cool)

If you need help with something, just lay it out as you want it and leave the details for the one-on-ones.
Re: Small Web Design Outfit Needs A Proficient Web Developer by petres007(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
Yawa,

Thanks for your input! Please understand that I never meant to be insultive. Its just that some folks like to be told upfront what they're getting into and others can be very difficult to persuade when it comes to pricing. but your approach seems better and I'll adjust accordingly.

Thanks again!
Re: Small Web Design Outfit Needs A Proficient Web Developer by Afam(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2010
You may as well state the minimum offer for such dynamic/database driven websites or a range so that developers would decide whether to get in touch or not.

After all you may see N250,000.00 as very low price, who knows?

(1) (Reply)

Gmail Issues / Our Reseller Web Host Is Growing. / Nairaland Search Bug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.