Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking (5945 Views)

Valentines Day Dessert-encourage D Children To Make This 4U-NO COOKING NECESSARY / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / List Of Foods That Require No Cooking And Less Chewing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Mekusxyz: 12:17am On Jan 21, 2010
MsTom:

Sounds like a genetically altered rice to me. No way am I gonna eat that. Cooked organic foods all the way

What do you have against genetically altered rice? And that is even when it is not known if the rice is a GM one?
Please enlighten some NL who may not know. Thanks
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Biabeke(f): 4:06am On Jan 21, 2010
That does not sound too good. I am a Food Science major, but I have to admit that food scientists are becoming increasingly fixated on the monetary value of food than the health of consumers. I would rather stick to what I am familiar with. embarassed
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Omoso(m): 8:57am On Jan 21, 2010
Dem dey soak am with water drink am with sugar like garry. ?
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by layinx(f): 10:27am On Jan 21, 2010
Indian scientists claim to have developed a rice variety that requires no cooking, only soaking in water.
smiley

Ok. My question is : hot or cold water?
and what really is the point if it takes as long as 45mins.
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by calabaman(m): 11:06am On Jan 21, 2010
What a load of crap, For all am concerned this is cancer waitin 2happen
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Mekusxyz: 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2010
Biabeke:

That does not sound too good. I am a Food Science major, but I have to admit that food scientists are becoming increasingly fixated on the monetary value of food than the health of consumers. I would rather stick to what I am familiar with. embarassed

Chemically-modified food-which is all over the place- and biologically-modified food (e.g. GM food) which is better?
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by DAVE5(m): 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2010
if hin no be panadol hin no fit be panadol.if hin no be cooked rice hin no fit be eatable rice.
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Tcrack(m): 9:26am On Jan 22, 2010
rice we you go chop finish begin porge.I pity una
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by bandely(m): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
Ijekuje! angry angry
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by ehie007(m): 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2010
Why soak rice for 45mins wen u can cook in 15mins.
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by ehie007(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
Why soak rice for 45mins wen u can cook in 15mins.
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Tes2(m): 9:21am On Jan 23, 2010
Thats what I am talkhng about
New century new development
science fiction now a reality
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Gamine(f): 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2010
The Time it takes to soak sends this idea into irrelevance.
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2010
^^^^

butta - u never cook beans for hostel cheesy
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by Gamine(f): 1:33am On Jan 26, 2010
Lol, gratefully no grin
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by alldone(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2010
well we need to know how it works dont jugde something without seeing it. let your jugdment be on fact and not speculations. let us see how it is.
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On Jan 29, 2010
I won't be eating that rice least I get a stomach ache.
Re: Scientists Develop Rice That Requires No Cooking by yesboss20(m): 4:12pm On Aug 19, 2010
That's interesting. Science and technology will continue to evolve so we gotta brace ourselves for some brilliant advances.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? / Chicken Curry / 5 Best Trending Air Fryers For Your Home - Features And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.