Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred (2163 Views)

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group / What I Will Do To El-rufai For Calling Me ‘tribal Bigot’- Peter Obi / Look At Original Map Of Ethnic Groups Of Hausa Igbo Yoruba In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by UnchangeableGod: 1:35pm On May 28, 2017
I have observed that some people's pastime on nairaland is spewing ethnic hatred. Some cannot make a simple comment without giving it an ethnic colouration. Everything is seen from a bigoted point of view. To say the least, this is shameful, disgusting and nauseating. I am not inferring that we should not voice our differences. It is not out of place to offer a divergent opinion but such should be made with decorum without insults and ethnic tag. All these trading of insults on IPOB, Afonja, Aboki, Almajari and all such nonsense are not sensible in my opinion. Please, enough of all that. I have this feeling that some are paid to attach ethnic undertone to every opinion that is not in favour of their paymasters. Let us stop supporting such with our likes and favourable comments. Silence should be the best answer. You can differ but do so with maturity, without insults and ethnic/religious innuendoes. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by tokodekehinde(m): 1:41pm On May 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
I have observed that some people's pastime on nairaland is spewing ethnic hatred. Some cannot make a simple comment without giving it an ethnic colouration. Everything is seen from a bigoted point of view. To say the least, this is shameful, disgusting and nauseating. I am not inferring that we should not voice our differences. It is not out of place to offer a divergent opinion but such should be made with decorum without insults and ethnic tag. All these trading of insults on IPOB, Afonja, Aboki, Almajari and all such nonsense are not sensible in my opinion. Please, enough of all that. I have this feeling that some are paid to attach ethnic undertone to every opinion that is not in favour of their paymasters. Let us stop supporting such with our likes and favourable comments. Silence should be the best answer. You can differ but do so with maturity, without insults and ethnic/religious innuendoes. God bless you all.

Let love reign all the way... Let's believe in the sanctity of humanity and the bond of togetherness in the midst of cultural diversity

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 28, 2017
The country is on the verge of a major realignment and the Igbos are insulting the yorubas with renewed vigor without facing the Hausas who are the main obstacle to the much needed restructuring. The yorubas can't be expected to sit back and get insulted for something they know nothing about.

We have agreed that the Igbos should be allowed to go for peace to reign. I assure you that the Yorubas will fight the Hausa tooth and nail to allow the Igbos go. This is not 1967.

12 Likes

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by EmekaBlue(m): 1:54pm On May 28, 2017
Since when is Aboki insult? I thought it means *friend

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by UnchangeableGod: 2:12pm On May 28, 2017
tokodekehinde:

Let love reign all the way... Let's believe in the sanctity of humanity and the bond of togetherness in the midst of cultural diversity
Thank you very much sir. Whether we are to stay together or be apart (as God wants it), it does not call for hatred and animosity. After all, some of us are into inter-tribal marriages. So we have in-laws from all divides. We equally have friends and associates from other countries and races. Say no to tribal hatred.

3 Likes

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by technicallyrich(m): 2:13pm On May 28, 2017
That is because we are not one,never was and never will be.and the politicians are not helpin matter.how will you fell if only your family is feeding your entire village and instead of thanking you by Atleast giving you the largest share,they are killing your family members.that is the story of ss and se.
We can never be one untill yorubas start contributing something to these nation other than treachery.
We can not be one until the northerners.start contributin something other than killing us for helping to feed and care for them.
In summary we are just trying to be civill when we come outside but deep down se and ss hate the northerners and yorubas for betraying and they hate us too for been too blessed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Guestlander: 2:15pm On May 28, 2017
technicallyrich:
That is because we are not one,never was and never will be.and the politicians are not helpin matter.how will you fell if only your family is feeding your entire village and instead of thanking you by Atleast giving you the largest share,they are killing your family members.that is the story of ss and se.
We can never be one untill yorubas start contributing something to these nation other than treachery.
We can not be one until the northerners.start contributin something other than killing us for helping to feed and care for them.
In summary we are just trying to be civill when we come outside but deep down se and ss hate the northerners and yorubas for betraying and they hate us too for been too blessed

What exactly are you contributing to this "family"? Please be clear, I only need to know your contributions and nothing else.
You can save the hatred for another day.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by reptile1: 2:18pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:
The country is on the verge of a major realignment and the Igbos are insulting the yorubas with renewed vigor without facing the Hausas who are the main obstacle to the much needed restructuring. The yorubas can't be expected to sit back and get insulted for something they know nothing about.

We have agreed that the Igbos should be allowed to go for peace to reign. I assure you that the Yorubas will fight the Hausa tooth and nail to allow the Igbos go. This is not 1967.

Yorubas fight hausa for igbos to go? U are cunningly funny cos we know your antics.
Good and fine this is not 1967

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Justuceleague2: 2:19pm On May 28, 2017
One good turn deserves the other

If they stop Yoruba will stop
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Flatties: 2:20pm On May 28, 2017
technicallyrich:

So Igbos are the saints and perfect tribe here...

Well following your line of thought:
We cannot be one until igbos stop crime and all manners of vices they engage in within and outside the country, thereby smearing our"family" name and bringing us disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by technicallyrich(m): 2:21pm On May 28, 2017
Guestlander:

What exactly are you contributing to this "family"? Please be clear, I only need to know your contributions and nothing else.
You can save the hatred for another day.

I am from Niger delta and not just that the richest part of the rich region.and my father's property belongs to me.the oil which is feeding the jungle belongs to us.
Now what are you cowards in ibadan and west contributing other than been slaves to illiterate and even help them sale their cow meat in the public market.i want to know your contribution clown

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by UnchangeableGod: 2:21pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:

From what I have read, both sides (and other ethnic groups too) are at fault. It is also possible that some who are neither of the two major southern Nigerian tribes (considering that this is a faceless forum) pretend to be of one of them in order to continue festering the feud. Enough of ethnic hatred both on and off-line. This is my plea.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 28, 2017
reptile1:

Yorubas fight hausa for igbos to go? U are cunningly funny cos we know your antics.
Good and fine this is not 1967

Yes brother. At least I know the christians amongst us will give u safe passage for you to go home and advocate a non violent disintegration by the Igbos. We won't rest on our oars till the Igbo's are allowed to leave our lands peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by UnchangeableGod: 2:33pm On May 28, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Since when is Aboki insult? I thought it means *friend
Sir, it depends on the context. It depends on what leads you calling one or people from the North an aboki or abokis. Is it a friendly discussion,
a commendation, a statement of fact without negative insinuation or an outright castigation of one from that region or their people as a group? You should know.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Guestlander: 2:47pm On May 28, 2017
technicallyrich:

I am from Niger delta and not just that the richest part of the rich region.and my father's property belongs to me.the oil which is feeding the jungle belongs to us.
Now what are you cowards in ibadan and west contributing other than been slaves to illiterate and even help them sale their cow meat in the public market.i want to know your contribution clown

Did your father put the oil in the soil or did his money or labour brought it up to be sold? You lazy loafers, did anyone in your generation put the oil there?

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 28, 2017
seun is making money from.

the mods are biased.. and pro government.. pro west.. pro islam/muslim.

the masses are awaken to the reality of the nigeria political structure.

government stop history studies from schools..so lots of ignorant kids..

there's no point of unity in nigerian..among tribes..

finally the gang up/propagandist against Jonathan's government .. only for nigerians to port from flying pan straight to burning furnace.

the president dividing the country among 97/5.

arrest of Kanu..
Ipob awareness..
Fulani herdsmen going rogue.. with government cover support.

all this among others gave birth hardcore
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by technicallyrich(m): 2:54pm On May 28, 2017
Guestlander:

Did your father put the oil in the soil or did his money brought it up to be sold? You lazy loafers did anyone in your generation put the oil there?
Soon you will know when we get our country.the first thing we would do is to fight a war with you cowards and take you people as slaves to help us do our menial jobs.
Remember you people are cowards and will pee in your pant if the northerners are not supporting you in a war.
If queen amina can kill your men like chiken then what we real warriors do.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:54pm On May 28, 2017
If it tribalism here, it is not your place to solve it. You can't solve it. You are not in position to.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by EmekaBlue(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
Sir, it depends on the context. It depends on what leads you calling one or people from the North an aboki or abokis. Is it a friendly discussion,
a commendation, a statement of fact without negative insinuation or an outright castigation of one from that region or their people as a group? You should know.
OK sir
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Guestlander: 3:07pm On May 28, 2017
technicallyrich:

Soon you will know when we get our country.the first thing we would do is to fight a war with you cowards and take you people as slaves to help us do our menial jobs.
Remember you people are cowards and will pee in your pant if the northerners are not supporting you in a war.
If queen amina can kill your men like chiken then what we real warriors do.

Lmao, you need to start today, not tomorrow. What are you waiting for? You don't even need to fight any war, all you have to do is yell at us and we will scurry away like cowards, abi? What are you waiting for, abi you no fit yell as well?

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by PoisonedOne: 3:15pm On May 28, 2017
Ethnic bigotry thrives because we're mentally unstable (our mindset in Naija is very weird) , we lack tolerance and civility (the fact you don't like someone doesn't mean you can't respect him), religiously bankrupt (we don't practise what we preach; we often find Christians wishing their perceived enemies harm as if that is what the Bible preaches).

I think our main problem is our mindset ; there are so much at stake. We lack so much rational upbringing with most of us thinking others hate us.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by UnchangeableGod: 4:26pm On May 28, 2017
Igbos:

We cannot be one until igbos stop crime and all manners of vices they engage in within and outside the country, thereby smearing our"family" name and bringing us disgrace.
There you go again. I thought the Igbos are saying they don't want to be one family with you any longer.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by UnchangeableGod: 4:27pm On May 28, 2017
Igbos:

There you go again. I thought the Igbos are saying they don't want to be one family with you any longer.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by UnchangeableGod: 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
PoisonedOne:
Ethnic bigotry thrives because we're mentally unstable (our mindset in Naija is very weird) , we lack tolerance and civility (the fact you don't like someone doesn't mean you can't respect him), religiously bankrupt (we don't practise what we preach; we often find Christians wishing their perceived enemies harm as if that is what the Bible preaches).

I think our main problem is our mindset ; there are so much at stake. We lack so much rational upbringing with most of us thinking others hate us.
I am on the same page with you on this.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 28, 2017
technicallyrich:

Ode, you don't contribute anything. Did you use your money to develop the oil and gas fields? Broke ass claiming oyel...
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Flatties: 4:35pm On May 28, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
There you go again. I thought the Igbos are saying they don't want to be one family with you?

Go back and read what I was replying to,read my post again then quote me.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by UnchangeableGod: 4:42pm On May 28, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If it tribalism here, it is not your place to solve it. You can't solve it. You are not in position to.
It appears you are one of those profiting from the hate business. I am not claiming to be is in a position to stop it. It is like a preacher. He can only preach, he can't convert. I think our leaders should be in a position to achieve this, to an extent. Alas, they preach so much love and unity but their actions divide rather than heal.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2017
Sit down and be humble....
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I know you won't get to orgasm....without mentioning igbos. Always playing the victim. Abeg park one side like heap of trash.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by SuperS1Panther: 5:42pm On May 28, 2017
We have been defeating the Osus since 1960s till date.

Taunting them on NL (a forum own by a Yoruba man) is our hobby. At a point in time, they left to even form BiafraTown and Biafraland fora, it all failed.

They started it and we have taken the battle to their sitting room since 2011.

No be today!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 28, 2017
succed:

I know you won't get to orgasm....without mentioning igbos. Always playing the victim. Abeg park one side like heap of trash.

I am not blaming you. I am only saying the time for igbos to leave is now. You can see more Yorubas are getting involved in this Biafra issue and responding proportionately to every insult hurled at them. The room will only get hotter for Igbos which will force them to develop the east and move there ultimately.
Re: Enough Of Ethnic/tribal Hatred by vickylincon(m): 6:15pm On May 28, 2017
trust me. this your thread won't make front page. seems this forum derive it's pleasure from it. but if it's bbn or Tonto dike...it's on front page. on your topic. no thanks to ffk in pre 2015 election, he stills does that anyway. same goes to nnamdi kanu before he comes to Nigeria.. always preaching hate to ibos. though he's more gentle now. This hate speeches wont take us far as a country. and to my Ibo brothers. Mohammad Gandhi said "victory attains through violence is tantamount to defeat" so learn the game of politics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Of Ojukwu Speaks On Aburi Accord & Contradicts Gowon... / Breaking! 2019: Buhari To Drop Osinbanjo / FHC Cannot Stop Or Stay Proceedings Of The CCT - Justice Onnoghen 5th Feb, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.