Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 (58077 Views)

Dino Melaye Dancing And Praising God, As He Declares For Kogi Governorship / Zungeru: Birth Place Of Ojukwu, Azikiwe, David Mark -What It Looked Like In 1900 / Governor Umahi On His Knees As He Declares His 2019 Governorship Intention(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by obayaya(m): 8:29pm On May 28, 2017
donborg:
Ojukwu would ve been a legend if he had succeeded in his quest. as long as he abandoned biafra despite those millions of life lost, he is a coward. learn to use your head and not your heart. only women think with their heart

300 years from now, everyone of us alive now must have been dead.

How will Nigerians talk about the war 300 years from now?

They will talk about how Ojukwu rallied his people against Tyranny despite the odds..

They will talk about how the few stood against the many..

The war will be all about Ojukwu. Gowon will become a villain in the story. Adekunle will be forgotten.

That's how history works bro..

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by totit: 8:29pm On May 28, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are not slaves and you are busy carrying placard and dancing skelewu every morning begging your Masters to let you go.

You were given £20 each for free in 1970, you are expected to work for those £20 for 100years before you can be released from your servitude because you did not do anything for 3years to deserve the £20 you were paid. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin
LMAO grin cheesy
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Caseless: 8:36pm On May 28, 2017
I don't like what he was doing here, but he's kind of cool in this picture. Who's that pretty lady to his left?

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by obayaya(m): 8:39pm On May 28, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

See the pix of the nightmare of the coward bandit Lord Ojukwu and the Conqueror of Biafrau.d

His name is Benjamin Adekunle --- ''We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the centre of Ibo territory, we shoot at everything even at things that do not move,''

And After shooting everything that move and things that didn't move, how fared the great Adekunle?

He died a pauper.. He died bedridden... And his name forgotten. No monument named after him...

Unlike Ojukwu who got a state burial and had lots of monuments named after him. He's still remembered by Pro biafrans and anti biafrans alike.

Ojukwu was great than The black scorpion both in Life and in death

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by omoelerin1: 8:41pm On May 28, 2017
see this terrorist
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by SuperS1Panther: 8:42pm On May 28, 2017
obayaya:

And After shooting everything that move and things that didn't move, how fared the great Adekunle?

He died a pauper.. He died bedridden... And his name forgotten. No monument named after him...

Unlike Ojukwu who got a state burial and had lots of monuments named after him. He's still remembered by Pro biafrans and anti biafrans alike.

Ojukwu was great than The black scorpion both in Life and in death

If you are telling us that a useless coward that led 3million hapless souls to their untimely death is great, then that shows how worthless the lives of Osus are.

Who am I to begrudge you for making such an applaudable statement.

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by giles14(m): 8:42pm On May 28, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

See this Joker.

You did not lose the war .... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

But you lost 3million souls and Effiong surrendered to the Nigerian State abi?

Ok we don hear o. But to us, you are our conquered slaves and deal with the fact.
pls go back and read my comment once more then rearrange ur comment.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by technicallyrich(m): 8:46pm On May 28, 2017
Fresh handsome man.lived and died a hero.
Adjebuter.my mentor.
Rip your lagacy lives on.
I am. So hapy you died peacefully while some of your colleges took rat poison after been raped in prison.and others are now vegetables that they handle with care,
Thank you for opening our eyes.
The name of one of my son's would be ojukwu.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by giles14(m): 8:47pm On May 28, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

If you are telling us that a useless coward that led 3million hapless souls to their untimely death is great, then that shows how worthless the lives of Osus are.

Who am I to begrudge you for making such an applaudable statement.
was it ojukwu dat bombed and used napalm on farmlands or blockaded the sea?

keep on deceiving yourself.
wot caused the first civil war is still going on now in a larger scale.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 28, 2017
Wheres the picture of Ojukwu disguised as a woman sneaking through the borders abandoning his people in a war he started?

And also the picture when he returned from exiled and celebrated as an hero?

Smh. Jokers.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by lekbel09(m): 8:51pm On May 28, 2017
it's high time the mods on nairaland try to stop those who are always propagating tribal sentiments its so disheartening when I see such things online

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by SuperS1Panther: 8:52pm On May 28, 2017
giles14:
was it ojukwu dat bombed and used napalm on farmlands or blockaded the sea?

keep on deceiving yourself.
wot caused the first civil war is still going on now in a larger scale.

he was the one that excised a major portion of a Sovereign State and committed a treasonabe felony offense against the Nigeria State.

Face the truth and apoortion the right blame to him and go further to curse his soul.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Princedapace(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Coward.

Who care's about Ojukwu's speech?history don't remember losers. He lost the War he started and ran away, dressed a like woman to Ivory Coast.

Coward.

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha learned his dressing like a woman to escape skills from Ojukwu.

That said.

Who is the DARK SKIN beautiful lady seated to the right?now that is somebody worth mentioning.
s

You are more coward for accepting defeat melted to u by your political class... Your leaders have subjected you to buying fuel at an expensive rate, using generator, enjoying noisy and drive thru wack towns, send ur kids abroad for better education, send ur yourself and ur kids to UK for medical.. U are the real coward...

He at least confronted his oppressors but u and ur generation yet yo be born are cowards and have refused to confront your oppressors..

I bet u, by 2050 , when ur nigeria would have become the third most populous country in the world and more than half live in abject poverty, u may get sense.. For now, u don't av sense.. U can't stand ordinary constable of the police force and u are calling a man who held a whole country along with her partners for a brutal war for almost four years.. Grow some balls baba.. U are a coward..

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by donborg(m): 8:54pm On May 28, 2017
obayaya:

300 years from now, everyone of us alive now must have been dead.

How will Nigerians talk about the war 300 years from now?

They will talk about how Ojukwu rallied his people against Tyranny despite the odds..

They will talk about how the few stood against the many..

The war will be all about Ojukwu. Gowon will become a villain in the story. Adekunle will be forgotten.

That's how history works bro..
Yes He stood up to tyranny, but at what cost? 3.5 million souls? even though I admire ojukwu' s audacity ( I wouldn't call it bravery because of those deaths) my problem with ojukwu is his inability and unwillingness to sacrifice his personal liberty and freedom for biafra like Mandela and lately kanu did! If you want to understand ojukwu and his actions better, try and read the life of Maitatsine. If you still do not understand the madness in his audacity ( maybe because you love him with your heart, just like maitatsine's followers) I advise you try to read and research the accounts of the biafran war, especially chinua achebe's there was a country BUT pretend as if you are hausa/fulani/yoruba man. believe me you will see his actions in another different light. Maitatsine's followers believed in him even though most Muslims saw him as a madman. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Princedapace(m): 8:56pm On May 28, 2017
seunmsg:
The despicable villain who started an unnecessary war that led to the death of over 2 million Igbo people. I just hope the current agitators of Biafra will learn from his ignoble misadventure. Don't start what you can't finish.

Don't u ever complain about nigeria.. U and ur third generation will still live and suffer as a result of a failed country which can not even guarantee safety of her citizens..

Cowards who die severally instead of fighting back.. Ur mentality is the reason this country is backward... Cowards..

Are u living? Go to advanced countries and see citizens of good countries live life..
Austria is smaller than many states in nigeria and is far ahead of Nigeria even in 100 years to come.. When will people like u get sense?
U call life where u buy fuel, start generator, Bleep ladies becus of poverty, use a death trapped roads, use wack hospitals etc a life? My brother, that is not a life. Those who died fighting for a better country are far better than u..

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 28, 2017
Naijahelm:
Throwback photo of Colonel Odumegwu Emeka Ojukwu reading a speech as he declares the independence of Biafra on May 30th, 1967.

The declaration, which sparked a brutal civil war that left about one million people dead, came two days after the head of Nigeria's military government, General Yakubu Gowon, divided the federation into 12 states, including three in the Southeast.

http://www.naijahelm.com/2017/05/throwback-photo-of-odumegwu-ojukwu.html?m=1

Cowardice personified.

To think he returned many years later to a country he declared war of seccesion on and led millions of his people to death to, to contest ordinary election? My Gawd. What stupidity?

Coward plus stvpid join.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 28, 2017
What had he successfully lead?

Home, war or politics?

Home?
Problem and rift between him, his children(Sylvester Dede, the first born and the rest) and wives

War?
Cross dressed and fled to Abidjan after leading his people to war!

Politics?
No particular election (Senatorial and Presidential) won!

I don't understand these Bi-pobs

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Nwakaumu(m): 9:06pm On May 28, 2017
giles14:
my brother the Yorubas are better than ijaw aniomas n ikwerres.

igbos n Yorubas are just like France and Germany. always trying to outsmart each other.
I don't see dem as enemies but mutual beneficial rival.

our enemies are the tiny minorities from aniomas down to ikwerres den to calabar.
those are our real enemies, traitors n back stabbers
Afonja stay off my comment you don't have to tell me who is enemy.are you stupid.your people are ara just scum of the earth.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by chris31(m): 9:08pm On May 28, 2017
conductor111:

Those starving children have now grown up to become the owners of Lagos. Ask Oba Lil Wayne. I told Emeka to accommodate him in his boys quarters after his shanty palace was razed by fire.

Meanwhile, when are you holding protest for your Oba who is being flogged inside Kuje prison as we speak? cheesy
What kind of tribe are the Yoruba's d same way they abandoned Abiola.....Are they afraid of the North or been selfish?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by obayaya(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2017
donborg:
Yes He stood up to tyranny, but at what cost? 3.5 million souls? even though I admire ojukwu' s audacity ( I wouldn't call it bravery because of those deaths) my problem with ojukwu is his inability and unwillingness to sacrifice his personal liberty and freedom for biafra like Mandela and lately kanu did! If you want to understand ojukwu and his actions better, try and read the life of Maitatsine. If you still do not understand the madness in his audacity ( maybe because you love him with your heart, just like maitatsine's followers) I advise you try to read and research the accounts of the biafran war, especially chinua achebe's there was a country BUT pretend as if you are hausa/fulani/yoruba man. believe me you will see his actions in another different light. Maitatsine's followers believed in him even though most Muslims saw him as a madman. I rest my case

You admire his Audacity and the fact he stood for freedom..

your only grouse is that he didn't die for what he believed in.

Generation unborn will admire his audacity and the reasons that prompted his actions and war..

You have problems with how he prosecuted the war. So do I.

But that doesn't change the fact that history will always remember him as Hero.

Because in the end, People don't really care much about what you did and how you did it. They care more about why you did it.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by welzyj2(m): 9:18pm On May 28, 2017
lozairio:
Guy u don see me smoke before u no get any thing to say u just dey talk anyhow words don finish for your mouth bah that one thing about truth it makes the lying tongue go numb idiot!!!

imagine the numbers of words u made use of to reply me..

empty barrel makes the loudest noise.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by HungerBAD: 9:22pm On May 28, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are not slaves and you are busy carrying placard and dancing skelewu every morning begging your Masters to let you go.

You were given £20 each for free in 1970, you are expected to work for those £20 for 100years before you can be released from your servitude because you did not do anything for 3years to deserve the £20 you were paid. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Damn.

Who is this writer?

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Dedetwo(m): 9:26pm On May 28, 2017
Cowardice is not coughing or even shouting when the son of the soil was murdered in Ibadan by Fulani, Hausa and Kanuri soldiers of Nigerian army.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 28, 2017
Yorubas and Igbos should stop disgracing themselves on this forum. Are you guys the only tribes in this country ?

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by giles14(m): 9:36pm On May 28, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

he was the one that excised a major portion of a Sovereign State and committed a treasonabe felony offense against the Nigeria State.

Face the truth and apoortion the right blame to him and go further to curse his soul.
ok he should have watched his people being killed without doing nothing?

50000 igbos were killed between 1966-1967 b4 the war started, what do you say about that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by giles14(m): 9:39pm On May 28, 2017
obayaya:

You admire his Audacity and the fact he stood for freedom..

your only grouse is that he didn't die for what he believed in.

Generation unborn will admire his audacity and the reasons that prompted his actions and war..

You have problems with how he prosecuted the war. So do I.

But that doesn't change the fact that history will always remember him as Hero.

Because in the end, People don't really care much about what you did and how you did it. They care more about why you did it.
God bless you for that reply
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by SirShymexx: 9:40pm On May 28, 2017
donborg:
He is a warmonger who understands only war and not negotiation and the rule of law. He never was willing to sacrifice anything for biafra. He is also a big coward for abandoning the struggle! He was a bad example to uwazuruike. I hope Kanu does not emulate him and abandon biafra like uwazuruike.

I wouldn't say he's a warmonger...greed/emotions and miscalculation just got the best of him. And as a career soldier who's an officer - you can't afford to make rash/hasty judgement, hence the need for feasibility studies and planning. Also, decision making has to always be about how to minimise casualties...that's one thing you learn in the British army. I'm surprised he graduated from Warminster and Hythe military academies cos he acted more like an American trained soldier. grin

I don't know about the other guy, Uwazuruike (never heard of him...Igbos have some of the craziest tongue twisting names ever lol. That shyt sounds like Chris Rock's girlfriend's name - Echikunwoke - I believe she's Igbo as well lol). But Kanu is more of a wingnut and loose cannon like Alex Jones and no sane person should allow someone as unstable as that guy lead anything. And apart from the fact that he's not a career soldier, he lacks tact and diplomacy...and letting someone like him take charge is another disaster waiting to happen. Igbos have fine soldiers in the US military, especially the ones born and raised in the US (there aren't that many of them in the British military - I've only met one or two) and since most Igbos still feel strongly about Biafra, some of them can always take charge, by acting behind the scene - with an educated Nigerian Igbo as the face of the struggle.

People can live in denial all they want but these Igbos all over the globe aren't giving up on Biafra. Even amongst my own friends in London, you can just feel the passion whenever they talk about it and that's how most of them were raised (The Igbo Americans I chat to on the hiphop/sports forum I frequent are also the same). And as a guy, even if you've a different understanding/perspective of how things happened - you just have to respect their own perspective and agree to disagree. However, one thing that can't change is the collapse of Nigeria based on the current structure and the inability of the people to fix a lot of things that are fundamentally wrong with the country. The people are so delusional that they prefer masking all the flaws of the country and that's problematic. It's just a matter of when and what the eventualities would be. I just hope if and when the inevitable happens, the casualties won't be dire.

Anyway, I'm out of here. I just like clowning Ojukwu whenever I see his name anywhere. That guy was everything a soldier should never aspire to be. If he were Russian/Chinese, he would've been court-martialled in absentia, while he was in exile. grin

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by JAHseal: 9:40pm On May 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Coward.

Who care's about Ojukwu's speech?history don't remember losers. He lost the War he started and ran away, dressed a like woman to Ivory Coast.

Coward.

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha learned his dressing like a woman to escape skills from Ojukwu.

That said.

Who is the DARK SKIN beautiful lady seated to the right?now that is somebody worth mentioning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by bionixs: 9:41pm On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
grin
Ojukwu the great..
Same boldness as Chinua Achebe
Same boldness as Nnamdi KANU.

The Igbos are naturally brave, intelligent and open to taking risks.

Unlike some people.
Who are cowards.

Their Jagaban did not even show up for a novelty boxing match with Holyfield
-Just like he locked himself up in his house upon hearing Dino was in town after threatening fire and brimstone if Dino Melaye ever stepped foot at Bourdillon
don't mind inherent noise making coward. does jagaban sound responsible

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Pretends To Be Pregnant To Register Her PVC After 4 Days Of Trying. Photos / PDP Buries APC In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / A New Force Tries To Dismantle The Cabal In Aso Rock - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.