Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 (58140 Views)

Dino Melaye Dancing And Praising God, As He Declares For Kogi Governorship / Zungeru: Birth Place Of Ojukwu, Azikiwe, David Mark -What It Looked Like In 1900 / Governor Umahi On His Knees As He Declares His 2019 Governorship Intention(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by obayaya(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2017
donborg:
You did not answer my question? If you were aguiyi ironsi, would you tolerate a subordinate officer's lack of respect towards you? you see, whether we like it or not, there are always two sides to every issue. Ojukwu had his reasons for his actions likewise Gowon and an impartial judge is more likely to blame ojukwu more than gowon. I suggest you read Chinua achebe's novel 'There was a country'. you will then understand why I said that while I admire ojukwu's audacity and boldness in confronting his superiors, the cost of his actions was not worth it!

Gowon wasn't Ojukwu's senior in the Army..

Ojukwu never acknowledged Gowon as CIC. He still referred to him with his Old rank.

From Ojukwu's point of view, the CIC has not yet been declared dead. and in the case of his demise, the second highest ranking officer in the army, Brigadier Ogundipe should take over as CIC.

So, are you insinuating that the so called "insubordination" is justification for Gowon to renegade on an agreement he made with comrades in good faith?

Bros.. I'm tired of going back and forth with you.. Believe what you wanna believe..

But History will always judge Ojukwu kindlier than Gowon and the rest.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by vantage001: 9:57am On May 29, 2017
Damn. I missed this thread.
Would have loved to plank some yoruba coneheads with historical facts.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Sammyblaq(m): 10:01am On May 29, 2017
HungerBAD:
The Coward.

Who care's about Ojukwu's speech?history don't remember losers. He lost the War he started and ran away, dressed a like woman to Ivory Coast.

Coward.

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha learned his dressing like a woman to escape skills from Ojukwu.

That said.

Who is the DARK SKIN beautiful lady seated to the right?now that is somebody worth mentioning.
U will never cease to be stupid.
A Bastard son of a thousand fathers.

Be matured for once.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Princedapace(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
What re u insinuating?
That the death of 2million ibos, as a result of miscalculated actions by Ojukwu, was justified?

Do u know how many millions of Nigerians who have died so far as a result of a failed system of goverment?

Do you know how many who die each day as a result of poor road network?

Do you know how many who die each day as a result of hunger?

Do u know how many who die every year as a result of lack of access to medical facilities?

Millions have died too as a result of a system that is not working and wil never work.. How many times have u attacked the people who have ruled this country with nothing to show for it? How many has boko haram killed? What about the ones killed by criminals and kidnappers ? All these becus of a system that is not working,,

Weda the war was miscalculated or not... he made a move to change a system he saw that will never work and what he feared is what is happening till today and if we dont correct it, it will forever continue..

It is funny that when I discuss with most southern Nigerians, they agree that Nigeria will never work with the current system but we come to Nairaland to talk orderwise becus of likes..
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by donborg(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2017
obayaya:

Gowon wasn't Ojukwu's senior in the Army..

Ojukwu never acknowledged Gowon as CIC. He still referred to him with his Old rank.

From Ojukwu's point of view, the CIC has not yet been declared dead. and in the case of his demise, the second highest ranking officer in the army, Brigadier Ogundipe should take over as CIC.

So, are you insinuating that the so called "insubordination" is justification for Gowon to renegade on an agreement he made with comrades in good faith?

Bros.. I'm tired of going back and forth with you.. Believe what you wanna believe..

But History will always judge Ojukwu kindlier than Gowon and the rest.

did Ogundipe ask ojukwu to help him get power? I m tired of this argument because it seems you don't understand power. Power resides where men believes it resides. Power by its nature is not taken but given. if ogundipe had men who supported him, who believes he is the rightful heir, he wouldn't have needed ojukwu's help to get it. Infact, he would have been the leader of the coup in the first place. sentiments aside, ojukwu was jealous of gowon whether you like it or not. I was once as ignorant as you were until I read chinua achebe's book. I advise you read it and see reasons as to why I m saying all this. chinua achebe had a first hand experience of everything that happened so he cannot be wrong. I am not saying that ojukwu was wrong in his actions but sometimes you have to have a balanced view of events and apportion blames accordingly so that the mistakes of the past won't be repeated again which I believe, was Achebes main aim of writing that novel. thanks
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by Gemstone7(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2017
giles14:
my brother the Yorubas are better than ijaw aniomas n ikwerres.

igbos n Yorubas are just like France and Germany. always trying to outsmart each other.
I don't see dem as enemies but mutual beneficial rival.

our enemies are the tiny minorities from aniomas down to ikwerres den to calabar.
those are our real enemies, traitors n back stabbers
recieve sense in jesus name
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by giles14(m): 12:02pm On May 29, 2017
Gemstone7:
recieve sense in jesus name
hmmmmmm.

must you involve Jesus.
no let archangel Michael strike you o
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by updatechange(m): 1:03pm On May 29, 2017
The first gov. of Biafra land @ Ayo Fayoose cheesy
Igbos:

Ffk and fayose are greater than all the heroes in your beerfraud land.
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by kelechi17(m): 3:36pm On May 29, 2017
kayyusuf:
bloody chest beater. Chemical weapon ko mechanical weapon ni.
afonja
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by drmuri(m): 7:46am On May 30, 2017
lozairio:
and u people are the only who have traditional rulers as drug Lords and produces drug Lords as senators

stupid submission once again, virtually all your eze ndi Igbo are people of questionable wealth. it is your race in the whole world that people are scared of transacting business with
Re: Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 by lozairio(m): 8:28am On May 30, 2017
drmuri:

stupid submission once again, virtually all your eze ndi Igbo are people of questionable wealth. it is your race in the whole world that people are scared of transacting business with
Why not accept the truth men Yoruba traditional rulers are born drug Lords

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of 10 Poorest States In Nigeria / Youths Want Olakunle Churchill As Governor Of Ondo, Print Posters / Governor Uzodinma Gifts Innoson Motors To Head Of Service, Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.