Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku (618 Views)

Senator Elisha Ishaku Abbo With The Igp - Photo / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: South-East Governors, Ortom, Ishaku, Reject It / Another Economic Recession May Be Imminent, Says FSDH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku by Chizgold: 6:56pm On May 28, 2017
Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba has described the current economic recession in the country as a blessing in disguise.

Ishaku who spoke at the interdenominational service organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria CAN Taraba state on Sunday to mark his second anniversary in office, said the recession is a wake up call and is bringing out the best in Nigerians.

Ishaku said that the situation has made most Nigerians to return to their farms thereby boosting food production while people are becoming more prudent with resources and governments are thinking of how best to cut cost and make governance less expensive.

“We are all crying over the current economic situation in the country but it is one of the best things that has happened to this country in recent times. It is a wake up call to all of us.

“Nigerian farmers now have value for their produce and more people are taking to farming, thereby making that sector of the economy viable and ensuring food security. Leaders are now looking for ways of blocking leakages in government expenditures and cutting unnecessary cost. We can only boast of these become we are breaking the jinx of total dependence on oil, courtesy of economic recession”, he said.

Ishaku who said he had to pass through the needle’s eye and fire to become the governor of the state promised to do whatever it takes to ensure that he leaves a better Taraba than he met it and called on the people to give him peace so that there would be development in the state.

He further said that Nigerians were living dangerously, like children who feast on the candy in their fathers shop until all the proceed is used in treating them of diahrearr.

“Because of the economic recession, we have been able to shift from total dependence on Federal government allocation and to revive over twenty five companies in the state in two years that were characterized with frivolous court cases and senseless killings of our people by heartless men”.

Earlier, the Guest speaker at the occasion Rev Philip Mullip charged the governor to focus on projects that would have direct impact on the people, since, like the Biblical Darius, he has been called to rescue the people and not just the political bigwigs....

http://ikengachronicles.com/economic-recession-a-blessing-in-disguise-to-nigeria-ishaku/

1 Like

Re: Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku by DLondonboiy: 6:58pm On May 28, 2017
How States choose fools as governors amazes me...

Where is recession a blessing? In which part of the world? What a zoo!

I can not be part of this zoo....I cannot be.
Re: Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku by ladyF(f): 6:59pm On May 28, 2017
But it's true in a way o.

This recession has made some people think of business ideas that would never have crossed their minds had things being rosy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku by londoner: 7:04pm On May 28, 2017
He is absolutely right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku by 989900: 7:16pm On May 28, 2017
DLondonboiy:
[s]How States choose fools as governors amazes me...

Where is recession a blessing? In which part of the world? What a zoo!

I can not be part of this zoo....I cannot be[/s].
Re: Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku by abouzaid: 7:49pm On May 28, 2017
do we need a recession to do what's the best for our country? i guess owing of salaries,hyper inflation, suicide etc are all parts of the blessings.
Re: Economic Recession: A Blessing In Disguise To Nigeria- Ishaku by Jabioro: 7:53pm On May 28, 2017
This one has come again with his own heart inventions of sweet speech.. ..

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Lying To The Igbos And To The Rest Of Nigeria? / Igbo Quit Notice: Igbo Youth Avengers Reacts / Message To Every Nigerian By Ifeanyi Egbuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.