Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola (17187 Views)

Management Announces The Immediate & Indefinite Closure Of FUOYE / LAUTECH Students Stage Peaceful Protest In Osogbo Over Indefinite Closure Of Sch / Crutech On Indefinite Closure Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by EDonHappen: 8:49pm On May 28, 2017
– OSUN STATE GOVERNOR, RAUF AREGBESOLA SAYS THAT THE STATE IS ‘FINANCIALLY INCAPABLE’ OF RUNNING LAUTECH.

Osun state governor, Rauf Aregbesola has openly lamented about the crisis his government is having with students of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology(LAUTECH). The institution has been shut down for months now due to the government’s inability to release funds.

Students of LAUTECH have been holding several protests with the latest being occurring last Wednesday and Thursday. They stormed the state capital, Osogbo, wielding placards and condemning the government’s attitude towards the problem. The protest totally shut down activities in the state capital as vehicular movements were halted for over eight hours.

In response, Aregbesola denied statements that his government was not concerned with the issue, he revealed that the problem could not be tackled due to poor finances. He told journalists during a media night out in the Government House, which was part of activities to commemorate his 60th birthday, that “this is not a matter of not having interest in LAUTECH. With the economic realities on ground, I cannot continue with the pattern of funding the school because we are financially incapacitated”.

Meanwhile students of LAUTECH have resorted to sleeping on the streets in protest of the indefinite closure of their school

He further stated;

“I am incapable. The funds are not just there. Though I still make contributions and my deputy governor is here to testify that I still sign cheques to make payment every month to LAUTECH. It is small. It is not a matter of interest, but incapacity. The failure of the management to live within its means is another issue”.

“We stop giving financial support to Osun State University (UNIOSUN), an institution with about 12,000 student population about three years ago and the university is still running on its own till today. The population of LAUTECH is about 33,000 and the difference between the tuition fees being paid by LAUTECH and UNIOSUN is not much,”

However, he disclosed that a private audit firm had been commissioned by both Oyo and Osun, co-owners of the University, to carry out a total audit of the institution’s management and finances.

http://www.looknaija.com/2017/05/lautech-indefinite-closure-dont-money-aregbesola/

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Jaideyone(m): 8:50pm On May 28, 2017
what a mor0n. osun state needs to settle the issue fast or privatise that school. lame excuse

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by firstking01(m): 9:24pm On May 28, 2017
Shame on him.

6 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by DrPlato: 9:51pm On May 28, 2017
Aregbesola is a senseless idiot.
What do u expect from someone that behaves like a tout.
He doesn't av money to spend on Lautech but he can spend millions on his useless birthday party.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 28, 2017
Our educational sector is in great comatose

3 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by fastgyal(f): 7:36am On May 29, 2017
SMH.
before elections;
*Every child has the right to education
*I will make education free to all
*I will create jobs
*I will empower youths
*I will repair the roads
*electricity will be stable
*I will make sure everyone is an equal citizen
*why should I send my children to schools abroad when we can develop ours
*why should I be treated abroad when we have quality hospitals and doctors
AFTER ELECTIONS
*You have no respect for constituted authority.
*I don't have money, let them stay at home
*My kids are in one of the best schools in the US
*We will provide stable electricity 20 years later.
*There are no jobs
*let's just empower the youths with wheelbarrow
*I need to visit Canada,Italy,the US; with a private jet
*the list is endless
Nigeria!! We shall be great again.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Airforce1(m): 7:37am On May 29, 2017
Lol
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by greatgod2012(f): 7:37am On May 29, 2017
How did we get to this level

I really pity the students of this institution, see how their time is being wasted by these visionless politicians!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Pranxta(m): 7:37am On May 29, 2017
hmmm
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by DieBuhari: 7:38am On May 29, 2017
The kind of poverty in the South wåste now ehn...
I thought they said they were reaping the reward of voting that dullard called Buhari

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by ItalianWine(f): 7:38am On May 29, 2017
dillydallying with the future lives of 33, 000 children just like that undecided

5 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by holytribe(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2017
How I wish the federal government can take over from that school. Thank God I have graduated from the school but I still feel pity for the students.

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by itiswellandwell: 7:39am On May 29, 2017
Smh
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by MrJaydpro: 7:39am On May 29, 2017
Only in Nigeria
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by seunlayi(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2017
What a failed system

4 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Talk2Bella(f): 7:40am On May 29, 2017
shocked is this man for real?

he doesn't have respect for constituted authority

this government does not understand the meaning of being selfless and a patriot

he recently celebrated his birthday that money would have gone a long way in reopening that sch

I pity those students I really do its such a shame that ogbeni rauf has decided to play Ayo with their destiny

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by crazyABO(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2017
Atleast he was sincere but like seriously that ain't no excuse angry

4 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by watchworldpro: 7:40am On May 29, 2017
Wait o. Is Lautech not in Oyo state? What is Aregbesolas own? Shebi he is the governor of Osun state... am confused o.

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by diportivo: 7:40am On May 29, 2017
as usual

emotional posters commenting based on the ridiculous thread title

if only y'all can be sensible enuff to read angry

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by ghuzy01: 7:41am On May 29, 2017
Must you still hold on to the school,you have your own state university already,leave the university alone for Oyo state.This is one of the reasons Akala's loss at the 2015 elections is painful,he would have put this issue to rest a long tym ago.sincerely these two APC governments of Oyo and Osun are big tym flops.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by talktrue1(m): 7:41am On May 29, 2017
But there is money for b.day
Had it been their children are in that school, the case wont be the same.
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by AroOkigbo(m): 7:42am On May 29, 2017
IDP state!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by generaluthman: 7:43am On May 29, 2017
No be your money Na our own
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:43am On May 29, 2017
watchworldpro:
Wait o. Is Lautech not in Oyo state? What is Aregbesolas own? Shebi he is the governor of Osun state... am confused o.
both Oyo and Osun own the school
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by ghuzy01: 7:43am On May 29, 2017
watchworldpro:
The school is owned by the old Oyo state (consisting of Oyo and Osun ) and the ownership has not been separated till now..so both states contribute to run the university.
Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by holluphemydavid(m): 7:43am On May 29, 2017
I pity LAUTECH students, most especially d final year ones

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Pavore9: 7:44am On May 29, 2017
And some are die-hard legionaries of these Politicians! angry

3 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Talk2Bella(f): 7:44am On May 29, 2017
Ajimobi tho

that one is a lost case

busy building abi mending roads here in Ibadan while there are other pressing issues to be attended to

I still wonder why Osun and Oyo share stuffs tho, even the customs building I saw something like Oyo/ Osun command

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by KingLennon(m): 7:45am On May 29, 2017
No funds to run an institution which has produced many top technologist. But you splash millions in a birthday party. God is watching you in 3D....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola by Jaideyone(m): 7:45am On May 29, 2017
DieBuhari:
The kind of poverty in the South wåste now ehn...
I thought they said they were reaping the reward of voting that dullard called Buhari
keep making a fool of yourself. like States in your region are not owing salaries too

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primary And Secondary Schools Teachers In Abia To Resume On August 4 / Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School / Delta State Polytechnic Students Protest Over Mass Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.