Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. (3146 Views)

Alex Iwobi's Sister & Parents At The Stadium In Russia As Nigeria Beats Iceland / The First Air-conditioned Stadium In Nigeria Is In Ebonyi (Photos) / Qatar's First Air-conditioned 2022 World Cup Venue Has Work Completed (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by uglyafonja: 10:18pm On May 28, 2017
This is the Abakaliki township stadium

Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by HungerBAD: 10:19pm On May 28, 2017
Wow.

This is very nice.

Ebonyi State is really trying,kudos to the Governor and good people of Ebonyi State.

Afam4eva is this State not impressing you?when i served in the East i still remember the derogatory words used for this State and people from this State by other Easterners.

Now see?nobody is laughing at them anymore.

3 Likes

Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by Afam4eva(m): 10:20pm On May 28, 2017
Are all these things i'm seeing about Abakaliki really true? I think i need a visit very soon.

3 Likes

Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by joeprince23(m): 10:21pm On May 28, 2017
ebonyi has been blessed with umahi
Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by Afam4eva(m): 10:28pm On May 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
Wow.

Afam4eva is this State not impressing you?when i served in the East i still remember the derogatory words used for this State and people from this State by other Easterners.

Now see?nobody is laughing at them anymore.

Where exactly did you serve? I'm not doubting you heard derogatory comments about Ebonyi people cos i've encountered them occasionally but i know some non Igbos can lie for Africa just to paint a picture of a disunited Igboland. I ask again, where did you serve?

2 Likes

Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:31pm On May 28, 2017
Shouldn't the gov 1st provide 24hr electricity before building air conditioned stadiums?!
Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by Afam4eva(m): 10:32pm On May 28, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
Shouldn't the gov 1st provide 24hr electricity before building air conditioned stadiums?!
State governors are not charged with providing electricity. The governors that tried it in the past failed because they were frustrated by the FG.

2 Likes

Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by HungerBAD: 10:58pm On May 28, 2017
Afam4eva:

Where exactly did you serve? I'm not doubting you heard derogatory comments about Ebonyi people cos i've encountered them occasionally but i know some non Igbos can lie for Africa just to paint a picture of a disunited Igboland. I ask again, where did you serve?

I am too old to start lying over minor stuff. I actually served and got my first post -graduate degree in the East.

I have repeatedly said it here before,and if you go through my old write ups i am sure you will find stuff to that effect.

Now to where i served?i served in a Community then that was N20 by Bicycle to Ezza in Ebonyi even if i was in the other State. And the School?a school that named its Post-graduate hostel after a Ghana leader,and yes Room 421 back in the days.

Solve the puzzle.

Now back to the insults thing i was telling you about. The Ezza people are mostly normadic farmers,who go around in the farming seasons,to farm for other people.

Afam4eva all through my Stay in the East then,and i say it with sincerity,i heard nothing but the belittling of them by people of other Eastern States with words like Ebonyi people dont shower,they are mixed with Hausa in their blood and some say they are all farmers.

I have a soft spot for Ebonyi State. I like the stories of Underdogs becoming successes later.

4 Likes

Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by Afam4eva(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2017
HungerBAD:

I am too old to start lying over minor stuff. I actually served and got my first post -graduate degree in the East.

I have repeatedly said it here before,and if you go through my old write ups i am sure you will stuff to that effect.

Now to where i served?i served in a Community then that was N20 by Bicycle to Ezza in Ebonyi even if i was in the other State. And the School?a school that named its Post-graduate school after a Ghana leader,and yes Room 421 back in the days.

Solve the puzzle.

Now back to the insults thing i was telling you about. The Ezza people are mostly normadic farmers,who go around in the farming seasons,to farm for other people.

Afam4eva all through my Stay in the East then,and i say it with sincerity,i heard nothing but the belittling of them by people of other Eastern States with words like Ebonyi people dont shower,they are mixed with Hausa in their blood and some say they are all farmers.

I have a soft spot for Ebonyi State. I like the stories of Underdogs becoming successes later.
Like i said, i've also come across things that some Igbos say to denigrate people from Ebonyi and i usually find it distasteful. The most common being that they behave like Hausas and are violent. However, i don't think it's different from what goes on in other groups. For instance Yorubas have something too say about people from Ekiti or sometimes, people from Ibadan or Ijebu. I've heard someone from Annang in Akwa Ibom state talk bad about an Ibibio of Efik. These things happen all over the country. My only problem is why some people harp on the one that happens in Igboland and blow it out of proportion just to manufacture non existent disunity in Igboland.

Btw, i couldn't do the maths assignment you gave me but no wahala. I believe you.

4 Likes

Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 7:20am On May 29, 2017
HungerBAD:

I have repeatedly said it here before,and if you go through my old write ups i am sure you will find stuff to that effect.

Now to where i served?i served in a Community then that was N20 by Bicycle to Ezza in Ebonyi even if i was in the other State. And the School?a school that named its Post-graduate school after a Ghana leader,and yes Room 421 back in the days.

Solve the puzzle.

Were you at UNN? Nkrumah hostel? I concur with what you said about Ebonyi. Yes people and I mean some idiots from other south eastern states call them 'ndi abakaliki'.

I love that state. I went there with a friend in 2010 and I fell in love with Ebonyi. I saw 'virgin' land. I saw a land that is filled with lots of opportunities. I pray God give them visionary, wise and committed leadership that would see the vast potentials.

It's early days and I hope they don't commit the errors of Anambra( onitsha). They need an urban master plan that should be adhered strictly to. They need strict building regulations. I know lots of people who are trooping in to buy properties there which is good.

With good leadership, the state can be a model in the East.
Re: The First Air Conditioned Stadium In Nigeria.. by HungerBAD: 7:55am On May 29, 2017
gbosaa:

Were you at UNN? Nkrumah hostel? I concur with what you said about Ebonyi. Yes people and I mean some idiots from other south eastern states call them 'ndi abakaliki'.

I love that state. I went there with a friend in 2010 and I fell in love with Ebonyi. I saw 'virgin' land. I saw a land that is filled with lots of opportunities. I pray God give them visionary, wise and committed leadership that would see the vast potentials.

It's early days and I hope they don't commit the errors of Anambra( onitsha). They need an urban master plan that should be adhered strictly to. They need strict building regulations. I know lots of people who are trooping in to buy properties there which is good.

With good leadership, the state can be a model in the East.

Yeah UNN.

My service days was long before 2010,so Ebonyi was not as developed as it is now the last time i visited.

In my Post-graduate days,i kept saying i will go to Ezza today/tomorrow and i finished school without going there.

The Ezza people were really nice to me,and it is because of them i have a soft spot for Ebonyi.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tammy Abraham Shows Off His Beautiful Oyinbo Girlfriend (Photos) / Odion Ighalo: Before And After Photos Of Man United Houses Emerge / Free Sure Games Daily No Charges 2odds Daily Start 2moro Just Add Ur No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.