Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,256 members, 7,846,174 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Tiv And Jukun Clash In Benue: At Least 3 Reported Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tiv And Jukun Clash In Benue: At Least 3 Reported Dead (833 Views)

Jukun Youths Kill Tiv Militias, Pose With Their Corpses (Graphic Photos) / 15 Houses Burnt As Tiv, Jukun Clash In Makurdi / Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander In Benue At Night & His Car Was Snatched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiv And Jukun Clash In Benue: At Least 3 Reported Dead by revolutionnewsn: 3:06am On May 29, 2017
The Tiv and Jukun ethnic groups in Benue state are currently engaged in a conflict that has claimed at least 3 lives and lots of property destroyed, as at Tuesday, May 23.

There are reports that the crisis escalated when young men from the two ethnic groups clashed at the Feedi market in Markurdi. Some media reports indicate that the crisis arose over a prolonged dispute between the two communities over land. The fighting started on Monday and continued till Tuesday as frightened residents flee the area.

The Benue state Police command has announced that it was up to the task of containing the crisis as security operatives crackdown on irate youths.

According to a statement by the Benue State Police PRO, Moses Yamu, the police are aware and they are already there to curb the situation

He however, said that from the report he had from the area, only one person was killed and several houses burnt.

STAY UPDATED

http://revolutionnews.com.ng/tiv-and-jukun-clash-in-benue-at-least-3-reported-dead/

Re: Tiv And Jukun Clash In Benue: At Least 3 Reported Dead by GodIsFoolish: 3:27am On May 29, 2017
Just peeping

Re: Tiv And Jukun Clash In Benue: At Least 3 Reported Dead by Alitair(m): 3:30am On May 29, 2017
As much as i'm not in support of inter-ethnic clashes... But i am more comfortable knowing it is "them them". No innocent Igbos or afonjas dying.
Re: Tiv And Jukun Clash In Benue: At Least 3 Reported Dead by segebase(m): 5:28am On May 29, 2017
bb
Re: Tiv And Jukun Clash In Benue: At Least 3 Reported Dead by dollarcoolcat(m): 5:31am On May 29, 2017
Uhmm nawa, who go settle them na cos their gov isn't in their good notes base on wheelbarrow things.
Re: Tiv And Jukun Clash In Benue: At Least 3 Reported Dead by Folabimi(m): 5:55am On May 29, 2017
I wonder what drive pple to such madness, even animal i no fit kill, nt to talk of a human being

(1) (Reply)

Gang Led By A Lady Meet Their End (see Photos) / Nlanders, Pls Hlp Me Out, See D Msg I Recieve Today / How 'do You Know Who I Am?' Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.