Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Happy Democracy Day Celebration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Democracy Day Celebration (9015 Views)

Dele Momodu Reacts As Presidency Queries Obasanjo’s Absence At Democracy Day / Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? / Fayose Wore Shorts To May Day Celebration In Ekiti (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by wunmi590(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2017
Nizguy:
what an inspiring quote. I hope and pray for a better tomorrow

Amen my brother

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by phemmyfour: 9:05am On May 29, 2017
caracas:

U n ur irks are the problem
So why did he choose to mention the recent n not the past?
I guess you don't know the meaning of the word "recent"
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by tydi(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2017
kasson:
Happy Democracy Day Celebration to Nigerians.
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria!

And I hope the president is going to address us today!
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:53am On May 29, 2017
Caveatemptor:

So why is you thread titled,"Happy democracy day"?
Sir, the thread is about celebrating a system called democracy
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Nobody: 9:59am On May 29, 2017
DEMOCRACY: STOP CHAUVINISM (by Azeez Ibrahim Opeyemi 08107428875)

Time is certain, as is a procedural phenomenon which reveals certainty; just as my country witnessed its 17years of Democracy.

The wish of the nationalist who struggle endlessly for autonomy and self-governance as USEN SMITH says: “they are the people that comes together in utter disregard of their ethnic and religious barriers; they mobilized the masses and were able to wrest for political freedom for unification of the nation politically, morally, socially and economically” then why not maintain the standard if we can’t improve or increased it and not let it fall to drift as we presently witnessing.

Chauvinism has develop in our individual orientation mind-set; from the beginning of our history (as a divided regions under the colonial masters) chauvinism was not deeply welcome to perforce in Nigeria but as a mere surreal and a taboo. The time Nigeria got her independence we were firmly united; in my opinion things started falling apart after the first (and failed) military coup which up to this present day lead to one or another pressing problems.

It is regrettably endemic that the pungency of chauvinism instead of reasonable patriotism has been entrenched deeply into the psyche of common Nigerians. It has successfully penetrated every “nook and cranny” of this country so much that some are of parrhesiastic opinion that it can’t be disarmed and hardly can it be reduced, and the most solicitous part of it is that most of us fall prey of it by mere surmising because Nigerians are very susceptive or vulnerable when it comes to tribalism or religions issues.

The issue of chauvinism also trend to the imbibed habit of reviling and vituperating leaders with vigour so long as they are not sharing the same faith or the same region, infact some Nigerians prefer to feel any kind of trauma as long as the leader belongs to their tribe, region or religion; they don’t care whether the government is capable or not, provided the leader is from their locality or region or they share same religion or tribe. If a particular tribe is in power other tribe or ethnic groups would develop cynical feelings about him.

At this juncture I will love or implore everybody to invoke CHINS AGYRIS THEORY “Immaturity to maturity theory” – which center on common growth and development were individual/society grows from dependent to independent.

The onus of a better Nigeria lies not only on our leaders but also on us inclusively.

Let just inject ourselves with a spirit of “what touches one should also touches all and decided by all”… the spirit of electing credible and competent leaders not based on ethnic or religion, the spirit that will bind us away from chauvinism and self-interest to sustainable growth and development in which we can achieve the acme of better Nigeria. We can’t confront these unless we understand our differences and keep it aside and work with a common interest.

HAPPY INDEPENDENT DAY FROM AZEEZ IBRAHIM OPEYEMI (BABAAELINO).
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by LexngtonSteele: 10:16am On May 29, 2017
caracas:

Why do you have to mention ifeanyi uba ?
Why not Tinubu who plunged n is still looting the economy of Lagos state with sheer impunity ?
Why not Amaechi that looted rivers money to the grounds .
Why are these ppl not cooling off in an efcc,dss detention ? These are ppl that have bin accused of corruption with massive evidences,yet nothing have bin done to them .yet u incarcerate ifeanyi uba without evidence n even against court orders n u expect his ppl to keep quiet .?
Useless country with a tyrannical leader.

Go and read the comment again. I mentioned a few names and I touched virtually all our past leaders with a broadstick as failures.

I can't mention every single politician to satisfy YOU.

I supported PMB to be President and I still wrote in the initial comment that he is one of the failures. So what's your problem?

Besides, I said IF Ifeanyi Ubah was guilty / innocent you should be objective in exonerating or condemning him....in your response you didn't hide the fact you support PDP even if they are thieves. That inference was glaringly obvious.

PS - I really have been trying to buy Fc IfeanyiUbah's old and new jerseys..I like them.
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by lovethchioma(f): 10:17am On May 29, 2017
I've been in my room, trying to figure out what exactly is worth celebrating about democracy in my country.... I'm wondering when I'll leave my room today, because it's taking me long to figure out anything.

Oh Youths.. where art thou? When shalt thou take Charge?

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Caveatemptor(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Sir, the thread is about celebrating a system called democracy

As far as I am concerned,there is nothing like a system called democracy in this country.
What we are operating is a sham democracy,with a military bequeathed constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Yeligray(m): 10:55am On May 29, 2017
Democracy day without president..

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by benjamin007: 10:57am On May 29, 2017
chiefolododo:
Your father is an idiot . I am old enough to be your father

Mumu
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by CheedyJ(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2017
benjamin007:

Idiot
What did he say DAT made u call him idiot or perhaps,u don't understand wat he typed ...well,on his bhalf,u re a big asshole
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Adeyeancah(m): 11:52am On May 29, 2017
Davash222:

My bro, an intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend.. Democracy is the unknown angel.
But the Intelligent enemy go easily kill person na...If my friend stupid and I no stupid,no wahala
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by kokoboy4life(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2017
Happy Demostration of craze to all my friends on here.
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I congratulate and join Nigerians and Nairalanders to celebrate 18 years of unbreakable democracy in Nigeria.

I remember when the campaign was going on in 1998, there were doubts about the sincerity of the military to let go of power. After Chief Obasanjo, running under the PDP defeated Chief Falae of AD-APP, every attention was on General Abdulsalam to honor the May 29, 1999 date. Then the bitter experience of June 12, 1993 annulment was still fresh in the memory of Nigerians.

At the end, democracy triumphed! Happy Democracy Day...

Nothing can replace freedom

When Democracy Was restored 18 years ago @Eagles Square, Abuja.
Democracy does'nt exist,what is being practised is lootocracy

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 29, 2017
EmekaBlue:
grin grin grin y una no happy Na? Enjoy una administration

2 Likes

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by benjamin007: 2:51pm On May 29, 2017
CheedyJ:

What did he say DAT made u call him idiot or perhaps,u don't understand wat he typed ...well,on his bhalf,u re a big asshole
Go fcukk your mom

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by CheedyJ(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2017
benjamin007:

Go fcukk your mom
Sorry bro,thought u were normal but its obvious u aint...try get help b4 u enta street unclad...sorry u hear
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Nizguy(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2017
wunmi590:

Amen my brother
and Amen bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

500 Additional Policemen Deployed To Anambra / Sanwo-Olu, Patrick Brown Discuss Bilateral Cooperation In Technology, Food / Osinbajo: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.