Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Happy Democracy Day Celebration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Democracy Day Celebration (9018 Views)

Dele Momodu Reacts As Presidency Queries Obasanjo’s Absence At Democracy Day / Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? / Fayose Wore Shorts To May Day Celebration In Ekiti (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Adotse: 7:42am On May 29, 2017
Please Have the President of The Nation Nigeria, Given His May 29th Speech? Am waiting ooo Abi, na AG Osinbajo Go still do am?

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Nofuckgiven: 7:43am On May 29, 2017
Happy sit at home for Biafrans abeg! Who cares about the zoo?? grin cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by xcolanto(m): 7:44am On May 29, 2017
kasson:
Happy [s]Democracy Day Celebration to Nigerians.
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria![/s]

Highest B.S! What democracy when the citizens do not have the rights to freedom of speech?
What democary when shittes where murdered in cold blood for their belief?
What democracy when court orders are disobeyed and impunity is the order of the day?
What democracy when hundreds of citizens are locked up as political prisoners all around the country?
What democracy when security forces kill people and no justice is given to the families?
What democracy when killer Fulani herdsmen regin supreme in the land maiming citizens unabated and unhindered?
What democracy when thousands of IPOB's were shoot at, imprisoned wounded and no one was held accountable?
What democracy when looting of public funds has become the order of the day and the culprit's are shielded because they come from a particular region (SGF comes to mind)?
What democracy when the national budgets of 2016 & 2017 are shredded in controversy, budget padding is the order of the day. Up till now no budget and the country is running on fraudulent monies being spent without appropriation.
What democracy when opposition voice are being silenced and we run a one party system in the country?
What democracy when critics of the government are hounded and presented with trumped up charges to keep them from speaking?
What democracy when nepotism, tribalism, ethnicity, religious introlence, religious violence, favouritism, marginalization and paddy paddy government is the order of the day.

If this is what democracy is all about I rather practices paganism and live in a Bush as my fore father's without any form of governance where barbarism held sway. cry cry

This is nothing but a true reflection of the animal farm by George oweil where some animals are indeed higher than the others.

I spit on this day!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by phemmyfour: 7:46am On May 29, 2017
2kass:
Happy democracy day....!!!

Though I still prefer a good military leader for Nigeria as at this moment. cuz Nigeria needs someone that can handle her with iron hand not corrupt useless and worthless senators.

The sad thing is that even the military leaders we had were also useless.

May our children and children, children not suffer from the kinds leaders we suffered frm.

I can see d positivity coming tho!!!

Whether military or civilian....They are all Nigerians and Nigerians are synonymous to corruption

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Venzal: 7:47am On May 29, 2017
Davash222:

What exactly are we celebrating

Epileptic power supply

Bad roads

Incompetent Leaders

Constant victimization by our security agencies

Mismanagement of public funds

What exactly
The emboldened is probably the most annoying. I just can't understand it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by phemmyfour: 7:49am On May 29, 2017
kasson:
Happy Democracy Day Celebration to Nigerians.
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria!
My own Democracy day commeth next month, June 12. That was the day Nigerians voted without bias along ethnic, religion or geopolitical area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by wristbangle: 7:50am On May 29, 2017
Happy democracy day
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by PDJT: 7:50am On May 29, 2017
Happy "Democracy" Day?
Where is your President?
What a pity! (..in Jurgen Klopp's voice smiley )
Ndi-ara!

This is why we want Biafra, a Democratic Republic not a "Democracy" like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Caveatemptor(m): 7:51am On May 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

We are celebrating FREEDOM from the military.

How?

General Obasanjo and General Buhari, both ex military head of states have also been Presidents in the so called eighteen years of democracy!
Still the same,no water,power/electricity,no food,no roads.
Austerity and recession everywhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by caracas: 7:53am On May 29, 2017
LexngtonSteele:
Some people traditionally love to complain

If asked what they have personally contributed to development of their country, it is a deafening silence.

Isn't it this same NL that you would see people defend their tribesmen even if they embezzle?

Anyone who says GEJ or PMB or even any ex President performed well is partisan

I laugh when I see people praising a dumbo like GEJ all because he is a Xtian and not Hausa

If Ifeanyi Ubah accused of something as serious as duping the country - practically TREASON, and you don't objectively ask for evidence but you say he's innocent / guilty because he belongs /doesn't belong to your tribe....

YOU are part of the problem.

Happy Democracy Day!
Why do you have to mention ifeanyi uba ?
Why not Tinubu who plunged n is still looting the economy of Lagos state with sheer impunity ?
Why not Amaechi that looted rivers money to the grounds .
Why are these ppl not cooling off in an efcc,dss detention ? These are ppl that have bin accused of corruption with massive evidences,yet nothing have bin done to them .yet u incarcerate ifeanyi uba without evidence n even against court orders n u expect his ppl to keep quiet .?
Useless country with a tyrannical leader.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by PDJT: 7:53am On May 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

We are celebrating FREEDOM from the military.

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Nobody: 7:54am On May 29, 2017
Davash222:

What exactly are we celebrating

Epileptic power supply

Bad roads

Incompetent Leaders

Constant victimization by our security agencies

Mismanagement of public funds

What exactly

Thank you bro.

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Jflex07(m): 7:58am On May 29, 2017
Happy dictatorship, nepotism, tribalism, religious extremism,Godfatherism,marginalization,division day. I hope you all enjoy it.. The future looks bleak for Nigeria. pathetic!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:01am On May 29, 2017
ipodstinks:
I wish we never had that democracy that day. This ppl are more wicked than military rulers.
That's because you never knew how it was during the military. Though I was pretty young when democracy was restored but I still remember how it was during the military era. You had NO liberty to complain as at then
Caveatemptor:

How?

General Obasanjo and General Buhari, both ex military head of states have also been Presidents in the so called eighteen years of democracy!
Still the same,no water,power/electricity,no food,no roads.
Austerity and recession everywhere.
It is not democracy that will provide these things, the people elected leaders have the duty. Democracy only allows us to choose who we want and define a system we want.
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Nizguy(m): 8:01am On May 29, 2017
wunmi590:
In as much that I also celebrate with my Nigerian brothers to celebrate today, but we still need to think back.

What is there to celebrate?

What is there to celebrate when graduates who their parents struggled to send to school cannot get job, to be able to put food on the table of their parents.

What is their celebrate when the epileptic power supply in the country at present is killing the dreams of small scale entrepreneurs.

What is there to celebrate, when people are dieing of hunger everyday.

What is there to celebrate, when people want to leave the giant of Africa to even the worst African country just to survive.

What is there to celebrate when the product of 5naira has increased to 100naira, and the present minimum wage still remain the same.

What is there to celebrate when our roads is still in shambles

What is there to celebrate when our political leaders loot public funds, and invest it only on their present and unborn generations yet to come.

What is there to celebrate when we have godfatherrism in our politics

What is there to celebrate, when a graduate is earning 20k as a salary per month.

What is there to celebrate when a whole president budget billions for medical trip abroad, when our hospitals in Nigeria is nothing to write home about.

What is there to celebrate when our forces kill innocent Nigerians, without justice taking its place.

What is there to celebrate when you can't even work freely in your own country.

I guess its now time to stand up and be counted.
what an inspiring quote. I hope and pray for a better tomorrow
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Caveatemptor(m): 8:11am On May 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

It is not democracy that will provide these things, the people elected leaders have the duty. Democracy only allows us to choose who we want and define a system we want.

My friend,
Do you really believe votes count in Nigeria?
Do you really believe that?
Obasanjo first four years was an army arrangement, Abdul salami Abubakar,just brought his military pal and installed him as president.

Okay we have had eighteen years of democracy and ex military rulers Obasanjo and Buhari have had Ten years out of eighteen years?
Buhari that was Military head of state when I was in Secondary school is now civilian President when I am I my middle age and you call that democracy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by nkemjacob2(m): 8:11am On May 29, 2017
Bleep ur democracy.
Useless country

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by sekem: 8:12am On May 29, 2017
LexngtonSteele:
Some people traditionally love to complain

If asked what they have personally contributed to development of their country, it is a deafening silence.

Isn't it this same NL that you would see people defend their tribesmen even if they embezzle?

Anyone who says GEJ or PMB or even any ex President performed well is partisan

I laugh when I see people praising a dumbo like GEJ all because he is a Xtian and not Hausa

If Ifeanyi Ubah accused of something as serious as duping the country - practically TREASON, and you don't objectively ask for evidence but you say he's innocent / guilty because he belongs /doesn't belong to your tribe....

YOU are part of the problem.

Happy Democracy Day!

You are blessed with wisdom

I'm impressed with your high level of reasoning plus capability to be frank in calling a spade a spade

Happy Democracy Day to you
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by ginggerxy: 8:12am On May 29, 2017
Davash222:

My bro, an intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend.. Democracy is the unknown angel.
intelligent enemy will kill you at ease
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by maxysmith(f): 8:17am On May 29, 2017
abi Cracy de mo.....in Dagrin's voice
Badgers14:
Democracy day ke shocked
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by MizSparks(f): 8:22am On May 29, 2017
Happy Demo wetin? There's no such thing in Nigeria. What we have here is a charade. A mockery of true democracy.

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Teebouye995(m): 8:24am On May 29, 2017
Davash222:

My bro, an intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend.. Democracy is the unknown angel.

which kind quote be dis again?
Davash222:

which kind quote be dis again?
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Kay25(m): 8:25am On May 29, 2017
Celebrating the political robbers in power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:28am On May 29, 2017
Caveatemptor:

My friend,
Do you really believe votes count in Nigeria?
Do you really believe that?
Obasanjo first four years was an army arrangement, Abdul salami Abubakar,just brought his military pal and installed him as president.

Okay we have had eighteen years of democracy and ex military rulers Obasanjo and Buhari have had Ten years out of eighteen years?
Buhari that was Military head of state when I was in Secondary school is now civilian President when I am I my middle age and you call that democracy?
My Dear Sir, the problem is not democracy but we the people.

We sell our votes for N1000-N5000 every 4 years, thereby exchanging our basic needs for immediate need.

We allow tribe and ethnic sentiment to dictate our political choice.

We turn a blind eye when the man we wish to win manipulate the system simply because he is our choice.

We keep electing (or aiding the rigging) of same failures over and over again.

My dear Sir, you will blame democracy or our choice? Agreed the first arrangement was brought in by military and many people were skeptical but what about the second in 2003? The 3rd in 2007? The 4th where people voted for "Good luck" instead of antecedent in 2011? The 5th where people voted for a man that never outlined his plans for 4 years instead of those that had plans?

What about at state level? APGA has never conducted LG polls in Anambra state since 2006 they took over yet Anambrans are cool with them and keep voting them. PDP likewise refused to conduct when they held sway prior in same state. Yet people over there are cool not minding that they are denied grassroots development. That's a case study as many States simply manipulate LG polls to suit the incumbent party, yet how many ppl complain?

My brother/sir, a society will bear the consequence of her action. We can't blame democracy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by phemmyfour: 8:30am On May 29, 2017
caracas:

Why do you have to mention ifeanyi uba ?
Why not Tinubu who plunged n is still looting the economy of Lagos state with sheer impunity
?
Why not Amaechi that looted rivers money to the grounds .
Why are these ppl not cooling off in an efcc,dss detention ? These are ppl that have bin accused of corruption with massive evidences,yet nothing have bin done to them .yet u incarcerate ifeanyi uba without evidence n even against court orders n u expect his ppl to keep quiet .?
Useless country with a tyrannical leader.
You are part of the problem. He mentioned Uba cos that was recent and no string attached.
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by ajebuter(f): 8:37am On May 29, 2017
Democracy abi khakicracy?
Nonsense...
By the way, where is Baba Bubu?

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by syndrum(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2017
Happy birthday to me
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by caracas: 8:52am On May 29, 2017
phemmyfour:
You are part of the problem. He mentioned Uba cos that was recent and no string attached.
U n ur irks are the problem
So why did he choose to mention the recent n not the past?

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by benjamin007: 8:57am On May 29, 2017
chiefolododo:
Democracy! Democracy we welcome you , bondage exist no more for our freedom has com.... Who still remember the poem?

Idiot
Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by Caveatemptor(m): 8:57am On May 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

My Dear Sir, the problem is not democracy but we the people.

We sell our votes for N1000-N5000 every 4 years, thereby exchanging our basic needs for immediate need.

We allow tribe and ethnic sentiment to dictate our political choice.

We turn a blind eye when the man we wish to win manipulate the system simply because he is our choice.

We keep electing (or aiding the rigging) of same failures over and over again.

My dear Sir, you will blame democracy or our choice? Agreed the first arrangement was brought in by military and many people were skeptical but what about the second in 2003? The 3rd in 2007? The 4th where people voted for "Good luck" instead of antecedent in 2011? The 5th where people voted for a man that never outlined his plans for 4 years instead of those that had plans?

What about at state level? APGA has never conducted LG polls in Anambra state since 2006 they took over yet Anambrans are cool with them and keep voting them. PDP likewise refused to conduct when they held sway prior in same state. Yet people over there are cool not minding that they are denied grassroots development. That's a case study as many States simply manipulate LG polls to suit the incumbent party, yet how many ppl complain?

My brother/sir, a society will bear the consequence of her action. We can't blame democracy...

So why is you thread titled,"Happy democracy day"?

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day Celebration by chiefolododo(m): 8:57am On May 29, 2017
Your father is an idiot . I am old enough to be your father
benjamin007:

Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of The Sacked IMO State Governor's Relations Crying After The Shock Termin / The Final Solution To The Niger Delta Crisis / Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.