Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,943 members, 7,810,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings (9478 Views)

Minimum Wage: Ogun Workers To Start 2-Day Warning Strike On Thursday / Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike / Exxonmobil Workers Begin Three-day Warning Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Pseudonymous: 5:52am On Oct 21, 2016
Workers in Ogun state have commenced an indefinite industrial action to press home their demands over an alleged non-payment of 12 months deductions.

Among other demands, the industrial action is also aimed at putting an immediate end to the contributory pension scheme.

When Channels Television and Newsmen visited the state government secretariat at Oke Mosan, Abeokuta, the state capital, it was revealed that some workers reported for work while others abdicated their duty post on the order of their leaders.

Commenting on the
development, the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Taiwo Adeoluwa, described the action as illegal and uncalled for, saying that the government may initiate a ‘no work, no pay’ system as a punishment.

Mr Adeoluwa asked the workers to see reasons, especially in the face of the current economic downturn, restating that the government is committed to the welfare and care of the workforce.

Although the town seemed calm, security operatives were stationed at strategic places to maintain law and order as a result of the strike.

Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, had earlier sent a strong warning to the leadership of labour unions in the state, over the proposed indefinite industrial action.

He gave the warning in Abeokuta, the state capital, during a town-hall meeting for the 2017 budget, held at the cultural centre in the state capital.

He also thanked residents for their understanding and the support shown towards his administration’s policies and programme, while assuring them of more development in the coming fiscal year.

source: http://coldgist..com.ng/2016/10/ogun-workers-begin-indefinite-strike.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Pseudonymous: 5:56am On Oct 21, 2016
See Gov. Amosun's earlier warning to the workers
http://coldgist..com.ng/2016/10/you-have-no-brains-no-sense-amosun.html?m=1
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Good

We All say No to Dictatorship

Workers are not animals

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by remi144(m): 6:08am On Oct 21, 2016
a hungry man is an angry man.
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Haphard(m): 6:18am On Oct 21, 2016
What's happening 4 9ja nah, this one na jagajaga. God gona save us frm al dz governors.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Phrankin(m): 6:19am On Oct 21, 2016
That awkward moment when after rushing to book space, you suddenly realize you don't have any meaningful thing to say.
Anyway let me use this opportunity to beg you guys for likes. I know this is childish and that I have grown past this. I won't lie that today is my birthday- just like others do. It's just that i have this irresistible urge and would like to know that people still care about other peoples feelings. May whatever you worship bless and protect you and your family as you like this post. Thanks and God bless you and your family.
Once more, don't say im distubing you. Please click like. Thanks once again. Please I'm on my knees begging, it won't cost you anything just to click on that like. Pulease.

158 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by idav: 6:22am On Oct 21, 2016
Is it 12 months salary or bonuses.
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Olasco93: 6:22am On Oct 21, 2016
You don't expect people to work on empty stomach. What is the essence of being a Public Servant when you won't receive or smile to the Bank to see your Monthly stipend/salary.
What is the essence of being called a public servant when you cannot pay you child's school fees.
Government in all states should do well and device a means of paying workers their salary, lack of this make workers underperform and it kills their morals and zeal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Harwoyeez(m): 6:23am On Oct 21, 2016
When will all this end.....every worker is due for his/her pay
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by seunlayi(m): 6:25am On Oct 21, 2016
Amosun didn't manage this crisis well

1 Like

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Rahym001(m): 6:27am On Oct 21, 2016
When will those in federal colleges of education and some universities begin theirs, over the continuous Deductions from their salaries without no explanations from the FG?

Governor please pay your workers, intimidation cannot work these time.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by gist4kidsblog: 6:27am On Oct 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by sakalisis(m): 6:28am On Oct 21, 2016
Nigeria jaga jaga everytin scatter scatter

1 Like

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:29am On Oct 21, 2016
Welcome idea, not even with all d gibberish said by SIA to d workers. If someone like fayose had said that, d whole country would av turned against him. Amosun is a failure

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Young03(m): 6:31am On Oct 21, 2016
d governor don enter two chance

that fits him
I work u pay me
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Young03(m): 6:31am On Oct 21, 2016
d governor don enter two chance

that fits him
I work u pay me
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by kennyjam: 6:34am On Oct 21, 2016
is it the Ogun state in Ghana or the one in Nigeria? Change is everywhere in this country.....apart from the top-dogs cabal
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by bobestman(m): 6:37am On Oct 21, 2016
Foolish man. Pay workers you can't,even corpers you don't give them their monthly stipend,insulting them is what u are gud at.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by MakeWeTalk: 6:38am On Oct 21, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by dotman4real007(m): 6:39am On Oct 21, 2016
this government is becoming a disappointment and an embarrassment!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 21, 2016
idav:
It is neither twelve month salaries nor bonuses. It is the deductions from workers' salaries that go into a thrifty cooperative which the avaricious governor has dipped his hand into.
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by vision2050: 6:43am On Oct 21, 2016
idav:
12 months salary deduction. for example if I'm earning 40k and I contributing 20k to cooperative society, the 20k I'm contributing to cooperative society the wicked governor refuse to pay It in the last 12 months. more like receiving half salary.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 21, 2016
moyinoluwabun:
Welcome idea, not even with all d gibberish said by SIA to d workers. If someone like fayose had said that, d whole country would av turned against him. Amosun is a failure
That's the most insensitive statement a governor could make. Instead of suing for peace, Amosun chose the path of 'war'. His unguarded statement will haunt him and his party in 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by brightballer(m): 6:48am On Oct 21, 2016
All the states have joined gang!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by duduade: 6:48am On Oct 21, 2016
OK na... We watching in 3D
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 21, 2016
seunlayi:
Amosun didn't manage this crisis well
He has always been a tactless man who believes he can ride roughshod over everyone.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by emperorAY(m): 6:50am On Oct 21, 2016
I wonder why I would work n somebody will nt pay me and will even threaten me. NIGERIANs its time for a revolution , forget APC n PDP they ar all thieves

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by otukpo(f): 6:55am On Oct 21, 2016
Governor's warnings or abuses?
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by Wristler: 6:56am On Oct 21, 2016
brightballer:
All the states have joined gang!
Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by herdjerd: 6:58am On Oct 21, 2016
Phrankin:
That awkward moment when after rushing to book space, you suddenly realize you don't have any meaningful thing to say.
Anyway let me use this opportunity to beg you guys for likes. I know this is childish and that I have grown past this. I won't lie that today is my birthday- just like others do. It's just that i have this irresistible urge and would like to know that people still care about other peoples feelings. May whatever you worship bless and protect you and your family as you like this post. Thanks and God bless you and your family.
Once more, don't say im distubing you. Please click like. Thanks once again. Please I'm on my knees begging, it won't cost you anything just to click on that like. Pulease.
Your stupidity knows no boundary? Remain mature if truely you are....Gbegiri

1 Like

Re: Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings by hotspec(m): 7:10am On Oct 21, 2016
The CHANGE WAVE has finally docked in Ogun. Were they not laughing at Osun bf? Even, those that are not govt workers will soon understand. Come to Osun, u will see carpenter hawking, bricklayers sleeping, mechanic workshops filled with abandoned vehicles, and no passengers for commuters as people either trek 1/2 way or kuku stay @ home..Now ARE-GBESE is cutting all d trees in public schools and selling them without planting new ones.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Professionals So Underpaid In Nigeria? / What Do I Need To Know As An Aspiring Banker! / Rank Of An Officer Level 14 NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.