Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo (581 Views)

See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari / Voters Block Osun PDP Member From Leaving Until She Pays As Promised / Why We Couldn’t Create 3M Jobs As Promised – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by mzirawo: 1:36pm On May 29, 2017
WE HAVE SEEN TREMENDOUS PROGRESS AS PROMISED – OSINBAJO
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/05/we-have-seen-tremendous-progress-as.html

The Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, said on Monday that the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration had witnessed the fulfillment of promises it made to Nigerians for 2017.
In his message to mark Democracy Day and second anniversary of the administration, Osinbajo noted that the promise was amplified in the 2017 budget where Buhari outlined the Economic Agenda in detail.
“In his Budget Presentation Speech to the National Assembly last December, President Buhari outlined our Economic Agenda in detail.
“He assured that 2017 would be the year in which you would begin to see tangible benefits of all the planning and preparation work.
“It is my pleasure to note that in the five months since he delivered that speech, we have seen tremendous progress as promised.’’
The acting president mentioned the Social Investment Programme, which kicked off at the end of 2016 as a promise fulfilled.
“Its Home Grown School Feeding component is now feeding more than one million primary school children across seven states and would be feeding three million by the end of the year.
“N-Power, another component, has engaged 200,000 unemployed graduates – none of whom needed any ‘connections’ to be selected.
“Beneficiaries are already telling the stories of how these initiatives have given them a fresh start in their lives.”
He said that the micro credit to a million artisans, traders and market men and women as well as the conditional cash transfers, to eventually reach one million of the poorest and most vulnerable households, had begun.
He also said that in rail, the administration was making progress with plans to attract hundreds of millions of dollars in investment to upgrade the existing 3,500km narrow-gauge network.
“We have also in 2017 flagged-off construction work on the Lagos-Ibadan leg of our standard-gauge network, and are close to completing the first phase of Abuja’s Mass Transit Rail System,’’ he added.
Osinbajo said that Buhari’s promise for the take-off of the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative had resulted in the revitalisation of 11 blending plants across the country.
He added that the initiative resulted in the creation of 50,000 direct and indirect jobs so far, and in the production of 300,000 metric tonnes of NPK fertilizer.
He noted that the Initiative was the product of an unprecedented bilateral cooperation with the Government of Morocco and that farmers now bought fertilizer at drastically reduced prices.
“By the end of 2017, that Fertilizer Initiative would have led to foreign exchange savings of 200 million dollars; and subsidy savings of N60 billion.
“The initiative is building on the solid gains of the Anchor Borrowers Programme, launched in 2015 to support our rice and wheat farmers, as part of our move towards guaranteeing food security for Nigeria.
“All of this is evidence that we are taking very seriously our ambition of agricultural self-sufficiency.
“I am delighted to note that since 2015, our imports of rice have dropped by 90 per cent, while domestic production has almost tripled. Our goal is to produce enough rice to meet local demand by 2019.”

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by mikeycharles(m): 1:40pm On May 29, 2017
Keep deceiving yaself, there is a lot of work to do, Buhari has succeeded in addressing the security issue (Boko Haram) but fighting corruption and poverty not so much.

1 Like

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by blackfase(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2017
This man sef don join the bandwagon, typical political gibberish from typical Nigerian politicians.... they'll never admit things are not the way they oughta be. smh

mzirawo:
“He assured that 2017 would be the year in which you would begin to see tangible benefits of all the planning and preparation work.
“It is my pleasure to note that in the five months since he delivered that speech, we have seen tremendous progress as promised.’’

2 Likes

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 29, 2017
Yes we've seen tremendous one.
NEGATIVE one tho!!

I actually like you, osy, but sometimes I wonder if buhari's spirit is talking tru you undecided

4 Likes

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by blackfase(m): 1:45pm On May 29, 2017
This man sef don join the bandwagon, typical political gibberish from typical Nigerian politicians.... they'll never admit things are not the way they oughta be. smh

mzirawo:
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by Jabioro: 1:48pm On May 29, 2017
My dear Acting President, what we are witnesses is not tremendous, all I can say is bicycle pedal action. upadan!
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by baralatie(m): 1:48pm On May 29, 2017
sad
sir! your administration crashing an economy into recession is tremendous progress

1 Like

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by blackfase(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2017
Looks more like the man has already started sipping from the sour kunu they give them at that Aso Villa that makes any President forget his purpose in that office....

Sensual:
Yes we've seen tremendous one.
NEGATIVE one tho!!

I actually like you, osy, but sometimes I wonder if buhari's spirit is talking tru you undecided
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by hucienda: 1:51pm On May 29, 2017
haa 'pastor' take am easy o.
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 29, 2017
blackfase:

Looks more like the man has already started sipping from the sour kunu they give them at that Aso Villa that makes any President forget his purpose in that office....

looool

1 Like

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by GuntersChain(m): 1:52pm On May 29, 2017
Tremendous progress indeed, yes a lot of negative progress in your score card.
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by GuntersChain(m): 1:53pm On May 29, 2017
Tremendous progress indeed, Progress can be negative or Positive.

1 Like

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by richidinho(m): 1:55pm On May 29, 2017
Afonja
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by oloriooko(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2017
No be by power dem take dey stand pri*k
VP if the thing no stand, it means he no stand, no be by power dem take dey stand it o

You cannot hide progress if it's there, everyone will attest to it. Anyway, the VP is a pastor maybe he's talking by faith calling those things that be not as though they were!
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by igwebuike01: 2:12pm On May 29, 2017
Asi bu Njo
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by psucc(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2017
I think APC is using a different dictionary known to the world.
Even the Pastor VP lies as much as Lai himself.

1 Like

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by Generalyemi(m): 2:27pm On May 29, 2017
this people are shameless

1 Like

Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by blackfase(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2017
wink... You cute sha. Don't normally do this, but any chance to make your acquiantance?

Sensual:

looool
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by k2kay(m): 3:57pm On May 29, 2017
Delusions everywhere
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 29, 2017
blackfase:

wink... You cute sha. Don't normally do this, but any chance to make your acquiantance?

lol I cute SHA??
yeah, we can be friends.
Re: We Have Seen Tremendous Progress As Promised – Osinbajo by blackfase(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2017
Why the emphasis on the SHA? That's a yoruba word and you don't even look like one, so hope you didnt misconstrue my intent ther :<(

I'm about to ram into your pm.... smiley, How about that. Green light?

Sensual:

lol I cute SHA??
yeah, we can be friends.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Pray To Never Have A PDP Government Again - Oyegun / Who Is Nnamdi Kanu / After 36hrs, No One Could Prove With Evidence That Lai Mohammed Had Lied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.