Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain (47149 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 10,000 Winners Chapel Members Qualified To Be President / Winners Chapel Members' Houses In Oyedepo's Canaancity / LASG Chapel: Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by winnerz: 7:21pm On May 29, 2017
NaijaMutant:
They have finally brought politics into the house of God.

what an effrontery from Ambode

He has just used political power to usurp spiritual authority.

Let's see how he settles this with God.

I am a christian. I am grateful to God that this didn't happen during Fashola's tenure (a supposed muslim). Heaven would have been let loose by our christian community. I believe this is an eye opener to Nigerians that we should seek good governance and not christian/muslim governors or presidents.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Wallade(m): 7:24pm On May 29, 2017
I really think you are on cheap drugs. It was an aberration in the first place that the state government has that much control over that church; so much that the bulk of the members of the governing council are either loyal or serving the interest of the state government. Your ridiculous opinion that Lagos state government has the right to fire and hire the religious officers of the church is hilarious and misconstrued. In fact, there is no need to have such church, they best call it a club or social gathering.

Jesus Christ chased people like the Ambodes and others like you out of the church thousands of years ago. The Holy spirit will do the needful yet again with you lots. We know the demons despite their camouflage!
jetroolowole:
People are very funny, from what I read in other newspaper, that was a political church managed by the state government. They have the power to hire and fire. Besides, the position of the chaplain is also political and it's for anybody willing to do the bidding of the government.

That reminds me when people wanted to drag Jesus to make him king and become part of the political system of his time, Jesus withdrew to a lonely place. But this days, politics and religion is like 5 and 6.

Since the government moved their thanksgiving service away from the church, it is normal that most of the members who have been going their because of the proximity to the government will port to where the political interest has shifted.

And don't tell me CAN does not need the cash flow from the government to keep on its activities.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 29, 2017
That's why I love winners,once you are in church no special recognition or preference. ..nah even professors go dey serve ordinary man..I once heard of how Uduaghans wife serves communion in A saba church. ..humble yourself before God..Ambode wife what recognition were you looking for again when the church members already know you as his wifeyou only answer first lady for two tenure oooo
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Alphacrissy(m): 7:28pm On May 29, 2017
CaptainFM1:

Do you know the meaning of Christian? Anyway if you don't I'll tell you. Christian means Christlike. The fact that someone goes to church does not make him a Christian.
A christian must follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ.

Showing lack of humility is not a characteristic of a Christian. So, now that you understand the meaning of the word Christian...Do you think Ambode typifies a Christian?

Yes we want [b]Christain, and mind you after Ambode' 8years, we want another Christian for another 8years to [/b]complete the 16years of Tinubu and Fashola! Preferably a Catholic or Methodist when Ambode complete his 8years.
Why are you contradicting yourself, seems your thought does not agree with your convinction; You used the opening part of your speech to dechristianise Ambode, while you use the latter part to hope for ANOTHER christian. Oga, go school.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by omobabaonibaba(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

It is in their nature to be cowards.
And the same people won't respect Nnamdi KANU the brave

as in the way u slave are worshipping this scammer ehn, if he tell u to slap your fa ther am sure u won't hesitate

what does KANU do that's brave right from his prison visa entry till the time he disguise and left the prison.

go and check what brave really mean. someone that shamelessly submit all his documents even ojukwu wasn't disgrace that much

you guys aren't even talking about the dwarfs he left behind

incorrigible element sets of people
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by eezeribe(m): 7:32pm On May 29, 2017
NaijaMutant:
They have finally brought politics into the house of God.

what an effrontery from Ambode

He has just used political power to usurp spiritual authority.

Let's see how he settles this with God.

Stop fighting for God... He didn't beg you
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Goldenheart(m): 7:34pm On May 29, 2017
evralizzy:
Visit My Facebook Profile For Prov (SEARCH FOR)

VICTORIA SUNDAY

Scammer how far. Una no dey tire
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by tete7000(m): 7:41pm On May 29, 2017
God can defend himself.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Langbasa: 7:47pm On May 29, 2017
I spit on mrs ambode
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by AskProf: 7:50pm On May 29, 2017
evralizzy:

uuu just finished eating it right

Remember, there are vulcanizers in your neighbourhood. Just remember.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by NaijaMutant(f): 7:50pm On May 29, 2017
eezeribe:

Stop fighting for God... He didn't beg you
Hope you are not bereft of comprehension skills ?
How does my comment relate to fighting for God?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by crackerspub: 7:53pm On May 29, 2017
enemyofprogress:
bros you go school at all? Your English resemble mama peace own abi Na she help you write am?

lol please must you quote me

Am begging you, do not quote again

No wonder you are still broke, keep on checking English language mistakes and your mates are making money.

Please don't quote me again. You are stupid enough to focus on the English and not the mesage

f000l
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by farajitwins(m): 7:54pm On May 29, 2017
Imagine if ambode were to be Muslim governor. Reason why we should stop judging others base on religion or tribe.
Stupidity has no boundary

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by jamace(m): 8:03pm On May 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin I dey laff o.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Sparkle777(f): 8:06pm On May 29, 2017
deor03:
We want Christian governor in Lagos!
We want Christian governor in Lagos!!
We want Christian governor in Lagos!!!

Have we seen the result now ?

Quite a shame. Be careful for what u want, you might really get it. Oh God, let Thine will be done.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Walelavender(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2017
Very regrettable decision. Their position will make it difficult for them to rescind this unpopular decision. For me,it should be better late than never. Apologize and swallow your pride,madam Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by bizzibodi(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2017
y is d woman in d 1st picture diff.frm d 2nd pic?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by CaptainFM1: 8:11pm On May 29, 2017
Alphacrissy:
Why are you contradicting yourself, seems your thought does not agree with your convinction; You used the opening part of your speech to dechristianise Ambode, while you use the latter part to hope for ANOTHER christian. Oga, go school.

No, u do not understand my view. My main point is being Christain simply because you go to church does not make you Christlike. I do not condemn Ambode neither do I dechristianise him.

And truth is, the whole Chaplain story has been one sided so far. We are yet to hear from the office of the Governor their own account. If its a state owned church and the Governor has the right to hire and fire, we just need to hear their own account.

We all, as well as Ambode are only trying or thriving to be Christlike. So no one is perfect. I do not by any means infer that Ambode is bad neither is he not doing his best to be Christlike. I'm only trying to define what being a christian mean. I hope you see the need for Grace of God upon our lives

So clamouring for another Christian Governor after Ambode's 8years is just my own position. This current Chaplain story does not in anyway diminish the respect I have for our enviable Governor.

Meanwhile, I will not join issue with you on your last sentence. Its just totally uncalled for.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by tjskii(f): 8:13pm On May 29, 2017
But Ambode sef no try, we women can be irrational and petty sometimes(hormones etc),but I don't understand why the governor would give into her demands,haba,he should be more matured na

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Candyrain(m): 8:18pm On May 29, 2017
Chascop:
My Case Is Different..

If you believe yours is different too, echo a big Amen

The Church of God Shall match forward and the gates of hell shall not prevail

And so is mine
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by gbeseun(m): 8:24pm On May 29, 2017
Bolanle is a small girl that is enjoying the magnanimity of being fortunate to marry ambode,beauty she doesn't have,hot ass she no get and am afraid she may go the way of Jezebel if she failed to do the needfull,
If u quote me you are on your own,
You can come to my house and use cane on me
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Smooyis(m): 8:24pm On May 29, 2017
Surely we have not heard the last of this issue. No one can battle with God. Protocol doesn't apply before God. He does as He wills.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by bkool7(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2017
Icecomrade:

This would ve made a bigger news had it been Wike of Rivers state mentioned in this news.

it won't be news if it were Wike because this is right up his alley .
Coming from Ambode , I'm baffled
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by alanka(f): 8:28pm On May 29, 2017
She even looks like one of the few almajiri girls that narrowly escaped poverty.

Is she a northerner that married a southerner?

It pains me that i have never seen her husband look i would have known what to say.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by redsun(m): 8:32pm On May 29, 2017
So this story is true? I thought it was just one those fake news? The governor of lagos state,the so-called state of excellence,should be better informed.
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by stilldoingokay(f): 8:33pm On May 29, 2017
see her makeupee face
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Bluffly: 8:35pm On May 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

It is in their nature to be cowards.
And the same people won't respect Nnamdi KANU the brave

Do you know that the opposite of Coward comes in two words which are stupidity and Brainless. At times it could be garnished with being clueless, lacking direction, not differentiating between right and left. It could as well take a worst turn and result to demential.

Such is life
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Shinor(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2017
Lets see how this pans out
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by DaStunz(m): 8:42pm On May 29, 2017
The fear of Women is the beginning of wisdom. Shebi Ambode never hear wetin happen to Sampson 4 inside Bible...
Re: Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 29, 2017
Female Pharisee Of Our Time ;DFemale Pharisee Of Our Time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Prophets Drown In Zimbabwe While Competing To Retrieve "Holy Stick"(video) / "Prayer Gym" This Hilarious Church Poster Has Gone Viral / Apostle Suleman's Designer Shoes In Dubai For 'Help From Above Programme'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.