Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) (42529 Views)

Remivir: Ajimobi Was Defrauded Of N50m On Fake Drugs From Bangladesh - Sahara R. / Tinubu's Presidential Ambition Crumbles, Unable To Visit Aso Villa - Sahara R. / N5bn COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment Fraud Uncovered In NDDC - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by kjhova(m): 11:38am On May 30, 2017
cristianisraeli:
i just hope they got a court order to wire tap or theres a sting operation..aside that its ILLEGAL and this is why the DSS dont win any case..because they dont do things the right way.as a governor said the DSS don turn to the government personal agberos..we all know nigerians are hypocrites..everyone fighting corruption is corrupt even your messiah as well..

The Wiretap Order

The police must first obtain a wiretap order before eavesdropping on your phone conversations. This is similar to a warrant. The police must prove to a judge that they have probable cause to believe that tapping your phone lines will help them to solve a serious crime, such as drug trafficking, money laundering, or terrorism. However, because wiretapping is so intrusive, the police are held to a higher standard when seeking wiretap orders than when they are seeking warrants.

if they got a warrant to wiretap..then its LEGAL

This recording is not from a DSS operation, from all evidence before us. It is the work of an online investigative news medium. They do not need legal clearance to do this.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by kjhova(m): 11:47am On May 30, 2017
aolawale025:
We have to ask ourselves this: how come it's only Sahara Reporters that always gets the audio tape of election related cases.

Because Sahara Reporters have built the reputation over a long time and are trusted to protect the source of their scoops.

Think about it; if you are in possession of a flashdrive with detailed conversation of a coup plot between, OBJ, IBB and some serving generals and your life is in danger for having such recording...who will you send it to for the world to know what is going on?

a) Thisday Newspapers
b) NTA
c) AIT
d) Sahara Reporters
e) Linda Ikeji

Your answer is as good as my guess.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by mikeycharles(m): 11:50am On May 30, 2017
mikeycharles:
Sahara and Dino beef reminds of Beyonce and Wendy Williams. All politicians are thieves except BUHARI and some "pure" APC members.
but in this case I don't know who is the Wendy or the Beyonce
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by ambayomide11: 11:50am On May 30, 2017
Dino and Smart who is the smartest
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by cristianisraeli: 11:52am On May 30, 2017
kjhova:

This recording is not from a DSS operation, from all evidence before us. It is the work of an online investigative news medium. They do not need legal clearance to do this.

investigative news medium indeed..its still illegal to wiretap someone with any court order.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by Smooyis(m): 11:56am On May 30, 2017
Marotzke:
DSS turning over official government property (tapes derived from lawful surveilance) to Sahara reporters for material gain.
Let dem declassify every tape and every result of surveilance of politicians in their possesion and let's see who will come out smelling fine.
As at the time this tape was obtained, Dino was the poster boy of APC so it was official secrete.
Now that he has started exhibiting independent thinking, classified government secretes are being brought out in the open to nail him.
Let's see the results of surveilance on Hunkuyi,Abe,Kyari and Dariye all loyal APC senators.

Youths are seemingly becoming the problem of this country. Wether left or right, once a case of corruption is alleged, we should all clamour for prosecution for the sake of the entity called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by kaboninc(m): 12:00pm On May 30, 2017
kjhova:

Because Sahara Reporters have built the reputation over a long time and are trusted to protect the source of their scoops.

Think about it; if you are in possession of a flashdrive with detailed conversation of a coup plot between, OBJ, IBB and some serving generals and your life is in danger for having such recording...who will you send it to for the world to know what is going on?

a) Thisday Newspapers
b) NTA
c) AIT
d) Sahara Reporters
e) Linda Ikeji

Your answer is as good as my guess.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by kaboninc(m): 12:04pm On May 30, 2017
kjhova:

Hmmmm
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by RonJeremy: 12:05pm On May 30, 2017
Rubbish! They should declassify all the anti Igbo private statements by Dullard Buhari
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by kjhova(m): 12:07pm On May 30, 2017
cristianisraeli:

investigative news medium indeed..its still illegal to wiretap someone with any court order.

You may have little regard for Sahara Reporters, which understandably should colour your opinion. However, for your case of illegality to stick, the accuser will have to prove to the court beyond circumstantial evidence that SR bugged his/their phones i.e. by showing such mechanical devices as exibit or by showing machine tell tale signs acceptable by reputable professionals as evidence of a bug. The news outlet don't even have to do anything other than to show up in court to refute the claim. Hence hardly has anyone been able to win with such a case against a news medium.

In this case, I guess we all seem to agree that the voices in the recording are those of Mr. Melaye and Judge Ikpeme and that they both agreed to consummate this transaction in "erm...USD" hereby contravening two federal laws at the very least.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by gbishman: 12:22pm On May 30, 2017
this rascal called Dino Melaye really needs to tamed, he is dragging the name of the Senate to the mud. Leave out friendship with the Senate president he needs to be controlled
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by cristianisraeli: 12:26pm On May 30, 2017
kjhova:

You may have little regard for Sahara Reporters, which understandably should colour your opinion. However, for your case of illegality to stick, the accuser will have to prove to the court beyond circumstantial evidence that SR bugged his/their phones i.e. by showing such mechanical devices as exibit or by showing machine tell tale signs acceptable by reputable professionals as evidence of a bug. The news outlet don't even have to do anything other than to show up in court to refute the claim. Hence hardly has anyone been able to win with such a case against a news medium.

In this case, I guess we all seem to agree that the voices in the recording are those of Mr. Melaye and Judge Ikpeme and that they both agreed to consummate this transaction in "erm...USD" hereby contravening two federal laws at the very least.

do you even listen to your self.yes i know its the senators voice,tech gurus can say otherwise..but it could be inadmissible in a reputable court of law if it was gotten illegally without a COURT ORDER.this is not about the news platform..its how they got the voice recording.they have no right to bug someones phone,thats invasion of privacy.they can actually be sued if its proven that they bugged the senator illegally.only law enforcement agents have the right to wiretap anyone with a court order.this is why DSS case would never stick.if the recording was leaked by melaye or the judge..THEN ITS ADMISSiBLE IN court..all am saying is do things the right way and get the right results.if sahara didnt bug or wiretap..how did they get the recording?i think they have some explaining to do and someone could go to jail

For example, let's use a phone call where one-party law applies. If someone calls me and secretly records our conversation, that would be perfectly legal, even though I don't know of the recording, because one party to the conversation (the caller) consented. However, if my next-door neighbor intercepted a phone call between my wife and me and recorded it, such recording would not be legal, because no party to the conversation consented to the recording.

illegal recordings are not admissible into evidence. For legal recordings, there are a number of hurdles that the party seeking to use the recording as evidence must clear. The first is authenticity; that is, the recorder must prove that the evidence is what it purports to be, a genuine recording made through reliable methods of a specific conversation that has not been altered.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by Emassive(m): 12:31pm On May 30, 2017
Martins301:

FIXED. We know you people. Defenders of corruption. I wonder how you all will survive in your country.

Same way you survived Obj, Gej, fashola, tifnubu and now Ambode's looting... GOD IS WUTH YOU
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by Myself2(m): 12:46pm On May 30, 2017
These voice conversations don't say anything criminal at all
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by hush15: 12:50pm On May 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
A failed attempt to bring dino down, we the masses would fight for him...

A fool is when you support tinubu as a hero of democracy but condemn me for supporting dino as my own hero

I don't know what SR stands to gain in all of these but more than Dino, they bringing down the credibility of the present administration. When you attack Dino only and forget that all the tribunal cases had similar experience and thus address this in a wholistic manner, then You not fighting corruption but personal vendettas.

All the APC triibunals even in Lagos State were strongly influenced. Even Jega was compromised, just that it was easy to defend since Nigerians didn't mind a change in government. It's not that it was fairly fought.

So SR can only keep making noise but nothing can come out since Supreme Court all ruled. More so, they just giving this man the popularity he needs cos at the end of the day when it can't be verified and no conviction was made, his popularity and his credibility rises.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by ofwest47(m): 12:52pm On May 30, 2017
We are waiting to hear from him denying this and suing Sahara reporter for a minimum of 10billion dollars or is it dullards you call it.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by hush15: 12:54pm On May 30, 2017
Martins301:

FIXED. We know you people. Defenders of corruption. I wonder how you all will survive in your country.

Yes o. Call it whatever you desire! As long SR motive has no positive economic impact, then they useless and stop disturbing the peace of the nation. A country you live or operate from, don't pay taxes to and you want to watch it explode because you have personal grudges with Dino....

Rubbish....

Sowore is mental...
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by hush15: 1:14pm On May 30, 2017
SweetJoystick:
And the fool wrote a book on corruption. Professor Wole Soyinka was right after all about the gathering during the launch of the book. Shame on Dino and the rest which includes all public officials who have looted and still looting whether in APC or PDP

So tell me, how is this indicting? Hate hate hate....

Neway, whatever
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by hush15: 1:19pm On May 30, 2017
Martins301:
Same nigga forming anti corruption czar. When are we going to rise up and crush this idiots in one mighty revolution like that of Egypt and Libya? Oh! We still have to win the war against tribalism first. This country is a joke. Can't wait to leave this hell of a nation.

Guy, think before you talk now. What is incriminating here? And why the cut? Is it only twice they discussed, what bout tapes for other discussions they could have had to concrete this ones?

You don't just bring some lines that are without evidence and just tie it to a random thought!
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by hush15: 1:26pm On May 30, 2017
Smooyis:

Youths are seemingly becoming the problem of this country. Wether left or right, once a case of corruption is alleged, we should all clamour for prosecution for the sake of the entity called Nigeria.

I disagree, what we should kick against is unprofessional journalism that supports vendettas, has no etiquette, ill timed and has no value to national development and growth.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by akilo1: 1:28pm On May 30, 2017
and dino just wrote a book of anti curruotion with his third class degree,what a joke of a country!
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by cristianisraeli: 1:28pm On May 30, 2017
pokipoki:
Hmmmm!!! Sahara reporters. I really don't know who their legal adviser are?. But even if it's the voice of Dino, two things will happen. First, Sahara reporters have to produce the source of recordings. They also have to produce Dino's consent to the recording. If they are unable to provide this two things; Dino may have a case against cyberstalking since they are no security organization who usually tap conversations.
The second thing that will happen is that they need to prove that it is Dino voice on the recording and also the fact that the conversation led to money actaully exchanging hands. Since the audio conversation did not specify any funds. They also need to prove that the telephone call was made before the judgement was passed.

i agree.i dont understand nigerians sometimes..because dino is always saying the truth..yes we all know dino is corrupt..no politician is corruption free in nigeria..but we must always do things the right way..DSS disobeys court orders,wire tap their opponents illegal..hell dino might even say he bought groundnuts from the judge and she asked him to pay in USD.someone in sahara might even end up going to jail..but No it wont happen because oga on top gave them the audio.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by Justdare: 1:43pm On May 30, 2017
Dino to wo GAAU

#sexybbstar
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by lawbabs: 1:58pm On May 30, 2017
nattyjay:
Dino was giving Her the Antidote to Corruption grin

You mean Antidote FOR corruption. The last time i checked that was the title of the Book. Grammatical blunder began from cover page! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by Sirdayor(m): 2:00pm On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
SaharaReporters contacted the spokesperson to the Cross Rivers state governor, Christian Ita who said they could only locate a family member of the Ikpeme’s who was already a civil servant in the state before Prof. Ayade became the state governor in 2015.

This part has nullified the veracity of this story.

Dino is a corrupt Thief if being harassed by a Media Thief Sowore for threatening the Biggest Thief Tinubu to impregnate his Wife

But Dino is stealing Nigeria money, so whose money is Sowore stealing, if its an individual then that must be a business deal?
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by Akainzo(m): 2:02pm On May 30, 2017
cristianisraeli:

do you even listen to your self.yes i know its the senators voice,tech gurus can say otherwise..but it could be inadmissible in a reputable court of law if it was gotten illegally without a COURT ORDER.this is not about the news platform..its how they got the voice recording.they have no right to bug someones phone,thats invasion of privacy.they can actually be sued if its proven that they bugged the senator illegally.only law enforcement agents have the right to wiretap anyone with a court order.this is why DSS case would never stick.if the recording was leaked by melaye or the judge..THEN ITS ADMISSiBLE IN court..all am saying is do things the right way and get the right results.if sahara didnt bug or wiretap..how did they get the recording?i think they have some explaining to do and someone could go to jail

For example, let's use a phone call where one-party law applies. If someone calls me and secretly records our conversation, that would be perfectly legal, even though I don't know of the recording, because one party to the conversation (the caller) consented. However, if my next-door neighbor intercepted a phone call between my wife and me and recorded it, such recording would not be legal, because no party to the conversation consented to the recording.

illegal recordings are not admissible into evidence. For legal recordings, there are a number of hurdles that the party seeking to use the recording as evidence must clear. The first is authenticity; that is, the recorder must prove that the evidence is what it purports to be, a genuine recording made through reliable methods of a specific conversation that has not been altered.

Please, you've been watching too many American movies or reading American laws, all evidences are admissible in Nigeria, including ILLEGALLY obtained ones so long as the judge deems it suitable to help the case.

To help you out, we don't even have a wire-taping law in the first instance. Please pick up a copy of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act of 2015 and educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by Abeyjide: 2:03pm On May 30, 2017
why is sahara still troubling Dino because the last time he promised saworo ends in jail.is Dino a toothless dog? still waiting for the case filed against Sahara.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by Akainzo(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2017
cristianisraeli:

i agree.i dont understand nigerians sometimes..because dino is always saying the truth..yes we all know dino is corrupt..no politician is corruption free in nigeria..but we must always do things the right way..DSS disobeys court orders,wire tap their opponents illegal..hell dino might even say he bought groundnuts from the judge and she asked him to pay in USD.someone in sahara might even end up going to jail..but No it wont happen because oga on top gave them the audio.

Except by Nigerian laws, a Judge cannot run a groundnut farm! grin grin grin

And by Nigerian law, all illegally obtained evidences are admissible.
The law says OBTAIN a Search Warrant, but evidences collected without a search warrant are admissible in Nigerian courts, therefore the law makes provision for getting a Search Warrant AFTER the event has happened. So go figure.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by OlaMiki: 2:10pm On May 30, 2017
Don't come here and talk nonsense , no one care whether u eat from d crumbles of Dino. if u are arrested today for this mumu allegation of urs, do u have the proof that DSS is the one that released this to saharareporter ?

You better seal up you basket mouth , mumu shocked shocked shocked shocked
Marotzke:
DSS turning over official government property (tapes derived from lawful surveilance) to Sahara reporters for material gain.
Let dem declassify every tape and every result of surveilance of politicians in their possesion and let's see who will come out smelling fine.
As at the time this tape was obtained, Dino was the poster boy of APC so it was official secrete.
Now that he has started exhibiting independent thinking, classified government secretes are being brought out in the open to nail him.
Let's see the results of surveilance on Hunkuyi,Abe,Kyari and Dariye all loyal APC senators.
Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by kjhova(m): 2:15pm On May 30, 2017
cristianisraeli:

Relax bro. You should listen to yourself also. While at that, you should re-read my previous post.

Sahara Reporters aren't taking Dino or anyone to court and thus are not tenderring this recording as exibit to anything. If so, then your argument holds.

DSS is not involved in this matter to our best knowledge from information that is in public space. Therefore, the whole narrative about DSS is unnecessary for the purpose of our conversation.

The bolded in your post, about SR having explanation to make, is well taken care of by my last post. If Dino or madam sue SR, the burden of proof is on them to prove that their telephone was bugged.

All said, SR is in the right direction with this one as any expose on corruption is good for the public even if it is regarded as limited and one-sided.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye And Akoh Ikpeme Caught On Tape Talking Bribe (Audio By Sahara R.) by cristianisraeli: 2:24pm On May 30, 2017
kjhova:

Relax bro. You should listen to yourself also. While at that, you should re-read my previous post.

Sahara Reporters aren't taking Dino or anyone to court and thus are not tenderring this recording as exibit to anything. If so, then your argument holds.

DSS is not involved in this matter to our best knowledge from information that is in public space. Therefore, the whole narrative about DSS is unnecessary for the purpose of our conversation.

The bolded in your post, about SR having explanation to make, is well taken care of by my last post. If Dino or madam sue SR, the burden of proof is on them to prove that their telephone was bugged.

All said, SR is in the right direction with this one as any expose on corruption is good for the public even if it is regarded as limited and one-sided.

please where is the corruption here?he could say hes buying groundnuts from the woman and she asked him to pay in dollars.i think your not truly listening to your self man..are you saying its legal to bug or wiretap someone?how did they get the recording?if its not invasion of privacy then its character Assassination.there are lots dino can sue them for.as long as sahara wasnt in the room while they were having that conversation..my friend its illegal..you keep saying this.the burden of proof is on them to prove that their telephone was bugged..if they phone wasnt bugged or wire tapped..please answer..HOW DID THEY GET IT?..they only people that need to prove something is sahara..they have to tell us how they got it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obidients Plan 100km Car Drive Procession For Peter Obi (pictures) / President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) / MC Oluomo Shares Gifts At His APC Road Show (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.