Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,957 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

How Is The Biafra Day Celebration In Your Area? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Biafra Day Celebration In Your Area? (543 Views)

Biafra Day: IPOB Orders Sit-At-Home In Igboland, Benue, Adamawa, Kogi, Kaduna / We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics / Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Is The Biafra Day Celebration In Your Area? by ipreach: 8:36am On May 30, 2017
Please update us with with is happening in your area as regard to Biafra 'sit at home' celebration day especially those of you in south east states.
Re: How Is The Biafra Day Celebration In Your Area? by Abumtestimony1: 8:54am On May 30, 2017
Igbo Kwenu!!! Our Heroes past..,we in time soon will make you all proud of the course you died for. Meanwhile, the popular Nkwor Igbo-Ukwu Market Anambra is totally shot down in solidarity. The Almajiris and Unity beggars thinks the Biafrans depend on daily hustle to eat..
Re: How Is The Biafra Day Celebration In Your Area? by eksammy(m): 9:18am On May 30, 2017
I drove from Aba to PH this morning.

Aba is on complete lock down

Obigbo is 95% compliant as all shops are locked

But inside port harcourt there seems to be some activity though 70% of shops are locked. But offices are open.

There is conspicous absense of buses on the road.

A key thing i also noticed is the absence of Army at all the major checkpoints from Asa to Ph, infact i only met police at imo bridge entering ph...and they were just sitting on the roadside unlike this time last year when they were conducting stop and search for all vehicles because of the Biafra day.

All in all i think Igbos are genuinely committed to this cause....see some picx i snapped on my way...

1st is deserted aba owerri road aba
2nd is ariaria market aba
3rd is army check point near ph

(1) (Reply)

Full Transcript Of The Conversation Between Dino Melaye And Judge Akon Ikpeme / Why Igbos Never Blame Their Governors For Underdevelopment ?? / Nigeria’s Sustainable Development Goals Outlook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.