Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing (6915 Views)

WAEC Has Offered The Finance Minister A Chance To Resit Her Maths Exam / Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) / Ohanaeze Condoles With Igbo Haitians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2010
otokx:

Everyday in Nigeria for many is a Natural disaster of epic proportions so let us look inwards and help those around who have some level of intelligence.

This is a post filled with very Simple common sense. I like it. cool
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

You really are not getting it. In situations like this, you send in experts, not someone who is inexperienced or wanting to gain experience. Our red cross may be experienced as part of a peace keeping forces in a war zone, but it  is not the same as a disaster zone.

For the record, a few charities organisation in the UK have refused to participate because they do not have the resources - Training, money and man power. Even though they have helped sometimes in the past. I mean, using your logic, these people should just go in because "help is needed". Our red cross going in will require security, housing etc. These will do nothing but stretch the little help available further. Hence why I asked you what training Nigeria's red cross have etc.

The US troops going in are people who are trained in these aspect of Humanitarian disaster.

I have raised many issues and questions, yet you appear to be knit-picking and not able to answer any one of them. Please explain to me why Nigeria should offer help, when we need those help at home. How hard is that to comprehend?

Nitpicking? Stop being funny, you are just about not offering help to Haiti for reasons best known to you. You even mentioned sending the Red Cross to the Niger Delta as an excuse, as if there is a humanitarian catastrophe of even distantly comparable proportion there. Lets not forget that your reason for not offering help has wandered first from [size=14pt]politicising [/size]to the current so called "inexperience" of our peace keeping resources. What experience I ask? Apparently, in your books, war zones aren't akin to disaster area's.

Perhaps you might want to tell us the real reason why you are against helping Haitians, is it that you just don't care?
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf look let us offer help. . . Here is one reason we should offer help.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382981.0.html#msg5333544

grin

What a joke of a nation and citizens.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2010
^
What has that got to do with Haiti? I fail to see the connection.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by slap1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2010
Haitians need anything related to HELP, however, remotely. Haiti needs both the handicapped and the leggycapped to help them. Those peeps sleeps in the streets for God's sake!
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by slap1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2010
Haitians need anything related to HELP, however, remotely. Haiti needs both the handicapped and the leggycapped to help them. Those peeps sleeps in the streets for God's sake!
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

Nitpicking? Stop being funny, you are just about not offering help to Haiti for reasons best known to you. You even mentioned sending the Red Cross to the Niger Delta as an excuse, as if there is a humanitarian catastrophe of even distantly comparable proportion there. Lets not forget that your reason for not offering help has wandered first from [size=14pt]politicising [/size]to the current so called "inexperience" of our peace keeping resources. What experience I ask? Apparently, in your books, war zones aren't akin to disaster area's.

Perhaps you might want to tell us the real reason why you are against helping Haitians, is it that you just don't care?

Yes you are. Please start by answering my questions.

As an individual, I am not stopping anyone from offering any help of any kind. As a nation? I disagree. Please get your facts straight. Besides, you do not know if I have offered my own help or not, so please stop with the silly assumptions. It sucks that you can make such assumptions and not see the point I am making.

Again in a war zone is not the same as a disaster zone. While there are similarities in a few places, there are too many differences. On that basis alone, that makes our Red crosses and troops inexperienced.

Again you are missing my point. I satirically made a point that we should sort out our internal issues of Niger delta than wasting any resources to offer help as a nation to the outside world. That is my point, but you again missed it.

No, our reason for NOT offering help is because we have our own issues as a Nation to deal with. If the US is having such issues as Nigeria, I have a feeling there will be outcry over the help been offered.

Finally, I keep asking you. What kind of help should Nigeria offer? I have told you that if you can think of any, I am happy to tell you where that help can be put to good use at home. Please understand my post before you make a reply next time. smiley
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by otokx(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2010
We cannot give what we do not have.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

Beaf look let us offer help. . . Here is one reason we should offer help.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382981.0.html#msg5333544

grin

What a joke of a nation and citizens.

This is why you cannot understand my points. Your inability to see the bigger picture. How long have the Jos issue been going on? How long more will there be killings over stupid reasons like tribes, where people come from and the kind of religion they practice? You see, these are just tip of the ice berg of the various issues affecting us.

You know the kind of help you are asking Nigeria as a nation to give? Yeah, that help can go towards sorting out those issue in the link I posted. [Read the news link]

It is not rocket science man. We at this point in Nigeria's history have so much issue that offering help to another nation is ironic and hypocritical.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2010
@ElRazur

Why the long essays? Have I hit you in the right spot? grin
My friend, instead of asking me to suggest ways Nigeria can help, but I have already done that (if only you would look). Several countries can only offer token help, but a drop of water makes the mighty ocean. We cannot match what Senegal has done, but we can surely do as much as Kenya and they have deeper problems than us.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

@ElRazur

Why the long essays? Have I hit you in the right spot? grin
My friend, instead of asking me to suggest ways Nigeria can help, but I have already done that (if only you would look). Several countries can only offer token help, but a drop of water makes the mighty ocean. We cannot match what Senegal has done, but we can surely do as much as Kenya and they have deeper problems than us.

Hit me? You can't hit what you cant reach. I am like Muhammed Ali, Mike tyson, Lennox Lewis and Sugar ray all wrapped up in the body of one human - ElRazur. grin

On nairaland, it is necessary sometimes to post lengthy but simplified post so as to get the point across. grin

Just to clarify matters, just suggest one form of help Nigeria as a nation can offer? grin I will tell you two or three places that help can go in Nigeria. Deal? grin
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

Hit me? You can't hit what you cant reach. I am like Muhammed Ali, Mike tyson, Lennox Lewis and Sugar ray all wrapped up in the body of one human - ElRazur. grin

. . .And what a sight it is to see that lethal combination of boxers knocking themselves out. grin

ElRazur:

On nairaland, it is necessary sometimes to post lengthy but simplified post so as to get the point across. grin

Just to clarify matters, just suggest one form of help Nigeria as a nation can offer? grin I will tell you two or three places that help can go in Nigeria. Deal? grin

Long posts, like long sentences and essays in response to simple questions usually signify either lack of skill or understanding. Its called "rambling".
You have failed woefully with your suggestion of sending the Red Cross to the Niger Delta instead of Haiti. You have failed in retorting that the Red Cross does not have experience (although, they can presumably get this in the Niger Delta from your viewpoint); so why should I provide you more examples just so you can come back with more harebrained "reasons"?

Not offering even token help to Haiti is inhumane in my books.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by edoyad(m): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
Nigerians think alot of trash and as a result spew it out eventually. A country where initial figures are estimating 200 thousand people dead, govt operating from a police station and even the resident UN chief dead , is not a pressing enough issue for us to help ?
But we have money to waste sending Nigerians to Saudi and Jerusalem so they can make 'heaven' right ? Or money to buy limousines for your paedophile Emirs and SUVs for your illiterate Imams ? What about private jets for noveau riche pastors ? The truth is nobody's expecting anything from our contraption in the first place so lets continue in our ignominy.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf you clearly do not understand my points. It sucks having to repeat myself. Please read again.

You claim it is inhumane to offer no help to Haiti, simple questions though. Is it humane then that people suffer on a daily basis in Nigeria? Is it humane that some places like regions in the ND have their kids taught under a tree instead of classroom? Is it humane that while millions lack basic healthcare, the man that can make a difference is a foreign country spending taxpayers money on his own health?

Oh yeah, whatever your answer to the above let us "help" Haiti.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2010
Eyoda

Nothing gun blazing about your post. It is nothing but another post based on emotions. Surely, given the state of Nigeria on the inside, sorting our own issues and getting our priorities right is what we should be focusing on?
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

Beaf you clearly do not understand my points. It sucks having to repeat myself. Please read again.

You claim it is inhumane to offer no help to Haiti, simple questions though. Is it humane then that people suffer on a daily basis in Nigeria? Is it humane that some places like regions in the ND have their kids taught under a tree instead of classroom? Is it humane that while millions lack basic healthcare, the man that can make a difference is a foreign country spending taxpayers money on his own health?

Oh yeah, whatever your answer to the above let us "help" Haiti.

Every country has internal problems even the US. The US has its own issue's with food security and poverty;
http://hungerreport.org/2009/chapters/us-poverty/62-current-reform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States

There is simply no excuse, my friend.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by edoyad(m): 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2010
It is not my emotions speaking here, it is common sense. Common sense dictates that you return to the world a favour done to you in the late 60s when you people decided to kill yourselves with your own hands. That's how the world does and should work, this is even a natural disaster and not a civil war.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2010
To compare Nigeria and US in the manner you have just did, is like comparing a battery to a Nuclear plant.  Again what specific help will you like to see us offer? Apart from your need to feel important I.e gives you that fluffy feeling that your country Nigeria is doing something on a world stage (as evident in your thread title)
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

To compare Nigeria and US in the manner you have just did, is like comparing a battery to a Nuclear plant.  Again what specific help will you like to see us offer? Apart from your need to feel important I.e gives you that fluffy feeling that your country Nigeria is doing something on a world stage (as evident in your thread title)

Both batteries and nuclear plants can produce electricity, they will differ only in the quantity.
Fluffy feeling? No, its about being humane and well adjusted.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2010
Edoyad

Common sense dictates and instinct states that you ensure your survival (in this case, as a nation) over others. You just don't help when you are badly on need yourself. Where is the logic?
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by flashgeek: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2010
You people should stop calling Nigeria the giant of AFRICA.We are not even in the top 10 countries in Africa so how can we be the giant
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf (I'm out and using my phone, hence why I'm keeping it short for you)

Humane will be fixing those issues I raised FIRST. Been well adjusted, will be looking after your own people as a nation first.

If you are so keen  about been humane and not to do with your "nigeria is a giant and most do something and make you feel big mentality" Please tell me what you will like us to do. Something you have refused to answer time and time again.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Omolulu(m): 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2010
Whether there are internal problems or not, Nigeria should offer at least a token gesture, it's not like if the gesture was used in Nigeria we would automatically become a developed country, Reading about the situation as well as seeing videos and pictures on the calamity shows me that Nigeria is in every position to help, Haiti has always been one of the poorest nations and have been reliant on aid for a long time, so poor they resorted to mud cakes as a local delicacy. True the Aid we might send can be used in Nigeria but it would also help in offering some relief to Haiti, it's not a matter of internal problems cos we know our problems but would rather cheat ourselves than develop the country, they need immediate assistance so Nigeria should extend whatever gesture it can, Money to one of the relief organization or men of the Nigerian Army to help with relief activities wouldn't be a bad idea
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

Beaf (I'm out and using my phone, hence why I'm keeping it [b]short [/b]for you)

Humane will be fixing those issues I raised FIRST. Been well adjusted, will be looking after your own people as a nation first.

If you are so keen  about been humane and not to do with your "nigeria is a giant and most do something and make you feel big mentality" Please tell me what you will like us to do. Something you have refused to answer tommy and time again.  

Thanks for keeping it short. grin
There is more about Nigeria being responsible than us being some mythical giant. Giving help to your neighbour does not require that you have zero problems. A great part of belonging to society is being humane and without society, civilisation cannot exist; maybe this is the real problem with Nigeria?
We need to help those in dire need or we risk losing the meaning of what it is to be human.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

Thanks for keeping it short. grin
There is more about Nigeria being responsible than us being some mythical giant. Giving help to your neighbour does not require that you have zero problems. A great part of belonging to society is being humane and without society, civilisation cannot exist; maybe this is the real problem with Nigeria?
We need to help those in dire need or we risk losing the meaning of what it is to be human.

So by your own logic we have forgotten how to be human and humane to to those who are in dire need at home, but we should export these to another nation? Oh now I get it.

It reminds me of when Nigeria offered help to help peace keep in a new democratic nation then [was it Liberia??] even though we were under the stronghold of a military government. I guess it is people with your mentality that made the decision? I really do get it now.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

So by your own logic we have forgotten how to be human and humane to to those who are in dire need at home, but we should export these to another nation? Oh now I get it.

It reminds me of when Nigeria offered help to help peace keep in a new democratic nation then [was it Liberia??] even though we were under the stronghold of a military government. I guess it is people with your mentality that made the decision? I really do get it now.

The help given to Liberia is something Liberians are ever thankful for. It is the best we could have done in the siuation and thank God we did it. Today, Liberia is a growing country once again, they have even produced Africa's first female head of state.

The beast, Charles Taylor is longer fanning the embers of war across West Africa, but is rightly facing a trial for war crimes after being handed over by guess who?

Oh yes! Liberia was a job well done and that selfless display of humanity will forever be a pride to Nigeria! Doff your hat to the proud soldiers and leaders that brought it about.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2010
Do you know how to debate? Dont knit pick. Gosh, you just did again. If you noticed, I also put question marks behind the country - Meaning I am not too sure. How I wish you will expand on other things that I am sure of. grin

By the way, your post confirmed the "feel good mentality" that I have mentioned all along. Get over yourself and your rubbish country, at best it is God's toilet. See my signature. grin
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by mustafar1: 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2010
and liberian women also know that nigerian soldiers did a great job at fathering quite a large chunk of their pikins. grin
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Beaf: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

Do you know how to debate? Dont knit pick. Gosh, you just did again. If you noticed, I also put question marks behind the country - Meaning I am not too sure. How I wish you will expand on other things that I am sure of. grin

By the way, your post confirmed the "feel good mentality" that I have mentioned all along. Get over yourself and your rubbish country, at best it is God's toilet. See my signature. grin

What exactly was worth debating in that post you made aside from the mention of Liberia? Nothing.

You are happily stating that you aren't even sure of the name of a country you have given as supporting evidence for your argument. . . Damn! grin
That only means aren't even sure of your argument. cool You don't know what you are talking about, yet you say so with pride.

Thankfully, there are moves by Nigeria to help Haiti, its just that we are way too slow.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by ElRazur: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

What exactly was worth debating in that post you made aside from the mention of Liberia? Nothing.

You are happily stating that you aren't even sure of the name of a country you have given as supporting evidence for your argument. . . Damn! grin
That only means aren't even sure of your argument. cool You don't know what you are talking about, yet you say so with pride.

Thankfully, there are moves by Nigeria to help Haiti, its just that we are way too slow.

Erm. Okay. I think Arsenal V Bolton is more entertaining. I stand by my points. smiley
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Konadub: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2010
That is a respectful gesture by the nation of Senegal. Nigeria and some other West African nations should offer similar gestures.
Re: Senegal Offers Land To Haitians While Nigeria Has Offered Nothing by Okukk(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2010
I don't see the point condemning our govt because we didn't offer land to Haitian. Atleast we have sympathize with them, I think that is paramount. Nigeria has it's own trouble to contain with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why EKO ATLANTIC CITY May Just Be The BIGGEST 'Plot Of Water' In Africa! / Our Officer Didn't Shoot Any Medical Doctor - Delta PPRO, DSP Edafe / Oyebanji Restates Call On FG To Immortalize Late Col Adekunle Fajuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.