Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause (1693 Views)

DSS: Hijack Of Luxury Buses Along Lokoja-Okene Road Is Fake News / Biafra: AI Goes Tough, Declares Ipob The Most Peaceful Successionist Movement / Reason Why Buhari Must Fight Ipob The More... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause by ccbenny(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
This agitation hasn't been properly executed.
It's wrong to think it will be as it was in 1967. Between then and now things have changed, so if the agitation is to be successfully sustained, then things like the territory needs to be revisited. Let those who were part in 1967 express their desire to remain a part of it or not. It's not wise to assume that the status quo remains like it was before.
Also, let Nnandi Zkanu properly explain that it's not just an Ibo affair, because there are non-Igbo tribes in the former map of Biafra.
Also why people should support Biafra.
If these are addressed, I expect more sympathy and support for the cause.
Re: Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause by modik(m): 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
bullabong:
Good example of a jobless fellow.

I'm your employer.

All hail Biafra!
Re: Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause by kingzizzy: 3:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
bullabong:

but today I ask,

*what is Nnamdi Kanu fighting for/against?

*What injustice is IPOB clamoring for/ against?

And your answer is as good as mine...none!!

Let me explain it to you in laymans terms. Britain that created Nigeria is made up of 4 contituent parts, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Even though Scotland was well treated by Britain, even though Scotland was not marginalised by Britain, even though Scotland had a lot to gain by remaining part of Britain which is the 5th richest country in the world, Scotland agitated to leave Britain. Britain didnt start asking Scotland the useless questions you are asking Biafrans

What are you fighting for?
What injustice are you clamouring against,

These questions are not for Nigerians to ask Biafrans same as it was not Britains to ask Scotland. What Britain did was to give Scotland a referendum in 2014. Nobody threatend war.

If Britain that created Nigeria can consider allowing some its people the right to go, tben who are you they made a 'Nigerian' to say 'one Nigeria'?

Self determination is a right of all people and any constituent area(s) of Nigeria are entitled to agitate to leave Nigeria at any time and for whatever reason.

Nigeria is but the illegal creation of the white man and we that were forced into that union entitled to go at any time
Re: Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause by bullabong(m): 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
kingzizzy:

Let me explain it to you in laymans terms. Britain that created Nigeria is made up of 4 contituent parts, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Even though Scotland was well treated by Britain, even though Scotland was not marginalised by Britain, even though Scotland had a lot to gain by remaining part of Britain which is the 5th richest country in the world, Scotland agitated to leave Britain. Britain didnt start asking Scotland the useless questions you are asking Biafrans

What are you fighting for?
What injustice are you clamouring against,

These questions are not for Nigerians to ask Biafrans same as it was not Britains to ask Scotland. What Britain did was to give Scotland a referendum in 2014. Nobody threatend war.

If Britain that created Nigeria can consider allowing some its people the right to go, tben who are you they made a 'Nigerian' to say 'one Nigeria'?

Self determination is a right of all people and any constituent area(s) of Nigeria are entitled to agitate to leave Nigeria at any time and for whatever reason.

Nigeria is but the illegal creation of the white man and we that were forced into that union entitled to go at any time

The useless examples you gave here cannot be used and expected to work in a grossly underdeveloped country like Nigeria. Instead what I expect of the touts agitating for sovereignty,is to try and develop an internal network that will bring the rest of Nigeria to their knees while also aiming at developing our political participation/human capital to be able to compete adequately in issues of political office holding. Maybe that will give yall a sense of being part of happenings in Nigeria rather than economic power of buying and selling.
Re: Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause by kingzizzy: 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
bullabong:
The useless examples you gave here cannot be used and expected to work in a grossly underdeveloped country like Nigeria. Instead what I expect of the touts agitating for sovereignty,is to try and develop an internal network that will bring the rest of Nigeria to their knees while also aiming at developing our political participation/human capital to be able to compete adequately in issues of political office holding. Maybe that will give yall a sense of being part of happenings in Nigeria rather than economic power of buying and selling.

What do you mean? That Nigeria is underdeveloped does not mean that they cannot do things in a civilised way like other developed countries do. Did Lugard develop any internal.netwirk before he created Nigeria? He just forced everyone together. IPOB is here to de-amalgamate Lugards illegal amalgamation of 1914 where people lands, including Igbos, were stolen to create the colonial fraud called Nigeria.
Re: Ipob...the Hijack Of A Noble Cause by bullabong(m): 5:46am On Jun 21, 2018
Let's go people!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Saying Election Will Hold In Anambra / Fulani Detailed Assesment By The Colonial Powers / I Have Not Been Seeing Ipob And Biafra Thread Here Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.