Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money (1956 Views)

I Need A Budget Phone Of 55-57k. A Good Value For Money. / Gionee A1 Lite Official Discussion Thread / Gionee A1: Price, Specs, Release Date And Rumours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by shapoh(m): 3:50pm On May 30, 2017
Check out the review of Gionee A1 on http://pulse.ng/tech/unboxing-first-impressions-gionees-a1-flagship-looks-and-feels-like-good-value-for-money-id6744392.html

Gionee says the A1 will cost N95,000 and it does feel like a bargain when you juxtapose the cost versus what you are getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdMlqvA0w2U

This is the first time I will ever be reviewing a Gionee device of any kind. In fact, I barely knew anything (beyond its Chinese roots) about the company. Now that I’ve had an encounter with the brand [via its latest ‘flagship’ — my word not theirs — A1 smartphone], I have a few things to say.
The Gionee A1's physical Home button also doubles as a fingerprint scanner.

The Gionee A1, I reviewed came in a sturdy White box which had the Gionee brand name and logo and an inscription of what I presume to be Sheyi Shay’s signature all inscribed in Gold, and an image of the phone with Sheyi Shay seemingly taking a selfie on it. All other specs and device are listed on the back of the box.
The Gionee A1, its box and other accessories.

Inside the box is the Gionee A1, an earpiece, a power brick (charger), USB 3.0 cable, a SIM tray opener, an extra screen protector and some paperwork (warranties and all that). Overall, the packaging is well done and direct.
The Gionee A1's 16MP front-facing camera.

The phone itself packs some flagship specs. It carries a 5.5-inch FHD IPS display made of 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3, a 16MP selfie flash front-facing camera and 13MP rear camera, 4GB of RAM and a 32GB ROM which is expandable up to 256GB, an octa-core processor running at 2.0GHz, a 4010mAh battery, 4G LTE support, a fingerprint scanner (also the Home button), Bluetooth 4.0, and an Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
The Gionee A1 feels very slim in the hand.

My review unit is black — very black and the build feels really premium to the touch. Despite the fact that the A1 is not a small phone, it does have a great form factor. Its curved back and rounded screen/edges make it feel slimmer than it actually is.

The glossy finish of the screen makes it a fingerprint magnet but I don’t mind wiping it off every now and then because the A1’s 5.5-inch FHD screen more than makes up for it. The design of the back of the Gionee A1 is very HTC-esque though, which does not win it any points in my book.
One design element that felt weird [especially when you’re holding it] is how the screen sits ontop of the A1’s main frame. It kind of feels like Gionee had finished building the phone and then remembered they had not tacked on the screen.
The wine-ish accent around the On/Off button is the only non black part of the Gionee A1.

The On/Off button does have a nice wine accent to it which is a nice touch (and the only part of this phone that is not awesomely black) and it sits just below the volume rockers on the right side of the phone. The SIM tray and memory card slot are located on the left side of the A1.
The GioneeA1 has two speaker grilles at the bottom.

The A1 has two speaker grilles at the bottom though only one contains an actual speaker while the other houses the microphone. The other microphone (for listening) rests atop the display between the front-facing camera, the sensors and the flash. Both the back and multi-window buttons are capacitive and rest on either side of the physical Home button, which also doubles as the fingerprint scanner, at the bottom of the display.
The Gionee A1's physical Home button also doubles as a fingerprint scanner

First Take: Gionee tells me the A1 will cost N95,000 and it does feel like a bargain when you juxtapose the cost versus what you are getting. It feels much more expensive in the hand, that’s for sure. I like the minimalist design, although I could do without the HTC looking back. I like how Gionee layered its Amigos skin on the Android Nougat — it isn’t in the way. The big battery seems like a good prospect and 4GB of RAM should make for a powerful device. More on all of that in the full review.

...copied from Pulse.NG
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by somo11: 7:29am On May 31, 2017
Got mine already and did my unboxing myself grin grin, the phone is great though
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by LordtripleM: 10:36am On May 31, 2017
Nice one Gionee...Keep making smiles grin
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by naruto1979: 1:22pm On May 31, 2017
Gionee A1 and Gionee A1 plus is really a great phone. They have awesome batteries for Gionee A1 can store a charge of up to 4010mAh while A1 Plus can store charge of 4550mAh. Given their class, these phones can stay without charging for duration of about twice that of an average smartphone.
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by henry007(m): 7:07pm On May 31, 2017
This looks like the love child of the Gionee A1 and Infinix S2

S2 pro Unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACCYAkVz-Kc

Watch the S2 Pro go up against the almighty iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO3D7hIhkJA&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N&index=2

Infinix S2 PRO X522 Vs TECNO Camon CX: Camera Comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMI67LiLkVA&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N&index=2

Infinix S2 Pro X522 Vs TECNO Camon CX Speed & Gaming Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR55roJCXas&index=4&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4RzbG6NjHvrpScOHHYLW89N
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by LordtripleM: 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Is this a Gionee thread or Infinix?
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by Phreshy012: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2017
The Gionee A1 specs are on point...I am surprised with these high standard specs can actually cost very cheap.

16mp front camera is dope...
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by TechPanda(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2017
@ Op.
Since I Haven't Gotten My Hands On The A1, I'm Kinda Curious.
Hope You Don't Mind?
Is The A1 As Light As Samsung Edge?
Personally, I Was Hoping It Would Come With The New Bluetooth Version 5.
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by henry007(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
TechPanda:
@ Op.
Since I Haven't Gotten My Hands On The A1, I'm Kinda Curious.
Hope You Don't Mind?
Is The A1 As Light As Samsung Edge?
Personally, I Was Hoping It Would Come With The New Bluetooth Version 5.

There's no phone like Samsung edge, also you can simply google the weight of the A1 and any other phone.

Without googling, i already know the A1 is not a light weight because of its 4000mah.
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by TechPanda(m): 6:38am On Jun 11, 2017
henry007:
There's no phone like Samsung edge.
. Please What Century Are You Typing From? . Am Thinking The 18th Century.
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by henry007(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
TechPanda:

Please What Century Are You Typing From?
Am Thinking The 18th Century.

Please if you're young and tech savvy, which phone is samsung edge?
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by TechPanda(m): 5:54am On Jun 12, 2017
henry007:

Please if you're young and tech savvy, which phone is samsung edge?
Welcome To The 21st Century, Ichabod Crane. grin . Does This Look Familiar?

Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by henry007(m): 9:15am On Jun 12, 2017
TechPanda:

Welcome To The 21st Century, Ichabod Crane. grin
Does This Look Familiar?

That's a samsung galaxy s7 edge

Is that even the first(note edge), second(s6 edge) or third phone(s6 edge+) with an edge display from the samsung galaxy line?

why would someone just say samsung edge and expect us to know which one they mean?

1 Like

Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by TechPanda(m): 1:00am On Jun 13, 2017
henry007:

why would someone just say samsung edge and expect us to know which one they mean?
Sorry If I Got You Confused, But You Should Understand That I Was Refering To The General Edge Serie.
Same Way I Could Say "Camon C Is Not Good Value For Money" - Am Refering To The Series Of C.
Back To The Edge Series, Talking About The S6 Edge In Particular, That Phone Is Damn Light, You Could Throw It Away By Mistake grin
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2017
henry007:

There's no phone like Samsung edge, also you can simply google the weight of the A1 and any other phone.

Without googling, i already know the A1 is not a light weight because of its 4000mah.

It's surprisingly light weight.!
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by henry007(m): 12:36am On Jun 14, 2017
TechPanda:

Sorry If I Got You Confused, But You Should Understand That I Was Refering To The General Edge Serie.
Same Way I Could Say "Camon C Is Not Good Value For Money" - Am Refering To The Series Of C.
Back To The Edge Series, Talking About The S6 Edge In Particular, That Phone Is Damn Light, You Could Throw It Away By Mistake grin

Here's the thing, there's no edge series. There's a camon series.
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by Phreshy012: 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
Gionee Rocks....
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by HarveyDeven: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Looks way better than I expected when the news about it started appearing. I would buy this, I think!
Re: Gionee's A1 Flagship Looks And Feels Like Good Value For Money by Phreshy012: 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
HarveyDeven:
Looks way better than I expected when the news about it started appearing. I would buy this, I think!

Gionee A1 rocks i tell u.

(1) (Reply)

The Cheapest Phone With Amazing Specs; Lenovo Vibe Z2 / I Lost My Phone,anyone That Can Help Track It With IMEI / Lg G5 Very Neat Still Up For Sale#23k Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.