Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,428 members, 7,853,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order (30515 Views)

CAN Backs Placing Of Nigeria On Watchlist By US / Sanwo-Olu Honours Chaplain Femi Taiwo, Sacked After Encounter With Ambode’s Wife / Nigerians React As They Recall Problem Between Ambode’s Wife And Sacked Chaplain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by ivolt: 8:18am On May 31, 2017
duchilock:

Yes he can be sacked but not evicted under 24 hours.
It is never done anywhere as regards employer employee relationship for a 24 hours eviction notice. Even the court can never issue such.

Let him sue the lagos state government to court for evicting him in 24 hours.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by yinks0067: 8:27am On May 31, 2017
sunnysunny69:
He's a pastor working for Lagos state government under ministry of home affairs headed by a Muslim named lookman seriki. He won't get a fair deal. If Ambode's wife ask him to remove an imam, can he remove him with a 24 hour altimatum to vacate the mosque like that in Lagos state ?
why shouldnt we end religious bogotry for once ...all this sacking it shows how pastors have really degraded themselves .whether imam or pastor sacked, it shows we are in a religious mess in this country
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by jerryfisher(m): 8:45am On May 31, 2017
this is the reason why the Catholic Church left the so call CAN

1 Like

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Myself2(m): 8:48am On May 31, 2017
micmond:

Sir! what the CAN exco's came out to do did not in anyway dispel any lies rather they succeeded in putting more people in confusion as to what exactly lead to the sacking of the Chaplin. Who and what are they afraid?

That's your interpration, not mine and a lot of other people's
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Pelebabaagba(m): 9:19am On May 31, 2017
[quote author=metro2 post=57032030]

He said: “The Governing Council has the constitutional responsibility and authority to recruit and to terminate two officers who run the Chapel who are the presiding Chaplain, who is the senior officer and the Chaplain, who is the deputy. So, the presiding chaplain and the chaplain are officers of the chapel and officers of the government of Lagos State.

“Deaconess Mrs Bolanle Ambode as far as we know is a true woman of God who fears God and lives a godly live and whom it has pleased God to raise to be first Lady of Lagos State at this time. The error of judgment by the said newspaper is most unfortunate and unfair to her, unfair to the entire Lagos State Government and unfair to the church at large in Lagos.

The Chaplin's offence was not stated categorically in this article. All what CAN was saying does not even add up at all. This is a clear case of confusion and fear on the path of CAN.

I lost my respect for CAN immediately I read what they about Mrs Ambode.. Although I've been loosing my respect for them since the days of Ayo Orisejafor.

They are all finding Favour in the eyes of Mrs Ambode. SMH[url][/url] undecided
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by GuntersChain(m): 9:27am On May 31, 2017
I see.

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by jeff1993: 9:55am On May 31, 2017
ivolt:

Your god kanu is mixing his fake jewish faith with his political ambition but you saw nothing wrong with that. You are simply irredeemable.
..... Hello did u miss ur Way!!!!
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Nobody: 10:15am On May 31, 2017
who pays the piper dictates the tune.....Lagos can officials , y'all should be ashamed ......rabbish
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Enoma222(m): 10:21am On May 31, 2017
Am disappointed in CAN......
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by platinumphotos: 10:38am On May 31, 2017
Even if the sack is connected to Ambode's wife, I support it. You don't mess with ur employers and expect to get away with it. The Bible says that we should respect those that bare rule over us.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by ebby9z(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2017
They are sayinh so much but revealing nothing. If he wasnt sacked because of the governor's wife, why was he sacked and told to vacate his official residence the following day? CAN really thinks Nigerians are fool and will swallow whatever they say hook, line and sinker. Moreover, who doesn't know where CAN stands on issues bordering on politicians. Greased palms trying to assume position of spiritual authority

2 Likes

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by royalty18: 11:05am On May 31, 2017
Hmmm. This is a clear case of world in the church, church in the world. I wasn't there but I find it a bit difficult to believe this story. Was there really an anointing service? Were members not there? Did they not see her leave the queue angrily?
I expected at least CAN to tell us exactly the offence the Chaplain has committed insomuch that he had to vacate in 24 hours! Not trying to take our minds off the scenario at the anointing service!!

More so, in my opinion, I do not like the idea of government being in control of church, all in the name of having a chapel right in the Government House.
If you really want to serve God, why can't you go to church? What exactly is the main reason behind churches or mosques inside government houses?? You can't tell me it's security because they go to different functions in the open fields all over so what is it?
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by toggy: 11:20am On May 31, 2017
Jeremiah 9:3
"They bend their tongue like their bow; Lies and not truth prevail in the land; For they proceed from evil to evil, And they do not know Me," declares the LORD.

Proverbs 24:28
Do not be a witness against your neighbor without cause, And do not deceive with your lips.

Alas!!!

We got problems in this country! Can you Imagine...?

Where do we run to, not even the Church of God anymore. Politics everywhere. We have suddenly sold our conscience to Money the root of all evils.

This is sad!
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by POTUT(m): 11:36am On May 31, 2017
jeff1993:
When will we learn that Politics n Religion are like Oil and Water!!!! ..... They can never MIX!!!!

Afonjas can never fail to Dissapoint !!!!! ..... They can never Comprehend either!!!!!

But this has nothing to do with being Yoruba or not...? I am ashamed at your comment. Do you not see that our own Rochas is capable of this kind of act? There is evil in everyone...and Paul admonishes us all to mortify it.

Please stop afonjarin...it won't help anyone. Discuss matters intelligently.

1 Like

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by POTUT(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2017
platinumphotos:
Even if the sack is connected to Ambode's wife, I support it. You don't mess with ur employers and expect to get away with it. The Bible says that we should respect those that bare rule over us.

Sorry, you misapply that verse. We respect the governor and his office. But within the body of Christ, that verse is irrelevant, because Christ himself did say that if anyone wished to be prominent among us (chief in the church), that person should first humble her/himself and serve the others.

1 Like

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by jeff1993: 11:44am On May 31, 2017
POTUT:

But this has nothing to do with being Yoruba or not...? I am ashamed at your comment. Do you not see that OUR OWN Rochas is capable of this kind of act? There is evil in everyone...and Paul admonishes us all to mortify it.

Please stop afonjarin...it won't help anyone. Discuss matters intelligently.
,...... "OUR OWN" ....... Sorry ma/sa am quite diff ......The word is supposed to be "MY OWN"
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by toggy: 12:06pm On May 31, 2017
platinumphotos:

Bros, i am not concern about anything connected to Ambode's wife, i am deeply concern about CAN. You can decide to support evil or good. That is not my problem. Nobody have the right to judge but God's judgement is the ultimate.

1 Like

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Idultimate: 12:14pm On May 31, 2017
sunnysunny69:
He's a pastor working for Lagos state government under ministry of home affairs headed by a Muslim named lookman seriki. He won't get a fair deal. If Ambode's wife ask him to remove an imam, can he remove him with a 24 hour altimatum to vacate the mosque like that in Lagos state ?
. Ao sure are we that Ambode wife is a pastor in RCCG cause i can boldly say that this is not part of Daddy Adeboye's teachings for Us(RCCG) bible says "touch not my annoited & do my prophet no harm" & for cryin out loud A Venerable... I SHALL NEVA B PART OF EVIL IJN... Am sorry ooo naija

1 Like

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by MENELIK1: 12:34pm On May 31, 2017
NicoBaba:
I be Afonja..... buh u my Igbo bro just made sense.. I give it to u. cheers

Yes, you are an Afonja that is why he made sense to you but for the Yorubas, he is saying thrash!
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by NicoBaba(m): 3:06pm On May 31, 2017
MENELIK1:

Yes, you are an Afonja that is why he made sense to you but for the Yorubas, he is saying thrash!
How can a "Holy" umbrella snitch against its own. why? wen its obvious the Venerable is Just. CAN has bin infiltrated with politics n corrupt practices since 600AD.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by olapink: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
sapele914:
Why didn't the punch newspaper tell you the clergyman's offence?The money in Alausa chapel is too much,offering did not match remittance,number one rule of the Mafia do not steal from the church,they will never forgive you.
the punch newspaper said it was because the governor's wife was not recognize during the church's anointing service. Mr man, can u prove ur allegation of the money issue you allege? ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base / Bomb Explodes At Buguma In Rivers: Wike Attending A Function! / Celebrations Throu Out Port Harcourt Over APC Victory (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.