Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work (3012 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / Woman Drinks Concoction From A Pastor And Dies, Buried Amidst Tears (Pics) / Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 10:37pm On May 30, 2017
People of Nairaland, I need help biko! my girlfriend of 3 years just broke up with me after a pastor she has never seen before just came to her and told her the relationship can't work... pls this is a very serious case, what will you do if you were in her shoes or what do you advice me to do pls? the love is actually there but just yesterday everything has become sour, is it now normal to believe anything just like that? pls I need help.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by APCsupporter: 10:44pm On May 30, 2017
the pastor will soon say that he has been told that she is his God-chosen partner. hmmm

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by tukdi: 10:45pm On May 30, 2017
So if you guys were married, that's how she would have also left! cool

My brother thank God and move on with your life! grin

Unless you are not telling us the complete gist! undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by technicallyrich(m): 10:47pm On May 30, 2017
I know how you fell,because psychologically the person that fell the pain more of a broken relationship is the one that they dump why she would have been ready emotionally before quitting.
My advice is for you not to rush and start begging her that will kill the remaning fellings she has for you as nobody likes weak men but just tell her ok and give her time at best you send people to talk to her but not you.
Just. Console yourself with the fact that women are virtually. Everywhere looking for husband now.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2017
tukdi:
So if you guys were married, that's how she would have also left! cool

My brother thank God and move on with your life! grin

Unless you are not telling us the complete gist! undecided

That's the complete version bro. nothing to hide.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 10:49pm On May 30, 2017
technicallyrich:
I know how you fell,because psychologically the person that fell the pain more of a broken relationship is the one that they dump why she would have been ready emotionally before quitting.
My advice is for you not to rush and start begging her that will kill the remaning fellings she has for you as nobody likes weak men but just tell her ok and give her time at best you send people to talk to her but not you.
Just. Console yourself with the fact that women are virtually. Everywhere looking for husband now.

Thanks for your reply dear, I'm very grateful.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by tukdi: 10:50pm On May 30, 2017
D34lw4p:

That's the complete version bro. nothing to hide.
Bro just thank God she is gone! life goes on! undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by peterdrury: 10:52pm On May 30, 2017
I feel its a story to suit the break up. Let time do the healing bro, move on.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 10:54pm On May 30, 2017
tukdi:

Bro just thank God she is gone! life goes on! undecided
I know life goes on bro but its not easy.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 10:54pm On May 30, 2017
peterdrury:
I feel its a story to suit the break up. Let time do the healing bro, move on.

Thanks.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by efficiencie(m): 11:01pm On May 30, 2017
D34lw4p:
People of Nairaland, I need help biko! my girlfriend of 3 years just broke up with me after a pastor she has never seen before just came to her and told her the relationship can't work... pls this is a very serious case, what will you do if you were in her shoes or what do you advice me to do pls? the love is actually there but just yesterday everything has become sour, is it now normal to believe anything just like that? pls I need help.

Its either she is smart and the pastor is right or she is dumb and the pastor is a con man...in the case of the former you've got to fix yourself and in the case of the later you just escaped a cesspit...either way "what ever does not kill you, makes you stronger"! Man up and do the needful!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2017
efficiencie:

Its either she is smart and the pastor is right or she is dumb and the pastor is a con man...in the case of the former you've got to fix yourself and in the case of the later you just escaped a cesspit...either way "what ever does not kill you, makes you stronger"! Man up and do the needful!
hmmm...Thanks smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 30, 2017
Accept her opinion and move with ur life. It might seem u have failed but it's high time to better than her

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 30, 2017
But some pastors are agent of disaster.op if you have implored her and she refused.dear quite her.she isn't fit for you. my advice tho

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:20pm On May 30, 2017
If she is that foolish to throw away what you guys had, then let this be a blessing in disguise and be happy to be free of that future liability.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by tukdi: 11:39pm On May 30, 2017
D34lw4p:

I know life goes on bro but its not easy.
Exactly! cool

But just take your mind away from it, you'll overcome it! grin

Failed relationship is better than failed marriage! grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by OlujobaSamuel: 11:55pm On May 30, 2017
@op, i had the similar experience.
How i addressed it.
I knew we are good to go.
I see her as a sister and not just partner, so was ready to protect her at all cost.
The pastor had nothing tangible against me as he just felt threatened by my presence so needs to break the bond.
I let her be, send her words of encouragement.
I pray without ceasing at any point.
Then I talked to a spiritual mentor about it, who happens to be my pastor and her pastor.
He joined me in working on it.
Secrets were revealed, and the pastor(seer) lost his grip over her, as he fell off the standard which she placed him.
So, you need prayer, time, patience, endurance and kind words.
NB: Despite coming back stronger, the effects of the seer still shows up, you need to know how to manage the relationship not to fail.
also, if it doesnt work out at the end, learn to move on.
It's not all vision that come to pass, its not coming to pass doesn't mean it's false.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by Pastafarian: 12:00am On May 31, 2017
front-page loading
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 11:42am On May 31, 2017
OAM4J, lalasticlala
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by WealthAroundYou(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2017
Move on
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 11:59am On May 31, 2017
WealthAroundYou:
Move on

Just like that? its not so easy bro.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by Seun(m): 12:19pm On May 31, 2017
D34lw4p:
my girlfriend of 3 years just broke up with me after a pastor she has never seen before just came to her and told her the relationship can't work...
What reasons did the pastor give your girlfriend to support his view that your relationship with her cannot work?
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by WealthAroundYou(m): 12:27pm On May 31, 2017
D34lw4p:

Even if she decides to come back now, will you still accept her wholly like you did before, there will be doubts and questions and suspicions. How did she decide to quite a relationship of 3 years just like that, think of it, if she can throw it out of the window, so can you.

It's a spilled milk, crying over it is a waste of time. I know it's hard, like I said, move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by D34lw4p(m): 12:36pm On May 31, 2017
Seun:
What reasons did the pastor give your girlfriend to support his view that your relationship with her cannot work?

she said the pastor said there's danger in the future if we become married.
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:04pm On May 31, 2017
D34lw4p:

Yeah it isn't easy, its called LIFE.... You could cry all day long, beg her on your knees, tell her you will kill yourself and she would still not change her mind OR you can accept her decision and move on with your life, looking for someone who appreciate you

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by jonsnow92: 1:14pm On May 31, 2017
When God chose a wife for Adam..it ended in disaster..Infact Adam blamed God for the wife self..if that happened to Yahweh,Y should a pastor choose a wife for me or even tell me it can't work..Pastors that are just relatively smarter people and take advantage of Gullible followers?
Choose your wife,pray to God for guidance and Fruits and if you are lucky to have God choose a wife directly for you then consider yourself lucky and theb love her truly..That's all!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:21pm On May 31, 2017
Anybody that is gullible enough to believe anything a fellow human says about their future just because he has a tag "Pastor" to his name definitely isn't worth the stress... rubbish....baba better move on.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 31, 2017
Only God knows how many women these stupid and useless so-called pastors have made into perpetual single women for the rest of their lives -
and these weak minded women are so gullible, it's unbelievable !!!

My advice to you ?? Never marry religiously brainwashed women, make sure your future wife puts you first before a so called Pastor.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 31, 2017
Pastafarian:
front-page loading
ME don't know the kind of advice to give sef.....

Many have said it all above
Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by chemystery: 3:30pm On May 31, 2017
look for another girlfriend. the pastor just help you get rid of brain-dead fellow.

Such gullible person cannot mother my kids. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by kkins25(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2017
I too am skeptic about prophecies of marriage. I always ponder if there is such a thing as "your own wife/husband". I dont believe in such prophecies but nonetheless ive also encountered situations (from experience of others) where the prophecies became a life saver. You often hear pastors say "i pray you will not maery the wife that is not your own" - when in reality every marriage could prosper or crumble. So i keep asking if there are special situations for some people or for everyone there is actuall a wife for a particular husband.
When you look back to the marriage lifetmstyle of our ancestors-talking about the era of Adam to paul.
You will notice that marriages were organized by the party of the bride nd groom Irrespective of lack of affections between the bride and the groom unlike our "falling in love" phenomenon.

So is this prophetic marriage issue a spiritual development or its just something the western world incorporated into religion?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me Because A Pastor Told Her It Cant Work by stevecantrell: 4:58pm On May 31, 2017
Your story is by no means unique.

I even know cases where the girl took the guys names to the babalawo to know if it would work out.

Dont be surprised she took your name to a shrine and is just using pastor as a cover up

Count yourself fortunate, Shes has no brain or class at all.

Next time you go dating dont reveal too much about yourself in the early stages and dont let her get to know your mother's name until you know her better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Uses Sign Fireman To End A Woman's 14 Years Barrenness! / Prayers To Crucify The Flesh Daily And Be Holy. / A Good Film For Evangelism,pls Recommend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.