Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Prayers To Crucify The Flesh Daily And Be Holy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers To Crucify The Flesh Daily And Be Holy. (2998 Views)

Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayers To Crucify The Flesh Daily And Be Holy. by manehtech: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2022
Prayers to Crucify the Flesh Daily

And you shall remember, remember, remember that the Lord your God is a jealous God, who brings the people of Lebanon into deep, deep darkness and crushes the mountain peaks in His land. He has made Lebanon skip like a calf; Sirion leaps like a wild ox. The mountains quake before the Lord; the hills melt away. The earth trembles at His presence, even the world, and all who dwell in it. He makes Lebanon skip like a calf and Sirion like a young wild ox. The mountains quake before Him; the hills melt; and the earth heaves at His presence-yes, the world and all who dwell in it! Who can stand before His indignation? And who can endure the fierceness of His anger? His fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by Him.

The Lord is good! Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Blessed be those who trust in Him! Trust in Him with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear Jehovah, and depart from evil.

Galatians 5:16, 24: "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh… And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."

Romans 6:6: "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him…"

I Corinthians 15:31: "I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily."

Acts 20:24: "[Paul] testified both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 4:10-11: "Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake."

To gain mastery over the flesh, we need to be able to crucify it. The flesh is strong and likes to rule over you, but as a believer in Jesus Christ, you are no longer subject to its whims. However, the process of moving from the dominion of the flesh to the dominion of the spirit is a lifelong one, requiring all your time.

Here are some prayer points that can help you fight against your fleshly desires and move closer to God:

1) Lord, I recognize that my flesh is weak, and I surrender it completely to You for destruction.

2) As I progress throughout my day, I choose to crucify my flesh by refusing all worldly desires.

3) Help me remember that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and not allow myself to defile it through sin or indulgence.

4) Help me remember that I am in control of my flesh and that if I choose sin, it is of my own volition. Remind me that when I surrender to sin, it will lead only to death.

Our Father, I thank You for the grace to be a partaker of Your divine nature and glory.

Thank You for enabling me to overcome the temptations of the flesh, world, and devil.

Your Word assures me that sin shall not have dominion over me because I am not under the Law but under grace.

Your Word says that greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

Therefore, I take my stand against every power canvassing against my Christian walk and victory.

I reject any attempt by the enemy to erect an evil structure on my path of progress and victory.

I refuse to give place to any principalities or powers. I refuse to follow after the lusts of my flesh. I reject any attempt by the enemy to use my family members or friends against me as a means of drawing me away from following you wholeheartedly.

I determine right now to crucify my flesh daily with its affections, lusts, and desires through obedience to your word.

My heart's desire is to serve only You all the days of my life in Jesus name!

1. I will not be controlled by my flesh: I am controlled by my spirit (Romans 8:9).

2. I command all evil forces working against me to be bound by the blood of Jesus (Luke 10:19).

3. I command all forms of sickness, diseases, and infirmities to loose their hold on my life (Isaiah 53:4-5).

4. I nullify every negative prophesy spoken over my life (Numbers 23:23).

5. I bind and cast out every spirit of depression, heaviness, and sorrow from me (Isaiah 61:3).

A prayer in which you ask for guidance and wisdom to crucify the flesh daily.

Dear God, I thank You for Your word. The Bible says that I have been crucified with Christ and that my flesh has been put to death. Therefore, I choose to walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. In Jesus' name, Amen.

I pray for the grace to crucify my flesh daily.

May I have the power to overcome the sinful desires of my flesh and live a life worth of God's glory. Amen.

Psalm 51:10

Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Father God, I thank You for the wonderful gifts that You have given me. I thank You because you gave me a new heart and new spirit. Your word says that I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, old things are passed away and all things become new. I want to grow in the lord, I want to know more about you Lord, please help me daily as I grow in you.

Thank you for your love, for you are good and your mercy endures forever. I pray that every day of my life will be an opportunity to continue growing in you Lord. Help me remember that without you Lord, nothing is possible but with you all things are possible. Thank you for giving me the opportunity of knowing you more each day. Help me remember that without your spirit it is impossible to live a fruitful life and to experience eternal life.

Help me crucify my flesh so that my thoughts, words and behavior reflect your glory. Help me to focus on the work ahead and not become weary or distracted by what others are doing around me. As I walk through this earthly life, help me not forget why I am here - to bring glory to your name and make disciples of all nations.

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing…If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit." Galatians 5:16-25 NASB

Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner. Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner. Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner. Amen

1. Before this day ends, I shall be delivered from every bondage and oppression.

2. I shall be delivered from the power of darkness, in Jesus' name.

3. I shall be delivered from sickness, disease and infirmity, in Jesus' name.

4. I shall be delivered from the curse of poverty and lack, in the name of Jesus.

Churchgists.com offers accurate and reliable Christian information for all brethren worldwide.

Visit today: www.churchgists.com

(1) (Reply)

Money Earned Through Gambling Given As Tithe / Religious Facts About Marijuana / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.