Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

The Recent Politics Of Pastor Bakare, The Placard Carriage And The Bible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Recent Politics Of Pastor Bakare, The Placard Carriage And The Bible (565 Views)

Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / My Victory Is The Fulfilment Of Pastor Adeboye’s Prophecy- Osinbajo Testifies / Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Recent Politics Of Pastor Bakare, The Placard Carriage And The Bible by oldtime(m): 11:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
I have been worried for Tunde Bakare Lately, I have seen his active participation in Nigerian Politics, the outburst, and open confrontation, I have observed characteristics of his involvements in many issues that affect the Nigerian Leaders and the country

While I think it is a good involvement considering the inhuman treatment of the Nigerian people by a few Politicians who have high jacked power for selfish purposes and brought shame to the Nigerian people

My concern for the cleric is his overbearing manners and untamed outburst both to the government and his fellow “men of God” if he considers them so,

Recently Tunde Bakare joined in a campaign to oust the President of Nigeria who has been hospitalised according to the media in Saudi Arabia
I have been pondering what a man of God will do in the face of a deluge of problems currently ravaging the land

While it is altogether a Nigerian style to protest every unfavourable condition or even kidnap and kill enemies sometimes as we have seen the society reduce to
Will it be right for a Man of God to join in carrying placards to oust an earthly President?
Considering that the world system is controlled by the devil according

2 corint 4;4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And knowing that true Christians look for a better city according to
Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Why would a man of God try to reclaim the government of the world from those under the influence of the god of this world

Should he insist, what will Elijah do to Ahab?

I am also worried that No “Man of God” has insisted on Praying miraculously to heal the president like Isaiah did to Hezekiah

They can bring God’s Glory to using the ever Powerful Name of Jesus to save the sick President and converting him to Christ afterwards
While the mature ones (Men of God) are silenced and perhaps seeking God secretly on the behalf of the president and Nigeria
Some are renowned for using such political inadequacies to seek cheap popularity and decline the assignment of

Mt 10: 7; 8 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand, Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Re: The Recent Politics Of Pastor Bakare, The Placard Carriage And The Bible by dplus(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
@oldtime

From your comment I can see that your philosophy and ideas are oldtime indeed.

I can see that you are a Church person.

@Considering that the world system is controlled by the devil according .
The world system is controlled by People. You cannot survive under the devil a minute .

The world system will be controlled by the devil after rapture when the Anti-Christ.

Please read your Bible very well

Everyone is a Man of God , pastor is just a Title.

Anyone can be in a protest , dont bring church into this.
Re: The Recent Politics Of Pastor Bakare, The Placard Carriage And The Bible by adconline(m): 12:38pm On Jan 18, 2010
Rev Mary Slessor did not pray to stop killing of infants, she worked, Rev Martin Luther protested and worked.Bishop Desmond Tutu worked and protested. Faith without good work is in vain. The truth you speak will set you free not the truth you know.
Re: The Recent Politics Of Pastor Bakare, The Placard Carriage And The Bible by buchio7(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
he acts out his convictions n dat is very important 4 a man of God. Nt just spoutin rhetorics frm a pulpit.  evil thrives when good men keep quiet. U shd borrow a leaf frm him n stand up 2 b counted as someone who condems evil

(1) (Reply)

Save Nigeria Lagos Rally On 21st Jan / What To Know In Starting Your Own Business / Umaru Musa Yar'adua Is Long Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.