Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State (1809 Views)

EFCC's Kano Office Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operators, Recover Firearms (Photos) / Small Doctor Arrested By Police For Firearms Possession (PHOTO) / Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by IratzsMicheal(m): 2:55pm On May 31, 2017
Benue State Police Command has uncovered an illegal firearms factory at Tse-Tyungu, Kyado District of Ukum LGA; arrested three suspects, with several finished and unfinished firearms recovered.

According to Benue state Police Commissioner, Bashir Makama, said the discovery was made following a tip-off. He said the prime suspect in the business, now at large, had been into the manufacturing of the weapons for long, which were being sold to buyers in the state and other parts of the country.

“Following the arrest of one Felix at Assasi in North Bank area of Makurdi town on May 24, based on reliable information, the suspect confessed to being a distributor and had sold a locally-made Beretta pistol to one Bishop in Abuja for N40,000. .

Two suspects, 25-year-old Tyowa and 18-year-old Aondoyavenga, were arrested at the plant. Items and exhibits recovered from the factory include one carbon cylinder, one gas cylinder, one Sumec generating set, one Dane gun, one fabricated Beretta pistol, one filing machine, one drilling machine, two saws, one tool box, one jute bag containing tools and a motorcycle.”

Items discovered includes
- 1 carbon cylinder
- 1 gas cylinder
- 1 sumec generating set
- 1 Dane gun
- 1 fabricated pistol
- 1 filing machine
- 1 drilling machine
- 2 saws
- 1 tool box
- 1 Bagco bag containing tools
- 1 Bajaj motorcycle.

http://newscantell..com/2017/05/police-discovers-illegal-firearms.html

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 31, 2017
These ones are ready to blow up the country o.
They should be sentenced for life along with the remaining Boko animals!!
Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by Jakumo(m): 3:17pm On May 31, 2017
"Locally made Baretta Pistol" has become a generic name for any handgun made in Nigeria by blacksmiths, but truth be told, the complexity and precision manufacturing processes required to produce a functional semi-automatic handgun are all FAR above the level of sophistication to be found in a Nigerian blacksmith's workshop. Locally made revolvers do exist, but even they are more likely to back-fire and kill or injure the shooter, than the intended target.

In short, any pistol made by blacksmiths can NEVER compare with the firepower of a REAL Barretta semi-automatic pistol, so perhaps Nigerian journalists should consider choosing an alternative name to describe those crude, hand-made contraptions of the sort shown in the above photograph.

4 Likes

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by CharlotteFlair: 6:16pm On May 31, 2017
Omenkalives! So your brothers had the technical knowhow to make firearms and you people let hausa-fulani overrun your land and go Scot free??
Those guys must make a case for self defense at the law court!
Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by omenkaLives(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Omenkalives! So your brothers had the technical knowhow to make firearms and you people let hausa-fulani overrun your land and go Scot free??
Those guys must make a case for self defense at the law court!
So I'm not longer an afonja pretending to be from Benue?

Smh.

I'm proud of where I come from regardless. I wonder when useless trolls will have the guts to tell the forum the states they are from.

1 Like

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by CharlotteFlair: 6:32pm On May 31, 2017
omenkaLives:
So I'm not longer an afonja pretending to be from Benue?

Smh.

I'm proud of where I come from regardless. I wonder when useless trolls will have the guts to tell the forum the states they are from.
Omenkalives! I am not a troll! I am your friend who cares so much for your well-being and I am from the land of the Rising Sun! I am angry that your people had some special skills that were not leveraged when Fulani herdsmen came calling. You people should rally round these guys to maximize this skill because sooner or later, the chicken will surely come home to roost because the last of the anti Christ in London has his role well scripted! Don't be caught unawares.

1 Like

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 31, 2017
Where the gun?
Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by omenkaLives(m): 6:36pm On May 31, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Omenkalives! I am not a troll! I am your friend who cares so much for your well-being and I am from the land of the Rising Sun! I am angry that your people had some special skills that were not leveraged when Fulani herdsmen came calling. You people should rally round these guys to maximize this skill because sooner or later, the chicken will surely come home to roost because the last of the anti Christ in London has his role well scripted! Don't be caught unawares.
Which state is "land of the rising sun"?

I'm from Benue state, where are you from?
Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by CharlotteFlair: 6:41pm On May 31, 2017
omenkaLives:
Which state is "land of the rising sun"?

I'm from Benue state, where are you from?
I am from the Land of The Rising Sun! You can Google the part.

1 Like

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by tyrone07(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Jakumo:
"Locally made Baretta Pistol" has become a generic name for any handgun made in Nigeria by blacksmiths, but truth be told, the complexity and precision manufacturing processes required to produce a functional semi-automatic handgun are all FAR above the level of sophistication to be found in a Nigerian blacksmith's workshop. Locally made revolvers do exist, but even they are more likely to back-fire and kill or injure the shooter, than the intended target.

In short, any pistol made by blacksmiths can NEVER compare with the firepower of a REAL Barretta semi-automatic pistol, so perhaps Nigerian journalists should consider choosing an alternative name to describe those crude, hand-made contraptions of the sort shown in the above photograph.

Not anymore. Nigerian Blacksmiths are getting better at producing craft made weapons. I have seen a couple.of semi automatic handguns and sub machine guns chambered in 7.62 × 39
N

1 Like

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by okoroemeka(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
tyrone07:

Not anymore. Nigerian Blacksmiths are getting better at producing craft made weapons. I have seen a couple.of semi automatic handguns and sub machine guns chambered in 7.62 × 39
N
there are locally made ak 47 and 6 chamber revolver shot gun

1 Like

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by kogi2010: 6:56am On Jul 29, 2021
later now dere governor go come dey accuse Buhari n fulani, but na em tribal people the produce the weapon wey them dey us kill dere sef
Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by peppermint7(m): 8:45am On Jul 29, 2021
tyrone07:

N
Omoh guy leave am
Nigerians no ft manufacture anything other than their normal 6 cyclinders
Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by peppermint7(m): 8:46am On Jul 29, 2021
okoroemeka:
there are locally made ak 47 and 6 chamber revolver shot gun
Nigerians make semi automatic weapon
That guy de lie abeg
Na only six cylinders and Dane we ft make for here
Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by badboyTee(m): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2021
the tape rule measuring their jail term no be for this earth

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by okoroemeka(m): 9:07am On Jul 30, 2021
peppermint7:

That guy de lie abeg
they make automatic pistols even in aba, check out this pics,I have seen a locally made semi auto pistol selling for #50k,don't doubt the power of the criminal mind.

1 Like

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by peppermint7(m): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2021
okoroemeka:
they make automatic pistols even in aba, check out this pics
Guy leave arguement abeg
None of this things de automatic
That pistol na just refurbished
Besides to reassemble Barrett’s de very simple.
Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by Jakumo(m): 9:27am On Jul 30, 2021
okoroemeka:
they make automatic pistols even in aba, check out this pics,I have seen a locally made semi auto pistol selling for #50k,don't doubt the power of the criminal mind.

You just reminded me of the master Filipino gunmakers who create precise functioning copies of US-made semiautomatic handguns such as the legendary Colt 1911 semiautomatic pistol, using crude fabrication equipment in jungle huts. If the Filipinos can produce such perfectly machined handguns, then certainly Nigerian gunsmiths can do the same thing, starting with an original copy to replicate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq1TXEE_QK4

A similar artisanal gunsmithing cottage industry exists in Pakistan as well, where the fine art of creating semi-auto and full auto weapons has been perfected over generations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC1Z2-ITNtc

1 Like

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by tyrone07(m): 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2021
[quote author=peppermint7 post=104205230]
That guy de lie abeg

Why are you arguing ignorance? Instead of you to ask to be shown pictures you are here displaying your lack of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Police Discovers Illegal Firearms Factory In Benue State by peppermint7(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2021
[quote author=tyrone07 post=104278526][/quote]
Oga rest

(1) (Reply)

I Witnessed A Robbery Scene This Morning. / EFCC Arrests 15 Yahoo Boys With Charms In Ogun State / Army Invades Supermarket In LASU , Slap Managers, As Customers Run [WATCH]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.