Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,412 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) (27365 Views)

Small Doctor Arrested By Police For Firearms Possession (PHOTO) / Police Arrest 4 For Unlawful Possession Of Firearms In Abia (Photo) / Police Arrest Manufacturer Of Fake Wines, Whiskeys In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by dre11(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
Femi Makinde , Osogbo

The police in Osun State have arrested a manufacturer and a dealer of illegal firearms around Ile Ife.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Fimihan Adeoye , who paraded the suspects, a 72- year - old Adebowale Aderibigbe ( dealer) and Akeem Nasiru ( manufacturer) before journalists in Osogbo on Friday said their arrests were made possible following a tip -off.

The CP said three guns and 350 unexpended cartridges were recovered from the septuagenarian while nine guns were recovered from Akeem , who said he was a blacksmith.

Adeoye said , “ We were able to arrest this manufacturer and the dealer of illegal firearms following a tip - off . Police detectives working on tip off arrested them on July 4 around Ile- Ife.

“ I am happy because , with this arrest , we have been able to cut off supply of firearms to the criminals . We are still investigating to know more and to arrest all those involved in this illegal trade. ”

Although the octogenarian confessed that he had no license to sell arms and ammunition , he said he was a supplier to the Obafemi Awolowo University which he claimed contracted the job of supplying ammunition to its security unit.

Pa Aderibigbe, when asked where he usually got the ammunition from said one Igbo man supplied him but he said that he did not know the shop of the man nor his name.

He said, “ I supply the cartridges to OAU in fact, they gave me papers to supply them . The university gives the cartridges to their security personnel, who use them for security purposes and also to kill bats.

“ The policemen have gone to my house to search for the papers given to me. I don’ t sell to criminals. A doctor gave me one of the guns to service for him and that is where I get my livelihood from. I am not a criminal.

Akeem also said that he had no license to manufacture guns but he explained that he was a blacksmith and that he inherited the job from his father.

Akeem also said that he did not sell his products to criminal not involved in crime .
He said he once worked as a ‘cracker ’ at the OAU.

http://punchng.com/police-arrest-manufacture-dealer-of-illegal-firearms-in-osun/

lalasticlala
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by Oladimejyy(m): 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
So my people can make Ammunitions.. Kudo!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by madridguy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good job @NPF

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by MhizzAJ(f): 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by GLOBALINF: 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
I love NPF

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
This should be Aba nah, they can't manufacture anything in the west

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by NCANChairman(m): 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
72- year - old Adebowale Aderibigbe ( dealer) and Akeem Nasiru ( manufacturer)

I try not to take sides but if this was In the East, we will not rest today.

NCANChairman

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by oshe11: 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
can they shoot like RUDIGER

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by cosby02(m): 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
I don't know why am happy about this.... am not happy cos they were arrested anyway, maybe cos it actually exist.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by cosby02(m): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
GLOBALINF:
I love NPF
Love keh

15 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
Cosmetics.
Go after the real guys abeg

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by baby124: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
Don't lock up that blacksmith. Use him for the army. His work is neat

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by cosby02(m): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
NCANChairman:
I am here
Welcome sir

13 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by ibkgab001: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
What is criminality in that locally made barrel

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by ekensi01: 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
Na local theives go buy that gun.

I need a machine gun since police are thinking of going on strike in my place.
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by cosby02(m): 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
ymee:
This should be Aba nah, they can't manufacture anything in the west

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by fotadmowmend(m): 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
npf
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by alphaeus212(m): 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
Oladimejyy:
So my people can make Ammunitions.. Kudo!!!
CHECK WELL ONE NNAMDI MISSED WORK THAT DAY AND THEY CAUGHT HIS AFONJA BOYS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by abumeinben(m): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
And Evans escaped lipsrsealed
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by alanka(f): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
Suspicious. Afonja making guns?

There is fire on the mountain.

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by pterson(m): 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
Osun is turning to another Sodom after the North. Watch out!

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by xmich(m): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
But have any one seen armed robbers with this kind of gun? Abeg make una free that man go find work do Ndi ara.

This guns are normally used by hunters

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
Even NCAN are tired grin

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by nelsilvercloud(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by NothingDoMe: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
pterson:
Osun is turning to another Sodom after the North. Watch out!
Sodom ke? Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by kingrt2(m): 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good one
See signature
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by muller101(m): 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
Even old men are not left out
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by pterson(m): 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Sodom ke? Hehehe
Some clerics used a 400L student of UNIOSUN for rituals weeks ago, many other human skulls found and then this again. Is that not Sodom?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
yellowbar demons and criminality TUFIAKWA

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by doublewisdom: 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
Beats me why old people do crime.
Re: Police Arrest Manufacturer, Dealer Of Illegal Firearms In Osun (pic) by itsIYKE(m): 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
H

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keke Driver Goes Missing After He Was Hired For A Drop In Warri(pics) / Three Nigerians Indicted Over $6m Fraud In US / Man Caught On Camera Stealing Macbook From A Hotel In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.