|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,716,110 members, 6,420,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 August 2021 at 09:19 AM
|Endometriosis by slimjosh43: 11:50pm On May 31, 2017|
Endometriosis is an often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus — the endometrium — grows outside your uterus.
It can appear in many different places, including the ovaries, fallopian tubes, inside the tummy, and in or around the bladder or bowel.
Endometriosis mainly affects girls and women of childbearing age. It's less common in women who've been through the menopause.
It's a long-term condition that can have a significant impact on your life, but there are treatments that can help.
Symptoms of endometriosis
The symptoms of endometriosis can vary. Some women are badly affected, while others might not have any noticeable symptoms.
Symptoms can include:
● period pain that it isn't relieved with painkillers
● heavy periods – for example, you may need to use lots of tampons or pads (or use them together), or the blood might soak through your clothes
● pelvic pain – this may just occur around the time of your period or you may have it all the time
● pain during and after sex
● pain or discomfort when going to the toilet
● bleeding from your bottom or blood in your poo
● feeling tired all the time
For some women, endometriosis can stop them from doing their normal activities, and it may sometimes lead to feelings of depression.
Causes of Endometriosis
The cause of endometriosis isn't known.
Several theories have been suggested, including:
● genetics – the condition tends to run in families, and affects people of certain ethnic groups more than others
● retrograde menstruation – when some of the womb lining flows up through the fallopian tubes and embeds itself on the organs of the pelvis, rather than leaving the body as a period
● a problem with the immune system (the body's natural defence against illness and infection)
● endometrium cells spreading through the body in the bloodstream or lymphatic system (a series of tubes and glands that form part of the immune system)
But none of these theories fully explain why endometriosis occurs. It's likely the condition is caused by a combination of different factors.
Our 100% Traditional Chinese Medicine provides thrilling solution and boost fertility.
Visit our Facebook page: Uc Health Care
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32