Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? (32469 Views)

215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 / Covenant University Graduates 238 First Class Honours Students / Olumide Akinyemi Bags First Class From Finnish University, Graduates As The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by TheEminentLaity: 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
You're worrying about the wrong thing. Focus on graduating with a first. As for jobs, it doesn't matter which university, it's extremely competitive for everyone.
DilaRocks:
Please Is This True About Private Universities?

Good morning everyone, please Is it true that if one attends a private University if not covenant that it will be hard getting a job later on in future as most companies only accept graduates from good public universities and then for private if not covenant universe then forget it?

I am asking this question because I didn't pass this year's jamb so I decided to enroll in a private University around my region, Delta state, the University is western delta university but lots of people discouraging me that private uni is only good for girls and not boys, to make matter worst my sisters said most good paying company only accept graduates from covenant only if it's not public uni,

please I need advise from experienced ones here, if I enroll in this private uni will I have a hard time securing a job later on in future?
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
takenadoh:
I have no idea. I schooled in France
Are you related to lai mohammed??
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by manikspears: 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
DilaRocks:

Good morning everyone, please Is it true that if one attends a private University if not covenant that it will be hard getting a job later on in future as most companies only accept graduates from good public universities and then for private if not covenant universe then forget it?

I am asking this question because I didn't pass this year's jamb so I decided to enroll in a private University around my region, Delta state, the University is western delta university but lots of people discouraging me that private uni is only good for girls and not boys, to make matter worst my sisters said most good paying company only accept graduates from covenant only if it's not public uni,

please I need advise from experienced ones here, if I enroll in this private uni will I have a hard time securing a job later on in future?
you make me laugh,come and see many unemplyed OAU graduates.it's not about university o,it is by the grace of God.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by MrOdyssey(m): 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
babablogger:
My sis did a Micro biology in a private university after that she tried doing nursing with her bsc in MCB in Canada guess what?

The Canadian institution only recognised 3 private uni in Nigeria covenant, babcock and bell

Just make your plans well

How many public universities were recognised bro?. All i guess
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by takenadoh: 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Danty37:

Are you related to lai mohammed??
My dear I schooled in France.

Do u know anywhere in France?
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by hardbody: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
Opistorincos:
It is a blatant lie, forget about institution ownership and all that, what matters is your Bsc and what you have in your head. You also need to be close to God, once all these are in place, you are good to go.

Advisor, B.Sc is the only degree that universities give to graduands. Dummy.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Bimpe29: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
It is a big fat lie. Institutions does not matter. What matters is divine blessing that lands one a sustaining means of livelihood, your intellects.

1 Like

Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by YaksonFCA(m): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
Na who name of school don help?

The school doesnt matter... Emphasis should be on the knowlege acquired not name of university.

Work hard and pray and the sky will be your starting point.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
takenadoh:
My dear I schooled in France.
Do u know anywhere in France?
i know paris of course... Where did you schooled in france??
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by lexzealous(m): 3:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
What you have upstairs is what gets you the Job. More importantly get good skills while in university. Aside Convenant university and Redeemers, another very good University is Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji, Osun State. The first entrepreneurial university in Nigeria. Imagine learning different skills alongside your course before completing your course.

If you didn't do well in Jamb, you can join their A levels programme (JUPEB). After the programme, (9 months), you will be able to cross into 200 level in the University and other
universities in Nigeria. Visit www.jupeb.jabu.edu.ng. also www.Jabu.edu.ng
Or call 08066694534 for admission details.

Don't waste your time waiting for another Jamb.
You can also enrol in their foundation programme similar to pre-degree but better in the sense that you are running the course of your choice as other 100 Level students and would be promoted to 200 level if you pass.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
AlNur:
stop the deception! private university graduates finds it hard to secure job in Nigeria labour market unlike their public counterpart.
lol it seems you are moving with the wrong set of people because here in Lagos i know alot of private universities graduates that work in good companies infact those people that complain about unemployment are the public universities graduates

1 Like

Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by babablogger: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
MrOdyssey:

How many public universities were recognised bro?. All i guess
most almost all sev

1 Like

Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Drabrah(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
DilaRocks:

TheVictorious:
OP, the issue you should really be concerned about is not whether or not the school is private or public, but whether the institution is standard. Believe me there are many schools out there that are substandard, both private and public, that don't even meet the basic requirement to be called a university in the 21st century. Just that the public ones among them have better reputation, due to public sentiment, so don't allow anybody pull the wool over your face. I wouldn't choose any particular school for you, but if your choice is private, the standard ones I know of are not much; Covenant University (CU), Afe Babalola University of Adoekiti (ABUAD) and American University of Nigeria (AUN). You may also want to consider Babcock University (BU), depending on your preferred course of study. Good luck!

My dear, dat sch epitomises ur illustration (except if it's not d sch in Ogharra d OP is talking abt).
To be honest, I don't know abt dia curriculum, buh d environment I saw on visit to dat place "no be am" at all. Many sec schs gat berra structures.

1 Like

Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Drabrah(m): 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
DilaRocks:

TheVictorious:
OP, the issue you should really be concerned about is not whether or not the school is private or public, but whether the institution is standard. Believe me there are many schools out there that are substandard, both private and public, that don't even meet the basic requirement to be called a university in the 21st century. Just that the public ones among them have better reputation, due to public sentiment, so don't allow anybody pull the wool over your face. I wouldn't choose any particular school for you, but if your choice is private, the standard ones I know of are not much; Covenant University (CU), Afe Babalola University of Adoekiti (ABUAD) and American University of Nigeria (AUN). You may also want to consider Babcock University (BU), depending on your preferred course of study. Good luck!

My dear, dat sch epitomises ur illustration (except if it's not d sch in Ogharra d OP is talking abt).
To be honest, I don't know abt dia curriculum, buh d environment I saw on visit to dat place "no be am" at all. Many sec schs gat berra structures.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
I studied here in France grin grin

takenadoh:

Haba where did u study?
Do u understand what "I have no idea"? Actually mean?
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
babablogger:
did you read where I wrote the Canadian institution she applied to

And also did he take a transcript or he went there for his masters?
what is the name of the Canadian institution? because I know lots of Nigerian private universities graduates apart CU,Babcock and bells that finished from lot of gud schools in Canada.....

1 Like

Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by babablogger: 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Pasca07:
what is the name of the Canadian institution? because I know lots of Nigerian private universities graduates apart CU,Babcock and bells that finished from lot of gud schools in Canada.....
did they go for pgd, masters etc or they went to study another course with their transcript?
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by takenadoh: 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Danty37:

i know paris of course... Where did you schooled in france??
IFP sir/Ma.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by TheVictorious(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
Drabrah:

undecided

Oh really? Which is why I gave him options if he's going for private. @ DilaRocks, you may also want to check out the New federal universities; some of them are not doing bad.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by unipol(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Job is difficult in Naija, whether private or public universities. But don't waste ur money and time in private university, it doesn't Worth it. No foreign institution recognizes private university. Talking from experience when I was securing admission for my younger one in Germany.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Brunosamel(m): 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
Honestly, I have two friends that study accounting in Madonna university and there parents aren't that connected either. Both of the got jobs within 6months after graduating without ICAN or ACCA. No because of the school they went to both rather what they had upstairs. Currently Two of them are working and are about to start the ICAN exams.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
babablogger:
did they go for pgd, masters etc or they went to study another course with their transcript?
Pgd,masters and P.hd
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
unipol:
Job is difficult in Naija, whether private or public universities. But don't waste it money and time in private university, it doesn't Worth it. No foreign institution recognizes private university. Talking from experience when I was securing admission for my younger one in Germany.
so private university graduates find it difficult to gain admission into foreign universities?
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by darkid1(m): 9:40am On Jun 02, 2017
blueseacats:
Actually covenant university graduates are the ones I won't like to hire . Most private universities are top notch.
undecided k
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by unipol(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2017
Pasca07:
so private university graduates find it difficult to gain admission into foreign universities?
Why the short cut. Did u fail jamb? Work harder, u will pass next time. Nigeria is already messed up so why adding another trouble to already troubled nation.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 11:03am On Jun 02, 2017
unipol:

Why the short cut. Did u fail jamb? Work harder, u will pass next time. Nigeria is already messed up so why adding another trouble to already troubled nation.
from this comment of yours it shows not everybody on Nairaland is mentally ok.I asked you simple question base on your previous assertion about foreign schools not recognizing private universities in Nigerian you are talking about jamb?so from your myopic point of view anybody that comments here is either jambite or undergraduate?pls go and take your drug.....
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by unipol(m): 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pasca07:
from this comment of yours it shows not everybody on Nairaland is mentally ok.I asked you simple question base on your previous assertion about foreign schools not recognizing private universities in Nigerian you are talking about jamb?so from your myopic point of view anybody that comments here is either jambite or undergraduate?pls go and take your drug.....
Lol. I know ur case, it is like saying bus conductors are tout in front of a conductor, or saying olosho will not make heaven in front of an executive olosho, she could attack the Sayer . Bro kul down, admit ur mistake and move ahead. We all have mistakes in life.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by unipol(m): 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pasca07:
Yes, you may finally succeed but it is still not enough reason to encourage it. Choose wisely.

People love straight answers rather than advice.
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Opistorincos(m): 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
hardbody:

Advisor, B.Sc is the only degree that universities give to graduands. Dummy.

You are spotted. Next!
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
unipol:

Lol. I know ur case, it is like saying bus conductors are tout in front of a conductor, or saying olosho will not make heaven in front of an executive olosho, she could attack the Sayer . Bro kul down, admit ur mistake and move ahead. We all have mistakes in life.
chai I give up
Re: Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Pasca07: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
unipol:

Yes, you may finally succeed but it is still not enough reason to encourage it. Choose wisely.

People love straight answers rather than advice.
you may finally succeed?what do u mean by u may?simple question deserve simple answer.besides what do you mean by I shouldn't encourage foreign education? it is obvious you need drug.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / Nigerian PHD Students Stranded In UK (Photos) / Zazu Lyrics In UNILORIN Mass Communication Exam (400L)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.