Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

6 Super Negotiation Techniques - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Super Negotiation Techniques (757 Views)

Six Time Management Techniques For Entrepreneurs / Workshop On Competitive Selling & Negotiation Skills / Workshop On Competitive Selling & Negotiation Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Super Negotiation Techniques by bullabong(m): 7:46am On Jun 01, 2017
We all engage in daily negotiations of buying and selling whether we are mainstream business people or not,we can't avoid the day to day negotiations held in markets and around us. We all have to negotiate prices and deals at some point.
Here today are 5 techniques to guarantee you play safe in a negotiation to get good value for your money/ good price for you goods.

1. Never be first to make a price offer or suggestion till you hear what the seller has in mind.

When asked "how much do you want to pay ?" The seller most likely want to know your economic capacity before striking you with a price. So Ask back how much the seller is willing to sell? This way you put your self at an advantage by not committing yourself probably higher than the seller had in mind. This is the knowledge a good seller needs to control a sales negotiation in his favor...finding out your financial capability first.

2. Never haggle price of goods not yet seen and inspected,it puts you at a disadvantage without you knowing it.

I have bought 3 vehicles on NL for personal use and I have sold several cars here on NL too,but most times when I talk to a bad negotiator I immediately know it! Some people call to inquire,and end up by saying,"I will pay this amount". How can you start revealing your budget too early in the deal? what you haven't inspected or seen?? Hello!! For goodness sake the goods may be damaged or better still you have a good chance of beating the price down by picking faults or at least pretend to pick faults when inspected,there's no easier way to make a seller jittery and willing to sell at your price than this move.

3. Never be first to call after a price tie.

Never be first to call after a price tie on the initial conversation about goods to be sold. First to call loses negotiating ground psychologically when a seller calls first,buyer gains ground. When a buyer calls first, seller gains ground.
Just like in a market situation,when you play the "walk away trick" and the seller calls u to come back. It means he is ready to dance to your tune. But if you walk away and seller doesn't call back and you come back on your own,then you have submitted to sellers will.

4. As a seller Know your product in and out,
symbols,codes,signs.

I once sold a car very fast on NL because I could explain some scientific jargon of why the vehicle was a speed racer .I explained the GDi concept - gasoline direct injection and voila!! The guy was caught immediately. He bought the car at a good price.

5. Never tell a lie to make a sale.

Yes never tell a lie in a sales negotiation because you may be asked to prove it and be sold. But if you are caught in a lie,to make that sale, you will have to make up for that lie you told by trying to be nice. And this will greatly affect you negotiation ground. I'm not perfect. Guess what? I have been caught in a desperate misconception which can technically be called a lie. And what did I do? I cancelled the deal and left honorably because I would most likely not get a good price then.

6. Hide your desperation in a negotiation.

You honestly need to sell that house or car or whatever there is to be sold before an appointed time,to be able to pay the bank off or to clinch a big deal,but please keep that to your self,because if you mistakenly reveal that to a buyer you will dance to his tune from then on. You have searched for it all over town and you suddenly find what you are looking for and you reveal to the seller how you have searched for it. Your own don finish! The seller go balance chop your money.

Try these and see how well it works. Happy negotiating!!
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by yehmy(m): 7:50am On Jun 01, 2017
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by bullabong(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2017
yehmy:

booked!
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by Perfecttouch(m): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2017
That WALK AWAY TRICK(no3) dey work well well until one day wey I go buy one very scarce item from ibo man the man already told me
Nna bia this thingnu(this thing) you no go see am buy for that price again.
I come dey use style dey Waka dey look back.
Just some step o, one man just enter buy same last product,he no even price,shai I almost cry, I come dey follow the ibo man drag sey sebi na me first price am,I have to order for it o,spent extra 8k
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by yehmy(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2017
bullabong:
booked!
wake me wen it gets to front page
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by bullabong(m): 11:02am On Jun 01, 2017
Perfecttouch:
That WALK AWAY TRICK(no3) dey work well well until one day wey I go buy one very scarce item from ibo man the man already told me
Nna bia this thingnu(this thing) you no go see am buy for that price again.
I come dey use style dey Waka dey look back.
Just some step o, one man just enter buy same last product,he no even price,shai I almost cry, I come dey follow the ibo man drag sey sebi na me first price am,I have to order for it o,spent extra 8k
he knew he had you.
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by bullabong(m): 3:54am On Jun 21, 2018
Let's go
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by bullabong(m): 10:57am On Jun 21, 2018
Who
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by bullabong(m): 7:12am On Jun 22, 2018
Let's good people
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by bullabong(m): 11:00am On Jun 23, 2018
Come along
Re: 6 Super Negotiation Techniques by bullabong(m): 5:27am On Oct 30, 2019
yehmy:
wake me wen it gets to front page
Wake up now

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn Every 60minutes With Your Phone From Sunday To Sunday / 100k REWARD!!! Just Set Up Any Profitable Online Business For Me. / What Product Is Most Needed By Most Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.