Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Wema Bank Guard Turns Drug Seller (how He Peddles Hard Substance In Banking Hall - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wema Bank Guard Turns Drug Seller (how He Peddles Hard Substance In Banking Hall (546 Views)

10 Types Of People You Find In The Banking Hall / Queues At The ATM & Banking Hall: Share Your Experiences/Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wema Bank Guard Turns Drug Seller (how He Peddles Hard Substance In Banking Hall by machenews: 10:15am On Jun 01, 2017
Re: Wema Bank Guard Turns Drug Seller (how He Peddles Hard Substance In Banking Hall by LifeIsGuhd(f): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2017
Prevalence of drug abuse by students in Nigeria institutions is becoming more alarming.

A recent case of older adult aiding such drug abuse is a case of a security guard attached to the nation’s oldest surviving financial institutions, Wema Bank.

The bank branch situated inside Babcock University, Ilishan-remo in Ogun state, according to information at our disposal has turned to a popular Shrine in Lagos where sales of hard drugs is the order of the day.

It was gathered that a security guard attached to Wema bank simply called, “Area” sells hard drugs in the banking hall secretly!

Findings revealed Students who are drugs addicts will walk into the banking hall with the disguise to make financial transaction, pick up deposit form and walk up to “Area” who is always seated at an angle controlling the security doors as if assistance is needed to fill the form. “Area” on his part will signal his index finger to the buyer, if the buyer replied with Thumb up then transactions starts but if not he’ll attend to the person like a regular bank customer. The buyer will indicate by writing the first letter of the choice of hard drug of purchase on the table, then “Area” will hand over the drugs wrapped with deposit or transfer form over to its customer who then walk safely out of the bank like other customer after completion of their transaction. The buyer must come with actually amount to be attended to.

Further digs revealed that “Area” a retired military man, has been on the business for months. It was gathered that the inability of most of the students to find their way out of the school premises gave reason for the drug selling business. Hard drugs allegedly sold by “Area” include Tramadol, Marijuana, Cocaine etc.

The Segun Oloketuyi Led Wema bank Plc though recorded 68 percent profit after tax in its unaudited first quarter 2017 financial results, according to impeccable sources, the bank is set to lay off staffs by August due to what an insider called “reform exercise due to instability in the country’s economy.

Credit: Societyreelnews
Re: Wema Bank Guard Turns Drug Seller (how He Peddles Hard Substance In Banking Hall by femolacqua(m): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2017
Omo see levels.
Re: Wema Bank Guard Turns Drug Seller (how He Peddles Hard Substance In Banking Hall by venatus25(m): 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Since he neither stole my money or your money to do his business I think is not my concern. The current economic situation has pushes many to crime.
Now, surviving in Nigeria is a tough game, if you can make it without robbery or stealing, I'm in support of you.
I don't care about the way I sound here, what I know is the fact, I put it straight to you is either you accept or leave it that way.

(1) (Reply)

Somebody Please Help Me!!! / Pvc Corrugated Sheet, Pvc Corrugated Panel By Sinoceiling.com / Africa Architecture Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.