Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

My Take On The Biafran Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Biafran Dream (325 Views)

Nigerian Dream, Biafran Dream! / Labourers Find Biafra Pounds Hidden In Bottle And Buried During Biafran War / Igbo Professor Says The Biafran Dream May Remain A Mirage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On The Biafran Dream by uyiekpenn(m): 11:46am On Jun 01, 2017
Secession from a sovereign nation has its own negative stance, the mother country would suffer some drawbacks in terms of politics, economics, technologies, demographics and free trade autonomy cutting across zones.However, it is also suicidal and war-calling to wanting to be dictatorial over a particular tribe or nation who wants to forge ahead as a recognized sovereign nation out of the mother country.

Even USA will kick against rumored California state breaking away because it will result into a mammoth breakdown of power.Nonetheless, u can't force people against their will unless you prefer to enslave them, therefore, it is important to say sooner or later , Biafra must be recognized and allowed to secede. Ways to go are to first conduct a referendum withing each-to-be biafran state excluding the national assembly members.

And if referendums prove the agitation solid, the second step is to withdraw from national politics two years after the signed accord of secession, all national assembly affairs shall no thereof recognize the members of biafran states but a regional non-anarchical assembly where funds and revenues shall be solely from the purses of the biafran states or business partners, which Nigerian government could be to but on a business platform( this way people won't see Biafra as a usurper trying to milk Nigeria- state for her own growth while Nigeria's government suffers in detriments).

The third step is to work on naturalisation principles, no Biafran nor Nigerian citizens shall posses dual citizenships of these countries once in a lifetime, once you have one, you apply for visiting or working visa in the other, this will limit selfishness... Lastly, let all businesses stand in whatsoever regions they are, let the Biafrans moguls apply for permit to run business in nigeria climates while Nigerian moguls running business in Biafra shall also apply for permit. As I am a supporter of cross-border trades and true Democratic values, I say let self and inter-businesses continue, be anywhere you want to be but try follow the laid principles, different from being anarchical.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Biafran Dream by FieryJustice(m): 11:50am On Jun 01, 2017
hmm
Re: My Take On The Biafran Dream by reptile1: 11:55am On Jun 01, 2017
U are not outta point in my estimation
Re: My Take On The Biafran Dream by Kingcesar: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nice post
Re: My Take On The Biafran Dream by kingzizzy: 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2017

The third step is to work on naturalisation principles, no Biafran nor Nigerian citizens shall posses dual citizenships of these countries once in a lifetime, once you have one, you apply for visiting or working visa in the other, this will limit selfishness.

Total nonsense. What if it is person who has a Yoruba father and Igbo mother? You will tell the person to choose nationality? FFK's son is half Igbo/Yoruba. Which nationality will he choose. Dual citizenship must be allowed.

(1) (Reply)

Nurse Has Pleaded Guilty To Eight Counts Of First-degree Murder / REVEALED: Nigeria Earned $592bn (N222trn) From Oil Sector Between 1999 And 2014 / What The Igbo Can Learn From Yoruba And Fulani About Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.