Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,213 members, 7,849,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:01 AM

Paseda Legacy Foundation Saves 8-day Old Baby With Brain Tumour From Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Paseda Legacy Foundation Saves 8-day Old Baby With Brain Tumour From Death (481 Views)

Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman / 'Now I Can Expose My Face'; Lady Says After Removal Of Head Tumour. Graphic Pics / Nigerian Man Diagnosed With Brain Tumour, Left Paralyzed Recounts His Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Paseda Legacy Foundation Saves 8-day Old Baby With Brain Tumour From Death by Triton1996(m): 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
For the family of Mr. and Mrs. Ayodele Ibikunle of Ijebu-Ode, every 31st of May would remain unforgettable, as their eight-day old baby, little Iyanuoluwa was saved from death by a non-governmental organization, Paseda Legacy Foundation (PLF).

Iyanuoluwa, who was born with a brain tumor disease, (Jaundice) was at the verge of death, when the parents could not afford the hospital bill to operate on the brain at the Otunba Subomi National Pediatric Hospital, Ijebu-Ode.

Respite however came the way of the little girl, as Paseda Legacy Foundation offset the hospital bill for the successful operation.

According to the father, Mr. Ayodele Ibikunle of 32, Irilonise Street, Adefisan, Ijebu-Ode said the family have already lost hope of losing the baby when she was diagnosed for Jaundice of the brain, saying all efforts to get support from well meaning Nigerians became fruitless.

Elated Ibikunle emphasized that, they were surprised when the hospital called to sign the operation document as a non-political foundation had paid for the operation bill.

He said, "I don't know what to say. The whole issue seems to be like a mirage. I still cannot fathom the turn around and miracle God has showered on my family.

" We were shocked when we discovered that, the baby has a brain disease called Jaundice and the hospital said the only way to save the little baby was to make a 70% donation of the total operation bill. I'm a petty trader, I cannot afford to pay 10% of the operation bill, so all hope was lost.

"Just this morning I received a call from the hospital management that I am to sign a document before the operation could be performed on my baby. Surprisingly, I told the caller that, I am not ready to pay any deposit let alone to sign any documents, but the caller said someone had paid off the bill.

"As soon as I rushed to the hospital, I saw the cheque written in my child's name by Paseda Legacy Foundation. Though, I don't know the good Samaritan, but I will only pray to God to continue uplift the foundation and we shall remain forever indebted to the foundation ", Mr. Ibikunle explained in local dialect.

Speaking to our correspondent, the Director of Media and Strategies, Paseda Legacy Foundation, Mr. Michael-Azeez Ogunsiji stressed that, the gesture was part of the foundation's cardinal objectives aimed at assisting the less privileged in the society.

Mr. Ogunsiji therefore, assured Nigerians especially good people of Ogun State of providing quality health insurance scheme and educational empowerment for indigent students across the state.

It would be recalled that, the foundation had in the last three months embarked on free medical treatment and payment of school fees across the three Senatorial Districts of Ogun State

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

LASUTH Commissions Upgraded Intensive Care Unit (photos) / Good Morning Brothers And Sisters On Nairaland. Please, Friends I Need Your Help / I'm Not Satisfied My Husband Comes Too Quickly (wife Recounts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.